weekend break: discuss the latest here #124

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After the 2nd interview of J5, it seems we have most of what we wanted.

Probable cause of why she was booted, even her name.
Only thing missing is how she was leaning.

MOO. I would think coming up with so many Qs for JA implies she was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. Trying to believe JA. But I guess DT thought otherwise, or else will do anything to try for a mistrial?

How tall do you suppose he is? I notice JM doesn't quite come up to the top of his shoulder. I'm putting him at at least 6'5" and, what, 350 lbs. One big guy. Yeah, I can see where those chairs would be way too small.

I think Juan is a pretty short guy,rob ably 5'7", though according to KCL he has unusually large feet!

I think Juan is a pretty short guy,rob ably 5'7", though according to KCL he has unusually large feet!

I think JM is usually said to be 5'5". I'm not even going to go there with the feet! :floorlaugh:

After the 2nd interview of J5, it seems we have most of what we wanted.

Probable cause of why she was booted, even her name.
Only thing missing is how she was leaning.

MOO. I would think coming up with so many Qs for JA implies she was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. Trying to believe JA. But I guess DT thought otherwise, or else will do anything to try for a mistrial?

I just can't imagine any juror leaning toward acquittal.

I take my hat off to the jurors having to listen to all that stuff. I'd be standing up shouting " Get back to the secret messages in the magazines and the gas cans and hair dye"

Ive no patience to be a juror:floorlaugh:

I take my hat off to the jurors having to listen to all that stuff. I'd be standing up shouting " Get back to the secret messages in the magazines and the gas cans and hair dye"

Ive no patience to be a juror:floorlaugh:

Me too! I'd be charging the state for the amount of liquor I'd be going through every night. I hope they get a no-jury-duty-for-life card after this.

Well I am off to make some breakfast and start the day, see you guys later!

Uh oh...
Do you remember the joke from the film, Notting Hill?

As Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant were about to get to know each other, JR notes that HG has big feet.

She asks him if he knows what that often implies. He says no. And she says,
"Big feet, large...hands."

I think JM is usually said to be 5'5". I'm not even going to go there with the feet! :floorlaugh:
JM doesn't have big hands though. Someone the other thought JM may even be shorter that. Let the record show his height doesn't bother me at all. :seeya:

I just can't imagine any juror leaning toward acquittal.

Well not necessarrilly acquital--either lesser charge--if that is an option. Or of lesser penalty when that is debated--if that is up to the jury.

Well I am off to make some breakfast and start the day, see you guys later!

Me, too, I'm off to my ridiculous self-imposed task of ever so slowly transcribing the police interrogation videos. My @#$$%^ dog got loose yesterday and I ended up chasing him around the street for while. Not good for someone with a heart problem. He'd be in the dog house if I had one. So I'm going to have a nice quiet day today, vegetating in front of the laptop.

See you guys in the funny papers. :great:

Re-watching Juan's cross of ALV. I LOVE how he will never say Ms. LaViolette or Ms. Arias....it's always just ma'am.

I am so behind in reading (yesterday was tough) but I will catch up.....the good news is.....

Going home today from the hospital.....for a WEEK!! Perfect timing for some cross ex IMO.

For some reason it bugs me when ALV says "Mr. Martinez" .. in all her answers..with that smug look on her face..

Grrr.. My Grandfathers name was Mr. Martinez..but still.. It just sounds offensive...or is it just me?

Reflecting back on AlaV's testimony at cross, since we have no new material. She is amazingly defensive and the closely, affectedly modulated voice is not a good disguise for that. It may be her prime technique in dealing with people but, with her eyes squinting shrewdly and her challenges as to what Martinez is trying to make her say, she gives herself away utterly. If you are thinking about where an examiner is leading you, you are definitely not speaking candidly. The truth is not your objective. Because Martinez called her on every refusal to answer Yes or No, she was exposed as circumspect about her beliefs in her field and her opinions on the defendant. Coy she is not. The ultimate affront was when she sought to put the cross examination on her terms by demanding the prosecutor speak to her like she was speaking to him.
Quoted from Tuba in the last thread...
:goodpost:
Bbm. This is what I wanted to say, but you stated it wonderfully!

For some reason it bugs me when ALV says "Mr. Martinez" .. in all her answers..with that smug look on her face..

Grrr.. My Grandfathers name was Mr. Martinez..but still.. It just sounds offensive...or is it just me?

that "Mr. Martinez" crap is very inappropriate- and it is meant to be; it is meant to put him in his place; she is smug and condescending. IMO he needs to develop a better plan to deal with her. While I don't think the jury appreciates an uppity witness, I do think she is getting over on him a bit and making him grumpier--

He seems disgusted by it actually. He won't even look at Miss Arias. I think he sits there daydreaming about how he is going to spend his $ once this is over. The only conflict he has is wanting it to end (due to his extreme dislike for his client), yet every day he is there adds to his slush fund.

It is very peculiar, the relationship between grodi and willmutt-- they act more like best friends; oddly grodi is taking on the appearance of her attorney and her attorney is taking on the personality of grodi; she is snarky and inappropriate.

The photo of his face as he's sitting in the shower wasn't the last one taken of him... only the last one that showed any part of his face. The last one of him before the attack was the one right after where he's still sitting in the shower that only shows him from the neck down. Since the next photo was of the bathroom ceiling it was at that time the attack started.

I agree. I believe that's when she started stabbing and would have been the only time Travis had the physical strength to defend himself and his wounds show that he was vigorously trying to protect himself at one point. I think that Travis crawled out of the shower and pulled himself up at the sink. With every lie Jodi tells there's always a grain of truth and IMO the only truth about being tackled was that Travis was on the ground.

As for the camera in the washer... she put it in there on purpose to wash away blood and her fingerprints on it and probably also to try to destroy the memory card. She couldn't have NOT known it was in the washer because as soon as she turned it on that camera would be banging around in there making a ton of noise.

I don't think she realized the camera was in the washer either and it may not have made any noise bc the washing machine was full of towels and clothes. Jodi thought she had destroyed the evidence when she deleted the photos which is why she didn't bother removing it from the home like the gun and knife. I'm still not convinced that Travis tied her up that day. I think Jodi only claimed that he had in order to explain how the knife just happened to be there when she had to defend her self.:furious::furious::furious::furious::

Looking at the amount and saturation of blood on the carpet going into Travis' bedroom I believe that he was crawling down that hallway trying to escape while Jodi was stabbing him in the back. This part was nothing but a sadistic enjoyment that Jodi was enjoying and it explains the blood in that hallway. Travis manages to continue to crawl to the carpeted area when Jodi lifts his head back and cuts his throat. I think that while Jodi is dragging Travis back into the bathroom the movement of his body causes some air to be expelled from his body which can sound like an audible breath. When Jodi hears the air she assumed he was still alive and that's why she shot him in the head. I've asked Mykeru a couple of times for his opinion based on the area the bullet was found in addition to the blood spatter seen in the photos but haven't heard back yet.

She wasn't going to take the camera with her since it was a brand new camera, and his roommates would see that it was the only thing in the house missing, and Jodi was the photo guru... she wouldn't have wanted to take it because it could point fingers directly at her. She likely intended to remove the camera from the washer when the cycle was done, make up the bed with the washed linens still in the dryer, and put the camera back in it's case, but she ran out of time and had to get out of the house before the roommate came home... she didn't even start to kill Travis until pretty close to around that time, but she likely thought that she could kill him in the shower quickly and he'd die in there all clean and tidy with there being no need for all the clean up and dragging him down the hall to stuff him back in the shower.

ITA except for the camera. I think Jodi believed that she had destroyed all of the evidence on the camera and she didn't take it with her bc it could either be she thought it could traced back to Travis if caught in her possession or it was a disgusting object of his. Remember the story Jodi gave about destroying the shirt and shorts with Travis' name on them? I don't believe it was out of sense of protecting him. IMO, she despised him to a level of viscousness that most of us can't even fathom.

But in leaving that camera in the washing machine even though she had to hurry and get out of the house was a huge red flag that the camera had something to do with the murder pointing the finger at Ms. Camera Guru anyway.

There's just no way that camera went through a wash cycle unknown to her as it would have been banging around in the washer making a lot of noise. And remember, there wasn't much in that wash load in the first place... just his t-shirt, shorts, underwear and socks along with the camera. There's no way she would have not noticed the camera being in there for that reason as well. JM even mentioned during his cross of her that it wasn't a full load of wash, the blood expert showed all the pieced of clothing in that load of wash, and there's just no way she wouldn't have known the camera was in there. The camera went into the washer on purpose.

Seems like I recall photos of the dryer and the bedlinen was found there. The items in the washing machine were the towels and his clothing. I wonder who and when washed the bed linens. Was it Travis? He may have thought she had already left, stripped the bed, threw them in the washing machine and then went to take a shower. Perhaps it was Jodi who threw them in the dryer when she threw the towels and his clothes in the washing machine.

Nhic wrote: "I don't think Travis agreed to pose for anything, as JA claims. She probably had him at gun or knife point. "

To me, it looks like Travis even has tears in his eyes at one point. These look like they're not fun for him, to say the least. I hope JM makes something of that, but it may be too subjective.

:facepalm:

:seeya: GOOD MORNING Y'ALL !

:great: Is it MONDAY ?

:great::great::great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics