weekend break: discuss the latest here #124

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I LOVE your avatar picture---Isn't that when Juan finally got the chance to cross ALV---so he jumped up and GRABBED the exhibit from JW's hands as she was walking away? LOL

I LOVE the way he starts his cross examinations. He is like a JackintheBox---he just springs out of his chair and starts asking questions---before the DT even gets back to their seats. :hero:
Yeah. I like that too. JM doesn't give the witness a chance to change gears. Even the DT takes a while to catch up.

It'll be interesting if she is still trying to control JM's Pros case. Last we saw of ALV, she was acting as though she was leading a throwback to the 70s Feminist seminar or rally.

<respectfully snipped>
The amount of force used in self-defense must generally be commensurate to the force being threatened. So you typically can't shoot someone for shoving you in the chest. And you certainly can't kill someone who shoves you.
http://phoenixcriminallawnews.com/2013/03/how-to-claim-self-defense-under-arizona-law.html

WHOA WHOA. Look what I found at the link you provided. 'However, you should be aware that the statutes specifically describe certain circumstances in which someone cannot use self-defense. These include:

Physical force in self-defense to verbal provocation alone;'

Effing Kill you B*tch doesn't warrant self defense so if you follow JA's timeline of TA making that threat after he was shot, but still alive, (assuming you believe a man with a bullet in his frontal lobe passing right through the area controlling his motor function cannot lunge and tackle like a line backer) all her handiwork with the blade was just pure murder.
Assuming the jury believes the ME which I believe they will, JA flat out murdered him with the knife and then what shot him for fun??

Why do I suspect the Effing kill you comment came from JA thinking it was enough to justify self defense and all the linebacker moves were encouraged by her DT to make it legally so????
Sorry if this doesn't make sense. It does in my tired mind. :blushing:

Not only did the gun go off, but according to Jodi, [one version anyway], she knew the gun wasn't even loaded, and she said Travis knew it wasn't loaded too.

So we were supposed to believe that instead of running away from a man who was trying to kill her, she ran into a closet, and grabbed an unloaded gun, to try and stop a man, who KNEW it was unloaded.

So I guess she realized that story made no sense---so she revised it---and added that he actually told her it was loaded---and she threw in the added story of seeing him take it out with him once...:liar:

When all details like this are discussed, I hope, hope, hope all this comes together for the ones who decide. This alone shows how absurd the whole huge lie is and there are hundreds of these lying blunders. Not even counting the interrogation tapes, the physical evidence, the faked journal entries, etc,.....When I think like this, and know JM will tie all this together, in rebuttal and closing arguments, I feel justice is inevitable.

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Arias2.pdf

Yeah. I like that too. JM doesn't give the witness a chance to change gears. Even the DT takes a while to catch up.

It'll be interesting if she is still trying to control JM's Pros case. Last we saw of ALV, she was acting as though she was leading a throwback to the 70s Feminist seminar or rally.

Yup, she was very pleased with herself. I hope she comes to court on Monday feeling just as confident. She is in for a rude awakening, imo.

Those little goofy smiles she kept shooting to the Defense table are going to disappear. Juan is going to have some very difficult questions for her to answer, imo. And her cute little comments about him' being mad at her' are not going to cut it, when she is confronted by his upcoming line of questioning.

I am sure he will grill her about 'mistakenly' assuming that Jodi saw Travis looking at his computer when he looked at lil boy pix. JW glossed right over that whole thing. But I think JM has ALV on tape describing her version of the events. That might get interesting.

He is also going to put Jodi's actions into that Abuse Continuum and ask ALV to assess it. LOL I don't think she will be shooting goofy smiles at the gallery during that exercise. :wink:

WHOA WHOA. Look what I found at the link you provided. 'However, you should be aware that the statutes specifically describe certain circumstances in which someone cannot use self-defense. These include:

Effing Kill you B*tch doesn't warrant self defense so if you follow JA's timeline of TA making that threat after he was shot, but still alive, (assuming you believe a man with a bullet in his frontal lobe passing right through the area controlling his motor function cannot lunge and tackle like a line backer) all her handiwork with the blade was just pure murder.
Assuming the jury believes the ME which I believe they will, JA flat out murdered him with the knife and then what shot him for fun??

