weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
jodifinger.jpg

I knew someone would take my statements and twist them but such is life.
I know what ECT is used for. PTSD was not the subject. The topic was inexperienced Docs using tests to evaluate people. Mostly a waste of time. I do not hate Dr. D. She has very little to add so there is nothing to hate. <modsnip>

Sacre bleu! I'm not sure we watched the same testimony. I observed a professional who offered a great deal: diagnosis based on objective testing, rational explanations for behavior, succint and clinically accurate explanations.

You're right. Nothing to add. After ol' Docs Samuels and LaViolette certainly told us everything we needed to know.

Well. Except for anything based on objective testing or appropriate clinical practice.

<modsnip>

Yes! Wasn't there a case where a woman got manslaughter only because she killed her husband during PMS/PPMD?

I'm thinking of changing my name to 'OutOnALimb'...because here I go...

The other day we were all guessing about Miss JA's natural cycle.

Someone was posting the dates she has been out sick during this trial and how they correlated with this week when she was looking very peaked.

So extrapolating that further,

How would these dates relate to the date Travis was killed? Could she have been in a premenstrual rage?

Just thinking about how humiliating this party with the Christmas tree must have been, can you even IMAGINE showing up and announcing that you were his girlfriend and he tells you to leave and you sleep under the Christmas tree???

I don't know why I didn't think of this before but this DT would have been FAR better off going with THIS diagnosis.

Premenstrual dysphoric disorder

You combine THIS with BPD? You have one dangerous, volatile person. This I can actually believe.

I want justice for Travis and I want to support him. None of us are perfect and some of his behavior was certainly less than nice.

He was teasing a crocodile while swimming.

So what you are saying is that TA had to pay because JA was unwilling to fade into the sunset? Are you trying to say because she felt "used" it was justification for what she did? Don't try to quote sodomy to me as some kind of abuse, when she was quite comfortable with the act with prior boyfriends.
Are you kidding me?

Honestly, I think it was all her idea. And if you've ever seen "that thing" you'd think it had seen waaaaaaaay too much action.

...wait, that email from TA that was just quoted on here.. that was sent right before he was murdered? Was that the last communication? Sorry, I've missed a lot of that stuff and so I don't know the context of their emails.

If you mean the one where he calls her a sociopath it was a text and sent on May 26th, May 27 she boiles over it, May 28 is the date of the fake robbery at her grandparents home when the 25 is stolen, couple of days later she's on the road to Mesa.

There were so many better options the DT could have used in this case which didn't include accusing the victim of being a pedophile that I cannot even believe it!

And yes, Christmas Tree humiliation, it's like she saw the boiled bunny running down the rabbit hole and she just couldn't stop chasing it .. I think moving to Mesa is equally humiliating, as was being found hiding in a closet, sleeping on a Lovesac while he was on a date with another woman, peeking in the windows .. oh it just goes on and on and on .. the shame!

There's got to be an argument the DT should have embraced and used, BPD since it would have been agreed to by the prosecution would have been a good start. Do a little brain chemistry analysis on Jodi and explain her disturbances with evidence of the truth, but of course these things may be saved for the penalty phase, I hope the DT does use them .. let's have the discussion in open court about what was REALLY going on leading up to June 4th.

Two words: Bra and Vo

I think JA has had enough evaluation. The less time spent on mitigating factors, the better. Just seeing those crime scene and autopsy photos are more than enough for me. I have a very compassionate heart, but JA is soulless. Her lack of remorse and her continued lies just drive it all home.
In addition to the unbelievable butchering and shooting of Travis, she has done a terrible disservice to those who have actually suffered abuse. She's also done a disservice to anyone with BPD, especially with those of the general population who don't understand it. They are now making horrible assumptions about people with BPD based on her issues. She has psychopathic tendencies or features in addition to a BPD.
She isn't sorry, she smirks, shakes her head and stares down the Alexander family frequently. I no long care why she did it. She did it and she deserves appropriate punishment. She will kill again. Even in prison. Her record in jail isn't good already. She clearly doesn't give a rat's butt about rules, anywhere. JMO

heads up- I am going to create a new thread.. be prepared to move over in a bit... will be back with the link...

Correct me if I'm wrong but was JA living with TA? Did she have the option to say no, to walk away or decide not to be treated like trash? Did TA force TA into sex? Does TA have a below average IQ in that she cannot make her own choices? I'm really confused....

I see her actions parallel to an indentured servant. What did she have to bring to the table. Nice smile and a body. That's it. The only ticket to get ahead in her life was using her body other then that she had nothing. So she agreed hoping better things would happen in her life. This comes to a sudden stop and now they are calling her crazy, manipulating, psycho....
JA is thinking wait a minute here, I have a horse in this race. I paid for my ticket now its time someone is going to here my story.

I see her actions parallel to an indentured servant. What did she have to bring to the table. Nice smile and a body. That's it. The only ticket to get ahead in her life was using her body other then that she had nothing. So she agreed hoping better things would happen in her life. This comes to a sudden stop and now they are calling her crazy, manipulating, psycho....
JA is thinking wait a minute here, I have a horse in this race. I paid for my ticket now its time someone is going to here my story.

Certainly people have heard her story, but that doesn't mean they are going to be sympathetic to the solution she chose to adopt.

I think JA has had enough evaluation. The less time spent on mitigating factors, the better. Just seeing those crime scene and autopsy photos are more than enough for me. I have a very compassionate heart, but JA is soulless. Her lack of remorse and her continued lies just drive it all home.
In addition to the unbelievable butchering and shooting of Travis, she has done a terrible disservice to those who have actually suffered abuse. She's also done a disservice to anyone with BPD, especially with those of the general population who don't understand it. They are now making horrible assumptions about people with BPD based on her issues. She has psychopathic tendencies or features in addition to a BPD.
She isn't sorry, she smirks, shakes her head and stares down the Alexander family frequently. I no long care why she did it. She did it and she deserves appropriate punishment. She will kill again. Even in prison. Her record in jail isn't good already. She clearly doesn't give a rat's butt about rules, anywhere. JMO

I could almost swear the Dr. D at some point when JM was questioning her she was about to state another diagnosis in addition to BPD but was cut off by JW's objection and then a sidebar and then it was totally not touched on again. Please correct me if I am wrong. TIA =D

I actually believe in the LofA. I love astrology too.

I think it is more intensified with someone like Jodi. She can use her crazy mind and attract energy like a magnet.

I find that part of the deeper elements of this trial interesting- I'm interested in hearing from people who really know the LofA weigh in (some of whom I really respect). I don't discount it but think its missing some impt elements- how does it work w a sociopath? I'm serious w this ? Believe it or not.

Can someone direct me to the story about her being found in his closet-TIA

She will die and it won't be from the needle.

When she dies, she will have the "secrets of the killing" with her and nobody will know what really happened on Jun4.
We won't, perhaps, know what was going on in Jodi Arias's sick mind. However, we already know what happened on June 4. Jodi Arias, after careful planning and premeditation, brutally murdered Travis Alexander by shooting him, stabbing him, and slashing his throat from ear to ear.

Really, we don't need to know much more than that.

While learning what motivated the murderess might be interesting, it's by no means necessary to understand what occurred.

Evil is not explicable, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member