weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Juan Martinez is stuck with the same person the DT is stuck with. The same fantasy story, the same evil person. Juan Martinez is the person "cracking this case open" There is one victim, Travis. There is one killer, JA. What do you expect the DT team to do?

Support their client to the best of their abilities, nothing more, nothing less.

BBM~ :floorlaugh:

They didn't see the censored versions.

I think they don't make eye contact with her because they have no desire to commune with her 'in that way'.

It is common for jurors to avoid any contact of any sort with defendants, but there are certainly exceptions.

This Maricopa County, Arizona crew probably hasn't apologized to her or bought her books, magazines, twenty irises, etc.

The thing is- most criminals are not going to plead guilty, they are liars and cowards who don't want to face consequences for their actions. Jodi was only willing to plead guilty to 2nd degree murder, which this isn't! That's why Juan flat out rejected her plea, even though she threatened to trash Travis through character assasination, and she made good on that threat.

Yes, and our 'justice system' has led to this.

In most cases, there is every inducement to plead not guilty and to be carried by the taxpayers who foot the bill for prosecution and defense.

Laughable, really...

Just checking in everyone. Already going through withdrawals. Hope all fellow WSers are having a nice weekend!

And I'm not saying that to slam Juan. Even though I really don't like him, what I'm saying in this post has nothing to do with that. It would be true, imo, for any prosecutor trying this case.

LOL

My uncle is a judge and growing up, I watched many prosecutors muck and jack up cases so thoroughly even the defendant's reaction is "... W T F??" Seriously.

There are many who can and have destroyed slam dunk cases.

What do you think is more tortuous? Being required to testify in a hearing over 3 weeks to get ruled against , then finding small consolations such as him receiving less attention, only to have to respond to a friend who has run across his singles ad because its still up,there?

I ignore almost every correspondence I receive on our lengthy appeals...they go in the garbage unopened although they come several times per year. I've told my advocate to,call me if its something I need to be involved in but the system keeps us updated.

I wrote those posts in an isolated exchange over 25 years now almost now. Torture is every Christmas Eve, the day her body was,found. Torture is an emissary for her killer showing up on my doorstep 2 weeks before Christmas asking my assistance with his appeal. We live with recurring torture every year as this goes on.

Yet I manage a successful professional life and loving relationships and opportunities to help when I can. This sharing was meant to educate what families deal with post death penalty.

If you walk in my shoes and find a better way to cope, I'm all ears. I'm doing the best I can, and at times it includes being completely pissed off and outraged and I use this voice God gave me.

We all agree with you. And those senseless appeals should stop NOW. There is a lot wrong in our judicial system. I am sorry.

I think I was misunderstood. I feel your pain and I know what you've gone through. I've gone through a similar situation. I was talking about what the poster children supporters and reading or listening to what they have said. The idea that there are groups that support those people is totally disgusting. I've been tortured in the same sort of way as you described and still go through it. Any attention given to the offender/criminal makes my skin crawl. The one I refer to went unpunished even though he committed murder. The fact that he walks the streets, breathes the air and lives the high life despite his many crimes is very hard to deal with. I literally live for the day that he no longer breathes on this earth. I'm sorry if you thought I was being offensive, I didn't mean to sound that way. I really was more reacting to that website.

Signed back on to respond to this. I apologize. I'm very over reactive right now and my emotions are right on the surface. In fact I write this with tears streaming down my face thinking of the loss of innocence so many of us including you have endured. Second to my sister and missing her, I miss my innocence the most. I work very hard sometimes to retain a spark of light inside me. This,trial has just gone on too damn long. Fatigue. Memories.

I'm sorry for a misunderstanding...I love you all for being patient with me, the ones who are I mean. I have a few in solitary confinement ;)

I think the thingthat bothers me most about this trial is the judge. She doesnt seem to respect the jurors' time. They are the invited guests and all should be done to keep them on a schedule, to stop the witnesses from 20 minute nonanswers disguised as testimony and to take their comfort into account more than the defendant.

