Watch out for the Super Harvest Moon TONIGHT

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.jackstargazer.com/scripts0SG1037.html
This is pretty interesting:

Now the reason the full Moon always looks bigger when it's close to the horizon than when it's overhead is one of the grandest illusions of nature.
snip

But an even more fun way to prove this illusion is to bend over at the waist and watch the rising Harvest Moon upside down between your legs. Because, bingo, it will instantly look smaller than when you look at it right side up. The reason for this is still being argued. But believe me it's one heck of an illusion. So don't miss next week's three nights of the Harvest Moon and as Jack always says, "Keep looking up!"

And it's also shown to be a good way to get your neighbors to start looking at you kinda funny.

This is what it looks like from my house...through the tree & clouds.
picture.php

Here's a little music for moonlight dancing!!:dance:
[video=youtube;qfyZUjd2wIs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfyZUjd2wIs[/video]

I just took my telescope out during a break in the clouds, and after much effort and lots of praying, I was finally able to focus in on Jupiter (not as easy with a telescope as with the naked eye, sometimes) and saw it, plus 4 of its moons and even it's rings! Praise the Lord for success, as I'd never been able to do that, before! It was AWESOME!!!!!!! (They were all still pretty tiny, but knowing how far away it was made it so cool to see anything!) Wow! :woohoo: I also took pictures, but they didn't turn out as well as the ones posted, so I won't bother, lol.

Well, heck, I live in Western PA too, and I can't see it! Perhaps some clouds just moved in. I hope they move on because I too am a "shake your wallet at the full moon and yell out "Fill it Up!" three times.

For those with clouds tonight, the full moon and Jupiter should be visible for a couple more days, at least. Maybe not QUITE as bright, but close enough to be fun. :)

I just took my telescope out during a break in the clouds, and after much effort and lots of praying, I was finally able to focus in on Jupiter (not as easy with a telescope as with the naked eye, sometimes) and saw it, plus 4 of its moons and even it's rings! Praise the Lord for success, as I'd never been able to do that, before! It was AWESOME!!!!!!! (They were all still pretty tiny, but knowing how far away it was made it so cool to see anything!) Wow! :woohoo: I also took pictures, but they didn't turn out as well as the ones posted, so I won't bother, lol.

I love looking at Jupiter through the telescope! It's quite a sight to see! I despise setting up the telescope but it's worth it in the end!

Trishy,I'm pretty sure Jupiter saw the end of my "telescope" thank you very much.

It was a beautiful moon! Our football boys were out practicing by its light, poor kids, they werent too happy practice ran long aided by moonlight. But it was indeed gorgeous, esp with jupiter being so bright as well. Thanks for the heads up

Expect I will be naked and dancing with my open purse;)

:dance:

If I was in my 20's perhaps early 30's I would have danced naked lol

eta. I have been celebrating Mabon( fall equinox )

I decorated my mantle with grape leaves, ferns, rosemary & thyme and lit a white candle and then prayed to the crone and to the greenman, and said a mabon prayer.

Last nite, I went out side, was barefoot and danced around my firepit celebrating mabon under the light of the harvest moon. did a ritual, asked my goddess to bless all of mankind and then I gazed at the moon, and gazed at the planet jupiter as jupiter was close and so bright!

I feel blessed and am sending blessings to you and all of the posters here on websluthes, bright blessings everybody!

I didn't dance naked or otherwise... but I did thank the Holy Trinity for His amazing creation. :dance:

Of course it was cloudy here until after we went to bed...sigh.

My friend has been focusing her energies and calling money her way (she needs some repairs done to home). Each nite she would meditate, eyeing the swelling moon and focus her intent.

Last night, she found out she won a large chunk of money, more than enough to pay for the needed repair. I was so excited for her when she called to tell me.

What a glorious moon, what a glorious night. Blessed are we.

I did do the nakie dance and also the purse open and saying fill it up three times. I will let you know what happens.

It was an oustanding night sky viewing from my little speck of the universe in Southern Georgia.

My dogs must have wanted to "moondance", they insisted on going out about 4:30 & the moon & Jupiter were still picture-perfect.... I walked around the yard but was too lazy to set up the tripod for pics... maybe tonight.

I went out and looked a couple of times and it seemed the same to me?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi
Back