Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM~ Again, i'm certainly not siding with Jodi. :floorlaugh:

Answer this, why was he not brutally killed in his bed? bedroom? closet? doorway?

For every cause there is an effect, and something triggered the struggle in the bathroom was all I was saying.

At the beginning of the trial, I believed there was a trigger, some sort of explosive event that resulted in violence.

It took awhile for me to come to a strong conclusion that I was wrong. She planned it. She got him where she wanted him and executed her murder plan. Any altercation was Travis' attempt at self-defense.

It's still so difficult to comprehend, this pre-meditated slaughter. So hard to believe that a human being could do this to another. It's SO mind-boggling, that its possible the jury won't be able to unanimously agree to it.

Man, I hope she doesn't get a 2nd degree verdict. I wonder if 2nd degree will even be included as a lesser charge. The jury could hang on 1st degree (not that I question it, but they have not seen all that we have), but IMO 2nd would be a slam dunk. Wow, what a decision to have to make.

(snip)

I think it was a hunting knife. The quillon (hand guard) on such a knife would explain why she had limited wounds from her hand slipping down the blade. She would have suffered many more severe cuts from using a chef knife. (snip)

Thank you for this comment in particular. Makes a ton of sense. I have been wondering why she didn't have more wounds, since not only was there a bunch of water but once the blood started flowing things would have been very slippery and Travis was fighting back for a tiny while.

I think the attack began and was supposed to be contained in the shower. She didn't get the right angle for the first blows, he fought back, he made it to the sink, collapsed, had throat slashed at the doorway.. she flipped him over and dragged him to the shower, where she shot him. :(

Apparently it is typical of the pattern of stalker/obsessed lover homicides that the killer will make room, as part of their planning, for the possibility of one last chance at reconciliation, about which they are sincere and hopeful but nonetheless prepared to kill the person upon rejection.
This explains why she didn't kill him immediately and postponed the murder for a sex romp. The only thing that could be described as a trigger would have been her acceptance he was beyond persuasion .

She didn't drive 1000 miles to simply sneak in and kill him while he slept! What fun would that be? I believe she wanted him to see it was her killing him.., her words he left this earth hearing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok asked and answered. I went back and found that yes, ALV was asked about. The gun theft.

I tried to. Find the question the jury asked about the. 48 interview
No jury will ever convict me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClosArgs
Which roommate was not home that night?

Taylor, I think. Enrique was there, getting home at 6ish. Arias cutting it close, lucky Enrique.

So, JA knew Taylor was not there and Enrique would be home at 6ish?

One of the many unsettling things I have tried to figure out from the limited information we have (only the forensics) is:

How did JA know she would get out without being seen, without bumping into a roommate, or maybe a friend stopping by?

How did she know she would have time to use the washing machine? When you think about how long it would take her to attempt to clean up or cover up some of the crime scene, even badly, and drag TA, then do laundry downstairs, something is strange.

My first thought was that she waited until late to sneak out, but then there are the calls she made to TA's phone, north of Kingman I think.

It looks from the pictures I have seen from the inside of the house, that the stairs lead past a lot of the downstairs rooms. JA planned some of this murder in a lot of detail, but I don't see how she planned her escape.

I would love to know what others think. I'm sure was discussed in detail, somewhere, but I've not been able to find it.

Yes, and her's will be couched in terms of "Travis feels this way about what I did. He's happy and wants you to know 'x' about me. He is very glad that his story is finally out so his soul can rest peacefully now that his secrets are revealed. He is sorry for what he made me do."

I'm not looking forward to her statement. I thought ALV was the biggest threat to my BP, but I know the worst is yet to come. :(

I think she'll lead off with "If only Travis hadn't........."
She'll blame Travis, his family, his friends, her parents, and anyone she can think of. She will continue to play the victim to the very end.

She didn't drive 1000 miles to simply sneak in and kill him while he slept! What fun would that be? I believe she wanted him to see it was her killing him.., her words he left this earth hearing

Agree 100% with you. Even if she could have paid someone else to do it (please, I don't believe she had any help) she would have refused. Even if she could have given him a tiny little pill dissolved in water that would have made his death a painless one she would have refused.

She wanted him to fear and suffer as much as possible and then die.

You can't be serious? *All three men involved*?, for what reason or gain?

i think she did it all by her lil ol self but even if you believe that someone else was involved, never would she involve three more people. The reason i think she did it alone is because she is smart enough to know that if one other person knows they may tell some day and she would never risk that.

Would love to hear from him in rebuttal!

And Matt... But no way will he be called

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClosArgs
Which roommate was not home that night?

So, JA knew Taylor was not there and Enrique would be home at 6ish?

One of the many unsettling things I have tried to figure out from the limited information we have (only the forensics) is:

How did JA know she would get out without being seen, without bumping into a roommate, or maybe a friend stopping by?

How did she know she would have time to use the washing machine? When you think about how long it would take her to attempt to clean up or cover up some of the crime scene, even badly, and drag TA, then do laundry downstairs, something is strange.

My first thought was that she waited until late to sneak out, but then there are the calls she made to TA's phone, north of Kingman I think.

It looks from the pictures I have seen from the inside of the house, that the stairs lead past a lot of the downstairs rooms. JA planned some of this murder in a lot of detail, but I don't see how she planned her escape.

I would love to know what others think. I'm sure was discussed in detail, somewhere, but I've not been able to find it.

I agree, the roommate thing is a puzzler. This isn't the most satisfying answer but it may be that she didn't know at all. She may have gone there knowing she might have to delay the big event or at least do some reconnaissance on the roommate situation first.

I'm among those who think she planned both knife and gun... trying ti simulate 2 attackers.. and totally premeditated....imoo

JA has such a fascination with movies, I keep thinking that she may have been inspired by the movie "Copycat". The scene in the bathroom when Harry Connick Jr. has the guard and he says to Sigourney Weaver, "should I shoot him or stick him, stick him or shoot him".

Something about ths photo makes me wonder if ths is another lie told by Jodi. Would someone interested in searching for vampires (Bobby) be wearing South Park underwear (you can see the waistband in the photo cited) and tee-shirts?

Good point.

Against popular belief, I'll field this with what I think MIGHT be a possibility.

I think Jodi did have help. I think her intruder story WAS true and she was the 'female'. (I mean, what was her advantage of making one of the intruders into a woman? It makes no sense)

I think Jodi lured him into the shower and this 'intruder' (perhaps Matt McCartney) came in through the back window (that a screen was found laying in the backyard and taken into evidence......) and a burglary scene was set in case a roommate came home?

Now the BIGGEST question I come up with empty with is: Why would someone help Jodi kill someone else?

I think the fact that this chick has a fan club after brutally ending the life of another... might be indicative of how people in her life (mostly men and now.....lesbians?) are drawn to her and obviously very dedicated to her too.

So if my theory is right, who knows why someone would help her. I think Matt was involved in the grandfather's break-in and most likely gave Jodi the gun and DVD player once she got down near Darryl's.
She most definitely bartered the gas cans for the stolen DVD player and THAT'S why the gas cans were never returned to Darryl (because Jodi own them now)

I also think she had a disposable cell phone besides just Gus Searcy's phone she had borrowed. I don't believe she drove phone-less for hours while trekking to Travis' house to kill him. I think she had one of those prepaid phones and was in contact with Matt, Gus and Darryl the entire time and in fact, I believe all 3 men are deeply involved in this event. Deeply!!

The obvious answer is these men have alibis and that is why they are not suspected of helping her. Both these men have had their stories checkout extensively.

In regards to Jodi not writing anything about the alleged abuse from Travis in her journals....

We are to believe that shortly after the alleged choking incident JA realized TA was capable of killing her and that this was part of the foundation for her fearing that TA may potentially kill her on June 4th 2008. This alleged event happened some time before 06/04/2008 and we are told that the abusive behaviour escalated over time.

I've heard of domestic violence victims who secretly document abuse in case of their death. Also people who end up dead by either murder or apparent suicide who had told people close to them that if they die under suspicious circumstances that they were murdered. In fact, we know Travis told friends if he was murdered it was at Jodi's hands.

I can understand someone not writing about being abused in their journal. However, couldn't Jodi have documented the abuse and kept the document in perhaps storage, in a safety deposit box.... or under her car seat ? Couldn't she have confided in someone if she believed he was capable of killing her? After all, she had threatened to reveal his alleged pedophilia and as a result he verbally threatened her.

I'm saddened to hear of the women here who have experienced DV and I understand it is possible for someone to not document the violence or tell someone, even if it is over an extended period of time and they fear for their lives. It is just in Jodi's case it makes her (third) story less credible without any..... collaborative evidence.

:floorlaugh:

I've been here since February and have over 1000. That doesn't include my time-outs. lol

Kinda OT, but I just saw your posting numbers since you joined in February. Holy smokes!!!! You've got a lot to say. :)

I am very impressed with the juror questions. We have each other to hash out all the testimony, they dont and still come up with some amazing questions. The one question about whether ALV recieved those magazines she gave Jodi with the messages in them. I didnt even remember those were from ALV to begin with. Sharp I tell ya. LOVE THEM! ALV had a genuine look of surprise on her face about that one. IMO

:wave:

Reminder!

If a link comes up on our pages ******** it means it's not allowed on Websleuths. This would include any discussion of the contents of said link.

fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member