I disagree. It is up to the attorneys to object or not. The jurors are not "invited guests".

We learn Arias`s grandparents` house under secret police surveillance, cops watching Arias pack and load boxes to flee. Packed, two knives and a secret .9-millimeter gun, hidden so well only found when her rental car was finally serviced.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/22/ng.01.html

Will this kind of evidence be allowed to be presented in the punishment phase to help illustrate that Jodi IS definitely a threat to society?

LOL

My uncle is a judge and growing up, I watched many prosecutors muck and jack up cases so thoroughly even the defendant's reaction is "... W T F??" Seriously.

There are many who can and have destroyed slam dunk cases.

Ya. Remember OJ's gloves? :facepalm:

No emotion at all, just matter of fact affect. This question always bothered me because we would not do what the juror asked her to do which was use her finger to diagram what happened that day. She would not touch the screen or even focus on the layout. Just talked with her hands, facing the jury.

I was watching the testimony of the lady where they showed all the pictures of the evidence taken from the home...anyway I noticed Jodi fake-cried and hid her head ONLY at the pics of Travis' body and a few of the ones of the blood stains. However, I would think if it was true PTSD, she would have started showing emotion starting from the first pictures of the house, such as the laundry room, the washer/dryer, the office, the bedroom. These were all directly related to actions during/after the supposed "trauma" occured, yet she showed NO signs of anguish/stress.

Do you think you could do any better?
The defense is stuck with a fantasy story made up by an ill person. What do you expect them to do? They are doing the best they can with what they got. On the other hand the prosecution has it on easy street. Do you think it is JM is the only person that can crack this case open? <mod snip>

The burden of proof is on the prosecution. The defense gets away with so much more so they do have a severe they could be doing a much better job. And they could also be doing it with ethics and not character assassination and
lies about a dead man.

she might be able to guess the meaning of the word ally if you gave her three choices: a) a vegetable b) a tool c) a friend.

<respectful snippage>

~ I still say she heard it this way ~

Choose the response which means the same as "a lie":

• a) What you just told
  • b) The opposite of "a truth"
  • c) Your defense
  • d) All of the above

Signed back on to respond to this. I apologize. I'm very over reactive right now and my emotions are right on the surface. In fact I write this with tears streaming down my face thinking of the loss of innocence so many of us including you have endured. Second to my sister and missing her, I miss my innocence the most. I work very hard sometimes to retain a spark of light inside me. This,trial has just gone on too damn long. Fatigue. Memories.

I'm sorry for a misunderstanding...I love you all for being patient with me, the ones who are I mean. I have a few in solitary confinement ;)
We are all here for you - however you need to be. Few of us have had to endure the horror and pain you have to live with. This case has made us so passionate. I find myself ranting sometimes because it was all such a sick waste. and I can't go back and change anything - yet want to so much. I would have TA being the man he was destined to be , flaws and all, there for his family and friends as he always was.

IS that why you think they don't make eye contact with Jodi? Because of highly censored photos?

When JW and JA recreated the photo (of JA and her sister in response to the bent finger issue) and JW allowed JA's arm to drape over her shoulder, I recoiled. I kept thinking how far I'd go to avoid having any physical contact with her or even to acknowledge her as a person. That's how horrified I was by the uncensored photographs.

No way would I let that chick touch me or whisper her hot breath into my ear.

"You're good at scribbling, write me a note." That's what I would tell her.

Will this kind of evidence be allowed to be presented in the punishment phase to help illustrate that Jodi IS definitely a threat to society?
The guns and knives that were found in her car when she was arrested. Where'd the EEK smily go???

This is NOT the Amanda Knox thread. Thank You.

My mother always use to say "You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar."

To which my father would holler out from the living room to reply, "Women that derive the entire identity from their husband turn into nasty, mean spirited, snippy old hens."

I always wondered what he meant by that. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member