weekend break: discuss the latest here #124

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And Katie had to ask members here for sadly needed donations for the real victim's family. I find that very sad.

Very sad. Dr. Phil lost my respect when he invited cindy anthony's lying a55 to his show to explain away Casey's lies. He could be helping the alexander family but instead he's in it for the sensationalism of having the Arias family in his pocket.

But this was a very small load, not a large one.

Washers take time to fill up, she was fleeing the scene. Even if she stuck around waiing for the washer to fill up and the cycle to start to make sure she didn't hear a camera clunking ariund inside :)/), the idea is that it was tangled up in clothing. It wouldn't necessarily make any noise until it shook free or the spin cycle started. The woman could have put the laundry in, turned on the water, hit start, and bolted. I'm not sure why we're assuming she must have stuck around and not been in a complete frenzy trying to get everything sorted and get out before the room mates came home.

Thanks guantlet!

A few things that jumped out for me....

1. Mom says Jodi moved out at 18. I thought she was younger, maybe 16 when she went go to live with BJ.

2. Dad starts to say she works at Burger??? I thought she worked at Casa Ramos.

3. Mom started to laundry list the same reasons as Jodi to explain away hair, fingerprints at Travis' house. Det Flores shut that down quickly.

SHe didn't want to take the camera with her. It would have been the only item missing from the house and been noticed, and since she was the photo taking guru a missing camera and missing memory card would point the finger at her. There's no other reason to take the time to delete all the photos one by one and then wash the camera while she was still there and running out of time.

A camera in the washing machine with all the bloody towels wouldn't have pointed the figer at her just as much as a missing camera would have?

3. Mom started to laundry list the same reasons as Jodi to explain away hair, fingerprints at Travis' house. Det Flores shut that down quickly.

Eh that doesn't mean much to me. She basically knew she did it but still hoped it wasn't true. She wanted proof. Who wouldn't ask for proof. And she's right that hair or fingerprints in his house mean nothing. He didn't (and couldn't) tell er all of the evidence at that point but she didn't know that.

A camera in the washing machine with all the bloody towels wouldn't have pointed the figer at her just as much as a missing camera would have?

And her bloody palm print, and her non-blond hair, and her DNA.

I only started following this case when JA took the stand. I understand that a computer forensics expert is on the rebuttal list. Has there been testimony from any other computer experts yet?

I will be interested to know if the computer forensics expert found any evidence of a key logging/screenshot capture software program on TA's computer. If
Jodi had installed such a program on his computer, he wouldn't have even been aware that it was on there. She would have been able to get any userid or password that he was using as well as see all of his other computer activity - and she could do all of this remotely.

It just seems like the type of thing a stalker like Jodi would do. While Travis wouldn't have known such software was on his computer, the computer forensics expert should know where to look on the computer for evidence of something like that.

Does anyone know if someone has tried to make sure Juan knows about Jodi's left ring finger in the "bridesmaid videos"?

(I've been away from the threads since Thursday evening, watching the replays of opening arguments on HLN.)

Does anyone know if someone has tried to make sure Juan knows about Jodi's left ring finger in the "bridesmaid videos"?

(I've been away from the threads since Thursday evening, watching the replays of opening arguments on HLN.)

What about it? When was it taken? Tia

The sheets weren't in that load of wash. Only the camera, Travis's clothes that he was wearing (t-shirt, shorts, underwear and socks), and that's it. The load of all the sheets, pillow cases and duvet was the first load she did and was already in the dryer having been dried.

SHe didn't want to take the camera with her. It would have been the only item missing from the house and been noticed, and since she was the photo taking guru a missing camera and missing memory card would point the finger at her. There's no other reason to take the time to delete all the photos one by one and then wash the camera while she was still there and running out of time.

Of course she took the murder weapons... they didn't belong to Travis.

The camera was new so it's likely no one knew he had it. I doubt it would have been missed.

Without that camera and the time stamped photos and the fact that the SIM card survived the washing machine I think Jodi might have gotten away with the Ninja defense, with a few tweaks to her story. I feel like the camera is one of those once in a lifetime miracles that keeps the universe right.:twocents:

The sheets weren't in that load of wash. Only the camera, Travis's clothes that he was wearing (t-shirt, shorts, underwear and socks), and that's it. The load of all the sheets, pillow cases and duvet was the first load she did and was already in the dryer having been dried.

Of course she took the murder weapons... they didn't belong to Travis.

BBB
KK, I really want to understand why you are so tied to this idea. With or without it, there is irrefutable evidence putting her at the crime scene. The camera just happens to add a whole lot more to the story.

I bet that the State's expert will be respectful and straight forward with Nurmi/Willmott.

Paid for the last 90+ days, she has been visited by the producers, was paid licensing fee for photos and vids. Paid for her daily jailhouse notes.

This.is.disgusting.

I think people are forgetting who the actial victim's are here. Travis and his poor family.

If the twinies had been more respectful in court maybe I would feel a little sympathy for them but nope not an iota.

I do feel for her dad and younger brother though

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

This was also posted on the State vs. Jodi Arias FB page:

"LaViolette's scheduled conference appearance this weekend has been cancelled. Organisers and attendees were outraged with her testimony."

Re-watching Juan's cross of ALV. I LOVE how he will never say Ms. LaViolette or Ms. Arias....it's always just ma'am.

I am so behind in reading (yesterday was tough) but I will catch up.....the good news is.....

Going home today from the hospital.....for a WEEK!! Perfect timing for some cross ex IMO.

The victim, abuse excuse has worn thin for many women as well. There is a point where victim becomes volunteer.

Take responsibility and make better CHOICES.

If Travis was an abuser (I see no evidence), Jodi was volunteering to be his victim. She always went to him. He never went to her.

Abuse is never okay.

Ughhhh ALV is such a smarta$$ :furious: and the way she keeps glancing at the defense (JW in particular) and exchanging smirks is infuriating.

Listen....you can hear where ALV's career is going....

[video=youtube;StmbrLfGC-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StmbrLfGC-8[/video]

Good Morning early birds,

This trial needs to be wrapped up fast and I think Juan is going to do just that in short order.
Snow White and poor Jodi are going to be a thing of the past as the evidence to me is very overwhelming. I do not think this will take long.

Nothing would surprise me. But what happened to the Mom since that police interrogation? Seems like a different woman. Didn't the Mom try to sell letters to a daily rag?

She does seem like two different people but alot of time has passed since that tape was made.
Anagrammy (sp) wrote a good post on how she and the family might cop with this. Don't ask me to find it because I have no clue how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member