weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHO DOES THAT? Who gets on the stand, day number whatever, and does not turn of their cell phone first? It's not like it was her first day in the courtroom and she was unfamiliar with the protocol.

FGS Anybody who goes to traffic court knows better. She is touted as an expert witness??

I was more struck by the fact that whoever was calling her didn't realize she was testifying in the biggest trial in the states since FCA. lol

Flores interrogation tape! (Jodie said to her dad) that she and Travis were going to get married. Cracked me up she actually, Asked detective flores if she could take a lie detector test! Would it help her.
Delusional lol

I have heard that a psychopath like Jodi would be able to pass a lie detector test because when you have no feelings or empathy, there is nothing for the polygraph test to pick up on. (like anxiety)[/QUOTE]

Exactly and sociopaths always think they can pass lie detector tests. That's the only reason one who is guilty would volunteer it.

someone thought of this, I can't take th credit, but it sure makes sense:

Jodi's phone was full because she was saving messages to set Travis up. ALSO while Travis was in the shower I should say every time he was in the shower jodi probably took his phone and sent herself text messages to make it look like it came from his phone which of course it did, but not from Travis, then deleted all his sent messages,because one of the text messages they read in court Travis said "did you use my phone last night" jodi said " no why?" he followed with " oh nothing never mind" jodi was setting Travis up for some time now.

BBM

Nice idea but there would be time stamps on the text messages that would correlate to the photographic time stamps when TA was alive and in the shower, negating the possibility that TA had sent them. I'm sure the Detective Flores or JM would have noticed this. Oh, perhaps this is true and they are saving it maybe for rebuttal?

I found the article ALV wrote for the Women's Studies Encyclopedia, it's titled "Battered Husband Syndrome (and Other Tall Tales)".

In it she says "a woman's violence does not create a battered husband syndrome."

:what:

I am disgusted with ALV. Absolutely disgusted.

I am disgusted, but strangely, GRATEFUL. What do we know now, because of ALV?

--- The Manifesto. New territory, but very fertile ground, I bet.

---The knife was on the bed stand. I think Juan will build on this.

---Jodi never complained about sexual degradation. There goes Nurmi's contribution.

---Jodi said she thought the gun was unloaded, confirmed by ALV..

---Jodi remembers pulling that trigger, confirmed by ALV...

---Jodi might have said that the *advertiser censored* was on the computer, which is a lie...

---Just because Jodi lied, it does not mean she is a liar...

---Psych tests, like Samuels uses, are unreliable...

So What else did ALV teach us ?

She came clean by admitting to murder and then by taking the stand and admitting to murder. Of course she is still lying about what happened that day.

she hasn't admitted to murder. she's saying she only killed him to defend herself. she thinks she should walk out a free woman and if they believe it was self defense, she will.

so no, she didn't admit to murder.

oh, and let me add she ONLY admitted to killing him because the evidence that she did it was insurmountable. but she's doing the exact same thing she's been trying to do since june 4, 2008-----get away with murder.

I got the impression that ALV had a doctor appt Monday and didn't want to come on Tues because what if she had to go for tests...JSS didn't want to hear about her personal problems...just plan to there as she was under subpoena. Personally I hope she doesn't show up and they go get her and drag her to court in handcuffs!:blushing:

The level of defiance on the part of Ms. La Violette is simply mind-boggling! Who in their right mind would ever think about going head-to-head with the Judge for something this trivial? ALV is a control freak, just like her 'client'. This was not the murder trial of Jodi Arias - it was the Alyce La Violette show.

I found this clip, don't know if its been posted. And keep in mind this only happened because the judge sent everyone home early because JA claimed a migraine. This is the local news originator, it was HLN that made it national & edited.

How the 12 News story on Juan Martinez originated

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2261149720001
After a 12 news story on prosecutor Juan Martinez and his fan base is entered into evidence on a prosecutorial-misconduct hearing during the Jodi Arias trial, 12 news explains why the story was really done.

The entire post as I found it on a FB page for TA:

With all the “controversy” over Jean Casarez reporting on the video of Juan Martinez signing autographs, etc. outside the court house, I’m posting a link from “12 NEWS” who ORIGINALLY made the video!!!

It is clear, HLN used this video in a misleading way!!!

They showed “parts” of the video to mislead the public into thinking MARTINEZ was outside like a “rock star” to further their NEGATIVITY against Martinez!!

Jean Casarez even spewed comments that her concern was if a juror happened to see Juan outside signing autographs, etc LOL

Grace Wong is a producer for CNN/HLN.

She is the one whom the Judge ordered to be in court Monday morning, April 15th.

The judge told her (Grace Wong) that she could have her attorney present if needed.

I’m sure the cameras will be present and those who watch the trial LIVE STREAM will be able to see what this is all about.

It’s a HEARING where the jury will not be present. And, I’m also sure HLN will NOT be showing it!!

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2261149720001

regarding ALV and character assassination

I find her insistence that TA was committing "Character Assassination" in regards to JA ridiculous and very telling.

Character assassination is defined as the slandering of a person usually with the intention of destroying public confidence in that person. Even if TA called JA every name in the book to her face or via text or pony express, that is NOT what character assassination is. That would be considered verbal abuse maybe and for sure name calling.

<respectfully snipped for context>

ITA. The fact that she took a very specific term--character assassination--and redefined its essential meaning (which is to defame someone publicly), is completely unacceptable. This would be a severe error for anyone to make, but especially when one holds them self out to be an expert. I've looked on several psychological websites and character assassination is always referred to with a "public" element.

It would be like an officer getting up on the stand and saying, "Oh,no...you can have an assault when the perpetrator didn't intend it, in fact many assaults are unintentional." Uh, no, you cannot, since intent is actually an element of the crime.

:banghead::banghead:

I've said this before, but my 6'2" 220lb SO was abused by his ex partner, she only stabbed him but was trying for his neck, he is lucky to be alive IMO, two of her ex's committed suicide (at her house of course, even though in one case he had to drive over there to do it when she was 'out' ???). She set fire to another ex's entire belongings, everything he ever owned in his life. All the photos, the lot. None of these men reported a thing to the police, not even once. I think the only reason it's open knowledge is because they all came together to support my partner so that he could make the break after the stabbing, as she always accused the men of being abusers and had taken out 5 AVO's on 5 different men in the past, and got many of them charged with assault. If it looked like any of her 'relationships' were ending, she always accused the men of domestic violence and threatened them with 'exposure' some of those cases made it to court, at least one man was convicted.

When I started seeing my SO many of the women around town told me he was a 'woman basher' based on her lies, he has never even yelled at me. I knew it was lies, but he has had to live with the character assassination for a long time and it still hurts him. If he had ever tried to defend himself against her she would have had him up on charges. She told people he stabbed himself, and people took her word over his, until it was pointed out to them that some of the injuries were impossible to self inflict.

That's why women like ALV are so dangerous ... they are so willing to see things only one way, I have no doubt that she has hurt a lot of men during her career who were actually victims themselves, but she couldn't see it. Or simply refused to.

bbm.

I completely agree.

:hug::heartbeat: for you and your SO.

Thanks for the link. After watching this report and JM's respect to the people he works for in the State of AZ, it tells how desperate the DT is to ask for a mistrial if they cite this as an excuse.

HLN's editing is offensive of this video. They need to keep it honest and they didn't.

Great clip....thanks again.

:seeya: Jumping off your post here :

BBM: HLN is losing a lot of credibility, IMO ... that "new show" they have on with their riduculous re-enactments relating to the trial is an "epic fail", IMO !

Their ratings were probably average before this trial started ... and of course when a high profile trial starts, the rating go up and up ... and unfortunately, HLN is really the only game in town covering this trial on a full-time basis ...

So, IMO, they will do anything for ratings and to keep those ratings, which is more viewers and more $$$$$ ...

HLN does not care if justice is served, with the exception of a couple of the talk show hosts like Nancy and Beth ...

What HLN is more interested in is viewers and $$$$$, and IMO they will do anything to get a story, even is it means interfering with the justice system !

IMO, HLN needs to stick to the REAL FACTS and put an end to their "non-sense" for ratings ...

They KNOW better !

:moo:

Agree that she made a stealth trip but I also think she broke into the house somehow.

The first nude picture of Travis in bed with his leg bent doesn't look like a pose and in the other photo, his hand was actually up as if to block her shot.

She had to have known what time the roommate(s) would be returning because she was trying to get out quickly while also trying to get rid of her prints. Amazing that the only print she left behind was that bloody palm print which she forgot about in her haste because she wiped down surfaces she touched and was careful not to touch many things.

Were it not for the bloody palm print, the camera and those clumps of her hair poor Travis probably ripped out of her head, she wouldn't have been nailed as quickly.

Of course, being so egocentric, she probably still would have repeatedly contacted Det. Flores and his spidey sense would have gone off the charts and he would've had her anyway.

And you know ... we don't know that they actually had sex. Just her word. We don't know for sure if Travis, feeling the way he felt about her "scamming" him may not have wanted to or he couldn't do it and that ticked her off because sex was her last hold on him.

Wish we knew what happened.

Agree with your post, especially about Travis' pics. And, I don't think he had a clue she was on her way there.

I am in the camp which thinks it highly unlikely he had sex with JA. In part because those photos are all wrong, as is a whole lot else.

We know that JA does take a little truth and wildly twist it for her malignant purposes. In the "Ninja" story there is some truth, only JA is both Ninjas, showing JA remembers ALL.

It occurred to me that the "rope" story came into JA's last version, not just as a cover for why she had access to the knife, but because she may have used a rope to restrain him for all those hours unaccounted for between 1:44pm or so, and the forced shower photos at 5:22pm.

Yes, I wish we knew what happened.

lol. She did throw that in there. I felt like she was criticizing him for a lot of random things. She kept mentioning his lack of money. Didn't go over well with me. It was like she was saying it was part of his deception.

She WAS saying it was part of his deception. She said he projected the image of being financially successful but actually wasn't, referencing the fact that he allegedly borrowed money from others.

I agree with all that :) My originial post was asking about what that question could be. I've no clue. At first I wondered if he was going to make some kind of time out comment but I think there's more to it than this.

Maybe "this" is why the Judge ordered ALV back in Court Monday? I can't wait to find out what foolish, dumb, false, stupid thing she said, BESIDES ALL of her testimony, that would land her in such deep trouble. Karma's coming for you...

I've been thinking about ALV and her testimony yesterday a lot...as so many others apparently.

Trying to understand her complete inability to remain even remotely objective. Some I think was pure power struggle with JM, she had decided before she got on the plane he was going to push her around.

But what really sticks is it appeared to me that JM was going to shove the crime scene or autopsy photos up at the very end. TA's family looked devastated, Sam was literally bawling and they had just come out of chambers.

His last question (if I remember correctly) was something like 'if you learn of new evidence, even years from now, would that change your assessment'. After her ususal no response I was stunned when he just said I have no more. Did he mean no more for Friday? I assumed he's done with her.

Anyway, perhaps the DT really have withheld the majority of facts from her???

From what she says, the DT retained ALV to testify to Jodi being abused. They did not approach ALV with 'Talk to her and see what you think'.

Just like Nurmi AND Dr Samuels directed Jodi to stop with the ninja story.

My point is the DT contrived a defense and found ALV to recite what they wanted.

There is an unwritten professional 'blue wall of silence'. I wonder if Dr Samuels and ALV have worked on the same case in the past. How was ALV retained?

ITA. The fact that she took a very specific term--character assassination--and redefined its essential meaning (which is to defame someone publicly), is completely unacceptable. This would be a severe error for anyone to make, but especially when one holds them self out to be an expert. I've looked on several psychological websites and character assassination is always referred to with a "public" element.

