Wayne Millard: Dellen Millard Charged With Murder In The First Degree #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, it's not, but it outlines the scale of the embarrassment Regional officials might feel. You have to wonder if Millardair was facing any consequences as a result. Millions of taxpayer dollars...

As far as CW might or might not have found in the hangar...it's a really big hangar. He just might not have seen it all (or up close enough).

A hangar is usually a large open space for big things like planes. I don't think there are too many cubby holes for stashing and hiding little things, like cars but that JMO

You would think the 'region' might have researched a little better and found out why this particular MRO was without business yet Montreal and Windsor New York corridor was/is doing quite well. Strange that they put money in without realizing, as per AS, that big business was not occurring. I will be interested in seeing what happens with Breslau airport in the future. I wonder if the other MRO's are trying to buy in? just wondering.

Wow, sounds like Windsor is doing pretty good. I hadn't checked since last year when it was empty too. Now they're waiting in line.

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/news/premier-aviation-lands-biggest-jet-yet

Wow, sounds like Windsor is doing pretty good. I hadn't checked since last year when it was empty too. Now they're waiting in line.

Its amazing isn't it, and you would think that someone so in with the aviation crowd as AS would have had access to some of these people and prospective clients, wouldn't you? Especially with AS being American and Rome NY airport being so busy too, it's hard to believe that Waterloo Airport couldn't get clients. I can see why DM/WM would have been challenging AS who presumably came with good references and probably highly recommended. Make me wonder who actually did the referring and recommending, JMO. But I doubt anyone would deliberately want to sabotage an MRO especially with so much money been put into it, so I doubt that was the case.

No doubt. But thinking big doesn't necessarily make things happen. If the airport is needing a subsidy of $6 million a year, I'm sure they hoped the planes would come. Unfortunately, they seem to be going elsewhere, most of them out of the country if I remember correctly.

5 or 10 years ago politicos were making guesses as to where Toronto's spillover would go: into the Waterloo Region, or the Hamilton area. I read a report somewhere that made wild projections of growth for the Waterloo area (at the same time that Blackberry's star was falling). This is what was happening with Blackberry in 2011, when the hangar started:

chart-of-the-day-blackberry-market-share-june-2011.jpg

Now the most powerful person to put a jet down at Waterloo International is Justin Bieber:
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/investigations/exclusive-inside-story-biebers-pot-plane-n22056
I hear security at Waterloo International is really tight? ;)

Kind of makes the $5.4 million small potatoes, doesn't it? And only part of the $5.4 million was for MillardAir. The rest was for repairing the taxiway and improving the runway that the airport needed.

http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/3244013-public-cash-supported-failed-hangar-plan/

Well I think that it was money well spent: the Biebs shouldn't suffer because he's made Canada famous. Imagine if he had to transfer off his Gulfstream IV onto some dinky little thing like the kinds of planes Millardair flew, just to visit home. ;)

Remember that Premier was an established MRO company that opened a new location. Millardair was a newcomer to the field.

I am sure the Region is happy to have the upgrades and the hangar.

5 or 10 years ago politicos were making guesses as to where Toronto's spillover would go: into the Waterloo Region, or the Hamilton area. I read a report somewhere that made wild projections of growth for the Waterloo area (at the same time that Blackberry's star was falling).

Well I think that it was money well spent: the Biebs shouldn't suffer because he's made Canada famous. Imagine if he had to transfer off his Gulfstream IV onto some dinky little thing like the kinds of planes Millardair flew, just to visit home. ;)

Which kinds of dinky planes did MillardAir fly, if you don't mind me asking?

Remember that Premier was an established MRO company that opened a new location. Millardair was a newcomer to the field.

Are you sure it was established? I think I read that it was fairly new when it launched its MRO in Quebec? Do you have any links that say it was well established as an MRO company? TIA

Which kinds of dinky planes did MillardAir fly, if you don't mind me asking?

http://www.planespotters.net/Aviation_Photos/search.php?tag=Millardair

Imagine Bieber's Gulfstream IV parked next to one of those tinker toys...

Are you sure it was established? I think I read that it was fairly new when it launched its MRO in Quebec? Do you have any links that say it was well established as an MRO company? TIA

Premier had a decade of operations on Millardair

Premier Aviation commenced operations in 2002

http://www.premieraviation.ca/history.php

http://www.planespotters.net/Aviation_Photos/search.php?tag=Millardair

Imagine Bieber's Gulfstream IV parked next to one of those tinker toys...

Premier had a decade of operations on Millardair

A decade of what actually? MRO? or simply being in the industry as something?

Hasn't MillardAir been in aviation for many decades?

As far as MRO facilities go , wouldn't the planes that go there be from major airline companies, or military fleets judging by what I have read? I don't think Premier aviation has high end expensive planes of it's own, does it? just wondering

Oh come on, 51,515 sq ft, that's over an acre and the size of a Walmart.

Sometimes I don't know when you're being sarcastic. That's smaller than a football field and I'm pretty sure I would be able to see a car parked on a football field, even if there were some small planes parked on it as well.

JMO

Its amazing isn't it, and you would think that someone so in with the aviation crowd as AS would have had access to some of these people and prospective clients, wouldn't you? Especially with AS being American and Rome NY airport being so busy too, it's hard to believe that Waterloo Airport couldn't get clients. I can see why DM/WM would have been challenging AS who presumably came with good references and probably highly recommended. Make me wonder who actually did the referring and recommending, JMO. But I doubt anyone would deliberately want to sabotage an MRO especially with so much money been put into it, so I doubt that was the case.

Especially with WM relying on some of his contacts in Air Canada too.

JMO

5 or 10 years ago politicos were making guesses as to where Toronto's spillover would go: into the Waterloo Region, or the Hamilton area. I read a report somewhere that made wild projections of growth for the Waterloo area (at the same time that Blackberry's star was falling). This is what was happening with Blackberry in 2011, when the hangar started:

View attachment 65142

Now the most powerful person to put a jet down at Waterloo International is Justin Bieber:
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/investigations/exclusive-inside-story-biebers-pot-plane-n22056
I hear security at Waterloo International is really tight? ;)

But does anyone really want the Biebs to visit home? (Other than his parents, I guess.) ;)

A decade of what actually? MRO? or simply being in the industry as something?

Hasn't MillardAir been in aviation for many decades?

As far as MRO facilities go , wouldn't the planes that go there be from major airline companies, or military fleets judging by what I have read? I don't think Premier aviation has high end expensive planes of it's own, does it? just wondering

Premier had 10 years in the MRO business before their expansion into Quebec and Windsor.

Premier Aviation YRQ celebrates 10 years in MRO
The 10th Anniversary Open House held for friends and family of employees on Sunday October 28th, was a terrific success. The event was well attended by 304 people. The smiling faces of employees and their families as they toured through the facility accurately reflects the pride we all feel in being part of the Premier Aviation family. Ten years in MRO is definitely an accomplishment!

http://www.premieraviation.ca/news.php

Windsor opening:

*All*Premier*locations*are*geo‐politically*advantageous,*situated*within*1*
hour*of*eight*(8)*of*the*largest*airports*in*North*America*and*with*an*abundance*of*
skilled*labor.*With*the*signing*of*this*agreement,*Premier*Aviation*is*projected*to*be*
one*of*the*few*independent,*and*the*only*international*heavy*maintenance*supplier*
in*the*province*of*Ontario.

http://www.premieraviation.ca/ress/contents/PressReleaseWindsor2011_EN.pdf

But does anyone really want the Biebs to visit home? (Other than his parents, I guess.) ;)

We need to rename WRIA to Justin Bieber International Airport and put this city on the map

It's amazing how much trouble singer JB got into once he started hanging around his dad JB. JB's dad is a bit of a partier. It's all a coincidence, no doubt. Wow, amazing how you can get that much pot on a plane and across the border starting out from Waterloo. Kinda gives you a different perspective on the airport. When JB showed up with SG there was nothing stopping the paps at all. It's as if there is no security at all.

Makes me think of CM, who to me was like an entrepreneurial bush pilot/cowboy who found success with with a wee airline, shrewd real estate investments, and later a parts business. He didn't like rules it seems, and WRIA doesn't seem to have a lot of them.

Sometimes I don't know when you're being sarcastic. That's smaller than a football field and I'm pretty sure I would be able to see a car parked on a football field, even if there were some small planes parked on it as well.

JMO

Well I said Walmart, not Walmart Supercentre ;)

If AS couldn't sell the MRO's services to anyone, then DM and WM should have cut him loose and hired someone else. I think there was someone else repping the MRO as well, later? The thing is, when do you decide that your sales guy has had enough time? That would depend on your financial picture.

If AS couldn't sell the MRO's services to anyone, then DM and WM should have cut him loose and hired someone else. I think there was someone else repping the MRO as well, later? The thing is, when do you decide that your sales guy has had enough time? That would depend on your financial picture.

Not necessarily, it may depend on who was advising them. It would depend on what that sales guy is saying is the circumstance, maybe they placed too much faith in the guy, well forget the maybe, they obviously did. Who was repping the MRO later? link please. I would also like to know who stands to benefit from Waterloo Airport in the event it becomes a property that can be acquired? any suggestions?

We need to rename WRIA to Justin Bieber International Airport and put this city on the map

It's amazing how much trouble singer JB got into once he started hanging around his dad JB. JB's dad is a bit of a partier. It's all a coincidence, no doubt. Wow, amazing how you can get that much pot on a plane and across the border starting out from Waterloo. Kinda gives you a different perspective on the airport. When JB showed up with SG there was nothing stopping the paps at all. It's as if there is no security at all.

Makes me think of CM, who to me was like an entrepreneurial bush pilot/cowboy who found success with with a wee airline, shrewd real estate investments, and later a parts business. He didn't like rules it seems, and WRIA doesn't seem to have a lot of them.

You know what? I think the whole 3 generations didn't like the rules. They lived for what they believed in - and I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. But it can also totally discredit any who think that DM was the bad boy who went against the grain by not wanting what his father planned for him. Both father and grandfather followed their heart. DM was still young and who knows what the future may have held. Depending on the size of the silver spoon, you don't really need to be in a hurry deciding what you want to do with the rest of your life.

JMO

I actually agree with this. They should have cut him loose long before closing the doors. But I also think that the biggest problem was that Premier was already way ahead of them.

JMO

You know what? I think the whole 3 generations didn't like the rules. They lived for what they believed in - and I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. But it can also totally discredit any who think that DM was the bad boy who went against the grain by not wanting what his father planned for him. Both father and grandfather followed their heart. DM was still young and who knows what the future may have held. Depending on the size of the silver spoon, you don't really need to be in a hurry deciding what you want to do with the rest of your life.

JMO

I think that's well said. But consider:

CM had bush pilot type adventures
WM became a commercial pilot and activist
DM was going to have his own bureaucracy

Think about it, if DM was not hands-on with plane parts, then what kind of role would he play in the MRO? 100% dealing with regulations in a highly regulated industry (dealing with planes of a type not in the Millardair fleet)?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back