weekend break: discuss the latest here #125

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason I know she faked the journal entries and e-mail is she admitted to det Flores that from a day or so after the body was found, her friends were calling her and everyone was saying that all the talk was Jodi did it, Jodi had something to do with it.

So she knew she would be arrested. Knowing that, 4 weeks is a LONG time to continue to plot how to manufacture evidence to support her innocence and his guilt. That included making the underwear and T-shirt etc.

She is a cold blooded sociopathic killer with Alyce LaViolette and Samuels in her corner.

This tells me one thing, the experts in this case have NO judgement whatsoever or they are simply liars.

I don't know how some people sleep at night.. Seriously.

I don't believe Travis ever said 'I can't feel my legs' or anything like that. I go by the evidence and the evidence alone. I don't believe anything Arias says. She loves knowing that no one else knows what really happened. She loves inflicting pain and suffering. She loves to play games with people. I don't believe she inserts bits of truth into her stories the way ordinary killers might do.

I know how closely you follow every detail of this case, and you know I respect your opinion, always.

But I do believe Travis said that and also that he was holding the right side of his head, as JA demonstrated by getting down on her hands and knees in the interrogation room, while she was still blaming two Ninjas for his death. She described him as being "on all four of his knees."

The autopsy photos show, and the autopsy report describes, several wounds to the right side of his head, which must have been very painful:
-"Two (2) oblique linear full thickness incised wounds of the right and left posterior scalp, each measuring 2 inches in length.
- "A 1 1/4 inch oblique stab wound of the lower scalp (over the mastoid process), below the earlobe of the right ear, with an apparent blunt 1/32 inch wide end posteriorly, with penetration into scalp and superficial upper right sternocleido-mastoid muscie."

Moreover, the stab wounds to his back, according to the autopsy report, "impact upon...transverse laminae and vertebral bodies..." Those are parts of the spinal cord, each corresponding to a nerve. Problems with transverse laminae and vertebral bodies are associated with numbness.

So her story about him being down on his knees holding the right side of his head appears to me to be truthful. I've caught other parts of her testimony that also appear to be truthful, such as her acknowledging the shower door was open the whole time when JM suggested that it was. And that Travis was getting ready to clean the downstairs tile floor and piled the furniture on the sofa. TA's roommate told Detective Flores that he found the furniture on the sofa and took it down.

While I can't blame anybody who doesn't believe a word she says, I find it worthwhile to listen closely, with appropriate skepticism. :cow:

ITA. And I think her self defense/battered defense was invented after Nurmi was putting some pressure on her about the ninja story and she had heard stories from the other inmates about self defense. She used their stories as her own.

Yes! She got arrested and did not have that story concocted yet. She did have the undies and t-shirt photographed, and that was more to show "he liked me, i was close to him, he loved me"

Oh bull crap...you were like gum under his shoe, he couldn't get rid of you

That battered story came years later i think...a hail mary pass.

I'm beginning to wonder if posters here ever sleep :floorlaugh:

Lord have mercy, it's hard catching up on the weekend threads; trial days are impossible, lol.

I just read thru the journal entries that have been posted, before and after the murder. I tend to believe they were doctored prior to her arrest.

I know how closely you follow every detail of this case, and you know I respect your opinion, always.

But I do believe Travis said that and also that he was holding the right side of his head, as JA demonstrated by getting down on her hands and knees in the interrogation room, while she was still blaming two Ninjas for his death. She described him as being "on all four of his knees."

The autopsy photos show, and the autopsy report describes, several wounds to the right side of his head, which must have been very painful:
-"Two (2) oblique linear full thickness incised wounds of the right and left posterior scalp, each measuring 2 inches in length.
- "A 1 1/4 inch oblique stab wound of the lower scalp (over the mastoid process), below the earlobe of the right ear, with an apparent blunt 1/32 inch wide end posteriorly, with penetration into scalp and superficial upper right sternocleido-mastoid muscie."

Moreover, all nine stab wounds to his back, accordiing to the autopsy report, "impact upon...transverse laminae and vertebral bodies..." Those are parts of the spinal cord, each corresponding to a nerve. Problems with transverse laminae and vertebral bodies are associated with numbness.

So her story about him being down on his knees holding the right side of his head appears to me to be truthful. I've caught other parts of her testimony that also appear to be truthful, such as her acknowledging the shower door was open the whole time when JM suggested that it was. And that Travis was getting ready to clean the downstairs tile floor and piled the furniture on the sofa. TA's roommate told Detective Flores that he found the furniture on the sofa and took it down.

While I can't blame anybody who doesn't believe a word she says, I find it worthwhile to listen closely, with appropriate skepticism. :cow:
She heard a POP... He was down on his hands and knees (out of the shower) holding his right head. Can't move his legs (frontal lobe injury...problems with walking and balance). Gunshot first also describes this scenario, just saying. She absolutely does mix truth with lies.

Moreover, the stab wounds to his back, according to the autopsy report, "impact upon...transverse laminae and vertebral bodies..." Those are parts of the spinal cord, each corresponding to a nerve. Problems with transverse laminae and vertebral bodies are associated with numbness.

I agree...
I think she "twerked" her story to sound like self defense, but I believe 100% had she taken a poly she would have shown no deception re: the murder itself.
THANK GOD she didn't!

Does anyone know about this? What photo was left at his house?

Another woman in the couple’s bizarre love triangle was named as the defense revealed details about the Mormon elder’s relationship with Lisa Andrews, whom he was dating from July 2007 to March 2008, according to Arias’ attorney Jennifer Willmott.

“Bitter feelings for you are brewing in me,” Travis allegedly told Jodi, threatening revenge after she deliberately left a photo at his Mesa, Arizona house, reported Michael Kiefer of the Arizona Republic.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...r-trial-defense-slam-victim-travis-alexander/

Just fyi, the original post was made by melmc. Iz?s#1Mom just quoted it and commented on it.

Not directed at you verbonica but at the original post you're quoting
I've been censored a few times and have seen 'forum favourites' be timed out. OT but at the speed the threads go, it's impossible for the MODS to read and consider each and every post. I know that if they're alerted to a post they act. I know that if they feel a post will provoke a series of other angry posts they'll react. I know that if the notice a trend and post a message in the thread to not do this or say that and it's ignored they act. Maybe because I fall into the category of those literally crying out for justice for TA, the passion of posters doesn't offend me. Rather than send me away, it's that passion that keeps me here for entire days when I can or when something occurring in the courtroom demands it.
I know the DT has a job to do but fabrication isn't part of it. I know the expert witnesses have a job to do but being biased to the point of blindness isn't part of it either. WSers ooze empathy for the victims. In a world where that quality is in short supply, it makes WS very special. Maybe I just have a thicker skin but I'm not seeing unwarranted expressions of angst here at all.

She heard a POP... He was down on his hands and knees (out of the shower) holding his right head. Can't move his legs (frontal lobe injury...problems with walking and balance). Gunshot first also describes this scenario, just saying. She absolutely does mix truth with lies.

Except blood spattered on the wall on his way out of the shower and there was blood spatter found at the very top of the blinds. Plus he obviously stood bleeding at the sink. In this case I defer to Dr. Horn's medical opinion that the first attack was a knife thrust into the heart. That would account for everything that followed. JMO

ETA: And Jodi demonstrated TA on all fours holding the lower back part of his head--right where the most painful cut was. The gunshot was toward the upper front of his head.

This has probably been asked and answered,so please forgive if its a repeat.

Does anyone know if someone recorded on HLN yesterday Juans opening statement and posted it?TIA

The thing I hadn't noticed before that I saw in the youtube video posted above...

"I ran...I ran like a little b$tch".

Yep, I'm quite sure you did.

Does anyone know about this? What photo was left at his house?

Another woman in the couple’s bizarre love triangle was named as the defense revealed details about the Mormon elder’s relationship with Lisa Andrews, whom he was dating from July 2007 to March 2008, according to Arias’ attorney Jennifer Willmott.

“Bitter feelings for you are brewing in me,” Travis allegedly told Jodi, threatening revenge after she deliberately left a photo at his Mesa, Arizona house, reported Michael Kiefer of the Arizona Republic.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...r-trial-defense-slam-victim-travis-alexander/

That is Aria's version of why Travis was upset. I don't believe a word!

Good point. Sure, I think so. I think they would have no trouble rejecting self-defense a priori if they knew she had decapitated him. I also think that the slitting of the throat will seal her fate for largely the same reason. No matter how many times you go over this thing, that act alone screams brutality and intentionality. You just can't reconcile that with self-defense no matter how you try.