It would be like an officer getting up on the stand and saying, "Oh,no...you can have an assault when the perpetrator didn't intend it, in fact many assaults are unintentional." Uh, no, you cannot, since intent is actually an element of the crime.

:banghead::banghead:

Jumping off your post, I thought the biggest mistake about bringing up "character assassination" was not redefining to suit her purposes, but having the jury and everybody else think, isn't that what you just did to Travis?

I am disgusted, but strangely, GRATEFUL. What do we know now, because of ALV?

--- The Manifesto. New territory, but very fertile ground, I bet.

---The knife was on the bed stand. I think Juan will build on this.

---Jodi never complained about sexual degradation. There goes Nurmi's contribution.

---Jodi said she thought the gun was unloaded, confirmed by ALV..

---Jodi remembers pulling that trigger, confirmed by ALV...

---Jodi might have said that the *advertiser censored* was on the computer, which is a lie...

---Just because Jodi lied, it does not mean she is a liar...

---Psych tests, like Samuels uses, are unreliable...

So What else did ALV teach us ?
Bolded in red to address these two issues.

These two statements are contradictory. Who aims an unloaded gun and pulls the trigger? Isn't the purpose of pulling the trigger to fire the weapon?

:waitasec:

MOO

OT sorry....can anyone help me remember the name of the oh so clever guy posting funny JodiArias reports? He gets Ls & Rs reversed. Wanted to pass it on but durn brain, she no good sometime. Thanks much!

(Wendy Lonker's YouTube sendup of Nancy Grace is hysterical too in case anyone has 't seen it)

Is it this guy? I stumbled onto him last night. Funny!:floorlaugh:
MoxieFaceMovie

I've said this before, but my 6'2" 220lb SO was abused by his ex partner, she only stabbed him but was trying for his neck, he is lucky to be alive IMO, two of her ex's committed suicide (at her house of course, even though in one case he had to drive over there to do it when she was 'out' ???). She set fire to another ex's entire belongings, everything he ever owned in his life. All the photos, the lot. None of these men reported a thing to the police, not even once. I think the only reason it's open knowledge is because they all came together to support my partner so that he could make the break after the stabbing, as she always accused the men of being abusers and had taken out 5 AVO's on 5 different men in the past, and got many of them charged with assault. If it looked like any of her 'relationships' were ending, she always accused the men of domestic violence and threatened them with 'exposure' some of those cases made it to court, at least one man was convicted.

When I started seeing my SO many of the women around town told me he was a 'woman basher' based on her lies, he has never even yelled at me. I knew it was lies, but he has had to live with the character assassination for a long time and it still hurts him. If he had ever tried to defend himself against her she would have had him up on charges. She told people he stabbed himself, and people took her word over his, until it was pointed out to them that some of the injuries were impossible to self inflict.

That's why women like ALV are so dangerous ... they are so willing to see things only one way, I have no doubt that she has hurt a lot of men during her career who were actually victims themselves, but she couldn't see it. Or simply refused to.

ETA: this was not a single event, and not with any of her other partners either, it was systematic, she ruined their jobs and many of them ended up 'stay at home' husbands, she ruined their reputations, destroyed their self esteem, and reported them and their families to the tax department and other such things. Isolation was only step one.

If that's not husband battery I don't know what is ...

Wow...just wow. What a horrific and thoroughly believable story. My heart goes out to your SO.

From what she says, the DT retained ALV to testify to Jodi being abused. They did not approach ALV with 'Talk to her and see what you think'.

Just like Nurmi AND Dr Samuels directed Jodi to stop with the ninja story.

My point is the DT contrived a defense and found ALV to recite what they wanted.

There is an unwritten professional 'blue wall of silence'. I wonder if Dr Samuels and ALV have worked on the same case in the past. How was ALV retained?

She was "retained" after everybody else said no effing way...Google it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamadeadhead