weekend break: discuss the latest here #123

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone that I have heard say she has no pattern of this kind of chaos in prior relationships, to that I say, it drives the point home even more that this is a classic Stalker situation. If they don't have this weird almost chemical attraction for a man, they can and do walk away, they actually get bored and move on. Once they lock eyes on someone and there is this "thing", um, he'll be lucky to get out alive. Same if a man is the stalker and goes along fine until he sets eyes on "the one". Once you live through it, you know how possible it is that someone has no criminal record, no real reputation for being bat shi* crazy...until that moment.

They can go along very normal, in and out of relationships and to some, not show an ounce of weird behavior, nothing that sets off alarm bells (I must admit my bias in that I do feel men fail to recognize "trouble" sleeping next to them in bed, as fast as a woman realizes it)

I am sorry, and hope I don't offend any men, I believe this stems from social cultural ways we are different. Men tend not to be afraid of women until they wake up and go to the kitchen in their boxers and find her standing there holding their cats body in one hand and the cats head in the other and her nightie is covered in blood and there is a knife on the cutting board.

BBM

I couldn't agree with you more. I've thought that from the beginning. She and Travis had some sort of cosmic animal attraction. I had the same thing for a boy I dated in high school. It was an extremely dysfunctional relationship. We fought like mad, broke up, he pushed me around, but still I NEEDED him. I kept going back and back and back even though we treated each other horribly. It wasn't a good feeling looking back on it but at the time, I was absolutely obsessed with him.

I have a feeling it was similar with them. They were drawn to each other in this chemical, animalistic way. That's what put JA over the edge. It was different than any other relationship she'd ever been in. She had never felt this before. This was certainly a fatal attraction in every sense.

I really have no opinion on whether she should or should not be there. My biggest concern is whether her presence can influence the jury, cause a mistrial, or affect any future appeals. I'm not a legal expert so I don't know the answer.

The Judge did not put her under a gag order. She is free to talk and she isn't. Defense tossed her off the jury. They no longer can control her actions as long as she complies with the rules of the courtroom they cannot keep her out. I would think her presence would remind the jury they need to follow the court rules or risk the same fate. Defense can't complain the judge did what they wanted. That part is over, J5 is out and defense no longer has a complaint. Not that that will stop them from complaining. jmo

Something about her being there doesn't feel right to me. I can't quite put my finger on it but it makes me nervous.

Hopefully I'm wrong and she's there to support Travis's family.

ITA something about her being there isn't right and she's not there to support TA's family.

She turned herself into the center of attantion with her statements and then the big deal of showing up in court. Respect for TA's family, in my world would be letting the focus of the trial be on justice for him,not a book deal for her.

And almost the same comeback when she challenged JM about his attitude. Easy to see Jodi was coached by ALV to stand up to JM. ALV was also refusing to answer JM's questions with a direct answer because she wanted to control the cross. She wanted to answer questions her way and twist her answers accordingly. I'm sure she feels JM is very abusive. lol

Exactly.........that is why they mimic each other on the stand.

GM Everyone!:seeya:

I just finished watching Juan's cross again of ALV.

I found it riveting.

But what I did pick up on the second time around is he is stressing that Jodi was abused as a child (ACCORDING TO HER) yet ALV dismisses that history and only gives weight to Travis' childhood abuses which she thinks makes him an abuser.:furious:

In fact as I watched ALV spar with Juan it was like seeing a clone of JA all over again. The same defiance, arrogance and combativeness.

imo

She was intentionally trying to annoy Juan Martinez...........and she was enjoying it.

I am SO excited for this!!! I missed opening statements so I'm glad they're replaying them. I have HLN recording all day so I can FF through their hours of ridiculous commercials.
I hope it will be on Youtube later. :)

That could very well be the case.

I've said a million times, I'm not a very good judge of character. Whatever I think, choose the opposite and you'll be right. lol

That's ok because I don't really trust anyone and I'm just trying to be fair. lol

I hate that there's no court today, especially since it was Juan's turn.... when he is up doing cross on these witnesses its like I get a B12 shot!

Well this is interesting. And she just did that little speaking engagement/course? back in February. $199 to go see her speak/teach? She's really got a lucrative business going on.

Does she consider JM a shark? LOL

MOO
She sits on the stand vouching for a murdering psychopath.
Wow!! Very grandiose considering her rather sad performance as an expert. How hard is it for a shark to swim with another shark??? Could a shark teach a human to safely swim with sharks for 199$? :facepalm:

At most, I thought there could be 1, but only 1. Ironically enough, I swore it was Tri-Color. The freaks at the psycho is innocent site tapped her to hang the jury.

I'm a paranoid person by nature and trust nobody on the planet. Can't lie and say I haven't wondered if her dismissal and subsequent pop up yesterday smacked of some kind of collusion with the DT. My spidey sense tingled just a bit....

Could be too much espresso and coke though....:D

bbm

As ineffective, inefficient and all-round unlikable as the defense team is, I doubt they'd risk disbarment to help Jodi.

They would be putting their careers in the hands of a dismissed juror who likes attention. Would you give someone like that the secret that could destroy you? I wouldn't.

One think I feel pretty darn sure about, there was no collusion with the defense.

If Travis' family has no issues with #5 being there... why should anyone else?

I think she said what she did to non-confrontationally remove herself from the situation. It's not like she walked out on a platform and stood there waiting to be approached by the media, they followed her to her car.

She might just be there supporting the system of justice for the victim. Seeing out what she had started on as a juror and perhaps too, to see Juan in action on cross. jmo I do not see anything negative in j5.

I'm sure for the victims and I am hoping she is there in support of her fellow jurors to show solidarity. I have no idea for which side, just a solid front. You know if she stares at Jodi there will be trouble, she will be removed from the audience.

There is something that takes over a person (even us) when there is a high profile trial, or maybe a lawsuit of our own that goes on for years. It becomes our life (it shouldn't but it can) You might even feel a sense of panic as the event draws to a close. It's a powerful thing that brings a group of people together and you wake up and have a purpose. You look forward to gathering with everyone daily as you all head for the finish line not really knowing how your side will do.

I would expect she has invested so much emotion for 2 months being on the Jury. It's not a case of feeling as if she was in the spotlight, although one cannot help feeling "special" in some way sitting on that Jury and knowing the world is watching you. An entire courtroom fills up and you are as much the star attraction as the people on the stand.

Being yanked off the jury, basically scolded or chastised in front of the world could seriously send someone into a bit of a breakdown. All she has invested for 60 days (that is a LONG time) is now meaningless and her voice won't count, all the endless days, the note taking, the formulating good questions to ask the Witness on the stand.

It's a big deal to remove a Juror. I hope her coming in and sitting helps her feel she is still a part of it. She certainly is and will be. We'll always think of her as one of the Jurors in fact she has a twist to her service, being removed and hanging out and seeing it through as she feels up to it, I think she needs to be able to do that. I still consider her a Juror and valuable player in this Trial. Her insight will be just as interesting to hear once it is done as if she cast her vote at the end.

I would say she is missing out on nothing and just gets to have a couple perspectives with a twist to her jury service. I have no doubt once this is done, her fellow jurors will welcome her with open arms, it probably upset them too that she was removed.

InSession was replaying ALV direct, regarding June 4.

What it seems ALV took away from that day...how horrible it must be for the defendant's genital area to be on blast in the worldwideweb.

ALV also stated the defendant wrote things in her journal she never thought anyone would see.

Well let's take a look at a few pages of the defendant's journal entries she never thought anyone would see, starting with June 10, 2008.

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Arias2.pdf

ITA something about her being there isn't right and she's not there to support TA's family.

She turned herself into the center of attantion with her statements and then the big deal of showing up in court. Respect for TA's family, in my world would be letting the focus of the trial be on justice for him,not a book deal for her.

Tanisha Sorenson was quoted a few posts back stating she was supportive of her being there. With that said....thats all that matters.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

So no real interview and she shows up in court. Big whoop. I'd probably do the same thing except realllly run from reporters. As long as she says nothing about an ongoing trial (and legally she cannot and she knows it) and keeps a shut mouth and straight face in the courtroom there is nothing that can legally be done. People like to run around with bits and pieces of things that don't necessarily give a full story and all of a sudden things get blown out of proportion. There isn't a big story unless she sharts blabbing prematurely, giving details she shouldn't. It hasn't happened so far.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

J5 doesn't know anything. She knows exactly what we know, actually less than what we know because she hasn't been watching the news. These jurors are not sequestered. They spend a small amount of time in the jury room together and sit in the jury box. Very little communication and what there is would be personal information about other jurors and maybe their interaction with the bailiff. Nothing that could cause a mistrial. She is only one juror there are others who could go to the judge if there was misconduct amongst the jurors. No other jurors have come forward to complain. jmo

I've come to the same conclusion. I could understand wanting to be there and see it through if the trial wasn't available in her livingroom but it is and she's actually costing the court time and money accommodating her.

For anyone that I have heard say she has no pattern of this kind of chaos in prior relationships, to that I say, it drives the point home even more that this is a classic Stalker situation. If they don't have this weird almost chemical attraction for a man, they can and do walk away, they actually get bored and move on. Once they lock eyes on someone and there is this "thing", um, he'll be lucky to get out alive. Same if a man is the stalker and goes along fine until he sets eyes on "the one". Once you live through it, you know how possible it is that someone has no criminal record, no real reputation for being bat shi* crazy...until that moment.

They can go along very normal, in and out of relationships and to some, not show an ounce of weird behavior, nothing that sets off alarm bells (I must admit my bias in that I do feel men fail to recognize "trouble" sleeping next to them in bed, as fast as a woman realizes it)

I am sorry, and hope I don't offend any men, I believe this stems from social cultural ways we are different. Men tend not to be afraid of women until they wake up and go to the kitchen in their boxers and find her standing there holding their cats body in one hand and the cats head in the other and her nightie is covered in blood and there is a knife on the cutting board.
RBBM

And from everything I've come to know of psychopathy a similar pattern emerges too. A psychopath often willingly discards their victim in lieu of a prospective one - 'good' psychopaths will sometimes even have several targets waiting in the wings, simultaneously manipulating all of them. They're 'fine' as long as they're in control of the nature of the relationship - and when such a relationship ends.

If a victim chooses to leave them, though, I believe it unleashes controlling and abusive behaviors of epic proportion. Personally, I'm convinced the only way one can safely choose to leave a psychopath is if the psychopath is incarcerated, dead, or has already latched onto a new victim.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member