weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Jodi still working for PPL when she moved back to Yreka?

If so, who was her director or whatever the terms used?

Was is still Travis?

Because if so, this could of caused a cuss between the two.

Jodi never had money. It seems that she mismanaged money. It's totally possible that she did blow it. It's possible that Uhaul awarded her money around that time, but the payment hadn't arrived, and Travis somehow found out about through his lawyer or by talking to Uhaul. I do not know.

I just cant feel sorry for serial killers.

A lot of serial killers have been grossly abused but I don't think that makes them sympathetic when they murder people in mass numbers.

IMO

ITA. either he wasn't dying quickly enough or he was making too many noises. The throat was intended to have a quick result.

She said: "He was still in there".

Just venting...Was watching Day 3 again with Ms. Connor, and Dr. Horn; just had to say 1st I was annoyed how JW and KN were giggling and chatting right after Ms. Connor had been discussing the 'stains' of a BRUTAL murder. Maybe they are used to seeing that, but giggle behind close doors, not in front of the camera.
2nd and more disturbing was how JA has to look up from her pretend crying every time a new picture of TA injured and deceased is shown.

aaaaaaahhhhh..

Since her folks had a restaurant, they were probably Costco members and possibly had a card for her. Wouldn't surprise me if she helped herself to her parent's restaurant supplies or stuff out of their garage/cupboards on a regular basis. I let my young adult kids take whatever they want/need out of my cupboards, but they never take advantage of it.

I was reading the interrogation transcripts thread and Jodi said that DB had footed the bill for her at Costco when discussing her preparation and visits to DB and MM before leaving in her road trip. I know everyone has questioned where the Costco water came from and from what I read DB bought it for her at Costco, using his card I guess.

Furthermore she said she owed him a lot of money and also owed her grandparents a lot of money as well.

ITA!If he needed money he wouldn't have sold JA the car to pay back in minimum of 100$/month increments.

Especially when he was asking $6,500 for it.

Does anyone else remember the testimony (I believe from JA) that a friend of hers from work wanted to buy it and offered $4,000 or $4,500 for it but Travis turned it down because he could get more for it? Was I dreaming that?

It has been a rough 24 hours for me. I found out last night that my dear friends husband and her 16 year old nephew were killed in a horrific car accident on highway 1 in Sonoma yesterday. According to an eye witness his car drifted across the center divider and crashed into a tree- it was 11:30 in the morning. The car exploded on impact and by the time the firetruck arrived 15 minutes later the car had melted in to the asphalt. I have known the 16 yo since he was a newborn baby. :(

or the older 1/2 sister and brother...
where are they and why have they not supported JA?

I posted about this a long time ago. As soon as JA's younger siblings were born, that is when she turned into the little jealous angry child. She no longer had all the attention from her parents. She rejected her parents. She was out for revenge. She wanted TOTAL CONTROL

JMO

I haven't heard a lot of coughing in the courtroom for what that's worth.

I have not either.
I did read that someone said he was coughing.
Means nuthin... but my nurse brain thinks oh ch!t!
Must be that pertussis commercial... I pandemic easily... lol

Honestly I think he was the juror that needed 2 days off and they decided to release him rather than take 2 days off.
jmo

I'm with you on that one. I do the same thing (mute) but I wanted to hear katiecoolady on the radio show and Beth Karas of course, so I had to put up with her. Plus she is very critical of Juan's style and sings her own praises of how awesome she was as a prosecutor. Aggressive and a bull dog, but not mean and angry like JM ... Pfffft.

On HLN she had the nerve to say that Juan's style was hurtful to Travis's family and that they probably resented him. I knew right then that she knows NOTHING at all about Travis's family or this trial.

I guess I missed your point. I was posting back and forth with a Georgia Girl about how I lived in Cali and now live in the South as it relates to ALV.

I am sorry. I was referring to juror 11. Not about ALV.
I apologize for confusing you!
I got what you meant about Cali vs the south...

If she told him she had a payment for him, AND she was on her way to visit her new boyfriend in Utah, he would probably feel greatly relieved, and allow her to rest before she continued her drive. JMO

Yeah, I get why people have trouble with the idea he would have let her into his home/bed that day. But, as someone with mostly single friends, it's not strange at all to me. One day they're in love, the next they hate each other, they break up and get back together 10 times, each time swearing this is really it, etc, etc.

I haven't heard a lot of coughing in the courtroom for what that's worth.

We heard a lot of coughing in the courtroom before Juror #11 was dismissed because he was ill. Not sure if that was the person coughing - But we did hear coughing. In fact, the Judge even paused a couple of times during testimony because of the coughing.

or the older 1/2 sister and brother...
where are they and why have they not supported JA?

The list of those who haven't supported JA and her story are legion. I don't think she has even tried to reach out to her family until after the murder when she thought she might need them. This is a chick who truly lived the path less traveled as far as close friends and confidants.

Jodi is having someone update her FB page: <url snipped so as not to promote it> pic updated 16 hrs ago. Donovan obviously has the passwords now. Nice.

ETA: she's taking friend requests by the looks. I'm annoyed, but intrigued.

Well then Donovan might want to update Jodi's photo album that is titled "1000 places to see before you die" to "1000 places, I'll NEVER see cause I'm gonna die in prison"

If she told him she had a payment for him, AND she was on her way to visit her new boyfriend in Utah, he would probably feel greatly relieved, and allow her to rest before she continued her drive. JMO

I want to say that's plausible, but then I remember that Travis knew what a liar she is.

Yeah, I get why people have trouble with the idea he would have let her into his home/bed that day. But, as someone with mostly single friends, it's not strange at all to me. One day they're in love, the next they hate each other, they break up and get back together 10 times, each time swearing this is really it, etc, etc.

hehe..my college student son has a best friend who does that...he shows up at my house all the time has no place to live...its over..couple of days later hes gone ...we dont see him for a while ...then one day he shows up and the whole things starts over...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisy24