WEBSLEUTHS WILL BE OFF LINE FOR A SOFTWARE UPDATE.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we lose the ability to add bullets to our posts? If not, please point the way. :confused:

We used to be able to see missing person's cases by the decade (1970s missing persons, 1980s missing persons, etc). Can we no longer do that or am I just not seeing how?

We used to be able to see missing person's cases by the decade (1970s missing persons, 1980s missing persons, etc). Can we no longer do that or am I just not seeing how?
You can see them in the Missing but not forgotten forum:

3rd request:
Please let me know about correcting this. I have to manually correct each post. I have been posting several times a day for 6 weeks.

Luna20

Well-Known Member​

JoinedJan 11, 2020Messages2,378Reaction score20,805
Jun 13, 2022
Since the latest software change I am experiencing continual issues.

Missing letters when I end a sentence-when I hit the period the last letter is removed. Like this ‘perio’ for period

Also extra letters self populate. Like ‘populaaaaaaa’ for populate.
And capitalizing in the middle of a word ‘forUm’ for ‘forum’

This is exclusive to the Websleuths forum. There are no issues on any of my devices. Please let me know what the problem is. I’m active on the forum and I’m currently posting daily.

Thank you for all you do for us!

Luna

3rd request:
Please let me know about correcting this. I have to manually correct each post. I have been posting several times a day for 6 weeks.

Luna20

Well-Known Member​

JoinedJan 11, 2020Messages2,378Reaction score20,805
Jun 13, 2022
Since the latest software change I am experiencing continual issues.

Missing letters when I end a sentence-when I hit the period the last letter is removed. Like this ‘perio’ for period

Also extra letters self populate. Like ‘populaaaaaaa’ for populate.
And capitalizing in the middle of a word ‘forUm’ for ‘forum’

This is exclusive to the Websleuths forum. There are no issues on any of my devices. Please let me know what the problem is. I’m active on the forum and I’m currently posting daily.

Thank you for all you do for us!

Luna

Alerting @WS Admin to this post in case you haven’t seen it. I’ve had the same exact thing happen, but it’s been well over a year ago. I use an iPad, and I’m not sure what @Luna20 uses. Needless to say, it made posting extremely difficult, not to mention annoying. Thanks so much!

That would probably be a javascript issue due to software on the user end.

@Luna20 mentions that it only happens on WS though, and that was my experience too. When the problem @Luna20 describes happened to me on my Ipad, I believe it resolved itself on it’s own without me messing with JavaScript, so I assumed it was a Websleuths issue that got resolved. But it’s worth investigating JavaScript.

In general, when my iPad has tweaky little issues, like suddenly refusing to copy/paste, shutting it down and restarting can often resolve the problem.

Thanks again, as always.

@Luna20 mentions that it only happens on WS though, and that was my experience too. When the problem @Luna20 describes happened to me on my Ipad, I believe it resolved itself on it’s own without me messing with JavaScript, so I assumed it was a Websleuths issue that got resolved. But it’s worth investigating JavaScript.

In general, when my iPad has tweaky little issues, like suddenly refusing to copy/paste, shutting it down and restarting can often resolve the problem.

Thanks again, as always.
I have seen this posted a few times and never knew quite how to reply to it... here goes. Website problems do NOT fix themselves. Maybe someday they will, I just hope I am retired at that time.

I view this website from a laptop pc computer (Windows 11, Mozilla browser). Sometimes, there is a horizontal ad that appears at the top of my screen. It takes up 1/3 of the top of my horizontal viewing space. I can't find a way to 'x' out of it. I also can't seem to detect any pattern as to when it appears. It just appears sporadically. It also never times out.

There is also an 1 inch horizontal ad at the bottom of my screen. It also blocks my viewing area. At least that that ad has an option to 'x' out of it.

When both ads are up it leaves me with about 1/3 of my former viewing screen.

Help!
ETA - Here is a current screenshot
1656383341283.png

Last edited:

Thanks again, as always.

Thank you @Lilibet !

An update:

Apple ran diagnostics on my 3 devices today, all passed clearly .

4 other members have let me know they are also having the wonky issues . One of them also received the same WS Error report that I sent to @CocoChanel yesterday .

Coco by the way has been very diligent in her efforts to assist me with this . She has gone above and beyond to help in detail .

Prior to going to Apple I tried everything - JavaScript , reset , closing all tabs , etc

I view this website from a laptop pc computer (Windows 11, Mozilla browser). Sometimes, there is a horizontal ad that appears at the top of my screen. It takes up 1/3 of the top of my horizontal viewing space. I can't find a way to 'x' out of it. I also can't seem to detect any pattern as to when it appears. It just appears sporadically. It also never times out.

There is also an 1 inch horizontal ad at the bottom of my screen. It also blocks my viewing area. At least that that ad has an option to 'x' out of it.

Help!
View attachment 351563
EXACTLY. All ads, barely any WS.
Mac laptop.

I have seen this posted a few times and never knew quite how to reply to it... here goes. Website problems do NOT fix themselves. Maybe someday they will, I just hope I am retired at that time.
As I said, the problem “resolved itself on its own without *me* messing with JavaScript” as you suggested @Luna20 do. In other words *I* didn’t do anything to make it stop and I “assumed it was a Websleuths issue that *got* resolved.” Obviously, it “got resolved” by *someone.* I apologize for my clumsy wording that made it sound as if you had nothing to do with it. :)

Help!
View attachment 351563
I have been having the same issue for a couple of days. The large ad at the top appears randomly and I couldn’t find a pattern either. Nor did I find a way to close it. I am using Safari on an Ipad.

This is what I see:
4993FF16-340C-4BAF-B19D-6DE9B7E8F380.png

ETA: today it happened more often than in the past, about 30-40% of the pages I opened had the large ad at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtKnee