weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #155

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GMA just reported that an ex-girlfriend of Travis' and Det. Flores will be testifying this week.. ?

So if it is Lisa, will we get more information regarding the tire slashing? That was the right ex that had that happen correct?

If it is MiMi, she can discuss the Cancun changes?

K

I meant to introduce myself. I am a newbie on websleuths. My name is Megan and am from Indiana. I am banned from discussing the Arias trial from all my friends and family because they believe I need "Arias Trial" rehab..... what do they know lol ........... so I decided to join the discussion here. "Hello my name is Megan, and I am a Trial Addict."

:newhere:

Hey Megan ! I grew up In Illinois/Indiana area...Glad you are here !

BBM

ITA

I always thought she used the cup to drench the floor to remove her footprints. The problem was the tile and walls were a dark color and she could not find all of them. Remember her palm print on the wall? It was hard to see with the multi color paint on the wall.

When you think about how gruesome the crime scene was, she did an excellent job of leaving no evidence behind. (Aside from the dumb camera pictures).

She did do a good job as I would think that her prints would be all over the place. IMO the camera was left there on purpose, just like her deleting all the pic's that connected her.

She knew darn well what everyone thought of her and knew about all the things she's done to TA thus far. She is an an unprofessional photographer with average knowledge of how a camera works and had no idea that the pics would remain on the memory card. She thought she destroyed that evidence. IMO, if she took the camera, that would directly point to her in her mind. As the only thing stolen from the house would be a camera and everyone and anyone in their circle, with the knowledge that they had about her would point their fingers directly at her because she almost always had her camera with her. She thought she covered all her bases, she didn't realize that they would point to her as quickly as they did, even with the camera left behind.

IMO, leaving the camera was part of her clean up, of her being their.

I just went to the GMA site and couldn't find anything. Do you know who the reporter was?

I think his name was Ryan Owens, but don't hold me to that. It wasn't a big report. Basically repeating what we all already know. The only new info I heard was the ex testifying.

I think she posted JA but meant TA. ;) I watched GMA this morning and the reporter said one of Travis' ex-gf's would be taking the stand this week.

Sorry for the confusing. I did put JA instead of TA ex girlfriend. All these players and there initials are hard to keep straight when you first get up.
Anyhow, I went back and fixed my post.

I think his name was Ryan Owens, but don't hold me to that. It wasn't a big report. Basically repeating what we all already know. The only new info I heard was the ex testifying.

What do we already know?

Who else did GMA report as rebuttal witnesses?

Only DeMarte was 100% confirmed, everyone else has been rumor or possibility.

But it has been resolved. After the murder, she took the time to manually delete the last three photos from June 4th. So it follows that her leaving the camera behind was intentional. Otherwise, she would not have bothered with the multi-step deletion process at his house. We may never know the real reason for why she left it behind, but the evidence says that it was no accident.

Nothing has been resolved except Travis was killed/murdered on June 4th. We don't even know for SURE, Jodi acted alone. Seems to imply she did but in reality, no one knows.

That screen found on his lawn has always bothered me seeing Travis was such a neat freak! Why would a window screen be off a window?

I'm not sure if we're allowed to insert photos so in case a Mod removes it, the url is underneath.

Also,
Here's something I just learned or better yet, read. In Travis' brand new camera box was the wrist strap, untouched and unopened not the neck strap.
So Jodi might've been wearing the neck strap which would make the most sense. And if that's the case, the camera might've dislodged while she was putting the articles in the washing machine. Again, who knows?

So in all fairness and actuality, the finer details in this case remain unresolved to us. The police may know more and perhaps keeping some details close to the vest (like, Jodi stealing Travis' ring that I certainly never heard until the trial) so there is still a lot of mystery surrounding this case.

razt05.jpg

http://tinypic.com/r/razt05/4

TRAVIS camera case and accessories found on his bedroom floor near bed with wrist strap unopened in plastic. NO BLOOD @tess46
— (@*********) April 20, 2013
uvsya.jpg

http://tinypic.com/r/uvsya/4

So if it is Lisa, will we get more information regarding the tire slashing? That was the right ex that had that happen correct?

If it is MiMi, she can discuss the Cancun changes?

K

Lisa would be a pointless rebuttal witnesses. It would just give Nurmi of Wilmott the opportunity again to drone on that email she sent Travis.

If there is an ex testifying, it has to be Deanna Reed. A 6 year relationship, likely sexual, -- a relationship in which Deanna Reed reported no physical abuse (48 hours interview). Her testimony would be very beneficial, as batterers show patterns of abuse and this would show that Travis didn't have any such pattern. The jury will see that the only ex accusing him of DV is the very woman who has motive to fabricate self-serving stories of abuse.

JA under normal circumstances has a brain hampered by a personality disorder. They miss very
obvious things. They do dumb stuff. They simply dont think like a normal person.
While her dna prints may have been around the house BLOODY prints are a whole other animal.
I cant get past the horror she inflicted on TA. She did it alone remember her paranoia was elevated scale. She isnt a team player. As far as the camera who knows certainly not her
Its possible subconsciously she wanted to be caught and punished. I think part of her calm upon
arrest was relief. She knew she wasnt getting out in spite of her claims.
the pic of all the inmates she fits right in was my first thought. This case has me way over the daily quota of york peppermint patties.

