Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Red by me.

IIRC, testimony was that there were 14 calls between JA and TA from 5/30 to 6/4. The only two calls from JA were those long calls in the wee hours of 6/2/08. Did testimony include where the calls from JA were made on 6/3/08?

Closing arguments will probably bring the timeline into clearer focus. IMO, TA did not know expect JA or told her not to come. Driving time from Pasadena to Mesa is supposed to be 5 1/2 hours.

IIRC, roommates were confused about their actual whereabouts on 6/4/08. I believe was not out of TA's home within a half an hour. There was just too much to do. She made attempts to clean the carpet. She washed down parts of the wall in the hallway (per 48 Hours footage). Travis was moved and his body was cleaned off and she had to clean up and probably changed her clothes. Gather items and run washer. JA blood found in downstairs bathroom. Gather items to put into her car. Based on when and where she made her cell phone calls that night, I estimate she left his house around 7:30.

Has it ever been ruled out that she could have parked a car in the garage? I swear I saw photos of blood on the front bumper of a car in the garage.

I saw that pic and couldn't tell if it was the bumper or the bathroom sink faucet.

I also think the roommates were confused, according to Flores' report, initially one of them said Travis told him he had hardly slept the night before and then remembered seeing him on the phone in the early evening on the 4th, I believe that was actually the 3rd, TA's calls to JA after 3:00 a.m. matches that.

But Flores also says on the 4th Travis hadn't used his phone since the 12:13 p.m. text with Chris Hughes but other calls came in, whether JA was there or not, why didn't he answer or return calls if he was in his office where the phone was and didn't step into the shower until 5:20 or so?

I think she did need more time but I think the camera time was changed or since it was new, maybe Travis hadn't set it. But I think she killed him before the time stamps say and left either after or before one of the roommates came home approx. 6:00 - 6:30 p.m.

can someone please look at the case and tell me what it means.....shows 3 new things and the filing date 4/15/2013, which is tomorrow?? how can it be listed already with filing date tomorrow??

Now Katie, I left a post for you on the observer thread specifically to cheer you up. I think you need to see it. :) After your hands comment, you deserve some retribution.

I have dry tears on my face and a smile at the same time just reading this...now gonna go read that.

If he was stabbed near the heart already as maybe the first stab he wouldn't have been able to fight back much no matter how big and strong he was.
Try and imagine the pain of a large bladed knife going into your chest deep enough to cut heart sack and a major vein that returns blood to your heart.
It's easy for us to sit in a chair and think this or that, but to be the one stabbed and going through the shock and pain is another thing.
Lots of people have died from a single stab to a vital area and none of us know the exact sequence of the stabs so being a big strong guy doesn't matter much if your Incapacitated by one stab already.

Yes, I hope to never experience what TA went through that day. I am not saying that he did not fight for his life- I am sure that he did! His ability to do so and the degree in which he did seem to confuse me.

Based on what you typed you think that the first wound was to his heart while crouched down and this incapicated him. He made it over to the sink area and down a hallway after because she dragged him back to the shower not out.

You, me, about a billion other people. All that's missing with her is a magic wand. If I hear one more utterance of the "Laws of Attraction" from the DT I am going to plotz. Seriously. You would think they were talking about some seriously important concept rather than saying, "Jodi likes to believe that she can sprinkle fairy dust about and influence the path of the universe." Of course, that wouldn't sound as impressive.

Others call it "magical thinking" and it's typical of very young children, no?

Has this been discussed here ?
New find to me ... Very interesting.

See link below, but this California Board of Psychology link says AVL is (was?) a "psychological assistant" who was only allowed to practice under the direct supervision of Dr Charles Thomas Stockton.
Further says ... Dr Stocktons license Is "revoked"
And that ALV License status says "cancelled".

Maybe this is what the judge was referring to when judge reminded ALV that she is still under subpoena and will be back Monday or Tuesday ?

http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/WLLQRYNA$LCEV2.QueryView?P_LICENSE_NUMBER=10905&P_LTE_ID=724

Sorry, can't get the link to embed ...for easy click to.

here's the link

http://tinyurl.com/br6bpla

And what is up with the way she picks up cups of water. Her creepy hand grasps the cup from the front so that her arm is directly in front of her forehead.

Freaks me out every time so whenever she picks up the water pitcher, I turn away, lol.

Yeah weirds me out too - I shudder to think of the possible explanations - perhaps she injured her shoulder during the killing ..

Something just occurred to me;

I learned a long time ago that even the best liars will often times be telling the truth when they don't even know it.

JA recorded those phone sex talks and (to me) it was obvious that she was doing it for use at a later time. She taped those because the sex actually happened. She's not lying about the sex.

She DIDN'T write down anything in her journals about being physically abused because she WASN'T being abused. In MHO the very omission of these details are because they hadn't happened and she hadn't thought of it as a defense plea...yet.

Just a thought.

the important thing about matt is he doesn't even have to show up. the jury has heard his name countless times as the guy who is her staunchest ally, the one who witnessed the bruises on her neck, the ONLY person she told about the pedophile incident and TA's abuse.

and if the jury had forgotten about matt, ALV sure reminded them because she RELIED on statements of his to form her (completely wrong) opinions and brought him up many times to defend her position.

and the defense will rest without calling this star witness????? hmmm.....i'd find that pretty strange if i were on the jury.

i think things have clearly changed between JA and matt. she dropped a dime on him in her testimony by mentioning his illegal gun collection, for one thing. i think at some point, JM threatened MM with the funny business involving the phony letters, and MM told JA she's on her own and he can't help her anymore. she seemed not so sure of his support when she talked about him on the stand.

She seemed like she was unsure the day that Juan first asked her if she thought he would betray her and that evening I was giddy with the thought of him being brought in on cross. Then it sank in that MM stated he would lie for her in court in Jan of 2013 , also the next time Jodi was asked about him she seemed more sure that he would not abandon her and she seemed sure of it every time after that to me. It made me wonder if she had not had a call or visit with MM where she was reassured, or maybe it was Nurmi and Willmont who reassured her that MM would not take the stand and if he did they themselves would impeach him with his stupid internet post about lying in court if they didn't like what he said. IDK but very quickly I began to not want to see MM in the courtroom ever because he is too unpredictable and I'd just as soon not have the jury possibly tainted with anymore lying liar BS. MOO

I agree with all who have opined that he is too unpredictable.

On another topic, who was it that visited Jodi the day she tried to pass the magazines on to MM? Was it Donavan or her GF? Why isn't this person forced to testify as to who they were supposed to "pass on" the second hand mags to?

Don't suck helium gas before redirect
Don't become BFFs with the defendant and don't let the MS either
Ask the court to give you a bigger chair
Learn how to object properly

I agree although it worked like a charm in the CA case. Tiny little CA in her big chair. If you watched that nightmare of a trial you will remember all the love the MS had for CA (which made me completely sick to watch). All the love CM had for CA was something as well (yuck). It worked for them, why wouldn't the DT use the same tactic here. :sick:

There is a list, and it was updated on March 26.

But I don't believe that you have privy to it unless you're Judge Sherry K. Stephens, her staff, the Prosecution, or the Defense.

witnesslist_zps2b028aef.jpg

Source: Maricopa County Superior Court Case History CR2008-031021-001

IIRC, the day that the prosecution's rebuttal witness list was updated is the day that Jodi had a little hissy fit, asking Nurmi, "What's this?" I think the rebuttal witness update was the document to which she referred. Jodi was miffed about what she saw on that paper. Next thing we know, Jodi gets a migraine, and court was canceled early. Whatever, Jodi. :rolleyes:

I have always believed that she had help but as the court case unfolded thought, possibly not. However, the camera in the machine keep bringing me back to that idea. Jodi needed to delete those pics off of the camera before disposing of it along with the other stuff for sure. What if it she threw it on the piled up bedsheets after deleting the pics and ran around cleaning up (removing evidence of an accomplice) and someone else put the sheets in the machine?
That one pic of Travis looks like he knows 'it's over' but if it was just Jodi standing there with a gun or knife wouldn't he have been hopeful that he could taLk her out of it? Compared with if in that pic he saw her and another
Person standing there....

BBM: Respectfully, I can't wrap my head around her having an accomplice. She would have thrown him under the bus by now. (I know…that's been refuted 1000 times on these threads.) But, I have to go back to basics and point out, again, that the whole purpose of this trial is to save her from the DP, since she offered to plead guilty to 2nd degree but Juan said, "No way, Jose!"

What better way to put some reasonable doubt in the juries mind than to blame someone else for the actual murder while she stood by in fear for her own life, thus getting her something less than the DP? Her Ninja defense was a variation on this theme, but she over expounded with the story and her bloody palm print ratted her out. :twocents:

Thanks for helping with the link MrsPC.
Not sure what this all means ...
May be old news and already discussed here ?

I haven't seen it discussed before but I've missed a lot of posts

I don't know if this has been posted yet, and too sick to look, but if so, please forgive me. My sister in law posted it this morning, and it was good for a chuckle.

http://youtu.be/Hz8YR22DduI

****DVR ALERT**** TODAY!!!!! 1PM/EST, Oxygen Network, "Snapped" Case of Wendi Andriano w/our own Juan Martinez

Thanks so much for the heads up! So cool to see Juan in a one on one interview setting. Makes me heart him even more! Lol Interesting case with a lot of eerie similarities between the two women (Wendi and Jodi)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy sIII (so please excuse the typos!)

Has this been discussed here ?
New find to me ... Very interesting.

See link below, but this California Board of Psychology link says AVL is (was?) a "psychological assistant" who was only allowed to practice under the direct supervision of Dr Charles Thomas Stockton.
Further says ... Dr Stocktons license Is "revoked"
And that ALV License status says "cancelled".

Maybe this is what the judge was referring to when judge reminded ALV that she is still under subpoena and will be back Monday or Tuesday ?

http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/WLLQRYNA$LCEV2.QueryView?P_LICENSE_NUMBER=10905&P_LTE_ID=724

Sorry, can't get the link to embed ...for easy click to.

Since she was licensed as a psychological assistant from July 01, 1985 to January 31, 1989, this may just be the time frame during which she was considered a psychologist in training. I don't know when she got her Master's degree, but supervised fieldwork is usually part of such work.

It is weird that she has no current listing though!

(Also I learned this last summer that when dealing with the non-violent stalker one of the most effective ways to STOP it is to turn the tables and START STALKING THEM). I do emphasize non-violent.

Respectfully snipped by me, just for space.

That's a really interesting idea, IBslethin. I never thought of that. I wonder why it works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025