weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a distinct possibility. The other is that the articles did say she got one call serious enough to call the police. It's probably both.

WoooooooooooooW.. Not good... That is really bad..

I don't want harm to come to her.. I just want her to start acting like a professional therapist and not this "whatever" she is doing on the stand that embarrassing the profession of Mental Health especially in the area of Domestic Violence and Stalking.

JMHO

I don't mind the trial coverage, in fact I like it for the most part. I work a lot and I can catch up or hear what the TH's' are saying while reading what really happened here :).

When they interject themselves into the trial as Jean (whom I do not like) did, then I have a problem with it. Just cover the trial, discuss the days happenings, even the silly After Dark is fine but please do not try to cause a mistrial or stir the pot for ratings. This is a Death Penalty case, they are not involved, so stay out.

Just report and do what you do. We have a man murdered and a (don't have a word for her, yes I do but won't say it) on trial facing the death penalty. This is not ratings week!

Totally agree with you: Just report. Real trial coverage is great, but HLN's tarted up coverage and constant interrupting for commercials is awful.

Mostly I try and catch up on youtube or here, and miss the other. If they are going to have TH's, why don't they have people like Beth Karas, who add to the understanding of fine points, rather than mostly airheads, who interject as you said, or just give out misinformation and nonsense. Few of these so called TV experts seem to have any sense of the gravity of this trial.

Didn't she have two cameras when she "stopped by" to see Travis? I get so confused by all her stories I can't keep them straight. I'm almost positive she had at least one camera with her -- didn't she say they allegedly made a sex video on her camera because they couldn't figure out how to record on Travis'?

Yes! I remember that, too but I can't place it on the timeline. She also said that he couldn't record on his phone so she made the recordings.

She said they did make a video but I can't remember if she said it was with his new camera or with hers or ... we need flash cards.

I remember that. Is that the only one she had? She was so concerned about it.

I wonder what else they found in her little storage unit? I wonder what she needed a storage unit for anyway? She was like a flea jumping from dog to dog. She didn't have anything of her own.

She told Det. Flores that Travis let her store stuff at his house because she'd moved "from a house to a room." I assume the house is the one she shared with Darryl B. She said she had art supplies, paintings, lots and lots of books, etc.

I'm like you -- I thought she traveled light, so to speak. But her grandparents sure didn't have room for a lot of stuff (read: junk) and I don't suppose she'd want to leave things at her parents' house (you know what snoops THEY are :eyeroll:).

Quote:
12-2203. Admissibility of expert opinion testimony

A. In a civil or criminal action, only a qualified witness may offer expert opinion testimony regarding scientific, technical or other specialized knowledge and the testimony is admissible if the court determines that all of the following apply:
1. The witness is qualified to offer an opinion as an expert on the subject matter based on knowledge, skill, experience, training or education.
2. The opinion will assist the trier of fact in understanding the evidence or determining a fact in issue.
3. The opinion is based on sufficient facts and data.
4. The opinion is the product of reliable principles and methods.
5. The witness reliably applies the principles and methods to the facts of the case.

B. The court shall consider the following factors, if applicable, in determining whether the expert testimony is admissible pursuant to subsection A:
1. Whether the expert opinion and its basis have been or can be tested. Nothing ALV can be tested
2. Whether the expert opinion and its basis have been subjected to peer reviewed publications. No Peer Review
3. The known or potential rate of error of the expert opinion and its basis.
4. The degree to which the expert opinion and its basis are generally accepted in the scientific community. Dubious

Different standards are used in several states. FL used Frye (if you saw any of the Casey Anthony hearings) and AZ has as of Jan 2012 changed to Daubert. They may be in process of changing again though, as I understand it. Here is the statute covering it:

Well I copied and pasted Section B of your post because she sure didn't live up to that standard to qualify as "an expert".

JMHO

Didn't she have two cameras when she "stopped by" to see Travis? I get so confused by all her stories I can't keep them straight. I'm almost positive she had at least one camera with her -- didn't she say they allegedly made a sex video on her camera because they couldn't figure out how to record on Travis'?

IKWYM! My head spins trying to figure out her lies! Now that about the video I don't remember, just the interrogation tape. Should we both rewatch the pertinent video to find out the answers? :what::floorlaugh:

Maybe a little off topic but tonight on the Lifetime channel they are airing a movie called "Stalkers". Might be good to compare the Jode to what they plan to show!

Thank you so much for this post! I hadn't looked at the Lifetime schedule for today and will post this on the TV shows board here at WS now. Looks like the movie is based on the real case of a female stalker.

Tonight at 8:00PM (EDT) on Lifetime:

Stalkers (TV 2013)

Revolves around a criminal prosecutor who penned the law on stalking in California and is based on the true story of a hot-head cop and polished district attorney who team to bring a stalker obsessed with her former lover to justice.

Thanks for the heads up on the movie "Stalkers".

Attending a music festival the easy way online. There's also a youtube link.
COACHELLA MUSIC FESTIVAL LIVE
http://www.coachella.com/

WoooooooooooooW.. Not good... That is really bad..

I don't want harm to come to her.. I just want her to start acting like a professional therapist and not this "whatever" she is doing on the stand that embarrassing the profession of Mental Health especially in the area of Domestic Violence and Stalking.

JMHO

ITA. What is the point of threatening her? It's one thing to write nasty reviews of her books, and another to threaten physical harm. I don't wish her ill either. For one thing, I think she's lost her storied reputation, which was really the only thing she DID have. And she's 65. It's going to be tough to recover at that age. In your twenties or thirties, you can start over. But not now.

Do you think she knows Jodi/Mom tried to sell forged letters to the National Enquirer? Maybe she does but if THAT didn't give her pause I suppose nothing would.

Also the Motion Jodi filed after the State refused her plea offer, basically threatening to destroy TA's reputation, his family, friends AND church??? Do you think she's seen that?? Only the devil 'ITself would write that piece of garbage. I can only imagine what the Judge thought. No wonder JM *hates* this woman.

She SHOULD know these things.

MOO

double v (vv) looks pretty much like w...

(I always notice that when I type "s a v v y" - and it looks like "sawy"!) :facepalm:

I had a key that didn't work. Try this:
Highlight a w in any text.
"control c" to copy
"control v" to paste whenever you want a w

hth

Yes! I remember that, too but I can't place it on the timeline. She also said that he couldn't record on his phone so she made the recordings.

She said they did make a video but I can't remember if she said it was with his new camera or with hers or ... we need flash cards.

I actually tried to put some relevant info on a spreadsheet (no, I don't have a life). There was sooooo much information, from sooooo many sources, and so many contradictory stories, it was just hopeless. I gave up after a couple of hours.

I don't think it is true. I don't think the defense can file for a mistrial for this issue. I think it's getting confused with the fact that next week there is (a) a hearing for motion for mistrial about JM's photo-op incident (at least that's what everyone assumes it's about) and (b) ALV was told in no uncertain terms to return next week about an "issue." Nobody knows what it is.

Thank you!

Yes. She had more than one camera. Travis' friends have said on NG and DD that sometimes she would show up with her "big camera" and make everyone crazy with the constant picture taking and there have been photos of her with a smaller P&S.

So whatever happened with the camera in her storage locker? She talked about it during interrogation, haven't heard anything since then.

is this fact or fiction? if it's fact any idea where it came from? TIA

It has been reported that the defense team had been turned down by other experts. ALV was not their first choice.

MOO since I do not have a link.

:)

I went back and watched part of JM's cross of AVl on April 9. There was a section where he was outlining JA's stalking tendencies in her previous relationships with BJuarez and MMcCartney. Wilmott made a lot of objections when Juan was talking about how after breaking up, JA moved to Medford after Bobby moved to Medford ( that's where she eventually met Matt). So I went back and reviewed JA's direct (YouTube, croaker queen day 13 part5-6) re: the Bobby relationship and it IS SO CREEPY. She really did hound Bobby and traipse around after him, even going so far as to move to another city where he had moved AFTER their break up. Just like she did with Travis! It was only when she had Matt to glom on to that she let Bobby alone, it seems. Lucky Bobby.

I always thought it so awkward and weird that she took up with Bobby's roommate, MM. Of all the guys in the world, why him? That is stalkerish as well.

Does anyone know which law schools the lawyers in this case went to?

Thanks!

I don't mind the trial coverage, in fact I like it for the most part. I work a lot and I can catch up or hear what the TH's' are saying while reading what really happened here :).

When they interject themselves into the trial as Jean (whom I do not like) did, then I have a problem with it. Just cover the trial, discuss the days happenings, even the silly After Dark is fine but please do not try to cause a mistrial or stir the pot for ratings. This is a Death Penalty case, they are not involved, so stay out.

Just report and do what you do. We have a man murdered and a (don't have a word for her, yes I do but won't say it) on trial facing the death penalty. This is not ratings week!

I don't like After Dark, either. I watched the first episode and was bored out of my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisy24