watching the trial on an android phone? post your solutions here:

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not sure the issue is Ustream...it might be with AZFamily and *how* they are streaming their broadcast to Ustream for Android. If Ustream changed their software code and AZFamily hasn't updated something on their end, this could be what is causing an issue. The reason I say this is because other live stream broadcasts (not AZFamily) on Ustream do work just fine. So it's something about AZFamily stream specifically that isn't working for droid users.

In other words... make sure to alert AZFamily.com that their Ustream broadcast for Android users isn't working.

I think it is with AZFamily. When I couldn't get the trial, I tried other channels. The owl livecam worked fine.

I think it is with AZFamily. When I couldn't get the trial, I tried other channels. The owl livecam worked fine.

I thought one of the messages I seen was we are sorry we are no longer carry mobile live stream.

That was on the AZfamily. US stream.

I thought it was my phone! I was watching Azfamily on Ustream til yesterday. I put wildabouttrial app on but it freezes up on me. How do you get the chrome browser..is it in the playstore?

I'm actually not sure, chrome came with my phone....

Sent from my LG Spirit using Tapatalk 2

What about Sirius/XM radio? Is there a channel that streams audio of the trial? That would probably work better for me, because I'm more interested in listening than in watching.

I don't have Sirius/XM anymore but I have seen other posters saying they listen to it on there on their way home. I think it is a radio feed of HLN though because they were complaining about all the commercials.

I really miss Ustream and Wild About Trial. I side-loaded Adobe Flash awhile ago so I was able to use most of my browsers but buffering and other unstable behavior abound. From reading some comments on Google Play it sounds like Ustream has been having problems with quite a few live streaming sites. Whatever they did probably fixed some and broke others.

Maybe the tech people at AZFamily will get involved and get us linked back up. It sounds good that there are members who are able to contact them - good going! :rocker:

I never used Wild About Trial for streaming but I don't think it was a coincidence that it stopped working the same time as Ustream. Since trials are their business I hope they figure out what is going on, upgrade their app and we can stream from them soon.

My juror duties are compromised when people throw technology roadblocks in my way. :banghead: I feel like the juror whose headset stopped working during the jury questions and he couldn't hear. Also, I was always saying Ustream was the best way to watch the trial on Android, so I feel responsible.

Eta: Look autocorrect, stop typing Hayden when I type. Ustream. I don't even know a Hayden.

I thought it was my phone! I was watching Azfamily on Ustream til yesterday. I put wildabouttrial app on but it freezes up on me. How do you get the chrome browser..is it in the playstore?
It is in the play store.

O/T The doll in my icon's dead eyed stare is starting to creep me out. Is it me or does it remind anybody else of JA's dead eyed look? I may have to find another icon.

No, UStream isn't working on gingerbread either... but, someone mentioned "Skyfire" app and UStream does work on that browser! That's how I watched it this afternoon.

It's free just download from Google Play and install. Then, use that browser to bring up the UStream site and search for "azfamily" and watch it that way.

Skyfire is now called photon browser. I tried that yesterday. Did not work. Also what do you mean by the Ustream site as that is a downloaded app? Anre you saying within browser, go to ustream.tv.com as otherwise ustream is just an android application to download, not a site. I am confused! TIA

Also, I did go to the ustream tv website and submitted a request for help! Perhaps they have or will received more than one inquiry on this, wink wink!

Skyfire is now called photon browser. I tried that yesterday. Did not work. Also what do you mean by the Ustream site as that is a downloaded app? Anre you saying within browser, go to ustream.tv.com as otherwise ustream is just an android application to download, not a site. I am confused! TIA

Also, I did go to the ustream tv website and submitted a request for help! Perhaps they have or will received more than one inquiry on this, wink wink!

I went to google play and searched skyfire, then downloaded and installed the browser. Using the browser, I went to UStream site and searched for azfamily. When they are showing live, go to their screen, start show and then click the maximize button so that it fills the screen.

The UStream app doesn't work, so don't even look at it... maybe someday they'll fix their issue.

I was able to watch the trial yesterday using the Photon browser. I used the Photon browser to go to www.kpho.com and watched the trial there. One of the other sites I tried (AZfamily?) also worked but I couldn't get the volume loud enough to hear. Photon browser is difficult to use, but I could get it to work.

I just tried playing AZFamily on Ustream and was able to get the stream! Now, I don't want to prematurely say this will work when the trial starts up today, but it just might. I'll report back.

I have Samsung GS3 - Ustream quit for me a week or so ago after they did their update. I downloaded Adobe Flash for Android (didn't even know what OS I had but just downloaded the first one I came to...how's that for tech savy) and it now lets me stream from Wildabouttrial.com when I am on Wifi and when I am not. I don't even try with the mobile app from WAT because IIRC somewhere on their landing page it says the mobile app is not working at this time. So far this has been the only solution for me.

ETA: oops just read ^ Gauntlet's post about WAT mobile app working. I will try it when I get to work. That's where I seem to do my best critical thinking about how to stream this trial....while I work. :floorlaugh:

I have a Razr, android phone. I use kbpo (?). It is the first link given in the suggested media links which is included on the first page of the daily discussion page. Works well for me..very little buffering.

Yesterday I was able to successfuly get USTREAM to work on my Galaxy Nexus phone. I searched for "AZfamily" and upon clicking on the link the stream DID work. I ended up listening to the trial on my computer through some comfier headphones, but I can confirm that Ustream *did* work yesterday!

I just tested UStream app on my Samsung Exhilarate and it works on my phone again!

I just tested UStream app on my Samsung Exhilarate and it works on my phone again!

I am so happy I am dancing! U stream works again! and it is faster than ever! I can now do streaming on my phone again! :D thank you for everyone who gave us ideas on work around during that one week we could not stream.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Okay I got the trial to stream on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus using:

1. Manually load/install Adobe Flash player apk, which I had to search to find, download, and install on my phone. Note: Android users won't see it available through Google Play. You have to download it separately. I got mine HERE.

2. SkyFire Browser (free, and available in Google Play)

With the successful installation of Adobe Flash 11.x player I am now able to access the trial stream on azfamily.com.

:)

BBM - this is great advice. I side-loaded flash on my android tablet running Jelly Bean 4.1.2. There is so much more content available and when you run into problems with certain sites, many more options are open to you. I use the stock browser or Firefox. Chrome does not support flash on their mobile browser.

Would anyone have a recommendation for live trial streaming on a kindle fire? New user and not very savvy as yet! Thanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back