weekend break: discuss the latest here #125

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also speculate that Thomas Brown and Marie Hall may have been on her kill list, as well as law enforcement if it came to a shootout, with the latter much less likely. Without the element of surprise, she'd have been no match for trained professionals.

Who is Thomas Brown ? TIA

Has anyone posted this yet? It's from a FB page on the trial. Of course I can't verify if it's true or not.

"CONFIRMED : Chris and Sky Hughes will not be testifying during rebuttal, nor will Matt McCartney [as reported here previously]

Rebuttal witnesses include: Cancun PPL, Dr Demarte, Gas Station in SLC, Walmart, Det Brown"

Just found this, also.

http://www.webanswers.com/legal/dr-...aptop-was-stolen-that-contained-her-of-a94480

Juan Martinez said that the State would call neither Chris nor Sky Hughes.

He said this toward the end of the hearing on the Defense's February mistrial motion in which they sought to have the Prosecution removed from the case and the death penalty sentence tossed.

However, if the Defense 'happens' to call them, I'm sure the prosecutor will be eager to cross-examine.

I never said I can see his left leg. It just looked like his right leg was crossed over his left leg.

I think the crouched photo is the last photo taken before Travis was stabbed.

The prior face shot, Jodi had the camera pointed at him and somehow got knocked out of her hand. She then went for the knife. :twocents:

In this pic, his arms are outstretched forward. I just threw in my :twocents: that he was holding the camera.

What is your theory TigerBalm? :seeya:

:waitasec: First you said earlier today you could see his left leg, now you are saying maybe he is holding the camera.

Where do you see his left leg and how could he possibly be holding the camera???

IMO neither are the case but I am curious of what you have to say.

Certainly, Novice Seeker. And thanks.

I guess my point was, that as an outsider, when looking at her entries that this type of retrospective explanation - to her journal could be viewed as evidence for her manufacturing her story. I mean, why explain to your own journal something that surely would have come up before? A little moot since we don't have access to her whole journal, but anyway, just thought it relevant.

It's not that I don't see what her motives would be for doing so. On the contrary. Just that it looks like actual evidence of doing it to me.

Sorry, forgot to include that her fabricating these "alibis" for her behavior was for the premeditation of murdering him.:blushing:

ja47_zpsda0f592d.jpg

Shower door appears open in this one, no?

Someone had mentioned that their husband said the reason Travis was crossing his legs was because men instinctively protect their junk. A thought occurred to me looking at this picture. I wonder if JA had threatened to "Bobbit" Travis?

Now JA has admitted to killing TA. And there the state has bent over backwards with massive funding for a dubious defense.

But something everyone--certainly everyone in the USA--should see is this documentary:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096257/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

The Errol Morris film virtually proved that the Pros knew from the outset who the real killer of a Cop was, but chose to prosecute someone innocent to whom they could give the DP. Actual murderer was underage. Innocent man was convicted and was on death row.

This probably happens far more than we would like to think. Something the innocence project would later prove.

The film is riveting and something we all should have in the back of our minds is capable of happening to each of us if we are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Randall Dale Adams was railroaded by Doug Muldar (Darlie Routier and Walker Railey lawyers) and Winfield Scott when they were in the Dallas Da office. Winfield Scott was the PD in one murder case in our family. He objected to his own questions and was terrified of his client. I guess knives do that to a person?

It's a strange feeling to of been to many of the same places or to know where the crappy motel Adams was staying out. Out on Ft. Worth Avenue where the hookers and drug addicts stayed.

I'm watching a clip of ALV's lecture and it is just so stupid.
What character do you identify with most in Snow White?
If your answer is Snow White, you've been socialized by the patriarchal system.
No - it's not because Snow Whit is the title character and the only character with any personality development.
If you're a guy your answer doesn't count so don't bother speaking up.

I can't and I'm a gal:facepalm: Thanks for taking one for the team, man.:rocker:

An old roommate of Travis' that the defendant tried to pin the blame on during the phone conversation with Detective Flores.

Do you know for a fact that ALV is the DT last witness?

You aren't a juror (none of us are), so you don't have all the evidence to sift through and deliberate as a jury will have. So what I'm saying is there isn't a whole lot of difference between your position and mine - we have both determined she is guilty of first degree murder and the case hasn't even gone to the jury yet.

That would be called contrary to the innocent until proven guilty concept, because until a jury returns with a conviction, nobody is guilty.

I guess I feel ganged up on for my opinion when it isn't all that different from anyone else's here. :waiting:

I'm not ganging up on you. I'm right there with you and understand completely what you're saying better than I could.:fence:

I'm watching a clip of ALV's lecture and it is just so stupid.
What character do you identify with most in Snow White?
If your answer is Snow White, you've been socialized by the patriarchal system.
No - it's not because Snow Whit is the title character and the only character with any personality development.
If you're a guy your answer doesn't count so don't bother speaking up.

I guess I could figure out all the characters given time, but I can't say I've ever had a favorite.

Do you know for a fact that ALV is the DT last witness?

You aren't a juror (none of us are), so you don't have all the evidence to sift through and deliberate as a jury will have. So what I'm saying is there isn't a whole lot of difference between your position and mine - we have both determined she is guilty of first degree murder and the case hasn't even gone to the jury yet.

That would be called contrary to the innocent until proven guilty concept, because until a jury returns with a conviction, nobody is guilty.

I guess I feel ganged up on for my opinion when it isn't all that different from anyone else's here. :waiting:

We are not in a courtroom other than the live stream. Whatever conclusions the jury decides will be their own decision. It will either agree or disagree with the way we feel. In the real world it's not always innocent until proven guilty. People are never that naïve. Outside the courtroom we can all pretty put 2+2 together and do not have to look at Jodi as innocent until proven guilty. She has already admitted to killing him. We just don't like her excuse of self-defense when the real reason is obvious. jmo

Yes, I believe this is the last photo before she started to stab him. His arms are up to protect himself. Probably when the defensive wounds started. As soon as his guard was down- a stab into the heart. :furious:

His arms were up to protect himself? He would have kicked her cray cray butt with a few cuts in the process if he thought she was about to stab him. Kidding, right? Makes no sense.

Sorry to be such a dumb newbie but.......MOO means what?

Just wonderin'

A friendly Week-end Welcome to all the new sleuthing minds.
:rollercoaster: Welcome aboard!

Forum quirk:
Some areas/features of WS are inaccessible to new members,
until a post count of 100 or so..this was 2010, for me,tho..
So, I snuck over to the Game thread,
which is handy when a peep would like to increase their post total
...pun alert..
...post haste... :floorlaugh:
Have a good night, all, and see you in court tomorrow.
:fence:

I was rewatching Travis ex girlfriends testimony last night...I could see the hatred in Jodi's eyes for her...I could almost FEEL her thinking that she had one thing from Travis that Jodi could never achieve...his love and respect...the look in Jodi's eyes when she spoke of Travis wanting to marry her...she was a really cute girl too.

OMG I watched that today! She stopped drawing or writing or doodling, whatever for ONCE and just stared at her during her testimony. It was especially creepy during sidebars, when nothing was 'going on' and she just sat there, stockstill and just stared lasers into Lisa.

Thomas Brown is Travis's former roommate whom Jodi said that LE should target in their search for Mr. Alexander's murderer.

JA would sacrifice anyone and everyone in lame attempts to save her sorry kiester.

Did she buy the 9mm to have Thomas Brown commit 'suicide' with a note confessing to Travis's murder?

It wouldn't surprise me.

She was certainly capable of and willing to do that and more.

Just look at that crime scene and the autopsy photos.

OMG I watched that today! She stopped drawing or writing or doodling, whatever for ONCE and just stared at her during her testimony. It was especially creepy during sidebars, when nothing was 'going on' and she just sat there, stockstill and just stared lasers into Lisa.

Creepy.

AND...
She says asking a battered woman to grow some and dump her abuser is like asking her to transform from Snow White to the Wicked Queen.

Um the Wicked Queen was Snow White's abuser. So the cure for battered woman syndrome is to become an abuser?

:banghead:

And this is why I am :furious: and can't wait for JM to get his groove on!

So, I guess this is the last position Travis was in when Jodi went at him with the knife? It seems like an awkward position ... and his arm is right there to possibly stop her. If I was thinking this through, I think I might try to stab him in the neck while his back was facing me. Just wondering how she thought she could actually reach his chest.

I just kind of posted with a similar question. If she intended to stab him first then she would have wanted to make damned sure she had a clear path to make a definitive blow. Anything that glanced arms, or knees and did not create some sort of severe injury from the first blow would be immediately problematic for her.

I think she was cluey enough to realise that.

Of course, I don't know, but it's the reason why I think that if he was stabbed first, that he was asked to face her - front on - eyes closed. It's scary to think, but it's just where things point IMHO

Even if Jodi had plead guilty to Murder 1, she would have had the same trial. Since M1 is a DP offense and the DP is a possible outcome, she must be found guilty in a court of law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member