Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
and they were into drug trafficking and drug importing Opinion | Guns, drugs and murder: What the Laura Babcock jury wasn't told[/QUOTE
There has been no evidence to support that either of the two murders DM and MS have been convicted of were either directly or indirectly related to drug trafficking/importing. My position is this was just part and parcel of what started out as petty crimes and morphed into increasingly reckless "missions" and ultimately to the fully premeditated murders of either 2 or 3 people.

Interesting that in DM's statement, when he says what time he 'went back' to 'the house' on Nov 29th (6-6:30pm), and noticed his dad "seemed to *still* be asleep in bed, which was odd, because it was late in the 'afternoon'".

Firstly, if one had attended a business meeting on the day BEFORE this, some 30 hours previously, would one say 'he went back to the house'? Or would one say, 'he went to the house'? ie if one goes somewhere twice within a short span of time, one would be considered to 'go back', however if one goes there one day, and then not again until the next day at an even later time of day, like say perhaps to work, that would not be considered going 'back' to the place.?? moo.

Secondly, why would he say his dad was 'still' asleep in bed? Wouldn't the normal thing to assume, if one had no knowledge of this event, be instead that his dad went for a nap? Who would automatically at first thought, assume that his dad had been asleep all day long?
Sorry to quote myself.
I had *assumed*, for some reason, that DM's business meeting involving WM and the last time he'd seen him, on Nov 28th around noon, had occurred at the Maplegate residence. When I looked back at AC's liveblog, I see that he did not specify the location. So my above comment about going 'back' to the house becomes even more relevant if that meeting happened instead at the hangar..... so when exactly had DM gone to the house BEFORE 6-6:30pm on Nov 30th, if he stated he had gone BACK to the house?? Ooops!!

Sorry, I am just making my way through the long version of DM's interview. I will catch up in a bit!
In the meantime, ..... I was wondering what perked DM's attention when yesterday in the courtroom it was mentioned by the detective that DM had not cried. I wondered at the time, if DM was having an ah-ha moment, wherein it registered that that would have been a normal emotion/reaction to what he was experiencing, and his realization that he missed that boat. But after seeing the first bit of this interview, I see that he managed to get in a sniffle when he elaborates to his mother on the phone that he is referring to his DAD being dead. So now it makes more sense that his little ears perked up in the courtroom, since to him, THAT was probably his big display of 'crying', and he wondered why it had been missed?

One of the things contributing to the weird vibe is how unnaturally still he is throughout the interview. There is very little use of gestures and he basically looks like a statue that occasionally swivels it's head. It manages to suggest a bit of arrogance, a bit of contempt and a whole lot of emotional flatness. I wonder if this is what a psychopath thinks shocked and sad is supposed to look like.

During DM's interview when the detective asks him where in Waterloo he had been on Nov 29th, DM says at the hangar, where there were 'all kinds of mechanics there' (who could provide proof that he was there), and that he'd moved a bunch of trailers around because they'd had to clean up the floor to make it more presentable. (Read as: I had to clean up all of the stolen equipment and parts because I knew police would likely come around to potentially search the place after my dad was found dead.) moo.

One of the things contributing to the weird vibe is how unnaturally still he is throughout the interview. There is very little use of gestures and he basically looks like a statue that occasionally swivels it's head. It manages to suggest a bit of arrogance, a bit of contempt and a whole lot of emotional flatness. I wonder if this is what a psychopath thinks shocked and sad is supposed to look like.

Yes that’s interesting. People in stressful situations tend to fidget, or shake their legs or shift in their seats. I can imagine being interviewed by police under oath after finding your father shot in the face would be a rather uncomfortable situation. He isn’t doing anything that people normally do when they are uncomfortable. He didn’t even undo his jacket. Shouldn’t he be stressed and hot? Omg, if I got interviewed by police after finding someone dead I would be a mess, even if it was a total stranger, never mind a family member.

Did anyone notice that at the beginning of the interview he got confused about what day it was? When he first thought the police were asking him to talk about Wednesday he had NOTHING to say. He said something like “oh I don’t remember what happened yesterday”. BUT he had every little detail to tell them about Thursday? I haven’t watched the whole full length video yet but it would be interesting if they went back and asked about Wednesday. It was obvious IMO that he hadn’t prepared anything to say about Wednesday. His script only started on Thursday.

We're not sure if DM got to the house while WM was still on the phone and just waited for him to go to bed. WM wouldn't have thought anything of DM coming in that late and on top of that Pedo was at Maple Gate, so I can't imagine DM going a day without checking in on him. Expecting the housekeeper to discover WM's body in the morning- that didn't happen and then when he didn't hear anything after her 5 o'clock visit, he must have gotten really concerned. Was WM's door open or closed? DM said he thought it was strange for his dad to be sleeping that "late in the afternoon"- how did he know he was sleeping- and according to DM he was very still and something didn't seem right? Yeh- sure buddy, it didn't seem right that the housekeeper had been there twice and hadn't discovered his body!

This part is what really stood out to me. Housekeeper comes twice a day - once around 9/10 am and then again around 5/6 pm. DM says when he arrived around 6/6:30 he "noticed" his dad still sleeping (on his way to his room, for a sweater, before fixing a snack). The only way he's noticing anything in his dad's room is if the door is open or he went in there. There's no way the door was open or the housekeeper would have discovered WM that very morning. I suppose much (if not all) of this will be cleared up when the housekeeper's statement is entered into evidence. As well as why she came back at 9:30. To do the dishes. Yeah, sure she did.

Not directed at you specifically Swedie but I'm wondering how he got the powder on WM's hand. I don't think it's likely but I'm wondering if he somehow held WM's hand to the gun as he pulled the trigger. Or is it simply a matter of rubbing some powder from the pillowcase or DM's own hand (gloved?) onto WM's hand?

I’m also find it interesting that NO useful prints were lifted from the gun.

But in one of the first articles I read the reporter said “crown said they lifted DM’s DNA off the handle of the gun” so either DM didn’t wear gloves, or he did and just smeared the GSR onto his dads hand. I don’t think it’d take much effort to get some particles transferred to WM’s hand. But at some point, DM DID handle the gun if in fact that article is correct and forensics found DM’s DNA.

To me that says “DM fired that gun” not sure how else DNA would get on it. I’m not an expert but if he just handled it, there’d be prints. If he fired it, the kick back of the shot would transfer DNA....maybe someone that know more can answer this?

So if that comes up, that blows up DM’s theory of “dad use to have guns but sold them. No guns in house”

He’s told so many different stories, I’m surprised only one cop so far seen red flags!!

JMO

This part is what really stood out to me. Housekeeper comes twice a day - once around 9/10 am and then again around 5/6 pm. DM says when he arrived around 6/6:30 he "noticed" his dad still sleeping (on his way to his room, for a sweater, before fixing a snack). The only way he's noticing anything in his dad's room is if the door is open or he went in there. There's no way the door was open or the housekeeper would have discovered WM that very morning. I suppose much (if not all) of this will be cleared up when the housekeeper's statement is entered into evidence. As well as why she came back at 9:30. To do the dishes. Yeah, sure she did.

I am just starting the video over again and when he talks about it being strange that his father was still in bed he says something along the lines that something seemed unusual about how still he was sleeping??? Has he never seen people sleep before? People are still when they sleep. Maybe if he was a loud snorer normally then it would seem odd if he wasn’t snoring. If I found my husband or dad in bed and they weren’t snoring I would definitely be checking on them, but if I found my mom or my brother in bed being still, I would just assume they were sleeping.

Also, wasn’t his father in bed a lot? I thought he was unwell and spent a lot of time in his room. If he is an alcoholic who stays up talking to his new girlfriend at all hours of the night and is taking pain killers then it wouldn’t surprise me if I found him in bed napping.

DM says WM would go through a 40 oz-er in two weeks?? And this was a raging alcoholic?? Not to diminish the problems that come with alcoholism which have nothing to do with amounts, but he also said that his dad only drank late at night - nothing in the day. So an old lonely guy living with his dysfunctional adult son wants to drink 3oz of whiskey at night and this is a problem? jmo

And what we know about DM and his Deranged mind, I wouldn’t doubt if he took his dad by surprise and held gun to him and made him go to bed, then shot him. I don’t put much past this sick minded freak!

JMO

Interesting that in DM's statement, when he says what time he 'went back' to 'the house' on Nov 29th (6-6:30pm), and noticed his dad "seemed to *still* be asleep in bed, which was odd, because it was late in the 'afternoon'".

Firstly, if one had attended a business meeting on the day BEFORE this, some 30 hours previously, would one say 'he went back to the house'? Or would one say, 'he went to the house'? ie if one goes somewhere twice within a short span of time, one would be considered to 'go back', however if one goes there one day, and then not again until the next day at an even later time of day, like say perhaps to work, that would not be considered going 'back' to the place.?? moo.

Secondly, why would he say his dad was 'still' asleep in bed? Wouldn't the normal thing to assume, if one had no knowledge of this event, be instead that his dad went for a nap? Who would automatically at first thought, assume that his dad had been asleep all day long?
Absolutely...it is just these examples of how he chooses his words that all lead up to the conclusion that he's lying. The tiny missteps...things that lie in his subconscious that pop out while telling his story.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members