Watching Motions Hearing Live on Friday 10-10-08

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this has been posted yet or not..

Shortly after the hearing ended, the Anthony family released the following statement: "Judge Strickland's decision today to grant access to all of the tips regarding Caylee's sightings is a victory for Caylee Marie. This is the first step in bringing Caylee home safely."

I'm going to go throw up now. BRB:eek:

Telling the TRUTH is the first step, sheesh.

IMHO, any attorney first must learn the basics of trial prep, which is the discovery process and motion practice. JB seems not to have much experience here, which si why the judge had to keep telling him to do go his own legwork, footwork, etc. I'm certainly not taking personal attacks, but he doesn't seem to used to discovery/motion practice. Point being, he'd have had a lot of what he filed motions over had he asked the prosecution properly. :)

I don't think he has ever heard of case law either. He doesn't even know how to properly file a motion. What was the name of his law school again?

What in the WORLD could KC being doing with JB for 6 hours every single day? I wonder if he is being "paid" for his services by her, during this time. WINK WINK...if you know what I mean.

BTW, I am new to the Caylee thread, but not to WBS ( I am usually over on the JBR Board).

They're, er.... "consulting," of course!:rolleyes:

If Casey is telling the truth about fear for safety, there is a huge difference in protection from protestors and protection from whoever it is that Casey is afraid of.

What happened to I left my daughter with my nanny. Whom I have known for 4 years. Now all of a sudden her Nanny is a Mafia hitman. :waitasec:

:clap::clap::clap:

I totally agree here.

Seems a lot of people want him to just stroll into the courtroom and throw in the towel and say, "Your Honor, the State's Atty is right. Casey is a liar, a thief and a murderer. That's right. I give up."

That's not what defense attorneys do and they are an important part of the justice system and if any of us is ever accused of a crime, guilty or not, we will appreciate that.

Crim defense attys wouldn't make much money nor have many clients if they didn't do what's allowed by the law - and the successful ones push the "gray area envelope" to the very edge.

I would rather have Racehorse Haynes or some DreamTeam collection of attorneys if I was accused, but I couldn't afford it and neither can Casey. She's getting a pretty good job out of JB considering what she's given him to work with.

JMO
Hmmm....Actually there are lots of posters here who get the system. I have someone very close to me that is a public defender. And, uh, that job carries a lot less prestige than your garden variety criminal defense attorney in private practice....but folks who choose it do so because the believe strongly in our system of justice. (And it's not for the $$, believe me.)

There are some folks who are cut out for criminal defense, but it's not for everyone. It's not a good idea for any attorney to arrive in court unprepared, no matter what their specialty.

As far as JB today goes, the judge was kind to him on some levels...but also made it clear it's time for him to get to work. That's not a compliment.:rolleyes:

It wouldn't surprise me if that happened. JB seems to be used to the relaxed protocol in a courtroom - not the highly charged atmoshpere where one must really move around/have a lot of dexterity (HAHA) with the codes of criminal procedure & evidence.

:crazy:
Perhaps he should have made a little 'cheat sheet." It's not unheard of. :D

In addition to this fear...

Several people think a plea agreement is possible in the future. If you were KC (hard to imagine, I know) and you did dispose of your daughter's body, wouldn't you want to know if it was still "findable" BEFORE you made a plea decision?

Would you desperately be working JB to get unsupervised private time so you could then work to find some way to get close enough so you could check to see if body is still there, far enough away that JB and bail guy wouldn't see exactly where you're looking?

I think she's desperate to look at the "spot" and that she thinks she's smart enough to pull it off if she can just get "private time."

When JB filed this motion of wanting her to be able to search "points of interest", I've thought all along that she wanted to get within the area where she left Caylee......especially since the news about Tim M. returning to Orlando came out. Add that with the news of the GJ convening next week and the charges they're going to go for...yeah she's gotten squirrelly. She knows exactly what happened to Caylee and where she left here....but she just needs to make sure she's still there.

I wonder if we can write letters to the judge about this and if he would take any of it into consideration.

Isn't Monday Columbus Day? They'll be in session then?

Yep...the courthouse is open on Monday

I'm going to go throw up now. BRB:eek:

Telling the TRUTH is the first step, sheesh.

ITA. I was not aware that "not fair" is a legal term. He is NOT entitled to discovery for a charge for which his client has not been indicted. As for allowing Casey loose to search, I predict she'll wind up in Puerto Rico on that longed-for vacation.

