weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes no sense to me that JA would intentionally turn a licence plate upside down. I wonder whether Jodi brought a second plate or set of plates (stolen or borrowed from someone). Switched them after the murder on June 4th to dispose of the gun, gas cans, knife, clothes etc. Then made the error of putting it back on upside down which led Officer Officer Michael Galieti to pull her over.

The investigators would have focused on looking for any trace of a White Ford Focus with Plate #6DGVO99 on video footage and tolls.

I believe she could have had an Arizona plate which would be current and put it on the rear of the car while there. In haste, possibly at night, she removed it and replaced the one from CA, unintentionally putting it upside down.

MOO

My sister in law stabbed her husband 27 times,he bled to death because EMS took so long. Guy was so drunk he didn't even know he'd been stabbed and was wandering around laughing. She pleaded self defense and was found not guilty. She had 15 wits though, if there hadn't been all those wits, I think she would have been convicted.

Wow.

Do you care to expand on this a bit? 15 witnesses, was it a party? What was her demeanor like afterwards? Was she remorseful? I'm sorry you had to go through this.

I think JA should like this song. BETTER DIG TWO by the BAND PERRY.

I think JA (kinda) thought that when she became Mormon (baptized in White) it was like her and TA could be//should be together forever....JMO....of a sick, sick person thoughts like JA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov4I4k3vV3M

" Better Dig Two " -- THE BAND PERRY

I told you on the day we wed
I was gonna love you 'til I's dead
Made you wait 'til our wedding night
That's the first and the last time I'll wear white

So if the ties that bind ever do come loose
Tie 'em in a knot like a hangman's noose
Cause I'll go to heaven or I'll go to hell
Before I'll see you with someone else

Put me in the ground
Put me six foot down
And let the stone say:

"Here lies the girl whose only crutch
Was loving one man just a little too much"
If you go before I do
I'm gonna tell the gravedigger that he better dig two

Well,
It won't be whiskey, won't be meth
It'll be your name on my last breath
If divorce or death ever do us part
The coroner will call it a broken heart

So put me in the ground
Put me six foot down
And let the stone say:

If you go before I do

Dig two
Ooh, ooh

I took your name when I took those vows
I meant 'em back then and I mean 'em right now,
Oh, right now

If the ties that bind ever do come loose
If "forever" ever ends for you
If that ring gets a little too tight
You might as well read me my last rites

And let the stone say:

If you go before I do
Gonna tell the gravedigger that he better dig, uh!

Heavy stone right next to mine,
We'll be together 'til the end of time
Don't you go before I do,

I told you on the day we wed

I just cant feel sorry for serial killers.

A lot of serial killers have been grossly abused but I don't think that makes them sympathetic when they murder people in mass numbers.

IMO

I agree with that too but people like Aileen and Dahmer didn't try to pretend they had done nothing and make up some bogus excuse. They were obviously majorly screwed up.

I do. It was too easily found on Travis' desk after the murder, as if it had been deliberately left there to be found. It also could have been her "excuse" for dropping by.

MOO

OK. That totally blows her I was never there theory.
I'm giving her too much credit aren't I?

There are no Costco's in Yreka, but there are in Redding, Salinas, Mesa, and close to Monterey, and Pasadena.

Costco purchases require a membership. So I wonder which of the people on her route were Costco members. I'm guessing DB. I believe it was him who was supposed to be the one who thinks it's a good idea when travelling long distances to be prepared with gas and water? He's already admitted that he knew she was going to Mesa hasn't he? I think he got inadvertantly dragged into some of this. Which is why he had such a hard time testifying on the stand. I think he's still in denial that she premeditated this and used him as part of her plan. I think he's chosen not to involve himself any further by not giving up some important information. Like whether she brought him a DVD player with remote that day.

MOO

Yes. Note the subject of the June 6th text message to dead Travis. It discusses nothing else but this check. Like her cell phone being turned off for 18 hours, it's another one of Jodi's tricks. And she had a lot of tricks in her bag.

Exactly. I cannot believe that if she had mailed the check to Travis with the intention of him using it that it would have been so prominent on his desk that LE would find it so easily. She left it there on June 4, to try to make it appear as if she had sent it on May 25, the day before the blow up.

MOO

Ya just gotta love someone that gets a rental back and immediately thinks 'Kool-Aid'. The way my skeptical brain works, I'd be thinking MURDER!! I HAVE TO GET ON WEBSLEUTHS!!!

You think that but the truth is that when actually confronted, in real life, with stuff like that, your brain naturally reaches out for explanations that are consistent with everyday, normal life.

Wow.

Do you care to expand on this a bit? 15 witnesses, was it a party? What was her demeanor like afterwards? Was she remorseful? I'm sorry you had to go through this.

We weren't there, it was a Thanksgiving dinner that was in another state. Her husband was always beating on her physically and verbally. He had pinned her down by her throat on a table while all the rest of the family was there and she reached in back of her head, hand found a knife and she stabbed him and just kept stabbing. I don't think she even realized how many times she had stabbed him. She also had prior police reports so that was good for her too.

My sister in law stabbed her husband 27 times,he bled to death because EMS took so long. Guy was so drunk he didn't even know he'd been stabbed and was wandering around laughing. She pleaded self defense and was found not guilty. She had 15 wits though, if there hadn't been all those wits, I think she would have been convicted.

How long ago was that if I may ask?

It is common knowledge women have more favorable results in the justice system anyway whether they claim self defense or don't when it comes to same like crimes. On average a male will serve at least 17 years and if a woman commits a same like crime she is usually out in 7-10 years. I hope that is a disparity that will change and this case will bring much needed awareness that men also can be abused/stalked and murdered by a dangerous abusive female.

I do see that changing somewhat in a few cases of late thankfully. I do not believe in the abuse excuse to begin with. In fact as a DV survivor I think it is a slap in the face to the millions of survivors that never resort to murdering anyone and go on with their lives and became productive citizens.

IMO

I think she stole from the restaurants and other staff members where she worked which is why she went through so many jobs. Just my theory, but I'm looking forward to the post trial spill where people start talking much more openly about the real Jodi Arias.

And I agree, that is cocaine on that table ..

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/04/11/jodi-arias-her-younger-years-bobby-juarez

Neighbour on lying behaviour, not going to school, etc ...

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/04/12/jodi-arias-murder-trial-hln-case-you-missed-it?hpt=hln10_1

BBM - I don't think that's going to happen. Nobody has come forward since the FCA trial concluded to provide any insight. Of course FCA's attorney's are pretty well known for their "strong-arm" tactics and legal threats, so maybe they have intimidated anyone who would have anything to say :dunno:.

I don't know who, other than TA's friends (who will be characterized as biased towards TA IMO) would come forward? We might see some of her former co-workers come forward after the trial, but how well did any of them know her? She never stayed at any job long enough to develop any kind of relationship with her co-workers (plus the couple that have talked don't have much of anything good to say about her, I might add). Her circle of friends seems to have consisted of the friends of whichever guy she was dating at the moment. Much like FCA, she doesn't appear to have had any friends of her own.

I don't think we'll get much insight after trial unless the defendant decides to tell the truth. And I don't hold out much hope of that.

I'm talking about JA twisting this all around to make TA look like a pedophile and/or sexual deviant. It's the position of the defense that even if the jury doesn't buy into the accusation of TA being a pedophile, that having fantasies about a schoolgirl is also deviant. By that logic, wouldn't that make JA a deviant as well then? In their eyes - no, because she was just going along with it to please him, which is BS in my opinion (and these photos speak to that). That is my point - these photos are very good evidence to refute HER false claims.

Sorry bout that. Wasn't so much about your post. Guess I had something waiting to get out and you walked in front of the dart board.

I agree! If my sexual fantasy life could be held against me in a court of law I'd be in prison on charges of raping Daniel Craig.

Johnny Depp here...and it would defintely be a May / December thing :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Dr. Samuels said when Jodi left the fake v-mail message for Travis, sent the bogus e-mails and text messages after the killing, she was creating an "alternate universe" ... and here I was thinking she was creating an alibi.

:floorlaugh:

But don't you understand? My God, she vas traumatized by the trauma of slaughtering him! Of course she created an "alternative universe." It's a trauma for her and you, dear lady, are absolutely out of bounds. "I beg your pardon, sir!" Harumph! :floorlaugh:

Well he does look pretty upset, and the judge seems disgusted with ALV.

I thought this was just a regular break; no idea it was a timeout, wow!

I figured <modsnip> had to go get something??? I sure wish I knew what THE QUESTION was?!?! Maybe he'll write a book someday and we'll all find out!! :banghead:

I agree! If my sexual fantasy life could be held against me in a court of law I'd be in prison on charges of raping Daniel Craig.

He just used the word "rape" to express his strong desire to fck Jodi. Nothing more. He qualified it in a text message, "rape but you'd enjoy it". On the other hand, Jodi admitted to having rape fantasies on the witness stand, which she tried to characterize as "ravishment" fantasies. It's the same thing though.

Interesting that Jodi would be entertaining ravishment fantasies about the man she claimed anally raped her on the day of her baptism and made her feel like a "used piece of toilet paper". That's some strange "rape victim" Jodi is.

She quit her job the day before. She was not coming back...
She was leaving the country imo

No wonder they hauled her in when they did ....

I don't know if this has been discussed.

This is an entry from Jodi's journal, written before she murdered Travis Alexander. It was read on Nancy Grace last week.

"I Love him, I could not possibly love him not, though I wish I could stop. Turn it off like a light switch. Duct tape it down so it can't turn back on. Or better yet, just cut the circuit. Cut off its life source, dead in a second. Lifeless. A meaningless network of wires that do and mean nothing."

Wow, why didn't she tear this out during her editing spree? That's the motive right there, she killed him so she could move on.

LOL! I know what you mean but they probably are use to cleaning up quite a few stains on the vehicles they get back in.

I have never had to rent a vehicle but I thought if it wasn't brought back like it was when they gave it to you .............you would have to pay extra for the cleaning. Did they even charge her with not having the floor mats?

IMO

Not having returned any rental cars in any condition other than how I rented them, I am not sure.

I am slightly confused about the gasoline, however. She has a purchase in Redding immediately before the car is returned, yet I also have read somewhere that she was charged by the rental car agency for refilling the tank.

:confused:

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members