weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #155

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Katie... I haven't "known" you for very long, but I love you to pieces. I am happy that you took some time out for yourself.
I cannot even imagine how overwhelmed you must have been. When my friends daughter was missing, then found murdered and dumped in the swamp, everyone knew that I was there with her most of the time and I was overwhelmed with phone calls and questions and messages. When it came time for the trial the same thing happened. I realized that people cared and were interested, but it does get overwhelming and that was on a much smaller scale than what you are experiencing.
I saw firsthand how the media can bombard a person, camp outside their door,and ring a phone constantly. She finally turned her phone off and quit answering it. It was a mad dash to get inside her door when returning from somewhere.
I sat with another friend in another room in her house and listened to a news reporter on the day they found her little body in the swamp go into great detail about how the grief stricken mother was on the scene to identify the body.They were so darn convincing that the friend and I looked at each other and said,"did she leave?" and went into the other room to see her sitting there. It got to the point where she focused on one media person who had been kind , fair and precise with her reporting and would only do interviews with her.
Thank you for all you do for the victims and their families ! You have definitely earned your angels wings ! Take time for yourself and enjoy your weekend doing whatever you feel like doing just because you can. Enjoy your brothers birthday celebration with him and eat some cake for me !!
((((HUGGS))))

BBM.

Thank you for sharing this story. Some people's ability to put themselves aside and tend to others is amazing. It serves others so much, but you really deserve tending to yourselves, and I hope KCL and others will take time in between to breathe - in and out! - and relax. Maybe insert some chilling in between tending...:cheer:

The bolding is because I am naively surprised, still, at the blatant lies the media will tell. Reminds me of Jodi Arias, who lies at the drop of a hat, for good reason and no reason whatsoever! :moo:

Apparently, your teacher wasn't much of an historian, either, because there was nothing communist about Nazism.

Same teacher also had all the boys leave class one day so that she could lecture us girls on the importance and proper use of toilet paper.

I really land firmly on the DP for JA as I know it's what the family wants. She'll not be executed for decades if ever. She will get the best of the best legal help along the way and other amenities only reserved for death row celebrities. But it's the quality of life while she's there that will truly be punishment for her.

Personally knowing what the DP appeals process drags families thru and the taxpayer $ wasted on these demons, I wish there was a LWOP that included the death row lifestyle for lack of a better word.

I think protective custody is like that. None of the DP perks, but protected inmates are either kept in their cells 23 hours or separated from general population b/c they would get torn apart by the other inmates. In some prisons,certain inmates (baby killers, pedophiles and rapists) get their own wing, away from the inmates that would hurt them. My neighbor did hard time back in texas from a drug manufact. charge , and he said it dont matter, they still get beat up and tortured many killed, EVEN if they are separated. I always ask him about warstories from prison as he did 20yrs { he has the shamrock tattoo on his arm } yeah, and the sexcrimes inmates get the ole "spring stretched and released thru paper towel holder into rectum-"--sorry about that visual --but that is a lethal assault, the person dies from that injury as they cannot remove the spring, twisted in your bowels.

Don't forget those wonderful Starbuck strawberry frappuccinos :)

I agree ... I'm not buying what they're selling at all in regards to life at home with the Arias'. I think there just has to be sexual abuse in her past, as well as emotional neglect, and not the kind where mom says something harsh like 'dry your tears princess' either.

For reasons I will not go into I believe Jodi has been sexually abused.

Same teacher also had all the boys leave class one day so that she could lecture us girls on the importance and proper use of toilet paper.

Hopefully she had a working knowledge of that topic at least

you shoulda told her you were Hindu and that she is clearly ignorant of other non-Western cultures.

Teachers love it when you point out their ignorance!

"The swastika (卐) (Sanskrit: स्वस्तिक) is an equilateral cross with four arms bent at 90 degrees. The earliest archaeological evidence of swastika-shaped ornaments dates back to the Indus Valley Civilization, Ancient India as well as Classical Antiquity. Swastikas have also been used in various other ancient civilizations around the world. It remains widely used in Indian religions, specifically in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism, primarily as a tantric symbol to evoke shakti or the sacred symbol of auspiciousness. The word "swastika" comes from the Sanskrit svastika - "su" meaning "good" or "auspicious," "asti" meaning "to be," and "ka" as a suffix. The swastika literally means "to be good". Or another translation can be made: "swa" is "higher self", "asti" meaning "being", and "ka" as a suffix, so the translation can be interpreted as "being with higher self"."

Swastika - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My youngest son had a teacher from India when he was in elementary school. She told a story of how, when she first came to this country, she'd put a decoration on her front door that had a swastika for some holiday. A neighbor came over and explained, very kindly, not upset, how most people were going to view that. She said at the time she felt terrible, not wanting to do something wrong.

What to do? What to do? I have a major dilemma and could use some advice from the good peeps here at Websleuths. DH and I are going to the opera this afternoon, followed by dinner at our favorite downtown dining spot. I had planned on having a lovely piece of broiled salmon but wonder if it's an appropriate choice. What say you?

1. When going to Detroit put on a bullet proof vest.

2. The only opera I can get into is a soap opera:facepalm:

3. I always get prime rib or filet migon.

Have a great time and stay safe.

Did she tell you only communists wipe back to front?

When I was in first grade we had to go to the basement of the school because that's where the we went when the weather was bad. Out of total boredom, I pulled my coat up over my head and zipped it up which resulted in an immediate flogging and a lecture to the other kids using me as an example of how you could strangle and or suffocate yourself in doing such a thing. Stupid because I was breathing just fine with my coat up over my head.

BBM.

Thank you for sharing this story. Some people's ability to put themselves aside and tend to others is amazing. It serves others so much, but you really deserve tending to yourselves, and I hope KCL and others will take time in between to breathe - in and out! - and relax. Maybe insert some chilling in between tending...:cheer:

The bolding is because I am naively surprised, still, at the blatant lies the media will tell. Reminds me of Jodi Arias, who lies at the drop of a hat, for good reason and no reason whatsoever! :moo:

Ms Jane, my own personal experience with this forever changed the way I take what the newcaster is reporting with a grain of salt.

Did she tell you only communists wipe back to front?

HAHA....she didn't use communists in that lecture but she did go on and on about wiping from front to back. Hated her too. She was quite unattractive and wore these big clunky black like nursing shoes that made these horrid squeaky noises when she walked.

Could someone please confirm or deny the following (which I read on a YT comment). Thanks!!!

Matt McCartney has admitted to forging the “pedophile” letters that Jodi tried to have admitted as evidence (precluded and determined forgeries) and her mother has since tried to sell to the National Enquirer. Matt has immunity and has turned state’s evidence.

Now there's a thought, JA in the phone sex trade! IMO she was involved in
something along those lines. Maybe that's what Travis found out about her..

Oh, come on. If this were true we would know about it.

Sent from my hippocampus using Tapatalk

Could someone please confirm or deny the following (which I read on a YT comment). Thanks!!!

Matt McCartney has admitted to forging the “pedophile” letters that Jodi tried to have admitted as evidence (precluded and determined forgeries) and her mother has since tried to sell to the National Enquirer. Matt has immunity and has turned state’s evidence.

I haven't heard that but all along I've thought he's been under some kind of protection so that story would not surprise me.

So sorry (in advance) but I have been googling, checking out the timeline thread and youtube. I just cannot find Darryl Brewer's testimony. :banghead:

I have reviewed a lot of old testimony this weekend, but I really wanted to hear DB's ... help!!

TIA :

Removed by me already asked and answered.

i'm pretty sure if chaucer had met up with jodi it would've been the canterbury tail.

touche

I'm adding the fact that instead of calling yourself debinga, perhaps badda-bing would be more appropriate

So sorry (in advance) but I have been googling, checking out the timeline thread and youtube. I just cannot find Darryl Brewer's testimony. :banghead:

I have reviewed a lot of old testimony this weekend, but I really wanted to hear DB's ... help!!

TIA :seeya:

You tube it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members