weekend break: discuss the latest here #125

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I liked about JM on Thursday, is they thought they were clever asking ALV if she had memory problems, but he came back and very quickly proved that she did have memory problems by asking her what negative things Jodi said about herself in the journals. That was beautifully done.

Agreed.

I loved it when Martinez said "as you sit here today with the memory that you have intact - what can you tell us that she wrote that was negative - you did say that you read the journals right?" :great:

Yep, you absolutely can cook just about anything on an engine block. Short trips, hot dogs, warm up stuff; longer trips, you can cook a roast. Now, wrapping stuff properly so that you don't end up with a disaster is pretty important.

You know, the taped to the underside of the hood is genuinely odd. It would not be quickly accessible for defense, naturally, and only accessible at all if the car was stopped with the hood up. I considered a potential "assassinate the CHP guy pulling me over for Travis' murder," scenario, but discarded that immediately. My guess is she just wanted to have it hidden well enough that it couldn't be easily found if she did stop anywhere and somebody tossed the car. At any rate, it doesn't make sense -- the police obviously found it and would have if they had searched the car in any case, so I don't think she was attempting to hide it from them. Weird.

:cow:

I'd like to know where she got it. Detective F says it was registered, but where? I am a gun owner in TX. It's easy with a quick background check. In CA, I believe it is much more stringent (shocking :floorlaugh:). I am sure it would be on video when she purchased it as well. I would LOOOOVE to see that. Gotta be out there.

Evenin all...I feel like such a stranger on this thread as I'm always finding myself on the courtroom thread.
The radio show with Wendy Murphy tonite was really really interesting..she's so smart and interesting perspectives. You can listen here:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...as-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern

I'll be there tomorrow afternoon session but I'll see you all here watching on the feed in the am. :seeya:

I don't doubt it, but it would hard to believe he would be as esteemed a liar as she is - and JM would potentially tear him apart. Anyway, undoubtedly the prosecution has weighed up the pros and cons of subpoenaing MM. Not my place to double guess it.

But as far as the magazine coding episode goes, I was confused as to why that wasn't pursued more intently by JM. He kind of left it hanging there. As far as I can recall he went through the process of decoding the magazine, and all the while Jodi looked quite happy with herself taking part in the exercise. But there wasn't any real dissection of the messages intent. Am I misremembering here?

I am intrigued as to why the meaning behind the coded message was not pursued.

Was it even verified that the coded message was intended for MM? Or was it only inferred?

I don't think there was any indication of who the intended recipient of that message was. It was left blank. The magazine was supposed to go to Ann Campbell (who is that?) but was to be delivered to someone else? It's confusing.

Welcome to WS!! :seeya:

Glad you joined us!

I agree with you on many levels and I just wanted to compliment you on your first post! Often JM confuses me and I try my best to keep up with what he is asking . . . but he keeps me wondering which question he was asking @ times.

I agree that JA's and TA's relationship was not a healthy one - but the end doesn't justify the means. JA allowed herself to be in the relationship that she created with TA. JA chose her path . . . and she would do this again in another relationship if she felt out of control or felt she was "being controlled" (IMO). I am not so sure that JA doesn't equate herself as the Snow White with a black eye. I see a pattern of behavior in that she will not allow others to tell her what to do. She will continually push the boundaries and it appears she has not forgiven her parents for their "nosiness" when she was 14 . . . . but she is accused of being that "nosy" in Travis's affairs (ie: fb, ms, email, journals, texts, IM's, etc).

Thanks very much!

BBM I completely agree. Mr Martinez caught her out on this too while she was on the stand, when she was recounting her previous relationships and he kept on highlighting how In each one of her narratives, she herself was never the one to blame.

Mr. Martinez should be able to convince the jury come rebuttal. IMO the most damning evidence was Arias herself, she gave away thousands of minuscule details that otherwise would have been undetectable about her pattern of behaviour. As trial watchers it is easy to pick out her strange mannerisms and such, but if anything, I am glad the jury also got to see a glimpse of it as well.

Yep, you absolutely can cook just about anything on an engine block. Short trips, hot dogs, warm up stuff; longer trips, you can cook a roast. Now, wrapping stuff properly so that you don't end up with a disaster is pretty important.

You know, the taped to the underside of the hood is genuinely odd. It would not be quickly accessible for defense, naturally, and only accessible at all if the car was stopped with the hood up. I considered a potential "assassinate the CHP guy pulling me over for Travis' murder," scenario, but discarded that immediately. My guess is she just wanted to have it hidden well enough that it couldn't be easily found if she did stop anywhere and somebody tossed the car. At any rate, it doesn't make sense -- the police obviously found it and would have if they had searched the car in any case, so I don't think she was attempting to hide it from them. Weird.

:cow:

Are you talking about the 9mm? That was found hidden inside the engine part of the car and found by the rental company and then turned over to the police.

ETA: she was licensed to carry that 9mm. When Juan had JA on the stand, she told him that she bought it at IIRC, Bob's Sporting Goods and had to wait 3 weeks for the permit.

Evenin all...I feel like such a stranger on this thread as I'm always finding myself on the courtroom thread.
The radio show with Wendy Murphy tonite was really really interesting..she's so smart and interesting perspectives. You can listen here:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...as-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern

I'll be there tomorrow afternoon session but I'll see you all here watching on the feed in the am. :seeya:

Lol I see you on this thread and thought I was at the observation thread. I had to scroll to the top to see where I was. I thought my hippocampus slipped into a fog.

Watching Play Misty for Me for the first time. Holy moley what a psycho the girl is! Wonder if Jodi watched this movie?

Agreed.

I loved it when Martinez said "as you sit here today with the memory that you have intact - what can you tell us that she wrote that was negative - you did say that you read the journals right?" :great:

Brilliant and hilarious mr Martinez is yupp he sure is.

Yup, her father shoved her and she hit her head and 'lost concsiousness.' And then one of her ex bf's attacked her and 'she lost consciousness.' ...[ I think the vampire kid?]

And then the third time she was choked to unconsciousness was by Travis. :liar: :liar: :liar:

She is either might unlucky or really unpopular.

...musn't forget the 4th time she was knocked out in T's bathroom after hearing a ring and when she came to there were two ninja like....ummm forgot...that time was a lie. :blushing:

...fogs are better than unconsciousness anyway; you can get many more tasks checked off ur honey-do list....laundry, floor scrubbing, killing & dragging, yet still be able fit in a long country drive before waking up!

Hi KCL - heard you and Wendy Murphy on the show tonight - well the last half hour. It was great! I'm going to catch the first half b4 i go to sleep.

I think it's wonderful all the support you are sending TA's family - I'm sure it means a lot since they know you have an inkling of what they are going through.

Thank you for sharing your observations from the court room! I've been following the live stream as much as one with a day job can. Now that I've found these threads I feel like I can get a much more complete picture.

...musn't forget the 4th time she was knocked out in T's bathroom after hearing a ring and when she came to there were two ninja like....ummm forgot...that time was a lie. :blushing:

...fogs are better than unconsciousness anyway; you can get many more tasks checked off ur honey-do list....laundry, floor scrubbing, killing & dragging, yet still be able fit in a long country drive before waking up!

:floorlaugh:

I enjoyed it! You were all great and interesting! :beats:

Alyce better show up tomorrow - why do I feel nervous? I'm afraid the DT will pull a fast one. I hope I'm wrong...:(

I think she was going to flee the country. Canadian border? If she got caught with a gun or even only the ammo at the Mexican border she'd be in jail in less time than it takes dudes to spin her around. Sheriff Joes place would seem like the Four Seasons in comparison :jail:

She gets caught at the border or anywhere in Canada with a handgun and she goes to jail in a nanosecond and her gun is confiscated too. Too bad, so sad, her license means nothing here. She does not have the constitutional right to bare arms in my country.

Going to set the DVR for tomorrow. Wish I could be here with you guys when it starts. Hate to wish the day away (hear we're finally getting warm weather!), but I cannot wait to get home from work.
My thoughts and prayers are with Travis and his family. Bless you, Mr. Martinez.

Ah, but do you have a swamp cooler? I do (and live in NM). I love my swamp cooler! Give me some humidity in the dry heat and I'm just lovin' it! It's like a fine, cool mist on my skin. :seeya: And I love the climate here, though it gets pretty high-altitude cold during the winter.

Only problem is that here those things are useless during monsoon season

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah it's suspect she killed the family dog . I'm sure her parents were afraid of her. I wonder how her grandparents got along with her hmmmm

I suspect that her grandparent's were naive, as grandparents can sometimes be, and let her walk all over them. I feel sorry for them. From the claims of robbery of guns and just all around cray cray.

Lol I see you on this thread and thought I was at the observation thread. I had to scroll to the top to see where I was. I thought my hippocampus slipped into a fog.

BG5pLGxCYAAxi7u.jpg

Thanks very much!

BBM I completely agree. Mr Martinez caught her out on this too while she was on the stand, when she was recounting her previous relationships and he kept on highlighting how In each one of her narratives, she herself was never the one to blame.

Mr. Martinez should be able to convince the jury come rebuttal. IMO the most damning evidence was Arias herself, she gave away thousands of minuscule details that otherwise would have been undetectable about her pattern of behaviour. As trial watchers it is easy to pick out her strange mannerisms and such, but if anything, I am glad the jury also got to see a glimpse of it as well.

You mean like...It was his gun, it wasn't loaded, there was no ammunition, oh-I-forgot-it-had-a-holster, I don't remember if it was in the holster, oh-I-remember he took it out once and left with it, so - it may have been loaded, and of course - no one knew about it because it was (not allowed to say but implied) his father's/grandfather's gun (you pick)?

That is a very busy gun. Especially if you consider that it was also stolen the week before from the very house that she was leeching (I mean living) in!

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member