You may want to notice the difference between "They" and "Jodi"..."They" may be more "Normal" than you think.

My leaving it at that has nothing to do with being "Dumb".

:facepalm:
? But this isn't about you?
I was under the impression we were discussing the defendant and her BPD?
I honestly had a very similar reaction to Arabian Girl when Jodi called abuse victims 'those people'. It can be difficult not to take offense when generalizations are being made about something with which we're personally intimately familiar.

I think personality disorders are very convoluted, in and of themselves. There aren't strict black and white scenarios - especially considering many are comorbid with a great variance of diagnoses. Having lived with one myself, I greatly believe diminishing them to 'dumb' is actually potentially dangerous too (not in reference to sharpar, whose intent was different, but a more general assumption). Impulsive though, fits very well, and due to that they often overlook small details or lack the forethought a 'normal' person might.

Borderlines, it absolutely must be said, are often more of a threat to themselves than others. Dr. DeMarte's dx floored me as a result because I see a lot more antisocial traits than borderline but that's just what getting my psych degree with a super snazzy (if I may say so myself) free decoder ring gets me. ;)

MOO

Nothing has been resolved except Travis was killed/murdered on June 4th. We don't even know for SURE, Jodi acted alone. Seems to imply she did but in reality, no one knows.

That screen found on his lawn has always bothered me seeing Travis was such a neat freak! Why would a window screen be off a window?

I'm not sure if we're allowed to insert photos so in case a Mod removes it, the url is underneath.

Also,
Here's something I just learned or better yet, read. In Travis' brand new camera box was the wrist strap, untouched and unopened not the neck strap.
So Jodi might've been wearing the neck strap which would make the most sense. And if that's the case, the camera might've dislodged while she was putting the articles in the washing machine. Again, who knows?

So in all fairness and actuality, the finer details in this case remain unresolved to us. The police may know more and perhaps keeping some details close to the vest (like, Jodi stealing Travis' ring that I certainly never heard until the trial) so there is still a lot of mystery surrounding this case.

razt05.jpg

uvsya.jpg

My theory on the window screen:

She believed a roommate would be home soon (I believe 6:30?) and didn't want to be caught in the house. Maybe he was already home and couldn't hear her - or didn't want to chance him coming home as she was leaving through the house. She may have left through the window to prevent anyone catching her as she left through the house.

It certainly doesn't seem like an off-the-wall theory, seeing as how she's good at peeking through windows and slipping through doggie doors.

Also,

razt05.jpg

uvsya.jpg

To me it has been resolved for the reasons I've already gave. And it's highly unlikely that the camera fell from a neck strap and she didn't notice.

Good morning peeps... I dont think I have had enough coffee yet... I thought we had a link to Mikee Daniels vids, but cant seem to find it.I thought someone posted that he had a new one.Anyone?
Also, for me there are alot of things that have not been resolved in this case, but that is JMO
If GMA is correct, I am betting on Deanna, as she is the girlfriend that Travis had the longest relationship with (that we know of) again JMO

My theory on the window screen:

She believed a roommate would be home soon (I believe 6:30?) and didn't want to be caught in the house. Maybe he was already home and couldn't hear her - or didn't want to chance him coming home as she was leaving through the house. She may have left through the window to prevent anyone catching her as she left through the house.

It certainly doesn't seem like an off-the-wall theory, seeing as how she's good at peeking through windows and slipping through doggie doors.

BBM = Possibly a good theory-but I believe there would have been a trace of blood somewhere on the screen. I don't believe JA had enough time to totally clean herself up. :seeya:

And FWIW - I think JM will expound on a lot of the unknowns and uncertainty that we have today. I predict we will have a lot of "touchdown" moments during his rebuttal. We will most undoubtedly have a clearer picture. The Defense did their best smoke and mirror job - but wouldn't have brought up something incriminating that they couldn't easily debunk.

Wilmott and Nurmi are going to be like a couple of "jack in the box" toys, with their objections.

I trust that JM is going to wrap it up in a beat little bow for all of us.

Also,

razt05.jpg

uvsya.jpg

BBM -

Sorry if I am a little late to reply on this and if it was already covered, then disregard, but there was a female crime scene person who testified early on in the trial that the neck strap was indeed found in the camera bag, unused and in its original packaging as well. I don't remember hearing anything about a wrist strap, but I do recall specifically her saying the neck strap had appeared to NOT have been used.

ETA - the screen outside doesn't raise my hinky meter much. I understand that TA was a neat freak, but JA could have taken it off that night she showed up, or simply TA didn't go outside much, except for the garage to the car. I don't remember seeing any grill or outdoor furniture of any kind, so that would tell me he wasn't outside much at all and had no idea it was even off the window.

In terms of diagnoses too, the DSM-V is due out next month which changes everything in terms of antisocial personality disorder. I tend to think had Jodi been assessed in a couple month's time, she would easily meet the will-be criteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne