weekend break: discuss the latest here #125

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the same for the trial when I was a juror. We didn't even know the names of the twelve of us. We decided to put our juror numbers in front of each of us and then everyone votes for one person by their number. Juror with the most votes gets to be the foreperson.

As I recall, we finally voted to ask for volunteers and nominations, then each one gave a "campaign speech" and we voted for one of them. OY!

25 years...he hasn't prosecuted for 44 yrs :) And you are right....its clear this is what he wants to do, otherwise he would have moved on long ago. Say whatever about his style but he wouldn't have such a great case record or such a long career if he wasn't successful.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Wonder if martinez has faced off wilmott or nurmi before?

I've lived in Arizona for 17 years, and take many regional trips, and I have never, ever either taken filled gas cans with me on the road or even heard anyone I know to have ever taken filled gas cans on a roadtrip. There are gas stations EVERYWHERE, this is 2008 (at the time) not 1949. And I drive an suv with fairly low mpg. The stink would be unliveable.

Two more priceless gems she expects people to believe are 1) she didn't want to pay the high gas prices in Southern California and 2) she didn't make it to Travis' funeral because she got a flat tire in the San Joaquin Valley (allegedly near Fresno).

:floorlaugh:

As to the first one, did she not stop for gas in Pasadena? Is that not in Southern California? And the second one, she expects everyone to believe after her first road trip and the gas cans (she was so utterly prepared) that a flat tire in a heavily populated area couldn't be repaired and her "spare" was also flat?

MOO

25 years...he hasn't prosecuted for 44 yrs :) And you are right....its clear this is what he wants to do, otherwise he would have moved on long ago. Say whatever about his style but he wouldn't have such a great case record or such a long career if he wasn't successful.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry!!!

Wonder if martinez has faced off wilmott or nurmi before?

I wondered the same. If Nurmi was with the public defender's office for any length of time then surely he did.

I believe 100% that she ordered Travis to sit down and he had to because she had a gun pointed at him. There is NO other reasonable explanation for why he is sitting down there.

Nope, she needed the element of surpise before attacking him. I have no doubt that should she have pointed a gun or knife at him and not started using it immediately he would have lunged for her to try to disarm her. The whole point to getting him in the shower was to trap him with the only way out her using a knife on him. She needed the shower as a trap and a surprise attack to disarm him... and it worked. She wouldn't have wanted to take ANY chances of his being able to over power her or cause her serious injury or even turn the weapon back on her. The element of surprise was even more important than the shower trap.

I don't think he looks surprised at all in that photo. His mouth is open, but his eyes aren't opened wide and he certainly doesn't look horrified which I'm sure he would look if he turned around and suddenly saw her there threatening him with a knife. Maybe he was saying something to her or spitting out water from the shower. Could be that's when she asked him to sit in the shower, and he thought it was a really odd request (what's sexy about a naked dude sitting in a cramped shower stall?). That last photo of his face doesn't look frightened or shocked either... he just looks tired and irritated. Frankly, it's much the same expression he had in one of his naked photos on the bed. I think after the sex he just wanted her to leave... he was expecting a conference call at 6pm and probably wanted to do some preparation for it. She probably already had brought up her wanting him to take her to Cancun the next day instead of Mimi, and he was just annoyed that this visit was once again one of her ploys to get back with him.

Besides, she only has two hands. How was she supposed to hold the camera, the gun AND the knife all at the same time and be able to use any of them with any effect?

No, she needed that element of surprise to start attacking him, and she likely dropped that camera when she first struck him with the knife (the bathroom ceiling photo).

Hi, I may have a problem with an addiction to WS but I just don't have the strength to fight this craving. Yes, my phone is on silence during court. I admit that I have made it known to everyone in my life not to contact me unless it's an emergency and even then only by text.:facepalm: When my doggies are acting crazy during court I have contemplated reaching for the Benadryl or throwing them outside. Why can't they just behave?:furious: I keep to laptops open with one for the courtroom and the other on WS. Yes, my laptop is mobile and I take it everywhere be it to feed the dogs, the bathroom, the kitchen to cook during sidebars or taking the trash out.:facepalm:

Hair appointments, grocery shopping and doctor appointments are cancelled, rescheduled for Fridays or just ignored.:facepalm:

My addiction is so strong that I have now corrupted my hubby and turned him into an addict now.:facepalm: I got my mom hooked on it by shoving a computer in front of her with the trial playing on it while promising her to trust me.:facepalm:

My children have become concerned that my addiction is severe and have attempted interventions with me. But to be truthful, the thought of being without my laptop makes me nauseous and anxious.:facepalm:

Every morning I quickly glance at the news so that if anyone should question me I can convince them that I'm aware of what's happening in the world.

Right now it's now safe to be around me. My addiction is so intense that others are in extreme risk of being fed my stuff and potentially becoming addicts themselves. I've already infected two people dear to my heart.:facepalm:

Perhaps in a couple of months I'll seek help....Maybe :rocker:

Nope, she needed the element of surpise before attacking him. I have no doubt that should she have pointed a gun or knife at him and not started using it immediately he would have lunged for her to try to disarm her. The whole point to getting him in the shower was to trap him with the only way out her using a knife on him. She needed the shower as a trap and a surprise attack to disarm him... and it worked. She wouldn't have wanted to take ANY chances of his being able to over power her or cause her serious injury or even turn the weapon back on her. The element of surprise was even more important than the shower trap.

I don't think he looks surprised at all in that photo. His mouth is open, but his eyes aren't opened wide and he certainly doesn't look horrified which I'm sure he would look if he turned around and suddenly saw her there threatening him with a knife. Maybe he was saying something to her or spitting out water from the shower. Could be that's when she asked him to sit in the shower, and he thought it was a really odd request (what's sexy about a naked dude sitting in a cramped shower stall?). That last photo of his face doesn't look frightened or shocked either... he just looks tired and irritated. Frankly, it's much the same expression he had in one of his naked photos on the bed. I think after the sex he just wanted her to leave... he was expecting a conference call at 6pm and probably wanted to do some preparation for it. She probably already had brought up her wanting him to take her to Cancun the next day instead of Mimi, and he was just annoyed that this visit was once again one of her ploys to get back with him.

Besides, she only has two hands. How was she supposed to hold the camera, the gun AND the knife all at the same time and be able to use any of them with any effect?

No, she needed that element of surprise to start attacking him, and she likely dropped that camera when she first struck him with the knife (the bathroom ceiling photo).

I agree, ambidextrous or not, it would just be too easy for him to disarm her if she were trying to photograph him while wielding a weapon.

I had a dream last night that the trial ended and I thought to myself, "ok, I can set this aside for a while," but then remembered, "oh, yeah, this is gonna be a fast verdict! Better keep tabs on the news!"

Let's hope that proves prescient!

I left a cart full of groceries to drive home like a madwoman when the CA verdict came in. Silly me. :banghead:

Two more priceless gems she expects people to believe are 1) she didn't want to pay the high gas prices in Southern California and 2) she didn't make it to Travis' funeral because she got a flat tire in the San Joaquin Valley (allegedly near Fresno).

As to the first one, did she not stop for gas in Pasadena? Is that not in Southern California? And the second one, she expects everyone to believe after her first road trip and the gas cans (she was so utterly prepared) that a flat tire in a heavily populated area couldn't be repaired and her "spare" was also flat?

MOO

On the receipts that were entered into evidence you can see an entry for a 'tire service' or something of that nature. I always thought she did get a flat. The Powers That Be were keeping her from the funeral.

A number of us have joined the coverage of this trial in the setting sun of that other one in FLA that left a bad feeling with many about justice and the system that pursues it. While we highly value our rights we have helplessly stood by, appalled by the specter that has played out as an irresponsible defendant and jury have had their 'day in court'. And won. My opinion, unsolicited I admit, is that this will be different. There will be a penalty phase here. And when we get there, everything, and I do mean everything, that is happening now and recently and in the near future will be Very miniscule. For those who have attended or watched a trial wherein there is a deceased victim as a result of whatever means, you know that when we get to impact statements that this trial will finally, totally get turned on it's head as we hear from those that loved Travis. Then, once again this jury gets their say. And history will be made as JSKS sentences her first defendant to DR. My opinion, belief, experience and fog.

I left a cart full of groceries to drive home like a madwoman when the CA verdict came in. Silly me. :banghead:

LOL! Unfortunately, I've no doubt I will do same if it comes to that.

As I recall, we finally voted to ask for volunteers and nominations, then each one gave a "campaign speech" and we voted for one of them. OY!

Hi, I may have a problem with an addiction to WS but I just don't have the strength to fight this craving. Yes, my phone is on silence during court. I admit that I have made it known to everyone in my life not to contact me unless it's an emergency and even then only by text.:facepalm: When my doggies are acting crazy during court I have contemplated reaching for the Benadryl or throwing them outside. Why can't they just behave?:furious: I keep to laptops open with one for the courtroom and the other on WS. Yes, my laptop is mobile and I take it everywhere be it to feed the dogs, the bathroom, the kitchen to cook during sidebars or taking the trash out.:facepalm:

Hair appointments, grocery shopping and doctor appointments are cancelled, rescheduled for Fridays or just ignored.:facepalm:

My addiction is so strong that I have now corrupted my hubby and turned him into an addict now.:facepalm: I got my mom hooked on it by shoving a computer in front of her with the trial playing on it while promising her to trust me.:facepalm:

My children have become concerned that my addiction is severe and have attempted interventions with me. But to be truthful, the thought of being without my laptop makes me nauseous and anxious.:facepalm:

Every morning I quickly glance at the news so that if anyone should question me I can convince them that I'm aware of what's happening in the world.

Right now it's now safe to be around me. My addiction is so intense that others are in extreme risk of being fed my stuff and potentially becoming addicts themselves. I've already infected two people dear to my heart.:facepalm:

Lol same here! (Laptop) (ipad) (iPhone) all in in use. Wont answer door, (knock at your own risk) Cell phones turned off. I need to make dr appointments but not until after she's sentenced. Glad I live alone, my (boyfriends) not safe to show up until after court ends, and ive watched JVM ng dr drew and than and only than I'm approachable .

I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, but I just took a look at a portly member of the DT's web site and I noticed that their bread n' butter is defending child molesters and sex offenders. Is there any truth to that, or is it possible that someone threw up a hoax site - as it does look like a cookie cutter template. TIA

Gee, what a coincidence that her attorney who was picked for her defends pedophiles which fits very nicely in her story of self defense...once she changed it.

I'm looking forward to IS Monday morning replaying the whole of JM's cross of ALV. It was very brief but powerful I thought.

OMG! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I LOVE IT!

One correction, the knife penetrated the Inferior Vena Cava, which carries blood from the heart. He would have still died without medical attention, although it would have taken longer. It was still an incapacitating injury, and who knows the psychological effect of such an injury and of the attack in general.

We've all experienced the woozy adrenal rush of cutting ourselves inadvertently, imagine that chest wound alone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

No, the Inferior Vena Cava carries de-oxygenated blood from the lower part of the body up to the Heart (Right Atrium). The Aorta is the large artery that carries the newly oxygenated blood from the heart and distributes it to all of the arteries that branch out to all of the organs and such.

Yes, this injury is extremely lethal. There have been a few survivors but the ones I have witnessed was due to family members who were ICU nurses and physician who recognized the symptoms and the patient(was code blue swift) given medical treatment. People who suffer this sort of injury die fairly quickly although not as quickly as being practically decapitated.

I'm right there with ya! I got a call this afternoon that my Monday client was cancelling on me. Normally I would have fumed for quite a while over the loss of dollars...but then I realized that it's a Monday thing, and therefore...I. can. watch. JM. All better now :)

How long did the CA jury deliberate? I didn't follow that trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankfurtfun