Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all very interesting. I think this witness will be able to hold his own once Pillay begins to cross and I would think Pillay really needs to try and discredit this witness. I wonder if the Defence will call their own witness to try and dispute all this information.

To me, this is big stuff - proving that WM could not have physically made the shot that killed him. Add to that the fact that DM lied and was in the area of Maple Gate at a time he claimed he was somewhere else, which just happens to be time that WM died.

Have we seen what was in the evidence given by the former Housekeeper?

Slowly but surely, it's all beginning to fall into place. MOO
Anybody that is telling the truth will always do just fine in cross examination. Unfortunately with witnesses like MM, CN, AM, SS, etc., Pilay has had a field day in these trials. Pilay will ALWAYS know when these people are lying, simply because his client will always tell him so.

Note** So where did the other 5 bullets go? Not like LE did any testing with the gun at the time. Haven't seen any evidence that they did when the investigation was reopened either. Or was he just not permitted to use any of them?

Remaining bullets would be kept in evidence in the event that there was any attempt to dispute that the bullet that killed WM actually came from that gun. It would be easy to match the offending bullet to the remainders, however this fact was never challenged.

What does he care? He's never getting out of the pen anyway.
Well I can't imagine I'd be apathetic about a 3rd guilty verdict in a murder trial. I mean, if I were in his shoes I'd be realizing right now that the expert is about to prove it was NOT suicide and the evidence has already been given that puts me at the house at the estimated time of death, after I'd already lied about where I was. So yeah, I'd be feeling pretty sick right now. But... that's just me.

Maybe DM doesn't care. Who knows.

Now what if you tried it with your head up using your right hand to lift you off the bed. Maybe the right arm ended up under his head because he had used it to lift himself up to get the gun in position and then fell on his hand after.
Exactly! And if someone walked into your room with a flashlight aimed at your face so you can't see what's going on, you might put your left arm out to shield your eyes when blammo. He would fall back as he was found.

I would like to see a video of what this expert said this morning. I tried to follow what he said but it did not make sense.

I can picture it , come on DM just confess.

LOL. I'm assuming you're joking about him confessing....he's about as likely to confess as CN is to volunteer for MSF when she's does her Polish med school training. Or as likely as MS to become a sensitivity trainer at Millhaven (or wherever we're paying for him to be fed and watered). Or as likely as MB to donate proceeds from WM's estate to a charity that supports victims of crime. Shall I go on?

The reconstructionist's findings suggest this scenario:

DM went to his father's bedside, standing perhaps closer to head of bed, w the gun in his L hand as DM's left handed.
DM extends his L arm with gun in L hand, presses gun right up against eye or puts gun very close to WM eye. Then fires.
But DM fires gun w gun oriented to the LEFT on a 45 degree angle. That would feel ok to DM's lefthandedness perhaps.
But if he wanted it to look like his father had fired the shot -- the gun should have been fired on a 45 degree angle to the RIGHT.
That's why the cylinder gap and top strap GSR patterns seem upside down to this expert.
45 degree angle to the Right would match more closely the deceased holding the gun and firing.
DM probably figured: My dad is left handed. His left arm is extended. The gun has dropped below this extended left arm. Et voila -- the "perfect crime".

The absence of GSR on the left hand -- fits WM never having fired the gun himself. But GSR on his Right hand? The one tucked under the pillow? Is that from how DM fired the gun? Or did DM "manipulate" the death scene to make it look more like a father sleeping scenario and then seized by money grief and woes -- did suddenly reach for gun and kill himself?
I don't think DM thinks that much.

Remaining bullets would be kept in evidence in the event that there was any attempt to dispute that the bullet that killed WM actually came from that gun. It would be easy to match the offending bullet to the remainders, however this fact was never challenged.
I wonder if the remaining ones were checked for prints?

Now what if you tried it with your head up using your right hand to lift you off the bed. Maybe the right arm ended up under his head because he had used it to lift himself up to get the gun in position and then fell on his hand after.

Or he used his right hand to lift himself up because something suddenly woke him from his sound sleeping position. Either way, might explain the GSR on the right hand.

I would like to see a video of what this expert said this morning. I tried to follow what he said but it did not make sense.
From what I gather he has been trying to shoot the gun in every conceivable position that WM could have been holding it, trying to match the soot marks on the pillow. I am assuming that he will try the same tests while standing over the pillow like DM would have, and we'll see a match in patterns.

I have read he will lose the inheritance.

Under the "Slayer Rule" that should be true. It would be interesting though how/if a court would now be able to reverse all transactions that have taken place. Had assets remained in his name a court could have (and IMO should have) frozen them at the time due to the appearance of the transfer to MB being conducted to avoid potential civil litigation. I guess they weren't proactive enough and could not freeze them once they were in her name. IMO however, they could have reversed that $1 sale and frozen them in his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste