weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being but sarcastic, but hundreds of miles, that's an understatement- 1000's is more like it.
If that is not obsessed stalker I don't know what is.

Has Travis' ring ever been recovered? :what:

I just do not see how ALV could not consider the fact that Jodi, for the most part, drove hundreds of miles to see Travis.

Anyone think that Jodi may have taken the ring and admitted it to Travis on the phone and that was part of his rant to her? Is it also possible she told him she would return the ring so when she showed up on the 4th that is why he allowed her to stay there as long as she did?

I'm having trouble keeping up with you guys.. But has anyone seen this?

http://www./show/n_1rjojrn

I can't come close to keeping up. :seeya:

But this:WOW. When was that conference? Could the date be wrong, "several weeks before TA's death"? That would be around May 20ish? Is that possible?

I don't think there was any evidence of anyone else involved. In fact, Det. Flores even told her that he thought someone else had to have helped her. But, as far as I know, today 5 years later, they still don't have evidence of there being more than TOOT being involved.
And.. if she had ANY help she would have thrown said help under the bus looong ago and defense would have made hay with alternate defense theory..JMOO

:cheers: That's what I was trying to say last night on here.

She had the murder planned, but was giving Travis one last chance to not reject her.

Apparently it is typical of the pattern of stalker/obsessed lover homicides that the killer will make room, as part of their planning, for the possibility of one last chance at reconciliation, about which they are sincere and hopeful but nonetheless prepared to kill the person upon rejection.
This explains why she didn't kill him immediately and postponed the murder for a sex romp. The only thing that could be described as a trigger would have been her acceptance he was beyond persuasion .

Rolling @ flop house! My mother used to say that when I was a child. I had a habit of not putting my laundry away, I'd pick from the basket. She would say, put that away... I'm not running a flop house!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you my long lost twin? I use to do the same...since this trial I have to admit to find myself doing it lately..my mother use to use the term flop house as well...hehe my father use to use the term giggilo alot lol:floorlaugh:

I felt the same way initially, except for some several strange things he said.

JM had to keep reminding him of earlier statements he had made about JA's calls to him about the gas cans, and knowing JA was going to Mesa.

He would not admit that without great effort. Then his "Yes," she had told him was eerily hoarse and strained. Whatever his feelings may have been, how he would still try to protect JA after what he knows about the premeditated murder is astonishing.

He was also evasive about that remote and her returning it, and other things that happened during her stop. Did he loan her that money she deposited?

Yes, I noticed his hesitations too. I know many may feel this is outrageous, but when I watched his testimony I was thinking about how I might feel if called to testify against my ex, who I lived with for many years and still have great affection for. I know I would do it and would be honest but I think it would be very painful.

Apparently it is typical of the pattern of stalker/obsessed lover homicides that the killer will make room, as part of their planning, for the possibility of one last chance at reconciliation, about which they are sincere and hopeful but nonetheless prepared to kill the person upon rejection.
This explains why she didn't kill him immediately and postponed the murder for a sex romp. The only thing that could be described as a trigger would have been her acceptance he was beyond persuasion .

I shall withhold the details of how I obtained my expertise in this area. However; when it comes to the stalker/obsessed lover who kills, the recurring theme is they know deep down that they already are going to kill the person.

This is why it's premeditated. They already have it planned out in their mind and they have convinced themselves/justified it and they are going to do it.

They have a little 'play' or movie already in their head as to how things are going to play out and it's a script. They are 'loaded for bear' so to speak and NO MATTER WHAT the victim says or does, they are just waiting for that ONE WORD, that ONE GESTURE to allow themselves to 'go off'.

If any of you have ever been around a drug addict or alcoholic you will know what I mean when I say they are LOOKING FOR AN EXCUSE and often times will set the situation up so that they in fact FIND that excuse.

What's interesting is that from all my learning about this, the same mechanisms of 'addiction' seem to be in play here.

I was also told once by a so called expert, (although after watching ALV my trust in 'experts' is gone :facepalm: ) that once the obsessed stalker has made up his or her mind to actually kill the object of their obsession it is VERY DIFFICULT to stop them.

The MAJOR parts of that is:

1). DENIAL by the victim and surrounding support systems that things are that serious. ("Oh I don't think he would REALLY do that!").

2). The laws regarding this type of situation have many loop holes and UNTIL that stalker has actually 'done something' the police seldom can step in. Often by then it's too late.

3). Failure to recognize the problem early on and take ACTIVE steps to correct the problem.

(Also I learned this last summer that when dealing with the non-violent stalker one of the most effective ways to STOP it is to turn the tables and START STALKING THEM). I do emphasize non-violent.

One of my wild guesses.. JA's first female attorney got out of representing her due to a potential conflict (she had represented MM in something). Maybe MM and DB knew each other from something around that issue.. court, jail..something

I'd love to know what she represented MM about...I'm assuming the first atty was from the Mesa/Phoenix area, right? Did MM ever live around there? If not, why would she have represented MM on something...other than something related to this case? Anyone know?

I used to think that was her plan, also, Schuby. One last attempt at reconciliation. Or else.

I now believe she was strictly on a mission to murder Travis because of whatever it was that Travis was talking about in his text rant.

I believe she ambushed Travis. IIRC, there were no completed phone calls to Travis since the day before the murder when she was in Pasadena. Knowing their pattern of calls and texting, it seems unlikely that Travis was aware she was coming. Wouldn't he be calling or texting to check on her ETA, or just to talk about, well, you know - sex?

On the day of the murder, JA alleges that Travis didn't wake up til 1:00 (not sure), but the time stamp on the nude pics were around 1:30. JA stated that she took a shower and got dressed directly after the sex romp. My guess is that she knew beforehand where she wanted to murder Travis - the shower - and she waited....and waited....and waited for him to get into position.

Given her story about arriving in the middle of the night and going directly to sleep, there would have been little time to talk about reconciliation. The sex romp occurred directly upon waking up and could have lasted the better part of the afteroon. I believe JA was getting extremely nervous as the time passed and the house mates were due to arrive home from work. She was running out of time. She probably urged him to hurry up and take a shower so that she could take some quick pics of his 'buff' body before his conference call that was scheduled for 7:00 p.m. (I'm not sure, but did Travis even know about JA's scheduled trip to SLC?) At any rate, we know that Travis was dead by 5:45 p.m. JA had finished her 'mission', but it took longer than anticipated - thus the sloppy clean-up. No time to wipe palm prints off walls, mop bloody floors, or look for misplaced cameras - the house mates would be home soon.

This might be a dumb question? But could this have something to do with Tuesday? She was proud to have her friends and family present to watch her spar off with Martinez. Also maybe someone reported her and nurmi doing hugging on camera.?

Anyone think this isossible!

What would the pundits say if Samuals brought his mother and grade school friends to support him at trial????? And they were rubbing his shoulders and making all sorts of loud noises during trial....just wowoow. AND gave them a shout out? He'd be a laughing stock.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Could you please tell me what the top part of that attachment was? Was that part of TA's text? I have not seen that. TIA

I don't remember, I took a screen shot from somewhere... I'm sorry.

When I click on that link, I go to my Swagbucks page for some reason. I have heard that Bobby's tweets make it clear that he is no fan of Jodi's and his sympathy lies with the Alexander family. Has anyone see these tweets?

Bobby tweets???

Originally Posted by TorisMom003 View Post
A couple of folks have asked about the phone calls between Travis and Jodi during the couple of days leading up to his death. They are as follows:

From Travis to Jodi:
6/2/08 3:04 am 1011 secs = 16.85 mins
6/2/08 3:21 am 2450 secs = 40.83 mins
Please note that the time between calls shows that the phone call was disconected and then Travis immediately called her back.

From Jodi to Travis:
6/3/08 12:37 pm 17 secs
6/3/08 1:51 pm 170 secs = 2.83 mins
6/3/08 3:22 pm Walmart purchase (gas can)
6/3/08 8:16 pm 129 secs = 2.15 mins
6/3/08 8:31 pm 49 secs

6/4/08 11:37 pm ~ This is the call in which Jodi left the voicemail about Travis visiting her in Yreka even though it is over 5 hours after she killed him.

Red by me.

IIRC, testimony was that there were 14 calls between JA and TA from 5/30 to 6/4. The only two calls from JA were those long calls in the wee hours of 6/2/08. Did testimony include where the calls from JA were made on 6/3/08?

Closing arguments will probably bring the timeline into clearer focus. IMO, TA did not know expect JA or told her not to come. Driving time from Pasadena to Mesa is supposed to be 5 1/2 hours.

IIRC, roommates were confused about their actual whereabouts on 6/4/08. I believe was not out of TA's home within a half an hour. There was just too much to do. She made attempts to clean the carpet. She washed down parts of the wall in the hallway (per 48 Hours footage). Travis was moved and his body was cleaned off and she had to clean up and probably changed her clothes. Gather items and run washer. JA blood found in downstairs bathroom. Gather items to put into her car. Based on when and where she made her cell phone calls that night, I estimate she left his house around 7:30.

Has it ever been ruled out that she could have parked a car in the garage? I swear I saw photos of blood on the front bumper of a car in the garage.

The lonely sleuthers club.:seeya:

I'm a member of that club, but I'm not lonely. I love my solitude. I feel that I have paid all my dues in life and can now enjoy everything and anything that I want to. I don't have to do anything anymore. It's wonderful.
(although I still have one son at home, but he's pretty much a loner, too- so different from my older son).
I can be on WS ALL day- :great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member