:cow:

ITA and if I was Juan the autopsy picture of the throat wound would be the last thing the jury saw. And not for a brief moment. The last thing they would hear would be "no jury will ever convict me, mark my words"

Does this scenario jive with the blood spatter testimony and photos? IIRC, there most of the cast off blood and spatter in the bathroom was on the low levels of surfaces.

Trying to conceptualize what happened is very difficult for me because my mind really does not want to go there. You may find if you pull together all of the forensic testimony, there is an added level of depravity in this slaughter.

I'm to the point where I can barely look at pictures of JA anymore, especially when she is smiling. I wish that the media would stop showing pictures of JA and TA together.

BBM

I agree. I hate those pictures of them where they look like this happy couple.

ITA and if I was Juan the autopsy picture of the throat wound would be the last thing the jury saw. And not for a brief moment. The last thing they would hear would be "no jury will ever convict me, mark my words"

And the part about how using a knife would be heinous and that if she did this then she'd beg for the death penalty.

The May 22nd entry is a red herring. I believe it was written after the killing or written in her premeditation of killing him. She wants to look very not stalkerish and to show she was fine with moving on. She makes sure to point out very key issues about jealousy, the email password "exchange", encouraging him to be patient wit Mimi and she will come around, etc... OMG. This is all such hogwash and is nothing but Jodi's transparent attempt to cover her tracks by painting a completely different picture.
Thurs. May 22, 2008

Today has been a day of good news and sadness. Good news: my phone arrived! And not a moment too soon. Sad news: I finally had “the conversation” with Travis and it did not go well. I sort of put it to him already in an e-mail I sent a few days ago and he didn’t like that either, not nor did he take the hint. So I realized I had to be a little bit more direct. I told him that of course I’m looking for[ward] to his impending visit, that I can’t wait to check more things off the list (from 1,000 places), but that we probably would be better off in all ways if we were not physical.
<snipped for length>

This journal entry is the biggest pile of ingredients once ingested and later digested through a horses hind parts. How convenient that she has drawn a treasure map to all the key pieces that she now is clutching to in order to save her skin. Why is there this idea out there that she is an intelligent woman?? Please tell me this entry has been up on the court jumbotron? This is the smoking gun! I'm not even reading it with the smarmy HLN VoiceOver either. Who, aside from 1940's radio soap writers, writes like this?
I need to get away from this trial for a bit. If you could see how this journal entry has me so physically up-in-arms, you'd know exactly what I mean.

Those who have been dragging your husbands around...did they "play dead"? No help from them?

ETA: Ooooh, first! :)

Yes .. I am also exactly Jodi's height and weight and my husband is 6'1 and 280 lbs... lol! I also had no water or adrenaline to assist and could drag him across the hall tile. Just sayin...

Just ran across this, and I'm not sure if it's been posted here already so I apologize in advance if it has...this is a link to Matt McCartney's myspace photo and he lists his occupation as "ninja"!:what:

https://twitter.com//status/317311412517105664

I was also reading some comments on another site and one of the posts really got me thinking about the possibility that MM was an accomplice. I will paraphrase some of the thoughts:

*Matt's name was removed from the defense witness list.
*Jodi slept in Matt's apartment the night before the murder.
*Jodi attempted to send Matt a coded message from jail about getting his testimony straight.
*The dragging of Travis' body that would have required a lot of strength and the hasty cleanup....
*Maybe Matt, who may have been in charge of the cleanup, could have accidentally gathered up the camera with the bedsheets that contained the incriminating DNA.
*Matt was the first person JA called after the murder.
*During JM's cross examination, he asked JA at what time she arrived in Salinas from Redding (the car rental area), and she used the word 'we' twice. JM DID NOT immediately follow up on this, and basically she got away with saying 'we got to...' twice.
*Some people claim they see 2 people in the eyes of TA's picture where he is in the shower.

Did we ever find out who was in the car with Gus?

It was a woman, and I had asked earlier if anyone knew who a Ms. Juvan (sp) was. She was supposed to provide phone testimony around the time that Gus testified, but she went missing, phone number wasn't working. My thought is that this was the woman, but JMO. If someone can tell me otherwise, that would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95