weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #139

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She clearly doesn't know when to accept that a RELATIONSHIP is over. Having RELATIONS (sex) is not a RELATIONSHIP! she thinks because she's talking on the phone with you, or letting you in her backdoor, she's in a relationship with these men. People have casual sex with no strings, friends with benefits arrangements like nothing these days. The fact that she refuses to see the difference is the reason why she continues to act out in her relationships (confronting, evil letters, stalking, slashing tires, hacking into private business..etc) I'm going to assume that she had no girlfriends to talk to because someone would surely have given her a clue.
I don't think it would have mattered how many girlfriends JA had. JA only does what JA wants to do, IMO.

IMHO -- She was testing Flores, as I think at this point she was so sure the camera was destroyed and forgot about the SD card. So she wanted to see the photos to see if Flores was just playing/leading/lying to her to see if she would confess. After all, I think she was pretty sure she had gotten away with it. She NEEDED to see the pics to see if they could put her there, and If they did have pics -- as she thought at this point she had out-smarten them when she put the camera in the Washer.

She needed to see *proof* if they had pics -- so then after that her story changed. She also might be a bit morbid too. But she was working Flores in her sweet little voice.

She thought they were buffing, so she wanted them to show their cards (photos). She was being Calculative!!

moo

I think her putting the camera in the washing machine was an accident. I believe she was trying to find it and ran out of time, knowing the roommates would be home soon.
MOO

(snipped)

Just slogging through the stuff that didn't seem to make a difference..aka sex..just was really hard. So much seem to cover the bottom line. Or they tried to.

Kaddy says... :what:

"It feels like I am immersed in semantics for the last 50 days."

Perfectly said!
:clap:

Of course I know what the definition of battery is. So does ALV. It seems that people do not yet understand psychological abuse. It makes me sad because the ground breaking work on this, as perhaps the most devastating aspect of abuse, was done 20 and 30 years ago by people like Lenore Walker, Patricia Evans, and Judith Herman and others.

You can be battered psychologically ALV said--that's one step above abuse and one step below terrorism on her continuum.

It changes your brain chemistry, among other things. That is what PTSD is all about.

ALV said that there is a lot of new work being done on psychological abuse now and a lot of books in the works.

No matter what you think about this case, I hope that every woman learns about these things because it truly can destroy your life and the lives of your children.

IMO

Trust me, I know the devastating impacts psychological/emotional abuse can have on a person. And I was not grown woman with children at the time. I was a little girl and I grew up that way. It can be even more devastating because that's a time when you are still growing and your experiences are affecting who you will be forever. It has ruined my life. I'll never be who I was meant to be.

Jodi was definitely psychologically abusing Travis and it was getting to him. I am certain of it.

My guess is that she's hoping for a hung jury.

I don't think she'll get her wish though.

I don't understand what good a hung jury would do. Won't they just re-try her?

IMHO -- She was testing Flores, as I think at this point she was so sure the camera was destroyed and forgot about the SD card. So she wanted to see the photos to see if Flores was just playing/leading/lying to her to see if she would confess. After all, I think she was pretty sure she had gotten away with it. She NEEDED to see the pics to see if they could put her there, and If they did have pics -- as she thought at this point she had out-smarten them when she put the camera in the Washer.

She needed to see *proof* if they had pics -- so then after that her story changed. She also might be a bit morbid too. But she was working Flores in her sweet little voice.

She thought they were buffing, so she wanted them to show their cards (photos). She was being Calculative!!

moo

I believe it also indicates her familiarity with criminal activity. She knew detectives will lie during interrogation to try and get the perp to give something up. She wanted to see exactly what DF had on her. She also needed to develop a cover story to match evidence in the photos.

JA fears nothing.

I don't think Juan will go any further with this shelf thing. It's merely giving credence to an event that didn't happen. He dropped his hint that the shelves would not have held her weight and I think he will leave it that. IMO

It wouldn't surprise ME if the DT had watched HLN After Dark, forced the issue, conducted the tests - and the shelf didn't hold! Now they have to file a motion to keep it OUT! :floorlaugh:

She was asking to see the crime scene photos of Travis' wounds. If I remember correctly, "morbid curiousity" was her reasoning. In my opinion, she wanted to, once again, admire her handiwork.

I don't remember seeing/hearing her ask for the pics she shot. Flores had already a pretty good job convincing her that he'd seen them LOL and, yes, Jodi we know it was you ... LOL

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member