weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #139

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way I could have ever felt sorry for ALV is if this was something she was tricked into and accidentally ended up on national TV.

She knew full well she was going to be on the witness stand, that's what she was hired for. If you are going to step into the public eye on this type of a case you had BETTER have your big girl panties on. AND YOUR PHONE SHUT OFF for the love of Mike. :facepalm:

Big girl panties or some spiderman undies for women.

Did you all notice when she said something that was not in favor of the DT, the next day after meeting with JW, she always wanted to give an explanation or claim she misspoke about it?

Funny how that works, isn't it? Samuels did the same thing. They would conveniently remember later on that they "misspoke". And funny how they both "misspoke" about the exact same things.

That sums it up pretty well. I think she was given that text message to read first, and after that there was going to be no changing her mind.

Jumping off your post...

ALV testified in court that it took her time to convince JA it was DV? To me, it seems like the "expert" went into the interview with an agenda and the DV abuse defense was born.

I can give her some slack when she testified to not having all the information provided to her by the defense, but once Juan provided her with the info, I just can't wrap my head around her being so stubborn. Not just stubborn, she threw the victim and his family under the bus, and stood by the lying defendant. All, on the word of a known liar. She knew JA had been lying and was a killer.

Even with the jury questions, she still couldn't admit she may have made a mistake...some kind of mistake. Then, she blatantly lied about testifying FOR men in court. Will the court sanction her? She was admonished so many times. I wonder if this is why she is being asked to come back?

If she is coming back because of being upset about the media's attention, then why in the world would she go to the restaurant the media goes to every night...just last night!

i don't get it? Why would she risk everything for JA? Is it ego? She formed an opinion and refuses to acknowledge that she was wrong?

Sorry for the rant/questions. ALV has me so confused. WHY? Why would these experts testify and throw their careers in the toilet? They can't believe their own testimony, can they?

And, I feel it's important to transcend labels such as man and woman...I think it's a human issue, and by that I mean human females, but only in the context of their humanity, which, I can explain, in the big picture, if you'll refer to my chart.

:floorlaugh:

KCL has a hunch but won't say. Since it will be heard in front of the jury, it probably relates to testimony. Some say it's related to the motion of Prosecutorial Misconduct (witness intimidation, interference by way of social media, etc.) but I can't get a sense that anybody actually knows. She just needs to be available Monday or Tuesday, judge very adamant about that. Theories regarding perjury largely discredited by all of WS lawyers.

It's no big secret to the folks immediately involved. It's just not known to the public since the electronic docket doesn't reflect it. I'm sure the family and the media know what it's about -- especially since the media will be testifying. Why aren't the peeps in the know just spitting it out??

so did JW actually lose it in court today? I saw the video and all I could hear was her laughing toward the end and the judge giving a 10 minute recess.

She indicated today, if I heard right, that that late May text/email "rant" alone was enough to convince her Travis was an abuser, even if Jodi lied about all the physical abuse.
I certainly have not participated in any of the ALV 'cyber bullying' however it's hard for me to have much sympathy for her. She, in a court of law, under oath, on national TV in defense of a woman who brutally butchered someone stated that in her opinion TA was guilty of domestic violence and masterbating to pictures of young boys.

She is accused (granted, in some cases not so nicely) of at best, being naive and gullible at worst, being a sell out.

She's still alive to defend herself - Travis is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMeDeb
Just seems to me ALV's arrogance allow her to believe she can just do what she wants.

- Speaks over Judge when there is an objection
- Admits to lying on the stand
- Approaches a member of the victim's family
- Asks to use the bathroom in the middle of testimony
- Gets on the stand but forgets to bring her glasses

Did i miss anything?

Also the ringing cell phone going off from her purse the other day! Doh!!

It's true that we don't know who's asking the juror questions, so there could be DT friendly jurors, but if you're someone who's not engaged nor confident enough to ask a question, you're probably not going to be all that influential in the deliberations neither.

That^^^ is what I am counting on. It seems like there are some very vocal and intelligent and articulate jurors who are seeing Juan's side of things.

Oh, and welcome back. :angel: lol

This morning, peeps were discussing whether she was medicated or not. IMO, she was highly sedated. At one point, I started to wonder if she was going to have a full meltdown in court. She really looked like she was going to lose it.

I for one wish she had to sit there with NO meds but a TASER shot every 30 min

What? For realz?

That must be one strange class... actually I wouldn't mind attending it so long as it's free.

picture.php

And that whole "if Jodi was a good liar she would have thought up a better lie," BS was so rehearsed it was comical. Just because she's a liar doesn't mean she's a smart liar.

Is it a sin to wish that I had the remote control for that shocker belt just for a minute or so?? Please ....just one little push of the button...

Yes.

Because ALV knows her stuff, just not as specific as JM wants them to be.

It's like the DT and state are on 2 different playing fields.

I wholeheartedly could not disagree more with the first sentence of this post.

Jumping off your post...

ALV testified in court that it took her time to convince JA it was DV? To me, it seems like the "expert" went into the interview with an agenda and the DV abuse defense was born.

I can give her some slack when she testified to not having all the information provided to her by the defense, but once Juan provided her with the info, I just can't wrap my head around her being so stubborn. Not just stubborn, she threw the victim and his family under the bus, and stood by the lying defendant. All, on the word of a known liar. She knew JA had been lying and was a killer.

Even with the jury questions, she still couldn't admit she may have made a mistake...some kind of mistake. Then, she blatantly lied about testifying FOR men in court. Will the court sanction her? She was admonished so many times. I wonder if this is why she is being asked to come back?

If she is coming back because of being upset about the media's attention, then why in the world would she go to the restaurant the media goes to every night...just last night!

i don't get it? Why would she risk everything for JA? Is it ego? She formed an opinion and refuses to acknowledge that she was wrong?

Sorry for the rant/questions. ALV has me so confused. WHY? Why would these experts testify and throw their careers in the toilet? They can't believe their own testimony, can they?

Great post! I have most of the same questions. I'm kind of resigned to not having them answered at this point, myself.

I certainly have not participated in any of the ALV 'cyber bullying' however it's hard for me to have much sympathy for her. She, in a court of law, under oath, on national TV in defense of a woman who brutally butchered someone stated that in her opinion TA was guilty of domestic violence and masterbating to pictures of young boys.

She is accused (granted, in some cases not so nicely) of at best, being naive and gullible at worst, being a sell out.

She's still alive to defend herself - Travis is not.

I don't think she or anyone is entitled to tell people what they can say on facebook or twitter (or websleuths) but if people are contacting her, her website, her friends or professional associates, that is ridiculous and should stop.

It's no big secret to the folks immediately involved. It's just not known to the public since the electronic docket doesn't reflect it. I'm sure the family and the media know what it's about -- especially since the media will be testifying. Why aren't the peeps in the know just spitting it out??

I think everyone is nervous about spitting out anything anywhere since there is so much tension concerning Mistrial Motions etc. :eek:

I am guessing it is about the 'circus atmosphere' clause of the 4/7 Mistrial Motion. Right?

All I see is her lips/jaw coming together and then parting slightly like she usually holds her mouth. I see no word(s) being said at all.

I see "jerk." The first time I watched it, I thought the same as you. But I watched it again, and you can see her lips forming the j.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azouheir