weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #155

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's strange that neither side has mentioned the screen being removed from the back window. I also think it's strange that we've never heard from the roommates about whether they saw a strange car in the driveway. I remember one of the roommates said Travis told him he hadn't slept much the night before, but was he right about his dates? I wish somebody would mention these things. Did anybody see the rental car, and does anybody know why the screen was on the ground? Simple things, but could go a long way to explain whether Jodi was sneaking around, or if she there in plain sight.

JA making everything 'all about her' was one of the most obnoxious things about her interrogation interview. Even when Detective Flores tried to ask her what the ninjas were doing and saying to TA, she turned the conversation around to her, every time.

Heather Conner testified that it appeared bleach was used in the small load in the washing machine. It looked quite apparent when she held up the towel and the T-shirt that had unsightly bleach stains. But some black items simply don't bleach, such as the black socks and sweat pants. I once tried to bleach a black cashmere sweater, and despite 3 or 4 washings with a ton of bleach, it remained inky black.

The smallness of that load convinced me that JA deliberately put the camera in the wash. That and the fact she took the time to delete the photos they took that day. If she intended to take the camera with her she needn't have bothered taking precious time to delete the photos.

Good morning! :seeya: We don't know which, but JW asked ALV a question about Deanna, so imo it could be any of the three, Deanna, Lisa or Mimi. Isn't the PPL Cancun rep also on the state's updated witness list?

As to the theory that JA may have removed the window screen and gone out the back window (of TA's office), it's doubtful because that window opens to the back, but so does the sliding glass door--the doggie door part of which is too small for her to get through--it's only about 8x11 inches.

The screen can be seen on the ground next to the two shovels below TA's office window:

Thanks for this - I now don't believe my own theory anymore, but onto another one!

I haven't see too many come in with this...it will be interesting to see what the changes will be. She seems to fit the psychopath profile pretty well now to me.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
They're getting rid of the necessity of a dx of conduct disorder, for a start! :great:

I totally missed this and should know by now, but how did JA record the conversations and I guess download them? Not really asking "how", but how did she explain that she had recorded the calls??? I would have no idea how to record a phone call from my cell phone...

She said she used her cellphone. She then said she "lost" the phone. I'm not sure if the police "found" it or she "found" it later. I'm not buying she lost the phone at all. It was important for her to record it and use it in the future. My guess was that she was going to hold it over Travis' head or play it for his future girlfriend. She directed the conversation to every weird sex escapade they had for a reason.

Straight from the horse's mouth - TA threatened JA's life AFTER she shot him. Now that's not a surprise at all - if someone shot you in the head wouldn't you threaten them as well?

I hope JM plays that part of her testimony during his closing argument. JA's own words just blew RS and ALV testimony into smithereens.

:seeya: Probably unintentionally, though.

Could replace #6 with...

"When your children or significant other requests a side bar to speak to you!"

My kid has ! Cracks me up... Love that kid... But unlike this judge, I say "no ... Back away from the bench"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chijojo, way too funny!! It won't let me quote that for some reason??

I can add another:

You have taken to bringing your ipad into the bathroom with you out of habit.

Every night for dinner is, "Go fish", ie everyone fish in the fridge for something on their own.

Straight from the horse's mouth - TA threatened JA's life AFTER she shot him. Now that's not a surprise at all - if someone shot you in the head wouldn't you threaten them as well?

I hope JM plays that part of her testimony during his closing argument. JA's own words just blew RS and ALV testimony into smithereens.

Always thought that could have been a true statement. Certainly at some point, he may have said something similar.

Here's where Jodi is telling Flores the windows were 'just too hard to get to, because there was stuff here and here.....'
Why add this detail if there wasn't a minuscule amount of truth to it?

start at 26:38
http://youtu.be/FoUB2UzWjtI?t=26m39s

Chijojo, way too funny!! It won't let me quote that for some reason??

I can add another:

You have taken to bringing your ipad into the bathroom with you out of habit.

Every night for dinner is, "Go fish", ie everyone fish in the fridge for something on their own.

I went and bought a blue tooth speaker for my ipad .
Have bathed with the speaker and ipad propped up on the closed toilet seat!

Jodi Arias Answer TOUGH Questions From Jury - YouTube

JA testifies that after she shot TA is when he threatened her life.

Yes, but DT also emphasized that due to her prior fictions: body slams, slapping, kicking, choking, etc. she was already in fear of her life while being chased after dropping the camera, which is why she grabbed Travis's gun (yet another fiction) from where it wasn't, in order to defend herself by "frightening" him away with what she believed to be an unloaded, and then conveniently much later, loaded gun which accidentally "went off" all by itself.

The DT is trying to transport the jury to Jodi-world, where all of that makes perfect sense, until it's more convenient for her to switch to another of her manufactured fictions.

my project for the long weekend was to go back and listen to the state's case.

after listening to it, and specifically to det. flores, i say that's what the jury needs to listen to again. the entire case is there.

her stupid stories, her phony demeanor, her answers for every single thing he puts before her----she has an answer for everything, which isn't normal at all.

i couldn't remember if her quote about getting the DP if she was guilty was in there but it was. loud and clear.

most damning is that LEFT RING FINGER. she shows it to him. the female ninja did it. it was cut. it's never been the same. it was painful. THE WHOLE THING!!

just a couple of things i caught this time around: not so sure she used bleach. there was one towel that looked like it, but there were dark tee shirts that did not. not important but i missed it before. also, through the entire phony ninja story, it's all about HER. TA is 'bleeding all over the place', but he's very much in the background of her story. it's her and the ninjas threatening HER and how she ran for her life and should've called 911 but was just too scared.

seriously worth a second listen, for anyone like me who didn't remember back that far!

Definitely all about her. I think when she finished telling Flores the Tale of Two Ninjas she was surprised Flores didn't give her a hug and say, "thank God you're ok!". Instead he says "I don't believe you".

I went and bought a blue tooth speaker for my ipad .
Have bathed with the speaker and ipad propped up on the closed toilet seat!

Now that's dedication.

Jodi Arias Answer TOUGH Questions From Jury - YouTube

JA testifies that after she shot TA is when he threatened her life.

If true, he would've gotten his own gun. If, that was true.
Why threaten when you have the means to accomplish?

It's all bullchit.

When Jodi is convicted to death ...they should tack on for good measure and charge her with lying "like a 5 year old who, can do better".

She said she used her cellphone. She then said she "lost" the phone. I'm not sure if the police "found" it or she "found" it later. I'm not buying she lost the phone at all. It was important for her to record it and use it in the future. My guess was that she was going to hold it over Travis' head or play it for his future girlfriend. She directed the conversation to every weird sex escapade they had for a reason.

I keep mixing up CA's phone excuses with JA's phone excuses.

Thanks for your impression and opinions :rocker:

The thing about the camera: I know what most of you are saying that Jodi wouldn't have bothered to delete photos had she not planned to leave the camera behind however....the same 'logic', for lack of a better word, would apply if she was afraid the camera would be found after disposing of it. I mean, I doubt she had a bulldozer or a backhoe waiting in the wings to crush or bury the evidence.

She might've planned to throw out the camera, gun, knife and whatever other killing-goodies there might've been and she had an "Einstein" moment: "what if they find the camera?".......and decided to delete incriminating photos.

I'm pretty certain she was hoping the intruder story would stick. And if LE bought that story then found Travis' items later on....they would've attributed to a botched robbery/burglary.

In regards to the camera, I'm sure I read that there were other pictures on the camera, that were not deleted, that Travis had taken when he first got it. I'm sure the main reason why that camera was taken out that day was so that she could snoop through those photos in the guise of wanting to see the new camera. And of course taking pictures of their "activities" that afternoon. Putting it in the washing machine would eliminate DNA in her mind. Perhaps she was going to take it out of the washer and replace it in the camera bag but ran out of time. Would it have played any part in anything if she had done that? They would have checked the camera and likely found a memory card with pictures that Travis had taken on it. Would they have gone the extra step to retrieve deleted images? Would they have even checked the camera to see if it was operable? If it wasn't found in the washing machine would it have even played any role in their investigation?

She also contradicted herself with the video. I believe she originally said a video was taken on his camera but probably knew an expert could testify that there was never a video on it so she changed that up to be her camera. What happened to that memory card? What happened to that camera? Looks like the prosecution is just ignoring most of the camera testimony because it's just another attempt to drag them into her lies. They need to stay focused on the big picture and not get caught up in the web of minute details that cannot be proven either way. They got the deleted photos of that day from the camera because it was in an odd place. Just another example of something regarding the clean up that she either forgot or ran out of time to do.

MOO

I agree that it would make it easier to understand the logistics if we assume that Jodi had an accomplice. What kills that theory for me is that I can't believe that Jodi would have kept quiet about it. Surely she would have given him/her up by now. Unless it was one of the ninjas who helped her and said that if she was caught and told about the help, that he would kill her family. :facepalm:

I have thought about this for a long time (and posted my thoughts). I DO believe that it is possible (?) that she had an accomplice, but she could never disclose that because then it would definitely confirm premeditation.

However, I think she did it alone - even though it is difficult for me to understand how she could over-power Travis ... guess it was the element of surprise and the first injury (I believe) to the heart weakened him to the point of unable to defend himself.

I see no "self-defense" case here ... other than poor, dear Travis - there is evidence of him somewhat defending himself, but alas the first blow was fatal (eventually). What a waste of a beautiful person. My heart continues to ache for his family and all of his friends. I find it more difficult to feel for the killer's family, but they are victims too. Intellectually, I know that, but my heart just can't feel the same kind of sorrow for them (maybe that's wrong) ... but that's just being honest.

MOO

Always thought that could have been a true statement. Certainly at some point, he may have said something similar.

Oh I believe her on that youtube clip. It's only logical that TA would have been beyond angry after she shot him, he would have known what her intent was, I also believe he did say to her "I'll kill you b*tch" because after she shot him is when he began fighting for his life.

In that one something seconds clip JA proves to the jury that slaughtering TA was premeditated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3