Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy.....come on....this look so bad. Still, why would he sleep on the floor on his bud's place when he has his own room or could have slept over at his "date's" house?

Presumably he couldn't go home because he had murdered his father. And who knows...if he did actually have a date (which we don't actually know that he did), she could have been partnered up and hence he wouldn't have been able to stay there.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 6m6 minutes ago
Cameron is basically showing there are some sections in some of these statements, in which Meneses gives statements that are more consistent with her current answers. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
Meneses says that when she was talking about times, she was giving her "best estimate." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
Cameron now talking about the "black gun." She also asks, "were there any other guns?" Pillay objects. The witness is being sent out again. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Pillay says Cameron should have to put forward a previous statement about firing a black gun, if that exists. Meneses is now coming back in. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Cameron is now going back to a statement Meneses made in June 13, 2013. Meneses says in this statement there was a "black gun" with a "laser on it." She says she saw pictures of it. #Millard

Presumably he couldn't go home because he had murdered his father. And who knows...if he did actually have a date (which we don't actually know that he did), she could have been partnered up and hence he wouldn't have been able to stay there.
I think his behaviour that night was all about establishing an alibi: that he couldn't have been involved in his father's death because he was at Smich's house all that night, and he could prove it if police wanted to check. Smich's mother would say he'd arrived with his dog and never drove away, Marlena would lie to protect him from getting in trouble with CN.

Any police suspicions about the suicide wouldn't be investigated, because he had an alibi.

But can her testimony be relied on that he was not actually there that night, in spite of his truck, phone, CC. Hopefully they have some other evidence and not just hers, cause she's pretty confused about what happened when, over a period of months.

This witness is a disaster imo. Admitting to originally lying under oath because years later her recall is better, considering she also testified she was drunk or drugged that night, seriously goes against the credibility of everything she says imo.

I sure do hope there’s an articulate cab driver waiting in the wings to testify that he dropped DM off in the dark hours of the night near Maple Gate Court.

With reference to the “old school gun”, the cowboy/western looking wooden handled one found on the floor beside WMs bed, I might be slow but it suddenly occurred to me the term “old school” is sort of synonymous to old fashioned or antiquated. Is that right? Because at first I was stumped at the connection to schools and guns in this trial. It’s a phrase that I’ve not heard very often in recent years.

I know of two different people that I considered to be alcoholic who stopped drinking on their own.

The first was a relative in his 50s, a long time drinker whose wife threatened to divorce him if he did not stop drinking. So one day he just quit. He never drank again for the rest of his days. Lived to be about 80.

The second was another male - 40s and another long time drinker. That guy became sick with cancer, had to have surgeries and chemo, etc. He stopped all alcoholic intake when he became ill and never went back to it.

So it can be done. I think it takes a lot of will power. But for the guy who was sick, not too much will power seemed to be involved. He said it no longer tasted any good to him.

It can be done on occasion, as your examples show. And you’re correct in implying abstinence is more effective than moderation.

But generally speaking, “willpower” doesn’t cure alcoholism, because alcoholism isn’t caused by a character defect.

It’s a chronic disease with far too many contributing factors and causes to blame a character defect (lack of willpower). There are common misconceptions that 1) it’s curable and 2) alcoholics generally lack willpower, or that if they can muster enough of it, they’ll be fine.

Those misconceptions have repeatedly been proven wrong by medical and scientific study.

Alcoholism - Wikipedia

Last edited:
With reference to the “old school gun”, the cowboy/western looking wooden handled one found on the floor beside WMs bed, I might be slow but it suddenly occurred to me the term “old school” is sort of synonymous to old fashioned or antiquated. Is that right? Because at first I was stumped at the connection to schools and guns in this trial. It’s a phrase that I’ve not heard very often in recent years.

You've got it right. Depending on one's age, "old school" may refer to things from the 1990s, back to Biblical times. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
31Deeds