I am still reeling from the allowing her to spend over 6 hours a day with her attorney. It's definitely NOT to discuss the case.

Didn't KC realize that if she felt "confined":behindbar in life by Caylee that in DEATH her "confinement" would be even TENFOLD:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar!! Does she even know of the word IRONY!!:bang:

I was just going to comment on your signature...
Caylee named her favorite doll mama? That is just so pitiful. She loved her mama, no matter if she is a lying "B". Which makes this case so much sadder. How in the world could a mother kill her own child?
I read (either here at WS or on NG) that Caylee referred to CINDY as Mama....which was an item of contention between her and KC....which is even sadder....if true...

But if she did not harm her child as the defense claims, WHY wouldn't she share that info with LE? IMHO she WOULD if she was trying to locate an Alive Caylee, she WOULDN'T if she was trying to see if there was evidence to a crime still left in a certain area. FWIW, I think that she just wants to get out of the Anthony house and JB's office, I don't think she wants to HELP do anything. Once again, I think it's ALL ABOUT Casey. (my opinion only)

She wouldn't if she was afraid to. I still think that if Caylee is alive, there is some very deep illegal activity involved with her disappearance. I'm still on the fence about whether Caylee is alive or dead.

I agree with you.
The only thing that she was ever afraid of was Cindy and going to jail.....she never feared for her life due to any danger to her or Caylee. She is a lying sociopath. That excuse always drives me nuts! Afraid of who? The imaginary fake nanny that you "dropped" her off with at the imaginary apartment at Sawgrass?

Please.

Maybe she's afraid of needles. :)

Could someone please paraphrase what the judge said about KC tampering w/evidence? I missed that part.

I don't know if this has been posted yet or not..

Shortly after the hearing ended, the Anthony family released the following statement: "Judge Strickland's decision today to grant access to all of the tips regarding Caylee's sightings is a victory for Caylee Marie. This is the first step in bringing Caylee home safely."

Considering that the State confirmed that most of those tips came from Cindy to begin with, all I can say is; WERE THEY ACTUALLY WAITING ON PERMISSION? Yeah, OK, if my child or grandchild were "missing" and I did not feel that LE was following up and the tips were coming to me...well, need I say more? What is their PI doing then? Going to fetch the picture of Casey, Caylee and ZG at a park? By the way, has ANYONE seen or heard anymore about the pic?

Welcome ROBLYN! From Michigan here too... Was a guest too from August on & have found this site for forums the best ever!! Very smart thinkers here..
:Welcome-12-june:

I agree JB is an IDIOT & what do they do everyday 10-4 in the office...talk about the weather? I think the state & FBI have so much more info that has not been released....I really do hope & pray Tim finds Caylee she deserves a proper burial....not laying who knows where. At least I have the comfort that she is with her angels being she is an angel herself! :angel:

WS's are very a caring hard working group...Thanks to all the mods, muzikman, & more members than I can mention for all your dedication to keeping this forum based on the facts, theories, etc. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

I plan to continue being an active member long after this case! I'm disabled & if I can help just one person r add a piece of a puzzle to get to an answer it makes my worst days better... Sorry a little off subject but I really wanted to thank all WS members for all they do & I hope to help out where ever I can...Timelines, Cell Pings, r whatever..I just got a new PC so I hope to help where ever it is needed. Please PM if there is anything I can assist with!
:clap::clap::gomods::pcguru::newbie::eek:nline::clap::clap::clap::clap::grouphug:

Welcome Robin! Went to school in So. MI. :)

Bold by me..I just do not believe that girl is afraid. If she was that fearful, why go shopping to Target by herself? Banking by herself? Out clubbing by herself? She may not trust local LE because of her relationships but what about the FBI? Her father is an exLE he would have been the first person to go to if Caylee had been kidnapped and threats were made to her and her family, her Father had the expertise, KC knew this. No she was not and is not in fear. Just another lie. IMHO.

It could very well be a lie. But then again, maybe that part is true. This is one of the most bizarre cases I have ever known of so nothing would suprise me.

:clap::clap::clap:
SNIPPED: "... the judge was kind to him on some levels...but also made it clear it's time for him to get to work. That's not a compliment.:rolleyes:

I cringe any time I hear a judge tell an attorney they need to go do their homework/legwork. Whether or not the public understands that this was not complimentary, the rest of the legal world sure as heck does and, more importantly to how this makes JB look, in that he is LOCAL counsel and will, presumably, reappear before Judge S, who now has an impression of JB based upon his performance today. NOT what you want as a trial lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member