weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of jumping off from your post, Minor4th wrote a really good post many weeks ago (I think it was while Jodi was on the stand) about how she thought the whole purpose of this trial for Jodi was to make Travis' friends and family suffer. The story you mention here is one of the reasons I agree with Minor. I think she really wanted all those people who made her feel bad get what she thought they had coming.

So do I, and I think that's why she went to the memorial. She still resents them for getting involved. I think she resents Travis for letting them and for eventually seeing what they were talking about. I think that's part of the reason she called him a pedophile in particular, destroying his sexuality and manhood, if she could have used the 'small penis' defence she would have.

Jodi is the one responsible that is for sure, but I agree that labelling just doesn't help. I don't think that in order to have compassion for Travis and to see that he is a complete victim means you have to turn off your ability to have compassion for Jodi too, and try and see things from her side. Clearly she has not helped, she's calling him a pedophile and an abuser in open court FGS which is just, well, I mean it makes me wild because its just such slander!

Someone did try and contact her mother, I have a feeling it was Travis or one of his friends, her mother said 'he' when describing the person who called, and really it was a family problem, but Jodi made it very difficult for her family to get involved too. She really is her own worst enemy in so many ways .. because she is so severely disturbed IMO.

But yes, I want to go beyond the negative feelings I have towards her and try and have an understanding of her side of the experience. She is disturbed and damaged, was friendless and untreated. I don't believe that anyone on this planet is pure evil or pure goodness .. that is just not my experience of human nature.

I believe pure evil does exist in our world. I don't mean to belabor the point, but I again would ask...does anyone think Ted Bundy could have been helped with treatment? Look at how Eric Harris's parents tried, futilely, to get him help and he was only 18 years old! Some people are just damaged beyond repair, and there are no social or environmental factors to be blamed. They just are what they are. I believe Jodi Arias falls in that category.

I have no sympathy for her, and I think her side of the experience was what she made it. If it hadn't been Travis it would have been another poor soul that fell into her trap.

:seeya:.

:rocker: I also think she may have purposely left the camera behind so it is found.

She even said after the state denied the second degree murder plea, she'd drag Travis and LDS church through the mud.

imo, she started to plan the killing once she left AZ and stole the ring.

Then it escalated (May25 texts), because Travis would expose her ways to PPL/Mormon men.

Jodi was bad news and she would not be able to capture her next victim in her web.

She put an end to that quickly and funnily enough moved on to Ryan B.

When did she say that and to whom??? I never heard that before..

she DIDN'T leave, after the host told her she was unwelcome , she said ok, then went and sat in the kitchen.

Yes, that's right. That's what she was saying, that is was a strange thing to do considering.

I hope the jury reviews early testimony. I've been listening to det. Flores. The second phone conversation he had with her is the first time she mentions 2 intruders.

I'd completely forgotten that!

But, but, but…on her 1st face-to-face interrogation she was going with the "I wasn't anywhere near Arizona" story. :what:

she DIDN'T leave, after the host told her she was unwelcome , she said ok, then went and sat in the kitchen.

That's actually what Mrs G said. The friend talking about it on HLN said if it had been her, she would have left in tears. However, Jodi went and sat in the kitchen and stared at them all.

I would have called the police. Especially with my children there.

She never did once apologize for what she has done, correct?

I don't believe she has. All she's done is explain/justify/blame/rationalize and lie some more.

I'm wondering if she'll try to play it off as if she doesn't care once she hears the guilty verdict or if she'll collapse because she truly thinks she's walking away from this.

I believe pure evil does exist in our world. I don't mean to belabor the point, but I again would ask...does anyone think Ted Bundy could have been helped with treatment? Look at how Eric Harris's parents tried, futilely, to get him help and he was only 18 years old! Some people are just damaged beyond repair, and there are no social or environmental factors to be blamed. They just are what they are. I believe Jodi Arias falls in that category.

I have no sympathy for her, and I think her side of the experience was what she made it. If it hadn't been Travis it would have been another poor soul that fell into her trap.

:seeya:.

I think what I am trying to say is she is damaged beyond repair, but seeing the situation from her POV gives a broader picture and may be important in understanding the full dynamic, and MAY help people in similar situations learn how to respond in a way which wont lead to such a tragic outcome.

She never did once apologize for what she has done, correct?

I reads this morning court docs, that say she can't ever apologize or admit to anything because of her defense strategy. It would "conflict" with her "abuse" defense to ever accept blame. And also, the jurors should be told not to hold her "lack of remorse" into account during the sentencing phase, bc of her "abuse" story.

No ma'am. This is a phone interview shortly after he was killed. Long before Flores went to Yreka and did the interviews we've watched.

She says a few times how strong he is. She asks about weapons used. She says he's so strong, she thinks it would take 2 people to subdue him.

Funny because that was before Flores even told her how he died. She does say that a friend told her there was a lot of blood.

HOLY CARP! I did NOT know that! Thx kscornfed! Every time I think it couldn't possibly get any worse and couldn't possibly hate her more...BAM...yet another reason added to the gahzillion ones I already have to FURTHER feel NO sympathy for this _____!!!

I honestly don't see how there are individuals who sympathize with her..I DON'T understand that logic.

So do I, and I think that's why she went to the memorial. She still resents them for getting involved. I think she resents Travis for letting them and for eventually seeing what they were talking about. I think that's part of the reason she called him a pedophile in particular, destroying his sexuality and manhood, if she could have used the 'small penis' defence she would have.

ITA. Pedophilia was the atomic bomb she got to throw at all the people who had "wronged" her. In the 1950's she would have said he was a Communist.

I'm still hopeful that JM will put somebody on the stand that will refute the pedophilia claim because it doesn't make sense. I think a lot of people feel that Jodi sprinkled the truth in with her lies, and it concerns me that this lie will have legs, so to speak. Not the jury, I'm not worried about them. It's all those people who don't follow the trial closely I worry about.

I think what I am trying to say is she is damaged beyond repair, but seeing the situation from her POV gives a broader picture and may be important in understanding the full dynamic, and MAY help people in similar situations learn how to respond in a way which wont lead to such a tragic outcome.

I agree. There is a difference between wanting to understand and excusing. We as a society cannot tolerate people like Jodi. That means she should be removed from it AND that we have an interest in understanding how and why behavior like hers exists in the first place.

But, but, but…on her 1st face-to-face interrogation she was going with the "I wasn't anywhere near Arizona" story. :what:

She was suggesting to him 2 people did it. Yes, she said she wasn't there as well. This was just what she was telling det. Flores about what MIGHT have happened to him, in her opinion.

So when she found out about the pictures and her DNA being there later, she merged her stories, sort of-----well, I WAS there but there were 2 intruders.

So BOOM. This IS the reason she took 2 weapons, which makes premeditation that much stronger!!!

No ma'am. This is a phone interview shortly after he was killed. Long before Flores went to Yreka and did the interviews we've watched.

She says a few times how strong he is. She asks about weapons used. She says he's so strong, she thinks it would take 2 people to subdue him.

Funny because that was before Flores even told her how he died. She does say that a friend told her there was a lot of blood.

Plus, I might add, the first video recorded interview (imo) was when first questioned at a police station... which she FAILED....big time ......and was subsequently arrested....lmao...the next day while in the issued orange jumpsuit she spewed the 2 intruder ninja story she dreamed up the previous night.

ITA. Pedophilia was the atomic bomb she got to throw at all the people who had "wronged" her. In the 1950's she would have said he was a Communist.

I'm still hopeful that JM will put somebody on the stand that will refute the pedophilia claim because it doesn't make sense. I think a lot of people feel that Jodi sprinkled the truth in with her lies, and it concerns me that this lie will have legs, so to speak. Not the jury, I'm not worried about them. It's all those people who don't follow the trial closely I worry about.

I think the pedo claim will be hit hard during the sentencing phase.

In one of the tapes, (I think when Jodi was being interrogated by Flores) Jodi mentions that she was cleaning Travis' house while he was out on a date with someone and she "fell asleep" on the love sac and that's where she was when Travis arrived home. Who does that? Well, maybe if you have narvcolepsy...but it is amazing how shameless she was in her pursuit of Travis. So utterly creepy.

Gosh I read all this and just wish they were all heard in court..There's so many things we know that the jury don't..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat