weekend break: discuss the latest here #124

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if ALV knew what she was getting into when she first agreed to be an expert for the defense. She sure does know. Remember when she said, "I hope I have a practice to go back to when I'm done."

While I think we can all agree she probably agreed to it for the money, if she was so passionate about domestic violence and its' victims, why in the world would you throw your whole career out the door to do it?

Oh I'm sure she didn't know it would be like this (in terms of media). I'm sure she's horrified that she was disinvited to that conference.

I wonder if ALV knew what she was getting into when she first agreed to be an expert for the defense. She sure does know. Remember when she said, "I hope I have a practice to go back to when I'm done."

While I think we can all agree she probably agreed to it for the money, if she was so passionate about domestic violence and its' victims, why in the world would you throw your whole career out the door to do it?

At some point we will know the true answer to this, but there are estimates of up to 11 Domestic Violence Experts that examined Jodi before ALV. All of them concluded she was not abused and their reports would reflect that. Naturally they were not hired.

In the Defenses continuous attempts (so far successful) to keep the Billing records under seal, this hides all the people they paid for opinions, or to come examine her. Once that is out, we'll know. However I don't know in a case such as this if they would have any doctor patient confidentiality issues. I don't think they apply in a criminal case.

I could be wrong. I'd love to know what they think.

Bottom line if 11 Experts won't testify to this Defense theory and they only found 1 that would. The 1 is "clearly wrong"

Greetings from Australia...
I have just started following this case for the last few months and it is blowing my tiny little mind...
As a study in human behaviour and cultural perceptions it is a doozy!!
What amazes me is the way so many people involved are sculpting JA(herself included) into a form that suits their own world view...from JA after the murder to DF onwards up to the recent testimony of ALV...
Unless JA comes clean with an explanation we will never truly know what motivated her to commit such an atrocious act. It's incredible to me we have her in the court room perfectly able to express herself and yet others are being asked to speak on her behalf as though they could even pretend to know her. Her mother doesn't even really know her.
In Australia we have a system where a committal hearing is held before the trial to determine whether something should go to trial. Do you have that in the US? Pardon my ignorance. At that stage I just wish the judge could have said, No lady, your defence is a load of... and there is no evidence for what you are purporting.
I can't watch the trial because I don't have unlimited Internet but have been reading and watching all I can.
CAN'T WAIT FOR THE CROSS!!!!

:welcome:

Happy sleuthing. Yes, she could have been subject to a psych eval at the request of defense counsel, but I'm sure she would have rejected it even if they wanted to perform one. There was never any serious consideration of n insanity plea.

:cow:

Zuri... I went through the same self blame in regards to my ex husbands addictions... he was my sons father and I blamed myself for not doing things to prevent it...after all, I was his mother and I should be able to fix his father shouldn't I?

A wise counselor taught me the three c's of co-dependancy and it has helped me immenseley through some very hard times.. I have passed it on to friends who were dealing with the same issues and they say it has helped them to take a deep breath when feeling guilty and recite them to yourself

I did not Cause it
I cannot Control it
I cannot Cure it

God bless you as I went through hell with it being my ex-husband , I dont know if I would have the strength to survive it if it were my son.

:blowkiss:

i really hope it's not true that normal people don't know how to open the hood of a car.

I want to read ALL the journals, texts and emails. So if NG said they received 600 pages of JAs journal do we know when they might be around? JA will come busting through those pages like the evil witch she is. I wish we could drop a house on her.
:great:

That's my girl! If she sticks to that, she has my undying respect. She made a big point the other day, IMO. She showed she wasn't hiding under the bed in shame, silently showed support for the jury and best of all......

Showed JA "hey, beeotch, I'M STILL HERE!!!!
:rocker:
Yes, She did to me too.

But even if she hadn't....I refuse to waste one drop of anger or blame on her parents.

Jodi, and Jodi alone, gets every last drop of my blame and rage for what she did to Travis.

Amen.

I'm wondering if dr phils alleged offer changed sandy arias. I feel like the father is the most sincere, moo.

That's alway been my impression too. The days he was in the courtroom his body language was quite different than Sandy's and I noticed him watching Jodi often.

At some point we will know the true answer to this, but there are estimates of up to 11 Domestic Violence Experts that examined Jodi before ALV. All of them concluded she was not abused and their reports would reflect that. Naturally they were not hired.

In the Defenses continuous attempts (so far successful) to keep the Billing records under seal, this hides all the people they paid for opinions, or to come examine her. Once that is out, we'll know. However I don't know in a case such as this if they would have any doctor patient confidentiality issues. I don't think they apply in a criminal case.

I could be wrong. I'd love to know what they think.

Bottom line if 11 Experts won't testify to this Defense theory and they only found 1 that would. The 1 is "clearly wrong"

This!!!

Boy, is that ever right.

Given the defense team has an indefensible client, it wouldn't surprise me if that was part of their strategy.

Of course, the jury will have their notes and be allowed to review testimony, but still! The time the DT kept their witnesses on the stand....Lordy! :banghead:

I honestly think that's one of the reasons Juan comes out swinging. He's tired of the delays, he knows the family is tired and hurting from it, and he probably knows that the jury is tired, too. So, instead of dragging things out like the DT, he cuts through the B.S., gets to the point, and hey, your feelings are a little hurt? You're a defense witness in a first degree murder trial - both ALV and RS have done this before, they know what to expect.

Juan is moving fast and furious, so that the family can finally get out of that courtroom and breathe. Bless him, them, and this jury. They've been through it and then some.

:welcome:

Happy sleuthing. Yes, she could have been subject to a psych eval at the request of defense counsel, but I'm sure she would have rejected it even if they wanted to perform one. There was never any serious consideration of n insanity plea.

I thought it was done IIRC. Something was done....psychological eval maybe instead?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Oh I'm sure she didn't know it would be like this (in terms of media). I'm sure she's horrified that she was disinvited to that conference.

I wonder if she was disinvited, or she mutually agreed with the group this is clearly a bad time for her to speak. They might still have wanted her, but don't want the attention right now.

Like many things, this too shall pass, and although I think they might have a few cancelled conferences in her immediate future, my guess is the dust will settle and she'll be back to pretty much normal.

The continuum is an expansion on the cycle of violence, which, although it was groundbreaking in its time, is too simplistic. It's a way to identify abusive behaviors so that you can count their frequency, and identify the relative dangerousness of such behaviors so you can identify escalation. Otherwise, there is no way to quantify and qualify the behavior.

She said she had changed it. That's good. This whole field is a work in progress, but not happening fast enough. People might not like what she is doing with JA, but her work in general is spot on and very desperately needed. Trying to minimize and ridicule her work is not helping anyone.

"One out of every three women will be abused at some point in her life.

Battering is the single major cause of injury to women, exceeding rapes, muggings and auto accidents combined.
A woman is more likely to be killed by a male partner (or former partner) than any other person.
About 4,000 women die each year due to domestic violence.
Of the total domestic violence homicides, about 75% of the victims were killed as they attempted to leave the relationship or after the relationship had ended.
Seventy-three percent of male abusers were abused as children.
Thirty percent of Americans say they know a woman who has been physically abused by her husband in the past year.
Women of all races are equally vulnerable to violence by an intimate partner.
On average, more than three women are murdered by their husbands or partners in this country every day.
Intimate partner violence a crime that largely affects women. In 1999, women accounted for 85% of the victims of intimate partner violence.
On average, a woman will leave an abusive relationship seven times before she leaves for good.
Approximately 75% of women who are killed by their batterers are murdered when they attempt to leave or after they have left an abusive relationship."

http://www.domesticabuseshelter.org/InfoDomesticViolence.htm

Reverse the roles - Travis fits in as abused and JA the abuser. He tried to leave several times. When she knew her sex could not keep him she killed him. She decided when things were OVER. Not him, she saw to that.

I've got to agree with you in terms of the media attention, but I'm really not sure what she expected would happen when she decided the victim with 29 knife wounds, a throat cut all the way to the spine, and .25 caliber gunshot to the head was the perpetrator, while the admitted killer walked away without a mark on her (excluding the likely damage to her finger sustained by slashing away at poor Travis.) I truly am mystified at her ability to hang on to that professional opinion in the face of evidence that flatly contradicts her stand.

No its true...only abnormal people know how. :p

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Well that settles that little question...I checked my oil yesterday..... go figure...all these years I wondered if I was a little 'off'....had to come to WS to finally get the answer! :floorlaugh:

There might even be a way to work this into her teachings. The Teacher becomes the abused by simply standing up for an abused woman. When nobody else believed her or would help her, I did.

I'm sure her fan base over decades is large enough they should be coming to her aide? I have not seen them post anywhere, but I was not really looking.

This will turn into some kind of teaching moment. Still the burning question to me is if ALV truly believes that Travis Alexander beat the living crap out of Jodi Arias several times and almost killed her 3 times.

Almost kill is a big thing to say.. You can hit, you can shove. To almost kill says to me 911 would have to be involved along with a few weeks in ICU. Which didn't happen. And if she was laying on the floor of his bedroom almost dead from almost being killed, why didn't anyone notice her? (basically IN a frat house environment)

I imagine her freaking out and carrying on a conversation with herself, probably in 3rd person (as she did in the interrogation room while left alone). After watching all 18 of the interrogation vids, I believe she is bi-polar with multiple personality (along with a plethora of other issues). I believe she was in a frantic state - thus the multiple stab wounds all over the place and I believe when she was finally done, she frantically started trying to clean up and dispose of whatever evidence she could grabbed clothes and camera thinking water would destroy everything on the camera and took off.

After watching her behaviors for.......aaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh..........hours, I literally can see her frantically running around :panic: :nerves: I see her licking her lips, chewing on her lips and her bug eyes moving back and forth really fast. Wouldn't surprise me when she finally stopped that she puked from all the adrenaline rush and anxiety which im sure she was filled with.

I don't believe she just calmly and casually did this and walked away with her little smirk we have all come to know....she was like a junkie on speed....

BBM....that is such a pet peeve for me. I have a neighbor that talks in 3rd person and it just drives me crazy.

I remember someone here mentioned that they had read (where I don't know, wish I could find it) a snippet from ALV, maybe a website entry or her web CV, that she 'created the defense' for JA.... anyone else remember that?
I thought the word 'create' was a red flag but didn't have an opportunity at the time to research it. OP please help :)

If that's true, and can be proven, her career is over. Unless she starts a career defending murdering abusers.

I am in total agreement with the previous poster who said this is all going to come down to science.
Testimony from RS, ALV is a huge foggy waste of time ......
From rewatching Dr. Horn I can say with NO hesitation, Jodi Arias has no right to breathe.
None. I have never been so much for a verdict of death before in my life. I could easily load the syringes without missing a minute of sleep.

Yes, because if you have been shot in the head--if a bullet goes through your brain--you are incapacitated. You cannot even try to defend yourself, let alone attack someone or try to go anywhere.

This is what the defense insists came first. :facepalm: Jodi was supposedly threatened by Travis, engulfed by the fog, and so stabbed the guy 27 times and slit his throat without remembering anything.

Edited: Then the defense throws in domestic violence? Where the heck does that come in? These people weren't even living in the same home. Red herring defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamapple