weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. She was hugely damaging to the defense case. She was their Hail Mary pass that ended in a fumble.

I'm thrilled with ALV and her testimony! I want to send her a thank you card and a fruit basket.
She destroyed the weeks of carefully crafted testimony about sex by Nurmi,

gave us another version of finger injury, which ALV didn't believe
told us she had concerns after Daryl said Jodi borrowed gas cans to go to MESA,
Pulled the trigger in the CLOSET
Lied to the jury for Jodi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. She slammed the door shut on any mitigating circumstances. Hard.

It is just my personal opinion , What I see when I look at him is someone that could go both ways. I don't mean to offend, but that is what I see.

I don't. He looks like almost every guy I dated back in the eighties. All that's missing is the guitar and the band. Lol

He did say that over the last summer they were together she seemed to be changing a lot as a person, but the malignancy in character just seems so immutable and pervasive. It's hard to picture it not emerging until her mid 20s.

Especially since her parents saw evidence in her childhood/teen years.

My only guess, is DB was useful when things were great. IIRC, 2006 was around the time that things were starting to crash in the economy. He probably wasn't able to keep her in the style she was accustomed to and the reall JA appeared.

Idk..its a head thumper for sure.

imho
K

Why can't they do anything to her, when she would answer this, but not in front of the Jury????
This is not fair to Travis and his family!
:furious:

Jodi Arias Trial - TIME OUT FOR ALYCE - YouTube

ETA. She had the opportunity to answer this in front of the Jury, but refused to do so.

Can some one post this text message pleaseeee? I'm pretty sure I remember it word for word, but for TOS purposes, I don't want to use IMO all.

I don't. He looks like almost every guy I dated back in the eighties. All that's missing is the guitar and the band. Lol

Yes, back then there were two kinds of guys to date..the punk/rocker type and the hippie type.

My mom used to say if the guy showing up at the door had long hair and tatoos, they were looking for me....:blushing:

K

In response to the juror question as to whether she could have been manipulated by JA, ALV states "I didn't use JA as my evidence". That's an outright lie. She then states that "I used so many other things to look at", most of which came from JA. :banghead:

I went back and watched DB's testimony (didn't see it originally). It kind of threw me for a curve. He seemed quite gentle and earnest to me. I couldn't visualize that person in such a long relationship with Jodi.

I'm with youu on this one Schuby. He honestly sounded like he didn't want to give up any information. The only thing I can come up with is she was very much younger than him, and that was part of his fasination for her. He probably walked on eggshells to keep her. I dunno. I don't get it either.

That darn knife, I'm not sure we will ever know, even if JA were to EVER come out with another story and call it the truth, would we believe her? I wouldn't.

Sadly, the knife can be explained in a host of scenarios, none of them good. The fact is, wherever it came from, it was used to butcher TA, and 2 out of the 3 fatal wounds were by the knife.

IMO, What we do know is that the knife was not found in TA's house, so JA took it, whether it was hers or TA's. LE testified the knife was not found in the house, and the tip is broken off of it, it was found by ME in TA's skull.

Since she got rid of the gun and her clothes, IMO she got rid of the knife too, unless it was one of the ones found in her getaway rental car in mid July, or found in her room and we haven't been told yet. There is a lot we do not know yet about her arrest, and searches of the rental car, her GP's home, and her parents home.

The fact that LE found knives in the rental car and that TA had tires slashed indicate she was comfortable having a knife on her for whatever reason on at least 3 occasions, so not a stretch to believe she had a knife in her purse, backpack, or luggage.

I remain convinced that Arias brought the knife with her, as the weapon of choice. She also brought the gun, as a precaution in case she was interrupted by a room mate or visitor.

I think it was a hunting knife. The quillon (hand guard) on such a knife would explain why she had limited wounds from her hand slipping down the blade. She would have suffered many more severe cuts from using a chef knife.

IMO it is ridiculous to even consider that Travis would have used a knife capable of inflicting his wounds to cut a (non-existent) decorative rope.

She took the knife away with her and disposed of it with everything else. With her penchant for removing DNA, and the fact that the knife had the tip broken off, she would not have left it at the scene, nor concealed it in the books in her get-away car.

This is :moo:

Yes, back then there were two kinds of guys to date..the punk/rocker type and the hippie type.

My mom used to say if the guy showing up at the door had long hair and tatoos, they were looking for me....:blushing:

K

No hippies here.. Glam Rock or Jocks... I hate watching sports... So... I developed an affinity for guys in spandex, long hair, and sometimes even eyeliner!

I went back and watched DB's testimony (didn't see it originally). It kind of threw me for a curve. He seemed quite gentle and earnest to me. I couldn't visualize that person in such a long relationship with Jodi.

he does seem really nice. i wonder if he has someone else now. i think jodi grew tired of working sometimes up to 3 jobs to come up with her part of the bills, that's when she fell for the get rich quick scheme in ppl. she was looking for a stable, well off man to marry and have children with. i think travis was the ideal in her mind, and when that dream died she went bonkers.

I remain convinced that Arias brought the knife with her, as the weapon of choice. She also brought the gun, as a precaution in case she was interrupted by a room mate or visitor.

I think it was a hunting knife. The quillon (hand guard) on such a knife would explain why she had limited wounds from her hand slipping down the blade. She would have suffered many more severe cuts from using a chef knife.

IMO it is ridiculous to even consider that Travis would have used a knife capable of inflicting his wounds to cut a (non-existent) decorative rope.

She took the knife away with her and disposed of it with everything else. With her penchant for removing DNA, and the fact that the knife had the tip broken off, she would not have left it at the scene, nor concealed it in the books in her get-away car.

This is :moo:

I always wondered if JA and TA did a lot of camping on their 'trips'. Since she was planning on that other trip and needed some knives and a gun.

Is it not weird that she had both types of weapons in the rental car? Its almost compulsive. She had to replace the ones she had to throw out.

I don't think much in this case hasn't made me go WHAT?????

K

Not really. She was hugely damaging to the defense case. She was their Hail Mary pass that ended in a fumble.

I'm thrilled with ALV and her testimony! I want to send her a thank you card and a fruit basket.
She destroyed the weeks of carefully crafted testimony about sex by Nurmi,

gave us another version of finger injury, which ALV didn't believe
told us she had concerns after Daryl said Jodi borrowed gas cans to go to MESA,
Pulled the trigger in the CLOSET
Lied to the jury for Jodi

The jury was asked to leave the room when it was asked. Am i missing something? She had the opportunity, but refused.

Your post reminded me of an evil smile Jodi did right when ALV was asked about the alleged child picture that Travis was supposedly viewing and masturbating to. The camera just happened to be looking right at Jodi when this question was asked to ALV and Jodi let an evil smirk appear. It was like she knew this was all a huge lie she concocted and she was proud of how so much time and effort has been made about this lie.

This happened either Thursday or Friday. Cant remember exactly what day.

enlarged by me, because it's simply 'perfect' :)

I would add to that, this WHOLE CASE is revolved around her lies - every date, every detail, every "stupid" thing she testified to for 18 days. There's no coincidences, it's all a script to fit with her phony diary entries. She's still trying to add to her script but the jail is finding her hidden pens in shampoo bottles - hahahahahah!

I was just wondering if Jodie is able to testify during the sentencing phase. I can't imagine what lies she would come up with. Wonder if she is writing down questions for her attorney to ask and her answers.

She's already scripted it:

"No jury is going to convict me ... because I'm innocent and you can mark my words on that one -- no jury will convict me."

"If I hurt Travis, if I killed Travis, I would beg for the death penalty."

And then that script will slip through her fingers and haphazardly drop to the floor "at her feet... in that chaotic pattern that paper falls."

do we have any idea whats going to be happening in court tomorrow? since alv can't be there until tuesday to complete her testimony they can't just move on.
i know ms wong is testifying in the morning but i mean when the jury turns up at 1.30

Honestly, in the beginning when things started to unfold I actually thought the she possibly wanted to make this look like a suicide.

And you are right, she could have planned it that way. But JA is too impulsive to be able to plan things and do them. Honestly, the whole driving the coast of California and 'seeing' friends etc is a bit of hogwash to me. She was killing time. She thought she had it all worked out, see a couple friends, hit AZ and still be in SLC in time before anyone even knew about it.

I guess since I don't actually think she spent the night 'with' TA, she randomly showed up. There was testimony that TA spoke to the roommate at 11 am that morning but JA in testimony said they didn't awake before 1. Then they did the pictures and the sex and then the showers. No one saw her car, but she says it was parked there. Its not a huge driveway, a white car sitting there someone would notice. To further that, how many of their friends that come over have a white vehicle to attach a person to. None of the roommates saw a car in the driveway or a person in the house. That is why I think the DT is really putting the pressure on the witnesses over the secrecy of their relationship. Its different imho to be able to say she was there they had this great time and it all went bad and she defended herself instead of she showed up, came in the house (personally I am inclined to believe she came in as Zack was leaving and that is why the dog barking didn't alert TA)

But, yes, I do think in the beginning that suicide could have been the plan and then so many things went wrong. If TA wanted JA in AZ you can bet she would have taken the fast train to Mesa. Even when she was moving to Yreka she was finding ways to stay and be with him. There is no way in my mind she would have drove around the coast. Every stop she made was because she still hadn't convinced TA to let her come to Mesa and see him.

Again, IMHO.

K

i think she wanted to shoot him first that was the plan but the gun jammed.

I was just wondering if Jodie is able to testify during the sentencing phase. I can't imagine what lies she would come up with. Wonder if she is writing down questions for her attorney to ask and her answers.

Isn't the sentencing phase the point when the Defendant has the opportunity to apologize to the family? I hope the Sheriff's deputies check her stun belt to see if it's in good working order - there's no telling what she will do when she gets the DP! I doubt she will be apologizing to anyone!

No hippies here.. Glam Rock or Jocks... I hate watching sports... So... I developed an affinity for guys in spandex, long hair, and sometimes even eyeliner!

:floorlaugh:

I had a hard time dating the guys who did their makeup better than me! There were a few but not my style.

I was a little on the rebellious side...Love, sex and Rock N Roll :rocker:

K

If I were a juror I'd feel obligated to ignore everything JA has said (she is a proven liar) and go by evidence alone. I wouldn't gamble with the idea that perhaps there is some truth to what JA says, try to be a human lie-detector and figure out if there are a few strands of truth in her mountain of lies.

I'd go by evidence alone.

And if Arias admits to bringing a gun or knife to the scene, it is curtains for her...premeditation ...death. She brought both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member