weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anywhoo my brain is fried. :eek:fftobed:

Have a great night and day everyone.

Jodi's biggest defenders seem to be men. Same was true with Amanda Knox, but at least she was innocent.

The snarky tiger/bear question sounds like something a man would write -- a man who thinks he's smarter than he really is.

I'm thinking you may be right and here's an example. Granted not a very good one but ...
On HLN's After Dark show, not that I watch it but heard the outcome, the question was: Would Jodi Arias be a danger to society if released (or something similar). Out of 12 people, all said Guilty except 2 men. My mouth dropped open hearing that because of all people, after JA just horribly sliced up and shot a man, those 2 men thought her not to be dangerous. WOW.

It just hit me! The PHOTOGRAPHER who was always known to carry her camera everywhere, didn't take any pics of her and her alibi Ryan in Utah.

Guess why!

A) You don't know that for a fact
B) Why? Her fingers hurt?

One would think that an internet savvy premeditating murderess planning to lure her victim into the shower and take photos ultimately documenting her presence at the scene, then tossing the camera into the washer would have googled whether the documenting photos were likely to survive before tossing the camera into the wash.

Here are the first few hits on a pre-6/2008 search of what happens when you wash a camera and/or the memory card:

Even if a digital camera does not survive, the photos might survive, as the memory card has a good survival chance. SIMilarly, a mobile phone memory may survive with your contacts, even if the phone doesn't survive.

http://www.zyra.info/elecaqu.htm

Michael Ging , Mar 03, 2007; 05:46 p.m.

I have washed mine without having any problems. A canon Rep once told me that the killer of these things is lint from your pocket that gets in one of the little holes that the interface plugs into and that will ruin a card faster than anything.

Doug Axford , Mar 03, 2007; 06:09 p.m.

I had the one that came with a camera years ago go through both washer & dryer and was fine. Trying it in your card reader & an older camera first is good advice. Maybe you should take it into a camera store and demo a camera with it. That should get the camera store guys hating me!

F. Fanta , Mar 03, 2007; 07:11 p.m.

I washed a Sundisk with the laundry at 60 C and was fine. If concerned, why don't you try it with a card reader before using it in a camera?

http://photo.net/digital-darkroom-forum/00KBcC

The memory cards used in most modern cameras are virtually indestructible, according to tests conducted by Digital Camera Shopper magazine in 2004.

All Five memory card formats survived being boiled, trampled by a skateboard, put through a washing machine, dunked in coffee and cola, run over by a child's toy car and given to a six-year-old boy to destroy.

Most of them did fail to get through two additional tests - being smashed by a sledgehammer and being nailed to a tree - although, even then, data experts were able to retrieve photos from the xD and Smartmedia cards.

http://www.intco.biz/technology/memory-cards.htm

Thanks for this ^
I'm surprised so many assume it wouldn't survive the wash.
I really wouldn't know.

One would think that an internet savvy premeditating murderess planning to lure her victim into the shower and take photos ultimately documenting her presence at the scene, then tossing the camera into the washer would have googled whether the documenting photos were likely to survive before tossing the camera into the wash.

Here are the first few hits on a pre-6/2008 search of what happens when you wash a camera and/or the memory card:

Even if a digital camera does not survive, the photos might survive, as the memory card has a good survival chance. SIMilarly, a mobile phone memory may survive with your contacts, even if the phone doesn't survive.

I have washed mine without having any problems. A canon Rep once told me that the killer of these things is lint from your pocket that gets in one of the little holes that the interface plugs into and that will ruin a card faster than anything.

I had the one that came with a camera years ago go through both washer & dryer and was fine. Trying it in your card reader & an older camera first is good advice. Maybe you should take it into a camera store and demo a camera with it. That should get the camera store guys hating me!

I washed a Sundisk with the laundry at 60 C and was fine. If concerned, why don't you try it with a card reader before using it in a camera?

The memory cards used in most modern cameras are virtually indestructible, according to tests conducted by Digital Camera Shopper magazine in 2004.

All Five memory card formats survived being boiled, trampled by a skateboard, put through a washing machine, dunked in coffee and cola, run over by a child's toy car and given to a six-year-old boy to destroy.

Most of them did fail to get through two additional tests - being smashed by a sledgehammer and being nailed to a tree - although, even then, data experts were able to retrieve photos from the xD and Smartmedia cards.

One would think no such thing. You're talking about a variable that she likely did not anticipate.

I doubt her plans before June 4th included, "get him into the shower and take pictures, then strike".

Yes, the crack photographer was instrumental in Travis making his decision on which camera to purchase. [sarcasm]

Oh !!! So she didn't read the fine print that said that "even if you throw my a## into the washing machine with some bleach", you cannot erase what you just thought you just deleted.....:facepalm:

Can we put this Tiger versus the Bear carp to bed already? Dr. D is a licensed psychologist (unlike what the DT offered) and she knew the differences between how a person would react between the two and how it would effect them as far as PTSD is concerned. For instance, if a person were bit by a dog that may cause them trauma - but if it were a little 5 week old Chihuahua or a 7 year old Doberman

Never mind.....:floorlaugh:
sure!
o/t
:blushing: I got bit by a duck. I am still freakin scared of them.
No crackers for them!!!

(my dad soaked crakers in wine on the golf course in Callaway Gardens 50 years ago... and fed them to the geese. The golf course was a "mess") :floorlaugh:

** not nice dad!

I really had to laugh when Det. Flores said that he had a picture of her in pigtails and she said "Pigtails?" like it was the most preposterous thing she had ever heard and even better when he showed her the picture she said "that looks like me". Too funny. Even when she now knew that they had recovered all the deleted and washed pictures, it didn't throw her for too much of a loop. Very cool and controlled.

Not to bring up another case here on Websleuths, but I must....... the Laci Peterson case, when the husband was confronted by LE of the infamous photo of him and his paramour, the photo from the Xmas party, he said something to the effect, "That's not me." .................... :rolleyes:

Seems an MO of this personality type. :slap:

just sayin'
fran

I think a lot of things didn't go as planned though. If her original plan was to use her own camera, there was no need to get information on if the camera would survive the washer or not---she naturally would have taken her own camera with her. Things changed though and his camera was used for whatever reason.

It just hit me! The PHOTOGRAPHER who was always known to carry her camera everywhere, didn't take any pics of her and her alibi Ryan in Utah.

Guess why!

Because of the cuts from the glass, the piece of metal and the apple incident? :twocents:

One would think no such thing. You're talking about a variable that she likely did not anticipate.

I doubt her plans before June 4th included, "get him into the shower and take pictures, then strike".

what was her plan, in your opinion?

I'll bite. Why?

:dunno:

She had wounds on her hands?
* just a guess
but she could crop her hands out -

I can't figure out why she wouldn't document her alibi
in photographs.
Sure sounds like she didn't strip nude for Ryan.
She didn't stay long.

it is odd.

Guess why!

It was her photo card in TA's camera? Where they interchangeable?

Snarky or stupid. If snarky, the questioner thinks they're the cat's zzz, if stupid..."oh no"! I've read many sites tonight trying to figure this question out one way or another and so far, I've not seen a single reason for this bizarre question. I'm leaning toward stupid.

moo

I worked on this last day if testimony/questions, thus catching up, but I am right with you guys on having concerns. I do believe this stems from JWs endless exchange with Dr D about what one would discern from someone's planning abilities in fright or flight and in executive brain function. Why leave a camera with all the evidence and JD was trying to say it was bc the pics were deleted and then washed. The questions were not clear on this at all.:banghead:

Re: JW's insistance that if Jodi had planned the murder she would have done a better job of cleaning up....

A) Jodi's initial alibi was to pretend she was never there, so all she had to get rid of was the gun and the knife
B) Jodi had to be out of there before she was seen. See A above.
C) Jodi is not all that bright, and she doesn't work for Servpro. See B above.

:dunno:

She had wounds on her hands?
* just a guess
but she could crop her hands out -

I can't figure out why she wouldn't document her alibi
in photographs.
Sure sounds like she didn't strip nude for Ryan.
She didn't stay long.

it is odd.

Good one!!!! The bandaids or whatever that the people at the PPL gathering had mentioned!

I think a lot of things didn't go as planned though. If her original plan was to use her own camera, there was no need to get information on if the camera would survive the washer or not---she naturally would have taken her own camera with her. Things changed though and his camera was used for whatever reason.

Why would it matter whose camera it was to want the evidence gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717