Why do I suspect the Effing kill you comment came from JA thinking it was enough to justify self defense and all the linebacker moves were encouraged by her DT to make it legally so????

It makes perfect sense. You clearly understand Jodi$peak. :jail:

I get ya.

Also, he already got her to admit that AFTER she shot him in the head, she went to retrieve a knife, because he was still 'after her.'

But he got her to admit that SHE RETURNED TO HIM with the knife. So that nullifies self defense right there. Once she left to get the knife, she had plenty of time to just escape all together. He was not a threat to her and this was not her home, not a place she was expected to protect and hunker down in.

She is toast, imo. No chance of self defense. They are now trying to set up a case for the lesser includeds, imo. I think they are hoping for 2nd degree.

Tonight I have been watching JA on the stand being interrogated by JM -- day 21 she brought up again the story of being choked until she was unconscious. Of course there was no police report, no pictures, no evidence etc.

This choking business pises me off to no end!

In the mid 80's, I was married to a man that I was physically and emotionally abused by. I reported it every time, went to court and had a restraining order. While we were separated, he stalked me continuously. One night while my daughter and I were upstairs asleep, he broke down the door to our townhouse. When I woke up hearing all of the terrible noise of the door, I ran to the top of the stairs to find him running up the stairs with this look of Satan on his face.

Over a period of what seemed like a couple of hours, I was beaten and choked 3 different times...the last time I became unconscious.

Now let me tell you, when a person is choked, it is not what it looks like on tv.
When I was fighting for air and trying to keep the pressure off of my neck...all of the blood vessels in the whites of my eyes burst as well as blood vessels all over my face. I lost control of my bowels and peed the bed. By the Grace of God, I regained consciousness. I don't know how long I was out, but long enough for my ex to take his clothes off, get into the bed beside me and fall asleep.

I was scared to death of awakening him, but managed to sneak out of the bed and get out. I ran to a friend's house to call the police...AGAIN. On the way out, I passed a mirror and have never forgotten what my face and eyes looked like.

Remember, this was back in the 80's, and the police could not arrest someone unless they had evidence that I had been hurt. Well now, finally they had evidence. We went to court...he got 30 days jail on a work release program.

I packed up my kid, my dog and everything that I could get loaded in a uhaul and moved to another state in the middle of the night.

Later I found out that he was living with my female legal aid attorney where he eventually, a few years later, killed himself in her garage. Good Riddance!

My case was the first one, I was told, that they took pictures of me in the ER.

So tell me Jodi...you really think that you were abused and choked? You don't have an fing clue! :furious::furious::furious:

THANK YOU. And I am so sorry, but I am happy that you were able to escape and start over. :hug:

It really angers me as well when she tries to sell this total BS version of being abused. It is insulting to all of the real survivors. And ALV should be ashamed of herself. :mad:

But what were they doing after sex but before the shower pics? There are a couple hours unaccounted for. Some think JA left and then snuck back in and surprised TA in the shower? I lean toward TA washing the sheets but still have no idea what occurred in those "lost hours"

Who knows? Probably whatever they normally did. Slept, talked, played on the computer... whatever. I think it's silly to believe she left and snuck back in. She was already there with the intention to kill him, so why on earth would she leave and sneak back in somehow to do it? She wouldn't have needed to do that, she was already there, already had sex with him, and was able to convince him to do the shower photos.

Jodi was the master of manipulation and probably sweet talked him into believing she had a new guy, she was moving on, let's just be friends, whatever. Somehow she was able to get back in his good graces. I don't think he looks the least bit frightened or courced or had no idea Jodi was taking photos of him while he just happened to be taking a shower. Those photos are him posing though he certainly doesn't appear that he's terribly interested in doing it. He was expecting a conference call at 6pm and likely was impatient for her to leave. Getting him in the shower to kill him was HER idea. It was HER idea to use the photo taking of him in the shower to get him in there so she could kill him. He would have been trapped in that shower with the only possible exit being her with a knife. That and the element of an out of the blue surprise knife attack was what enabled her to kill him... just not as quickly and neatly as she had envisioned.

Tonight I have been watching JA on the stand being interrogated by JM -- day 21 she brought up again the story of being choked until she was unconscious. Of course there was no police report, no pictures, no evidence etc.

This choking business pises me off to no end!

In the mid 80's, I was married to a man that I was physically and emotionally abused by. I reported it every time, went to court and had a restraining order. While we were separated, he stalked me continuously. One night while my daughter and I were upstairs asleep, he broke down the door to our townhouse. When I woke up hearing all of the terrible noise of the door, I ran to the top of the stairs to find him running up the stairs with this look of Satan on his face.

Over a period of what seemed like a couple of hours, I was beaten and choked 3 different times...the last time I became unconscious.

Now let me tell you, when a person is choked, it is not what it looks like on tv.
When I was fighting for air and trying to keep the pressure off of my neck...all of the blood vessels in the whites of my eyes burst as well as blood vessels all over my face. I lost control of my bowels and peed the bed. By the Grace of God, I regained consciousness. I don't know how long I was out, but long enough for my ex to take his clothes off, get into the bed beside me and fall asleep.

I was scared to death of awakening him, but managed to sneak out of the bed and get out. I ran to a friend's house to call the police...AGAIN. On the way out, I passed a mirror and have never forgotten what my face and eyes looked like.

Remember, this was back in the 80's, and the police could not arrest someone unless they had evidence that I had been hurt. Well now, finally they had evidence. We went to court...he got 30 days jail on a work release program.

I packed up my kid, my dog and everything that I could get loaded in a uhaul and moved to another state in the middle of the night.

Later I found out that he was living with my female legal aid attorney where he eventually, a few years later, killed himself in her garage. Good Riddance!

My case was the first one, I was told, that they took pictures of me in the ER.

So tell me Jodi...you really think that you were abused and choked? You don't have an fing clue! :furious::furious::furious:

Wow, how awful! I'm so glad you survived that horrible ordeal!

Your point is so heard. This defense is just so insulting to true victims, it's practically re-victimizing. JA's hyperbolic descriptions of the fictitious abuse (body slams etc.) will be completely impeached by Juan on cross and by the prosecution's DV expert. That has to happen because this defense is ridiculous. I really sympathize with you.

Not only did the 'gun just go off' , but according to Jodi, [one version anyway], she knew the gun wasn't even loaded, and she said Travis knew it wasn't loaded too. :waitasec:

So we're supposed to believe that instead of running away from a man who was trying to kill her, she ran into a closet, and grabbed an unloaded gun, to try and stop a man, who KNEW it was unloaded. :giggle:

So I guess she realized that story made no sense---so she revised it---and added that he actually told her it was loaded---and she threw in the added story of seeing him take it out with him once...:liar:

BBM
I love love loved when JM asked her 'What were you going to do, throw it at him?' :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

So do you think it was a coincidence that Gus Searcy was in Santa Cruz the day that JOdi met Matt there on the way down to Daryl's?

I just have this feeling that Matt has confessed in exchange for immunity, but if that were the case, is it possible to keep it for the rebuttal phase or would it have had to come out before now?

Who do you think was in the car with Gus that was so important he would not even write down the name and asked for a lawyer if it was not the accomplice Matt?

I'm not married to this idea, just asking questions Monk-style...

LE isn't stupid. Checking out everyones' alibis is standard operating procedure anyway, and since they were at first sceptical that she could have gotten Travis down the hallway and back into the shower on her own they did in the beginning think there might have been an accomplice, so they would have especially looked into alibis due to that.

There's no way on earth that anyone who was suspected of being an accomplice would be getting immunity. Even if such an accomplice never laid a finger on Travis to kill him and Jodi did all the killing it would STILL be felony murder meaning they would be just as guilty as the person that killed him, and the law DEMANDS that person be tried for the same charges as Jodi. Never ever in the history of the universe has a known accomplice to cold blooded murder EVER been given total immunity for the crime. Why in the world would they??? There's absolutey no reason for it whatsoever, their being charged is the LAW, and there's no way on earth that the whole world wouldn't know about this accomplice and no way in the world that Jodi wouldn't be screaming from the rooftops from the beginning that this terrible accomplice person was the evil person that killed her beloved Travis. There would be no stupid self-defense case, and we'd be watching a trial that was Jodi pleading total innocence and it was that evil beast accomplice that did it all while she heroically tried to save Travis.

The idea that there was anyone else involved in this crime is just ludicrous. It assumes the police and prosecutor are dumb as a box of rocks, didn't follow normal investigative procedure, defied the law in granting total immunity to someone guilty of a felony murder and Jodi going to trial on a DP case with a dopey self-defense claim instead of putting all the blame on this ficticious accomplice.

Matt's just a nincompoop that publically admitted that he'd commit pergury for Jodi if put on the stand, he got caught on at least the coded messages in the magazines Jodi tried to pass to him and he probably got found out that it was he that wrote the pedo letters pretending to be Travis for her sake because for whatever absurd reason he's so stupidly smitten with Jodi that he was willing to incriminate himself in trying to help her finagle evidence for her trial.

Not even Jodi herself is willing to claim that anyone else but her was ever involved in the murder of Travis, and there's no question whatsoever that had there been she'd be the first one to throw them under the bus to save herself.

Wasn't it stated somewhere that the door to the bedroom was closed and the smell of death was only noticed when the friends of TA opened the door with the key the roommate found in a drawer or something? So if the stench was in the bedroom, could he have notice the smell before opening the doors? My grandpa committed suicide back in 1976 and the reason he was found two days after his death was because neighbors were complaining of the stench coming from his apartment. He hung himself just outside the entry of the apartment's door. NOT up the stairs behind a closed door. So maybe the stench was contained in TA's bedroom. Just thinking aloud here.

I am so sorry to hear that. Bless his soul.

Good point! Here's another:

First, she testified that she didn't think the gun was loaded, since Travis told her it wasn't (or it wasn't before? can't remember right off hand). So, it makes absolutely ZERO sense for her to grab Travis's unloaded gun to scare him. Wouldn't he KNOW his gun was unloaded?

Or, better:

So, okay Jody!! Ooops, it was loaded after all! oooopsy!

So, we're to believe that Travis bought ONE bullet? Really? Where do they sell single bullets?

Maybe it was one of Chris Rock's "$5000 bullets" (no disrespect meant to TA, of course, posting this video):

[video=youtube;VZrFVtmRXrw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZrFVtmRXrw[/video]

What is the consensus view on JA dragging or lifting TA?

Was he not a lot bigger than her?

He was but several WSers actually got their husbands (bless them) to agree to be dragged through the house and found they were able to manipulate them without too much difficulty.

He was but several WSers actually got their husbands (bless them) to agree to be dragged through the house and found they were able to manipulate them without too much difficulty.

Thank you.

Of course I can think of numerous variables, including the type of flooring makes a difference RE friction.

Do you have handy their heights and weights?

TIA

Thank you.

Of course I can think of numerous variables, including the type of flooring makes a difference RE friction.

Do you have handy their heights and weights?

TIA

No but I recall some posts that noted their respective weights were roughly similar. I agree about variables but it gives us some idea at least.

IMO
I hope JM asks ALV a few questions like

Have you seen the crime seen photos?
If so, when did you see them the first time?
If not, wouldn't you need to see the crime scene photos to form your "expert" opinion?

For the first time I watched NG and DD on thursday night. WT???? They all bashed JM and thought that the most important thing was to grade JA's hair? Huh? I will never waste my time again on these two shows.

IMO opinion, the lawyers on the DD panel just are not at the same magnitude as JM.Yet they say he is being too harsh? Ugh

I found his 30 minutes of cross more informative than all the previous days she has been on the stand. I will just add JM is a rock star attorney!!!

Justice for Travis!!!

MOO

The dragging bit shouldn't have been too difficult. I am, however impressed with her determination to get him up and over the lip of that shower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth