Wayne Millard: Dellen Millard Charged With Murder In The First Degree #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He was eyewitness to the mohawk and DM's work ethic...suuure he can judge.

Meaning DMs work ethic of asking him why he AS wasn't meeting requirements insofar as bringing in clients I suppose. DM was confronting him and AS didnt like that. JMO

The mohawk, I believe that was a short lived hair do. We have no proof that DM sported that at the meeting. I once saw my doctor out wearing purple shorts with black socks and brown sandals. His top was bright yellow. I have never viewed this as any reflection on his ability as a doctor. I am not sure why the mohawk raises concerns. Maybe it comes down to personal prejudice. JMO

There was NO evidence in the case of GPM. It wasn't a big shocker that DNA exonerated him. It's not even close to comparison of the evidence in THIS case. And that's from the evidence that we actually know. JMO

There were enough witnesses who obviously were not credible. That is my point !
If it was not a big shocker then why was this poor man in jail for so long - no justice there.

There were enough witnesses who obviously were not credible. That is my point !
If it was not a big shocker then why was this poor man in jail for so long - no justice there.

There is major evidence against DM without the need of any witness testimony. As for GPM, DNA testing wasn't available yet to exonerate him. I have a feeling that DNA evidence will help nail DM though. JMO

There is major evidence against DM without the need of any witness testimony. As for GPM, DNA testing wasn't available yet to exonerate him. I have a feeling that DNA evidence will help nail DM though. JMO

We will have to agree to disagree. I havent seen anything except circumstantial evidence so far. MOO

Some said he was a normal kid.
I dont think AS is in a good position to judge either. JMO

Exactly. Some of the neighbours said DM was normal. Some said he was trouble. AS said he was a spoilt brat.

For some reason, the only evidence you believe is that which confirms your opinion. That kind of thinking -- placing absolute faith in one's gut reactions as opposed to looking at actual evidence or the lack thereof-- is a big part of what got Morin convicted.

We will have to agree to disagree. I havent seen anything except circumstantial evidence so far. MOO

Books, movies, and television often perpetuate the belief that circumstantial evidence may not be used to convict a criminal of a crime. But this view is incorrect. In many cases, circumstantial evidence is the only evidence linking an accused to a crime; direct evidence may simply not exist. As a result, the jury may have only circumstantial evidence to consider in determining whether to convict or acquit a person charged with a crime. In fact, the U.S. Supreme Court has stated that "circumstantial evidence is intrinsically no different from testimonial [direct] evidence"(Holland v. United States, 348 U.S. 121, 75 S. Ct. 127, 99 L. Ed. 150 [1954]). Thus, the distinction between direct and circumstantial evidence has little practical effect in the presentation or admissibility of evidence in trials.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Circumstantial+Evidence

Forget that, if drug suppliers started giving out drugs to their customers, we'd all be hooked on drugs pretty quick.

Maybe DM did, LB was asking...

Wouldn't it defeat the purpose if the dealers gave their drugs out free to their customers, then also bought them jet skis and parties and trips? Maybe LB just knew that DM would be able to get them from his suppliers for her.

Depending on the circumstantial evidence and whether it is countered. Still not guaranteed to convict.

No one has said it is guaranteed to convict, but let's try a pre-trial thought experiment.

In the face of the very compelling circumstantial evidence we know about so far, do you agree that the DM defence team will have to:

1. Provide an explanation for why Tim Bosma's burned remains were found on DM's farm
  2. Provide an explanation for why Tim Bosma's truck was found at DM's mother's house
  3. Provide an explanation for why DM had a livestock incinerator on a farm with no livestock
  4. Provide an explanation for what happened on the test drive with Tim Bosma

And yes I know that the onus is on the prosecution to prove guilt. The point is that if DM can't answer these questions and provide a cohesive competing narrative, it's highly likely that the prosecution will succeed in proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

It's a universal social pastime for only about 10% of the population http://hc-sc.gc.ca/hc-ps/drugs-drogues/stat/_2012/summary-sommaire-eng.php

If you hang around the 90% it might seem no one does drugs, and if you hang around the 10% if might seem as if everyone does.

Actually, it's about 11% on the latest statistics, and that's if you count all age groups, and even then it's higher in males. When you look at the younger ages, it's much higher - youths aged 15 to 19 is 23% and young adults aged 20 to 24 is 27%.

http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/science-research-sciences-recherches/data-donnees/ctads-ectad/summary-sommaire-2013-eng.php

Back in the day,suicide used to carry a stigma. People didn't like to talk about it. I think MB would be from that era as is my own mother. It was not unusual for people to cover up for a suicide so that it did not reflect badly on the one who committed it.
Do we know who the source is for the mentioning of a WM fiance, I seem to think it was AS.

Without anything credible to go on it may well be just rumour. IMO

I don't think it's so much the stigma. I think it's more that it's emotionally such a personal and private situation. That's why you rarely hear any more about it in MSM when it's determined that a death was suicide. It is respect for that person's privacy and their family's privacy.

JMO

Actually, it's about 11% on the latest statistics, and that's if you count all age groups, and even then it's higher in males. When you look at the younger ages, it's much higher - youths aged 15 to 19 is 23% and young adults aged 20 to 24 is 27%.

http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/science-research-sciences-recherches/data-donnees/ctads-ectad/summary-sommaire-2013-eng.php

And in adults, the age bracket DM falls under, it's 8%

ETA, this is probably the most relevant passage: DM was part of the 1% club

Other Illicit Drug Use

In 2013, past-year use of the most commonly reported illicit drugs after cannabis was estimated to be less than 1% for each (cocaine or crack (0.9% or 259,000), hallucinogens (0.6% or 163,000), ecstasy (0.4% or 111,000), speed/methamphetamine (0.2% or 48,000)). Past-year use of heroin is not reportable. There were no changes in prevalence of use of any of these drugs individually, between 2013 and 2012.

Past-year use of each of the following illicit drugs for males was at least double that of females (cocaine or crack (1.3% for males versus 0.5% for females), hallucinogens (0.9% for males versus 0.3% for females), ecstasy (0.6% for males versus 0.1% for females), speed/methamphetamine (0.2% for males versus 0.1% for females)).

No one has said it is guaranteed to convict, but let's try a pre-trial thought experiment.

In the face of the very compelling circumstantial evidence we know about so far, do you agree that the DM defence team will have to:

1. Provide an explanation for why Tim Bosma's burned remains were found on DM's farm
  2. Provide an explanation for why Tim Bosma's truck was found at DM's mother's house
  3. Provide an explanation for why DM had a livestock incinerator on a farm with no livestock
  4. Provide an explanation for what happened on the test drive with Tim Bosma

And yes I know that the onus is on the prosecution to prove guilt. The point is that if DM can't answer these questions and provide a cohesive competing narrative, it's highly likely that the prosecution will succeed in proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

I dont subject myself to thought experiments. I like to get facts. I like to work with facts. I dont subject myself to experiments by people who are not qualified to interpret such thought experiments. HTH

I don't think it's so much the stigma. I think it's more that it's emotionally such a personal and private situation. That's why you rarely hear any more about it in MSM when it's determined that a death was suicide. It is respect for that person's privacy and their family's privacy.

JMO

Not so much now does it carry a stigma but to older people it still does imo. I agree its a very personal and private matter.

I prefer to find people who lived next door to him for years more credible than someone employed to find business and yet did not apparently manage to come up with any. AS was not productive so there is a chance he has cause to gripe when a young guy calls him out on his lack of business ventures for MA. JMO ...
<rsbm>

While such people may be 'credible' in their belief, their belief may be wrong (a la Russ Williams ... fooled not only his neighbours and the Canadian forces, but also his wife of many years)

Do we know who the source is for the mentioning of a WM fiance, I seem to think it was AS.
<rsbm>

Wasn't AS .. it was "police sources".

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

Police sources also told Toronto’s CityNews that Wayne had announced shortly before his death that he was in love and engaged to be married. While Mr. Sharif said he knew nothing about his client’s romantic life, he acknowledged he was feeling business pressures and “had heard rumblings that … Wayne was drinking again.”

I imagine that if drug suppliers started giving out jet skis to their customers, we'd all be hooked on drugs pretty quick.

DM offered free jet skis as an incentive to his buddies for selling drugs? Reach a certain quota and you get a jet ski...YAY! ;) First level, steak dinner at a fine restaurant with DM picking up the tab, second level, a hot gun, third level, a jet ski, fourth level, a trip, fifth level, a chop shop vehicle and Top Dog you get to help murder someone. But in all seriousness a won't be surprised if DM and MS were suppliers along with users. MOO.

When LE searched MS's mother's house, I wonder how many guns they found? Legal or illegal. MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710
Back