weekend break: discuss the latest here #123

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading those few entries when the news broke that Travis was dead made my stomach turn; her cold and calculating cover-up. No real emotion whatsoever. I had tears by the time I finished reading those pages.

I think that many people will form the opinion that the 2008 journal was fabricated. It is difficult to separate the curiosity aspect from the trial aspect, and so I wonder how far JM can go with certain things. If the integrity of the journals is successfully challenged, the whole house of cards falls for the defense team.

So very true, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed Juan has been able to establish something on them. :bricks:

Nancy Grace obtained the 600 pages of Jodi's journal entries. Is there a place where we can find these entries or are they going to be released in snippets?

Good Morning all....glad to see everyone up, reading and typing!

Haven't read to the end...just responding to some stuff on the first page.

Is is possible that Juror #5 was referring to JM and associates and/or the judge and associates when saying "legal advisors"???

That was my thought anyway. I just hate to read these disparaging comments about someone we know NOTHING about and have actually never heard a word from her concerning this case!!!

Just pressing the thanks button was not enough. Excellent post. And completely expresses what I was feeling about ALV's approach to her cross right out of the gate.

She's not just an expert in domestic violence you know. She's an expert on how to be an expert witness in a courtroom. Her constant attempts at thinking ahead before answering as to where JM is going with his line of questioning was blatantly obvious. Same for RS and same for JA. She's done a lot of prep work with this entire defense team IMO.

If she totally believes everything she just rambled on about for the last 6 days of testimony then she has no reason to believe that JM is going to catch her in anything. Obviously she's got a bit of a problem with that.

MOO

What really jumped out at me was when she actually verbalized it and answered something to the effect of wanting to know where Juan was going with his questioning. The jury must have wondered about that response.

My take on the courtroom laughter was completely different. I didn't take those that laughed as ALV's followers at all. And, IMO those laughing weren't laughing at her obviously rehearsed and canned response(s) created in an "attempt" to throw JM off his game. It backfired BIG TIME. With only 30 minutes left for the court day, everyone in that courtroom was on the edge of their seats. JM was in rare form and sternly asking for "yes" or "no" answers. The tension of his cross had the public cheering inside as someone was FINALLY able to take down this fraud of an expert. They were hanging on every angry question by JM.... when ALV asked her "planned" question. The laughter (however inappropriate it was) IMO was in support of the prosecution...and was more like a "he!! yeah he's mad...he's mad that anyone would sit up there and lie for a murderer".

Not saying one is right or wrong. This is just my take, and I do like reading how others view interchanges like this :)

I agree - it sounded like (to me) the whole courtroom laughed. Not just a few JA supporters.

Nope, it was when ALV said, "Mr. Martinez, are you angry at me?"

My bad LOL I was likely projecting with my own hysterical laughter at the "Dwarf" convo. The look on her face and the tone literally had me in hysterics.

Can anyone direct me to the first day of ALV on the stand. I would like to review the questioning by defense as they review her credentials. Thanks.

I'm not sure you wanna go there.

Her CV was in anecdotal form and draaaggggeeeddd on forever. IMHO, it would be hard to get much from it.

Is there something specific that you are looking for?

If that link about ALV and her license is the one I think it is, her license was cancelled because it was dependent on her having a supervisor. And he, Charles Stockton had his revoked

ALV
http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/WLLQRYNA$LCEV2.QueryView?P_LICENSE_NUMBER=16213&P_LTE_ID=724

Charles Stockton
http://articles.latimes.com/1997-03-27/local/me-42770_1_long-beach-therapist

The DT brought up Samuels previous board problem. I am sure if this meant anything they would have done the same.

ALV is currently licensed here:

http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/WLLQRYNA$LCEV2.QueryView?P_LICENSE_NUMBER=29119&P_LTE_ID=720

http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/WLLQRYNA$LCEV2.QueryView?P_LICENSE_NUMBER=3521&P_LTE_ID=722

What I'd like to see on HLN's next After Dark segment:

BOLD ACCUSATION

Has Alyce LaViolette, by her own definition, abused, battered and terroristically stalked the person and reputation of the late Travis Alexander and his family?

We need to employ a recognized standard in order to complete our evaluation of the subject.

Let's measure Alyce LaViolette by her own metrics, shall we?

Common Aggression
  • Aberrant act -- ALV has done this before and will likely re-offend
  • Remorse -- ALV shows no remorse for what she's done to Travis
  • Does not cause fear, oppression or control -- ALV wants the jury to fear Travis, she wants to control his reputation
  • No injury -- ALV has murdered Travis's reputation and emotionally scarred his family
  • Comes from escalating arguments -- ALV's testiphoney escalated in its argumentiveness
  • Could happen in any family -- ALV will do this to anyone for money

High Conflict
  • Do not solve problems well -- ALV argues with and is non-responsive to authority figures
  • Anger is an issue in family -- ALV is easily angered over fairy tales
  • May-have remorse -- ALV may come to regret her support of a lying torture-murderess
  • May have sporadic physical aggression and/or destruction of property -- No evidence of this yet, unless you count ALV's gut-bump with Nurmi yesterday
  • Not emotionally abusive -- ALV is off-the-hook emotionally abusive to TA's family
  • No fear -- ALV does not seem to fear even her own bad judgment
  • Comes from escalating arguments -- ALV argues with authority figures and escalates same

Abuse
  • Sporadic physical aggression -- Again, we have only ALV's belly-bash with Nurmi yesterday
  • Name-calling, but not character assassination -- ALV has already assassinated Travis's character
  • Verbal abuse, but not psychological -- ALV is unable to psychologically abuse Travis, but has verbally abused him and his reputation
  • Development of apprehension -- Travis's family is apprehensive every time ALV opens her mouth
  • May be remorseful -- No, ALV still shows no signs of remorse
  • Threats of abandonment -- ALV interrupts important legal proceedings only to abandon them for a time
  • Aggression takes place without witnesses -- The jury did not witness yesterday's gut-bump

Battering
  • Monopolization of perception -- ALV grants JA a total monopoly of perception, Travis is allowed none
  • Generally more regular physical abuse, but may occur without physical -- Again, the torso-touché with Nurmi
  • Threats to victim's support system -- ALV lies about Travis directly to his family
  • Isolation -- ALV still lives in a make-believe, misandrous dungeon of her own making
  • Name-calling that attacks character -- ALV in spades
  • Threats to kill self or others -- Not that we know of, though she supports and defends JA's actions to kill others
  • Jealousy -- ALV appears to be jealous of the strength of the prosecutions case
  • Putting down friends and family -- Especially Travis's
  • Destruction of Property -- Still need to examine the witness chair
  • Self-Absorbed -- No question
  • Sexual abuse -- Selective, as ALV only abuses Travis's reputation with sexual references, not Jodi's
  • Change in victim's personality -- ALV's testiphoney causes Travis's family to grieve and become righteously indignant
  • More generally violent -- ALV is attacking common sense

Terrorism/Stalking
  • Monopolization of perception -- ALV grants JA a total monopoly of perception, Travis is allowed none
  • Insidious psychological abuse -- ALV is attempting to brainwash and hoodwink jury
  • Well-thought out threats to kill -- ALV defends JA's murderous actions
  • Torturing pets -- ALV supports and defends Doggy Boy's abuser
  • Extreme isolation -- ALV refuses to leave her make-believe, misandrous dungeon of her own making
  • Generally more regular physical abuse, but may occur without physical -- My ears can take little more abuse from ALV
  • Sexual humiliation and degradation -- ALV uses sexual language to humiliate and degrade only Travis, never the defendant

Measured by her own continuum, Alyce LaViolette has been weighed in the balance and is found wanting.

She is guilty of abusing, battering, and terroristically stalking the person and reputation of the late Travis Alexander and his family.

Vinnie Politan?

Where are you?

I'm not sure you wanna go there.

Her CV was in anecdotal form and draaaggggeeeddd on forever. IMHO, it would be hard to get much from it.

Is there something specific that you are looking for?

Yes there is. I want to hear her state what licenses she holds. Thanks

What bothers me about her being in court, is the HLN is showing her in the courtroom, two sepertste times now, her eyes are shirfted towards the jury... What IF Nurmi has someone watching her movements in court? What if a member of Jury is caught looking or smiling at her? I am afraif a mistrial is in order right shortly here... JMO.

BBM: I saw that ! And I saw her "mouthing" something to someone as well ... don't know who but it was crystal clear to me !

Not a good idea for a REMOVED JUROR to be in the courtroom at this stage of the game -- especially since it is so close to Rebuttal !

:seeya:

I was SHOCKED when her followers guffawed out LOUD when ALV said, "Mr. Martinez, are you angry at me?" How RUDE and insensitive and disrespectful and immature and all of the other words I can't think of right now.

This isn't a comedy show - it's a MURDER TRIAL!!!!!! If you're going to LAUGH in the courtroom, take your a$$ home.

Sorry but it made me REALLY angry.

It was like she brought her own living laugh track. Like she thought she was the star of her own comedy show.

Can we have a thread just for juror #5?

For anyone that I have heard say she has no pattern of this kind of chaos in prior relationships, to that I say, it drives the point home even more that this is a classic Stalker situation. If they don't have this weird almost chemical attraction for a man, they can and do walk away, they actually get bored and move on. Once they lock eyes on someone and there is this "thing", um, he'll be lucky to get out alive. Same if a man is the stalker and goes along fine until he sets eyes on "the one". Once you live through it, you know how possible it is that someone has no criminal record, no real reputation for being bat shi* crazy...until that moment.

They can go along very normal, in and out of relationships and to some, not show an ounce of weird behavior, nothing that sets off alarm bells (I must admit my bias in that I do feel men fail to recognize "trouble" sleeping next to them in bed, as fast as a woman realizes it)

I am sorry, and hope I don't offend any men, I believe this stems from social cultural ways we are different. Men tend not to be afraid of women until they wake up and go to the kitchen in their boxers and find her standing there holding their cats body in one hand and the cats head in the other and her nightie is covered in blood and there is a knife on the cutting board.

Scientists say that women evolved to be more sensitive to nuances of body language than men because our survival depended on it. We had to be able to tell ahead of time when we were displeasing the person holding the power. That's why it's called "women's" intuition, even though men have it too.

For example, many of us feel uncomfortable with Juror #5 being in the courtroom because we understand that an exchange of glances followed by a head scratch could be viewed as Juror #5 influencing/communicating with Juror #8 in the jury box.

Jodi Arias is like a cornered animal now and she is into Plan B, which she and the DT cooked up over the long weekend break last week. She has completely given up any idea of bonding with the jury and (gasp) her attorney has even accused them of lying. Safe to say, they are trying to make the jury hate them in every legal way they can, hoping they will crack in disgust. Who wants to spend an Arizona summer going back and forth to court hearing the same thing over and over and over in slow speed? We all know stress exacerbates illness and even brings on illness. They are hoping for outbreaks of migraines, herpes, shingles, hermorhhoids, IBS, stomach ulcer, anything.

By running up the cost of the trial, they are strengthening their position for their next plea deal after the jury is hung.

ALV is currently licensed here:

http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/WLLQRYNA$LCEV2.QueryView?P_LICENSE_NUMBER=29119&P_LTE_ID=720

http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/WLLQRYNA$LCEV2.QueryView?P_LICENSE_NUMBER=3521&P_LTE_ID=722

Pasted links in browser, didn't work. What site is this? Thanks

SW's evil stepmother:

* had all the power because the king was dead
* talked to her Magic Mirror, aka journal, daily
* MM in 1937 provided info - today it's the internet
* constantly checking MM for possible rivals (Deanna, Lisa, Mimi, etc)
* retaliated against rivals (stalking, tire-slashing, "whoredoms", etc)
* decided to kill object of hate by literally cutting out her heart
* disguised herself to get near her prey and to later fool the jury

More proof of the brilliance of Juan's strategy and the rather clumsy thinking employed by "expert" Alyce.

Nope, it was when ALV said, "Mr. Martinez, are you angry at me?"

ALV has well rehearsed her little jabs and digs, and Mr. Martinez knows it, and we know it, and he isn't allowing her to do it. He is keeping her to tight answers and she will not comply properly thus showing her defiance.

I have to say watching them spar last night; I would not be able to go toe to toe with him and I am very "difficult", ;) I would just answer the questions and try to get the H.E.L.L out of there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fales922