weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a little sumpin sumpin in my "crawl" on the day of the murder. IIRC
didn't TA and friends watch a show WED night called UF or The UF. You would
think after watching this type of show he would know some defense moves beyond just putting your hands up. So "something" stopped him dead in his tracks. Even my grandsons practice wrestling moves. It was something major for JA not to be able to do so. Thanks for letting me expound on this little
jiggle in my "crawl".

I don't know if Travis' UFC nights were boys-only. If not, Travis excluding Jodi from those events would have enraged her, especially since she testified to helping him clean up the house for at least one of those parties.

IIRC the roommate was supposed to get home around 6:30 but didn't actually get home til 9pm

For all she knew, however, he was supposed to be home between 6-6:30pm. I can't imagine her lurking around the house indefinitely until he arrived, and believe it is entirely possible she stopped somewhere to clean up again which caused the delay getting to Utah.

MOO

Were cell phone records examined thoroughly by forensics... I am just wondering if jodi perhaps sent messages from the computer to her phone and placing travis' number from the recipient. It is easy to do from the verizon site. It would look like he sent it but it def. Would not be on his cell record....and jodi could tp0ype away...would never put it past her.

Could you do this in 2008?

Wasn't ALV's emergency room visit supposed to have occurred last weekend? If so, iirc Juan v. ALV, round 1, had lasted less than an hour. She found being questioned about Snow White, the dwarfs' ages, the shortcomings of her credentials, and her "guideline" so debilitating that she feared she was having a heart attack?

I think it was just what the coming cross examination represented: the outrage, condemnation and scorn of the entire nation.

Were cell phone records examined thoroughly by forensics... I am just wondering if jodi perhaps sent messages from the computer to her phone and placing travis' number from the recipient. It is easy to do from the verizon site. It would look like he sent it but it def. Would not be on his cell record....and jodi could tp0ype away...would never put it past her.

OMG great point. I have TMobile and always have. I used to log in to TMobile at work whenever I forgot my phone (can you imagine?!) and send my family a text from my computer saying "forgot phone, call work if you need me"....

snipped

Hi gngr, it is safe to come out now, I think. :)

I must say, ol' Laviolette had me snowed on one point, she kept saying JA did this when she was a teenager, and wrote it off as a 'phase'.

I wonder if that was intentional misleading, or if she herself misunderstood. I hope Juan clarifies this. It ticked me off that I was misdirected about this, as I felt most of ALV I called BS on, and seems like the jurors did too.

I hope the jurors catch this. Kicking/hitting/abusing your mother when you are 28 years old, there's no excuse. Not that there is any excuse as a teenager either, but maybe more understandable.

I am trying to remain "cool" but on Friday even Holly ?Hughes? ?Hunter?
Some blonde TH on HLN said Jodi was arrested AWEEK after killing TA~~~~~~ so she had to "rewrite" her journals in jail...
!@#$^*()($#!@#%$^*(
Do your homework so you don't look like a fool
Ms. Holly whoever you are!
Travis was found on 6/9/08
The KILLER was arrested on 7/15/08

if the journals were "rewritten" they were done in the
39 days the killer had from June 5th
to July 14th!!!

grr:banghead::banghead::banghead:
yes it was just a week....

Like others here, I think she's long been involved in petty crime. For at least ten years she lived hand-to-mouth and on the fringes, flitting from job to job and man to man, but alvays (it seems) vith hard cash in her pocket. And, as others have previously noted, look at her skill vith knives (really nasty knives) and her knovvledge of hovv to hide them (and a gun). I don't think she learned such things from reading Nancy Drevv books. I also suspect this explains some of her long-standing relationship vvith MM.

Sorry about the missing double-u.

I'd say this is fitting right about now.....
[video=youtube;BcDhyo-NbDQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcDhyo-NbDQ[/video]

Think she is going to claim witness intimidation via social media and then in addition throw JM into the mix...if this is the issue.

I do believe her behavior on the stand was horrible to JM. Her remark about puttin JM in time out is something the judge needs to fine her for....she is supposed to be a professional and this was most unprofessional. She said more offensive things to the prosecutor as well. And she lied under oath.

IIRC, ALV "Are you mad at me, Mr. Martinez" spiel was during her first shortened exchange with him. Then came the long weekend, where she supposedly got the vapors and ended in the ER. Her "you need to take a time out" remark came after the ER visit and after several in-chambers confabs, following which JM's voice seemed a bit mellower imo but no less effective.

I can't do without mine or else how would I find my cell phone? at least once a week I have to call to find where I left my phone in my house for garage or back porch or car. :banghead:

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Me too! I have even picked it up and answered it ....:blushing: :floorlaugh:

Would they/could they bring this pic in yet?

Strange that this is BEFORE she knew TA -- and is wearing a Superman t-shirt here. Maybe like Superman, Spiderman ??? PLUS she has braid there too. That is a bit of a pattern ( Yes/No ) LOL.

Just throwing it out there...see if anything sticks

580327_367837786668958_809715155_n.jpg

I've been craving some mulagatani for weeks, but restaurants and grocery stores are low priority these days, thanks to The Trial. I was looking on Friday to see what ingredients I have to make soup. It would have to be hot dog and green pepper soup, in a delicate vanilla pudding broth.

Did you know there's a recipe thread? :floorlaugh:

You don't have cinnamon and cayenne pepper? They go with vanilla pudding right?

ETA: I think this may be the post of the day. I'm going to have to go back and start making a list of them.

A reduction is always good.

Savor the bouquet.

ITA. I don't get too excited about any kind of trend showing itself in the jury questions. For all we know, it could be one or two jurors doing 90% of the questions.

On a totally unrelated matter, it seems I have to re-log into WS every few minutes. Is that normal?

No; the site server has been unstable intermittently for at least the past hour or so if not longer.

For all she knew, however, he was supposed to be home between 6-6:30pm. I can't imagine her lurking around the house indefinitely until he arrived, and believe it is entirely possible she stopped somewhere to clean up again which caused the delay getting to Utah.

MOO

Yes, she wanted to get to NV as fast as she could to turn her phone on and call someone to get back on her alibi trip. Awhile ago I looked at phone and mileage and from when she turned her phone on 27 miles before NV to SLC, there was about 5 hrs of extra time. (cleanup, car, weapons, etc.)

Sorry to disagree with you but....That wasn't a slit for silencing. You don't need to almost cut someone's head off to silence their vocal cords.

I see what you're saying, but if she wanted to stop him quickly from moving and making any more noise, I think gwenabob's theory is pretty plausible. It must have been one heck of a sharp knife. The ME said it was one stroke with the knife that did that damage. She didn't saw at it, or take numerous attempts, she did it with one slice. I bet SHE didn't even realize how far the knife would go. Obviously the countless stabs weren't working for her, and he was still moving around and making noise. I agree that she did that to stop him and make him quiet. MOO.

Um, I do. :facepalm:

Me, too. I've had the same number for 36 years. Imagine trying to notify everyone that its been changed. So now I use Call Forwarding to have all the calls automatically sent to my cell. :floorlaugh:

Would they/could they bring this pic in yet?

Strange that this is BEFORE she knew TA -- and is wearing a Superman t-shirt here. Maybe like Superman, Spiderman ??? PLUS she has braid there too. That is a bit of a pattern ( Yes/No ) LOL.

Just throwing it out there...see if anything sticks

580327_367837786668958_809715155_n.jpg
She looks like a child in that photo, although she has to at least be a teenager. What a difference from what we are seeing in court now.

MOO

Cue "The Outer Limits" theme song! I'm not saying I disagree, but for me this is far too devious a plan even for lil miss Einstein.

[video=youtube;4sDOwbYnvP4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDOwbYnvP4[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member