weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #155

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea on the chance they will be granted the surrebuttal? Is it an automatic since this is a DP case?

Thanks so much for keeping us up-to-date on filings and information. I appreciate it very much!

I believe, but do not know for sure, that they will be entitled to it if the prosecution introduced entirely new evidence on rebuttal. Once I look at the request, I'll be able to tell what they are arguing is new.

I was hoping that someone would know what the weather was in Mesa that day. I was offering up some ideas, not knowing if the weather had been checked for that day. Thanks for the info!!

High - 93
Low - 71

Sorry if this has been addressed.

I also apologize about my further discussion/input about sex. I try to really watch about responding to stuff without reading the rest of the thread...but that's impossible here.

By May 26th, Travis had had enough. At the time of his death he knew:
She was a sociopath
He was just a dildo with a heartbeat
She was a liar
She was a stalker
He was afraid of her
She slashed his tires....TWICE
She crawled in the doggie dog unannounced/uninvited
Entered the house using unauthorized code/keypad
Spied on Lisa/Travis
Sent Lisa an anonymous email
Hacked his email
Hacked his FaceBook
Accessed his bank account
Listened to his voice mail
Went through his camera
Hacked his computer
Stole his journal
Stole his ring
Trashed his car
Owed him money
Most likely blackmailed him with the phone-sex tape so..............

do you REALLY, I mean REALLY think he screwed her that day with KY jelly?
C'mon now. No one is that hard up (no pun intended)

That is what I was referring to which was not adding up. June 4th, I believe, did NOT go down the way she or the State is saying it did. I can't nor won't believe Travis had sex with her.
Well, you've got me in your fan club too then. I agree but I think the State couldn't refute the obvious sexual nature of the pics either.

I'll go so far as to concede, if need be, that they may have had sex. I really don't know...but there's no way if they did indeed have sex it makes him less of a victim of long-term, long-distance abuse by a psychopathic, psychological abuser. And that's often the debate - how could he have been that scared, how couldn't he have been playing her, he had sex solely because he liked it, etc.

All the above theories might work in a 'normal' relationship. But in one that's with someone disordered and likely abusive, it's totally different. I've been manipulated (guilt-tripped, shamed) and even coerced into having sex I didn't want while very much in fear of my abuser...so I can easily envisage a similar scenario for Travis.

Nurmi wants to recall Jodi to the stand, likely to testify about the gas purchases in Utah.

What he means is, "Now that's she had time to practice her lines more re: the gas cans, I would like her to testify about that again." He knows she messed up on the gas can issue...she got flustered and forgot her lines. Said she filled up car first, then oh no maybe gas cans first, then oh no I misspoke no car first....she has probably been memorizing her lines ever since that moment in preparation for this second chance.

FYI peeps, the defense has filed its requested jury instructions, a request for surrebuttal and an id of a surrebuttal witness.

thanks Karmady, I had no doubt they would request a surrebuttal and I have no doubt it will be allowed.

its db. he has the same lines on his fingers and we saw them in other pics and when he was on the stand. even tho we didnt see his face. i don't know how to find them. the comparison is somewhere in all these threads.

I understand that's the speculation, but has Bobby's hands been compared? Nurse was pretty adamant that the picture is not that of a Caucasian. I believe she is right. I'd love to have some fingers to compare them.

I see it much the same as you - only, I think Jodi's manipulations that day may have been more coquettish and less overt. I can easily see her appealing to the generous, forgiving aspect of Travis' personality. After all, he'd forgiven her many sins few others would.

(snipped)

I 100% agree JA is a covert abuser, not an overt one. Well until the gun and knife come out, anyway.

The covert abuse is the worst, because you can tell yourself you're imagining it or over-reacting. It's much easier in my experience to disengage from and overt abuser. The guy that hit me once? Never talked to him again. The guy that manipulated my self esteem, finances, and emotions? Years to realize it wasn't my fault.

She testified to lots of things. Was there a police report? Didn't see one presented at trial.

She wouldn't have needed a police report. She only needed to report it to the wireless carrier.

Not all carriers insisted on police reports and hardly any do now. Insurance requirements for wireless contracts vary by state.

I believe JA taught TA most if not everything he knew about sex and he was addicted to it with her. I think part of her plan was to seduce him that day before she slaughtered him to make him weak, vulnerable and catch him completely off guard.

So with all this anal talk - I'm guessing there's no court today :) I'm not too sure why it's being debated the dilation of the anus... I hate to break it to anyone who thinks it's only caused by having a BM but that's false sweetie. It's caused by insertion and if someone does it frequently etc - it becomes prolapsed * YOU CAN HAVE a prolapsed anus from other causes too* . Anyone here who's worked in a hospice setting has probably seen one or two. It isn't pretty.

*shiver*

I watched the JA 48 hour's episode last night - I suggest if you've not watched it in awhile to do so. I think I figured out how to notice when she's lying (at least concerning things she's making up as she goes). Anything she's practiced she's very matter of fact but stuff she's winging isn't not so matter of fact. She uses the terms:

Uh
If I were going to
If it was me
If
Um

Someone else mentioned it but - is there photos we've not seen?

I don't know what prolapsed means... Would like a definition but I'm scared to google. Please help a poster suffering from PTSD from the last time a googled a term here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IQ is just a number. I've known a few people over the years who were brilliant... Genius level even ... whom I considered socially and or emotionally retarded. JMO.

ITA! My Dh has an IQ of 138. He also has an eidetic memory and is absolutely brilliant in his career. He also demonstrates an absolutely shocking (to me) lack of common sense sometimes. :)

I agree. No doubt in my mind. Also, didn't LE state (or maybe it was JM) that they found pictures of actual sexual acts on the camera? I wonder why those were never shown in court.

Two have not been shown. I believe Juan Martinez when he said in his OS:

But Martinez said photos recovered camera found in the washing machine along with the sheets from Alexander's bed pointed to Jodi Arias.
The photos recovered were time stamped. The first set snapped in the early afternoon.
"Not only was he very much alive. He was involved in these photographs with a woman. And yes, they were both sinning, because they were going at it. They were nude and yes they were engaged in sexual relations in these photographs," said Martinez.

I don't mean to be offensive to anyone, but can anyone point me to where the penis pic is? I missed this part and have not seen it. Also, I just discovered that her harddrive was "damaged", does anyone remember the testimony regarding that?

Somebody did a screen capture of the pix when they were almost shown in court. I don't know where they are.

I can really believe that Travis had sex with JA on June 4, 2008. If you take out the gruesome murder and just stick to pre murder stuff then I can see it. Travis was a naïve guy. I don't think he imagined for a second that a stalker and a tire slasher could be capable of such a horrific murder. I know I wouldn't have reached that conclusion before hearing of this case.

Add to it that Travis' Achilles' heel was his strong desire for sex. And who provided that for him in his Mormon environment? Arias.

I do believe that JA's sex tape blackmailing was the reason for Travis' angry messages in May. I think she used 'the I want to apologise to you' excuse on Travis which is why he allowed her to stay in his home on June 4. The apology and the 'I'm moving on with my life so let's have sex one more time' excuses were good enough reasons for him to have sex with her that day. His naivety and strong sexual desire allowed JA to manipulate him to the very last day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub