weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last thing I'd heard, MM has left the country! That, or he's in some sort of witness protection programme. He is definitely not anywhere that's traceable on the internet...NOT a small feat!

moo

He also supposedly posted on that alternate universe site that he had a family now and they came first. So I wonder, if push came to shove, just which way he would jump?

And then she wrote in her journal that Travis was suicidal in February and wanted to get a gun .

Right - February 2008, several months or a year after finding the gun and whatever other BS she said about Travis loading the gun and taking it somewhere.

this has probably already been posted before...

In the trial laviollette has testified about arias not writing negative things in her journal (in the period leading up to the killing) because of arias following of the "law of attraction"...

But i just noticed on arias blog - specifically her entry from may 4, 2008 (just one month before the murder,) she writes that she stopped believing in the "law of attraction" about 6 months prior

and

so while i now go about my day in a manner far removed from my previous mode of operation...

http://jodiarias.blogspot.com/2008/05/law-of-attraction-here-we-go-again.html

edited to add:

December 2007 would be six months prior...and that's when travis started dating another woman & that's also when arias had alledgedly slashed his tires.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/31/jodi-arias-timeline_n_2387245.html

thank you! :)

Grace Wong was ordered to be in court Monday morning.

Jury was told to be there Monday afternoon, but to be near their phones at 10 a.m.

ALV was ordered to be there Tuesday.

So, what/who is the jury going to hear on Monday afternoon???

I'm thinking the defense computer forensic guy if motion for mistrial is denied-only assuming that mistrial is being handled Mon morn and that Grace Wong is part of that. JSS being careful about not appearing to assume it would be denied??

I missed everything on forum today- real life in the way again :rollercoaster: Any new theories about what we are facing with ALV?

Rewatching the 48 Hours interview-

JA says: "I've cried thousands of tears since Travis's passing....

So deserving of the needle. :furious:

I think it was a mistake for Alyce to use the terms "survivor" to refer to abuse victims in this case.

Agreed. And did anyone notice how artfully Juan brought it up to ALV---

" And what is that term you now use in place of victim?...."

He made certain to highlight it for the jury, because she fell for the bait and ran with it, explaining how 'empowering' the term is...:giggle: :giggle:

I'd like to know of any other documented case in history where a person slashed another person's throat in legitimate self defense. I'm sure there's one out there somewhere ...or maybe not?

and 9 stabs in the back :(

Okay...I know I'm a little slow, but it's been crazy the past couple of days. I JUST finally watched the video of yesterday in full and OH MY GAWD it is OVER for Jodi. Almost every question screamed - "We don't believe you Alyce"! This is just wonderful for Juan...what a fabulous job he is doing!!!!!

We need a poll - did Travis know JA was going to his house the day she murdered him?

I vote no.

I don't think he did, but phone records indicate that she tried to call him a few times before she got there. Voice mail may have alerted him to the fact that she was on her way.

I had NO CLUE :what: :furious: :what:

That JA has her own website with the bolden and brazen proclamation that..."More artwork will be coming soon."

She's just thumbing her nose at everyone. I can't get over it.

And there are a couple facebook pages SUPPORTING HER.

:truce: This world is just getting crazier and crazier.

Hang in there. Justice is a comin'.

marshall-dillon.jpg

What bothers me is the apparently COMPLETE lack of remorse.

Just completely lacking in that department.

No amount of punishment is going to make her feel remorse either, it's like that part of the computer chip got fried.

Infuriating. :furious:

Oh, I'm sure she's quite convinced he deserved it.

I know it is a lie, but if she is cutting an apple wouldn't the apple be in her right hand, and the knife in her left (since she is left handed) so the cut would be on her right hand not her left. Seems to me that would be the case.

Not really. I'm left-handed. I use my right had for a lot of mechanical things like scissors and knives. Jodi has been seen writing with her left and her right hand, so who knows what hand she holds a knife with.

Found it and posted a link. CTRL+ fixes so you can sort of read it. The magazine had 7 rounds of JHP (Jacketed Hollow Point) rounds. I'd say those were target practice. She knew those could be linked to grandpa.:moo:

Yes, thank you, thank you. I got your link and was able to read most of it. That explains why there is so little information about that .25, as it had no registration or known serial number.

You bet they were target practice, or something. My thought has always been that crappy gun malfunctioned, and therefore, she was only able to fire one round. That also fits with the Ninja version (gun misfired and she fled), which I think has a few real facts her murder-trial version is based on.

What bothers me is the apparently COMPLETE lack of remorse.

Just completely lacking in that department.

No amount of punishment is going to make her feel remorse either, it's like that part of the computer chip got fried.

Infuriating. :furious:

I agree, and I think at least SOME of the Jurors know this. I've said this before, but one of the Juror's questions to JA was something like:

"If you had not been arrested, would you come forward and admit that you killed Travis?"

JA paused for several seconds and looked at the Jurors and answered:

"I really don't know how to answer that"

MOO

It is the end of the night and as usual somewhat random thoughts go through my mind.

Tonight's free flowing thought went back to my first real notice of this case. I caught a clip of JA's interview with (I think) 48 Hrs. The one where she explains her behavior in the interview room as wanting to put her best face forward because that is what Travis would want her to do (I am paraphrasing her words)

That has always bothered me. Tonight I figured out why. In some cultures during a battle, warriors are said to believe that when they take a foe's life, they take on his power, his strength or other attributes.

Hasn't JA made other public remarks about what Travis would want her to do?

I'm wondering if in some part of her if maybe JA feels like Travis is 'with' her, since she killed him. With her, always approving of what she does or wants to do, always admiring her.

That seems entirely reasonable to me. It would be no less bizarre than what we already know she's done and is capable of doing. I think you're right in that she feels the act made her permanently his, depriving him of the agency to resist her. She is spitefully possessing him. Wow, good theory!

Okay...I know I'm a little slow, but it's been crazy the past couple of days. I JUST finally watched the video of yesterday in full and OH MY GAWD it is OVER for Jodi. Almost every question screamed - "We don't believe you Alyce"! This is just wonderful for Juan...what a fabulous job he is doing!!!!!

Right??? Yesterday was just different than any other day. The defense's very last hope was annihilated and you could see that they knew it

I don't think he did, but phone records indicate that she tried to call him a few times before she got there. Voice mail may have alerted him to the fact that she was on her way.

Were these phone records brought up in court? I wonder what time of day she tried calling him. She arrived around 3-4 in the morning didn't she?

By the way, my vote is NO - Travis was not expecting her.

I have always thought that creepy little tale that JA related about watching TA and Nap while TA was on the computer was true. But I think that TA didn't know she was there and wasn't expecting her. I think that she was skulking around in the dark and was watching through the window and that is why Nap didn't alert on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic