weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem whatsoever, JRS. This case is so nutty due to all the subterfuge via the testi-phoney from the Defense's "witnesses".
I can't believe we have to hear another day of ALV!!!!! :what:
I'm hoping we don't have to hear another day of it. I'm hoping ALL her testimony is stricken.

Yes, I think you're right. I believe to have a "Psychologist License" one has to have a doctorate. However, not being licensed does not prevent you from validly practicing psychological counseling.

But, maybe someone with real chops in this area can clear this up. :floorlaugh:

She has a masters in counseling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing. Shows she had no problem using knives to kill or slit tires. She must feel comfortable with knives as a means to carry out crimes.

I can totally relate to packing a gun for protection and would have no problem using it if I had no other choice and as a last resort (either me or the perpetrator lives). But I would never in my wildest dreams even think of packing a knife for protection. Knives just wig me out so I wouldn't even go there when thinking about self-defense weapons.

Knives scare me too...I carry a cute little pink stun gun with a million volts in my purse for protection.:rocker:

Not all of them, there were two of the defendant that were not date and time stamped.

Unallocated clusters
The photo where she is looking at the camera most evident her hair is in braids.
The photo that is a close up of her female anatomy.

thank you. that is what I was remembering.

I just looked up Roberto Juarez:

233 people named Roberto Juarez in the US | WhitePages
names.whitepages.com/Roberto/JuarezFind Roberto Juarez on WhitePages. There are 233 people named Roberto Juarez in places like California; Texas; Illinois; Florida; Arizona.

Ha! I knew there were more than TEN Bobby Juarez's in the US.

HAHA....I live in the land of Hispanic last names. I'll bet there are thousands of guys with that name. 233 might be the only ones with a phone or land line.

Yes, I think you're right. I believe to have a "Psychologist License" one has to have a doctorate. However, not being licensed does not prevent you from validly practicing psychological counseling.

But, maybe someone with real chops in this area can clear this up. :floorlaugh:
I'm in calif. going to school for psychology and I have to get a masters then a phd or psyd before I can be called a psychologist. Even if you get a phd you still have to take and pass a test with the state. I'm pretty sure at the masters level you cant legally call yourself a psychologist or psychotherapist . jMO

Personally, I would take anything Gus says with a grain of salt. :wink:

But thanks for clearing that up, now that I've seen the video it makes a lot more sense. Not perfect sense, mind you, this is still Gus after all. :floorlaugh: But it's all a lot clearer now. Thanks! :seeya:

My bad. He said it to HLN apparently, so again to be taken with a grain of salt.

Witness: Arias called me the night Travis Alexander died - YouTube

No...Gus testified that Jodi called him and said Travis was killed, not that she did it. He further testified that while he was surprised Travis was dead, he did not think about calling the authorities because he had no reason to believe the call was anything other than information about his death...IIRC.

Aileen Wuornos shot the men. Lizzy Borden? Axe?

Throat slit has a significant ritual meaning. Just moo.

I totally disagree. She slit his throat because he was screaming, just like she said when it was still the ninja story. She slit his throat because she was afraid someone outside the room or house would hear and call 911.

>snip<

She can not prescribe medication/prescriptions.

Neither can psychologists, right? Only a licensed MD/psychiatrist.

Or does that only apply to controlled substances? Seems my nurse practitioner has script writing privileges for Flonase and allergy meds. Hmmm. Or does the nurse practitioner work under the primary care physician's license or ... what ...?

Jody nutty story is that sex calmed Travis down. Which she went into in detail many times. So after that pre-murder sex session, Travis should have been as mellow as a marshmallow. A point Juan has not brought out yet. I wonder why?

I think JM has insinuated that through other things a lot. And as far as JA's claim that "sex calmed Travis down". BS....as Nancy G would say, that's putting lipstick on a pig. She used sex to sap the strength out of him physically and also before the murder probably so he'd fall asleep like a log so she could snoop undisturbed.

JM uses "right" and "sure" to briefly/subconciously lull a witness into believing he is agreeing with them/believes them. Its a brilliant tactic..kinda old school (and it works!)....

You will notice this change in demeanor will placate a witness (shortly) and the next thing out of their mouth is usually on par with what JM wants the jury to hear. Its masterful in my opinion.

Well I do believe ALV has very effectively demolished any thoughts of her credibility with her testimony and her very skewed views on DV and that only women were victims and only men were perpetrators. Here is an interesting thought, my unique perspective.

I do believe that she is in a lesbian relationship with another women and that in her circle of friends, community she surely knows other lesbian couples. ( I was raised by a lesbian and got a firsthand view on life in the lesbian community as it grew and gained power and demanded womens rights, etc, yada, yada, yada).

If she truly believes that only men are perpetrators of DV and only women are victims of it then how does she reconcile that with the fact that there are lesbian couples who have DV incidents? Believe me, I saw LOTS of brawls with my mom and her partners and their friends. They could be quite vindictive and bloody. Really brutal and my mother was also the perpetrator in violence against my dad and smirked about it and used the court system against him. Sickening really.

ALV is not a victim's advocate because she will not admit that women can be perpetrators of extreme violence against men. A true victim's advocate would admit that victims of DV can be women or men. Her insistence that Jodi is the victim here is appalling and she has pretty much committed professional suicide by tying herself to this case by portraying Jodi as the victim.

I hope she wisely invest the blood money that she is paid for assassinating TA's character because I don't see that she will have much of a career in the future. True DV organizations are severing ties with her and she seems to have infuriated a good portion of the world with her ridiculous views.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, I'm not saying anything against lesbians,or looking to debate anything. I respect everyone's opinions and views. I'm just pointing out that if ALV was right about only men being perpetrators of DV then there would be NO DV in the lesbian community. I witnessed PLENTY of DV in my life being raised among lesbians. Just my 2 cents, tossed in the mix.

I'm hoping we don't have to hear another day of it. I'm hoping ALL her testimony is stricken.

Well, me too...but, I doubt that will happen. As far as I can tell, she is finished with jury testimony (despite what Beth K said) unless AZ has some really weird procedure. Maybe AZ Attorney or Minor 4th is lurking and can help out, but the jury questions are done, and both follow-ups are done. I'm pretty sure she is coming back only for a hearing, and she won't be up there long.

Greetings to the Weekend Edition of WS...ers :)

Was just reviewing the transcripts of the interrogations vids (and wow, big shout out to TxJan1971 and beach for those), and this one remark of JA's just makes me gasp, everytime:

JA: "If I was ever going to try to kill somebody, I would use gloves. I’ve got plenty of them."

I mean....who says that?? "If I were ever going to try to kill somebody..."; "If I were ever going to try to kill somebody..." No matter how you emphasize it, it still hits me as a WTH Moment. IMHO, it sounds like JA is giving herself a smack upside the head: "Like, duh...why didn't I just wear GLOVES?!" Kicking herself because she forgot the d#mn gloves.

:twocents:

There are a lot of WTH Moments in those videos, but that one really gets to me. Well, that and the singing and laughing and yoga and tossing the hair around!

One of her comments to Flores got me. She wanted to take a lie detector test and wanted to know if it would help her.

I totally disagree. She slit his throat because he was screaming, just like she said when it was still the ninja story. She slit his throat because she was afraid someone outside the room or house would hear and call 911.

Sorry to disagree with you but....That wasn't a slit for silencing. You don't need to almost cut someone's head off to silence their vocal cords.

I think Bobby is quite alive. There was "this rumor" about him way back when but I think peeps are getting confused with Caylee's baby daddy that supposedly died in a car wreck.

Apparently, there's a murder in CA, victim named BJ, but I don't think it's the same person.

When I googled the "Lost" BJ, he looked a lot like one of the men in the gallery at this trial. In fact, IIRC, someone here had an avatar of this man at one time, or had posted a pic of him in the gallery.

Well I do believe ALV has very effectively demolished any thoughts of her credibility with her testimony and her very skewed views on DV and that only women were victims and only men were perpetrators. Here is an interesting thought, my unique perspective.

I do believe that she is in a lesbian relationship with another women and that in her circle of friends, community she surely knows other lesbian couples. ( I was raised by a lesbian and got a firsthand view on life in the lesbian community as it grew and gained power and demanded womens rights, etc, yada, yada, yada).

If she truly believes that only men are perpetrators of DV and only women are victims of it then how does she reconcile that with the fact that there are lesbian couples who have DV incidents? Believe me, I saw LOTS of brawls with my mom and her partners and their friends. They could be quite vindictive and bloody. Really brutal and my mother was also the perpetrator in violence against my dad and smirked about it and used the court system against him. Sickening really.

ALV is not a victim's advocate because she will not admit that women can be perpetrators of extreme violence against men. A true victim's advocate would admit that victims of DV can be women or men. Her insistence that Jodi is the victim here is appalling and she has pretty much committed professional suicide by tying herself to this case by portraying Jodi as the victim.

I hope she wisely invest the blood money that she is paid for assassinating TA's character because I don't see that she will have much of a career in the future. True DV organizations are severing ties with her and she seems to have infuriated a good portion of the world with her ridiculous views.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, I'm not saying anything against lesbians,or looking to debate anything. I respect everyone's opinions and views. I'm just pointing out that if ALV was right about only men being perpetrators of DV then there would be NO DV in the lesbian community. I witnessed PLENTY of DV in my life being raised among lesbians. Just my 2 cents, tossed in the mix.

Excellent post ... Excellent points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members