weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More than a few jurors will perk up if topless women pics are introduced as evidence. They'll be left to wonder why female pics and not little boys though, because Dworkin won't know and ALV, hopefully, won't be around to solve that enigma.

People sometimes say things they know will be most hurtful after a break up. As far as being a UFC fan, that is about as relevant as ALV blurting out TA was a Republican. Based on this photo that NG has shown a few times, I have a feeling JA was also a UFC fan.

jodi.jpg

That photo reminded me of her text: "I'll whatever you in the nose, Travis". I bet she's punched a few people in her day.

JMHO.

Mel

Good Morning WS members,
I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Mods Please Delete if the is not allowed.
I can not believe this woman set up a twitter account, if in fact it is her IDK.
Alyce LaViolette ‏@AlyceLaViolette 9h

Learned how to protect my account. Goodbye negativity. Thanks again to the supporters.

That photo reminded me of her text: "I'll whatever you in the nose, Travis". I bet she's punched a few people in her day.

JMHO.

Mel

Wouldn't mind seeing Cat Zingano or Ronda Rousey have a go at her for 3 rounds.

Does anyone remember the exact jury question to ALV...something like, given the injuries Travis received vs the injuries JA received, is it more likely Travis was the victim of DV, and she answered "no"
was that the question?

(going to funeral for mom today, not thinking clearly) sorry.

More than a few jurors will perk up if topless women pics are introduced as evidence. They'll be left to wonder why female pics and not little boys though, because Dworkin won't know and ALV, hopefully, won't be around to solve that enigma.

Personally and for that very reason I'm hoping there is adult *advertiser censored* on his computer! Please be true!

Good Morning my fellow sleuthers!!!!! Each day we are getting closer to a verdict. I'm sure it will be the verdict Juan is after

Just finished watching court from Friday and seeing the judge put the hammer down on ALV at the end was pretty great. Basically telling her to shut her face and tell her personal problems to someone who cares, and make sure your butt is in that chair Tuesday. Wow, I've never seen the judge so ferocious!

Hi, Is this picture exactly as it was when they found him? Do they have the CD JA said TA threw across the room? Thx

The CD that ricocheted off the wall several times before finally hitting poor, abused Jodi?

Poor Jodi, even the walls and CD abused her!

Good Morning WS members,
I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Mods Please Delete if the is not allowed.
I can not believe this woman set up a twitter account, if in fact it is her IDK.
Alyce LaViolette ‏@AlyceLaViolette 9h

Learned how to protect my account. Goodbye negativity. Thanks again to the supporters.

She shouldn't be talking if she's under subpoena should she? Anyhow, I am trying to word my question politely... I wonder in what decade ALV's picture was taken...... It's the same one on her website

Yes, you can see the window at the left in the photo here:

ScreenShot2013-03-16at121916AM_zps22d51d52.png

What a beautiful office setup. I'm sure JA thought she had died and gone to heaven ... no wonder she could not let TA go. IMHO she had never experienced any type of relationship of this level with any other man. I believe that is the "stressor" that took her over the top with this breakup. She lost her chance at the brass ring.

I was thinking something along those lines too. Perhaps Battered Partner Syndrome. I haven't read it yet, so I don't want to judge it just by the title, however I read on ALV's CV she wrote an article called "Battered Husband Syndrome and Other Myths". Just another one of her catchy titles I guess. Extremely insulting and dismissive to any man who has been the victim of domestic abuse.

I do believe that it is possible for someone to be in such an abusive relationship where they see no other way out and that their life is in jeopardy. I also believe it can and has been the go-to excuse for female murderers to attempt to excuse their crime when no such abuse took place, or at least nothing that put them in a life or death situation.

Because it has conveniently been named Battered WOMEN Syndrome only women have used it in criminal court as a defense to get away with murder most of the time imo. If a woman murders an adult male this defense seems to be attached to the hip of women who murder.

While there are cases of true abuse suffered at the hands of the abuser that results in the murder of the abuser it is a very rare occurrence. If murder occurs it is usually done by the abuser and not the victim who has had to endure it.

Most women or men who are DV victims do NOT resort to harming their abuser or murdering them. The same goes for the men and women who suffered horrific abuses as a child. Most all do not go on to murder their abuser.

Can you imagine the outrage if a mental health professional had named the syndrome Battered Men Syndrome? Why men never protested this discriminatory label I don't know unless they already know that society views female abuse much differently than they do when males suffer the same abuses. It is like our society has promoted the myth that women who have been abused are somehow more worthy of justice than men who suffer at the hands of a dangerous female.

One thing that Travis' case is doing is bringing more awareness that domestic violence abuse is not just a one sided gender issue. Imo men have had to handle this abuse in silence for way too long because no one even understands what they go through too and it is all the same things a female suffers from when abused.

I think it would be wonderful and healing for the Alexander family if they would open up a battered shelter for men in the name of their beloved brother who was murdered because of domestic violence. Maybe if men knew they had some kind of support group out there and more understanding they would be more apt to report instead of being the least likely to ever report abuse done to them by a female.

IMO

She shouldn't be talking if she's under subpoena should she? Anyhow, I am trying to word my question politely... I wonder in what decade ALV's picture was taken...... It's the same one on her website

I can't imagine she has a twitter account. This coming from the witness who said she doesn't use e-mail, and doesn't know what an IM is. Unless she was fibbing to cover her lack of knowledge on this case.

Hmmmm.....

MOO

Melanie

JMHO.

Mel

Mornin' peeps!

:coffeews:

BBM

:waitasec: I wonder why ALV didn't think that was abuse! :rolleyes:

What a beautiful office setup. I'm sure JA thought she had died and gone to heaven ... no wonder she could not let TA go. IMHO she had never experienced any type of relationship of this level with any other man. I believe that is the "stressor" that took her over the top with this breakup. She lost her chance at the brass ring.

I agree, and from the looks of the place seen the photos of JA and Bobby Juarez, as well as the looks of her bedroom at her grandparents' home, she was used to "trashy" living....in more ways than one too!

We have seen what grandparent's house looked like, but have we seen what her prior home with DB looked like and her family home. IIRC the family home was also in disrepair.

So I agree, she was looking for the ideal life she had conjured up in her head, the relationship with TA was about material things not love for her.

K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members