WFTV Exclusive: Plea deal next Monday on Check Fraud Charges

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been asked/answered...but will the hearing be televised on Monday?

i will be there! found this in orl sentinal - credit to author
We have official word from Karen Connolly Levey, chief of Due Process Services:
“The State vs. Casey Anthony check fraud trial originally scheduled to begin on Monday, January 25th will not go as planned. However, a status hearing on the check fraud case will be held on the 25th at 1:30 p.m. before Circuit Judge Stan Strickland.
“It is also likely that at least two motions in the murder case will be heard the afternoon of the 25th. Once a docket is set, I will send you information on which motions will be heard.”
Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.
She is also charged with stealing checks from a friend.
WFTV-Channel 9’s Greg Warmoth said at noon today: “The judge has already ruled that alleged victim Amy Huizenga has a right to get justice before Casey’s murder case.”

I have been called for Jury duty on Monday the 25th in Orlando. I normally dread having to serve, but being there on this day could be VERY interesting!

I have been called for Jury duty on Monday the 25th in Orlando. I normally dread having to serve, but being there on this day could be VERY interesting!

Hope you will share what you see/hear.

Question: This says status hearing on the check fraud case. Would a change of plea take place at a status hearing?

TIA

New blog post by BSheaffer

Monday, Monday....
http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthonyblog/index.html

sorry if this has already been posted

I love Mr. Scheaffer! Now that he has explained this, I can exhale...and it no longer matters to me if she is adjudicated now or later.

William J. Sheaffer said, on January 22, 2010 at 8:04 pm

"If the State seeks to use the tapes at Casey’s murder trial and the Judge finds them relevant, they will come in regardless of the outcome of the check fraud case.

WJS"

All is right with the world again!

Monday will be extremely interesting!

I think the check fraud is an integral part of the murder trial, as it clearly illustrates that Casey had no concerns about her "missing" child. The stolen cash and checks were used to purchase frivolous items like beer, chips, and lingerie. Thus the check fraud can be used by the prosecution to show Casey's state of mind during those 31 days.

I hope the end result of Monday's hearing allows conviction in the fraud case and allows the prosecution to use the fraud conviction during the murder trial.

I love Mr. Scheaffer! Now that he has explained this, I can exhale...and it no longer matters to me if she is adjudicated now or later.

William J. Sheaffer said, on January 22, 2010 at 8:04 pm

"If the State seeks to use the tapes at Casey’s murder trial and the Judge finds them relevant, they will come in regardless of the outcome of the check fraud case.

WJS"

All is right with the world again!

This has been my concern.............so now I'm a happy camper too. :)

Monday will be extremely interesting!

I think the check fraud is an integral part of the murder trial, as it clearly illustrates that Casey had no concerns about her "missing" child. The stolen cash and checks were used to purchase frivolous items like beer, chips, and lingerie. Thus the check fraud can be used by the prosecution to show Casey's state of mind during those 31 days.

I hope the end result of Monday's hearing allows conviction in the fraud case and allows the prosecution to use the fraud conviction during the murder trial.
(bolding mine)

Amen to that, Leila!! :clap:

Bolded by me: Yeah I hope this isn't off topic because it speaks of AH and KC.
That part about her moving in is so interesting to me. Normally Kc would lie and have a way out. In this case she down right backed her self into a corner. I think there may be something there. Kc talked to TL about 15000.00 and Ca mentioned that Kc was talking on the phone to TL about I think she said 14000.00 . Kc went as far as having AH mail her camera to the Hopespring address. So, it looked like they were going to indeed move in together. I wonder if Kc and Ca were working on a plan to get GA out of the house. Wonder where this 15000.00 figure came about. I think it is possible that Kc thought she was going to get 15000.00 somehow. What do ya think? as always theories and moo

I think KC pulled that $ 15,000.00 figure from the same story book about ZFG stealing Caylee.

Bolded by me: Yeah I hope this isn't off topic because it speaks of AH and KC.
That part about her moving in is so interesting to me. Normally Kc would lie and have a way out. In this case she down right backed her self into a corner. I think there may be something there. Kc talked to TL about 15000.00 and Ca mentioned that Kc was talking on the phone to TL about I think she said 14000.00 . Kc went as far as having AH mail her camera to the Hopespring address. So, it looked like they were going to indeed move in together. I wonder if Kc and Ca were working on a plan to get GA out of the house. Wonder where this 15000.00 figure came about. I think it is possible that Kc thought she was going to get 15000.00 somehow. What do ya think? as always theories and moo

Maybe, but not sure what you mean by KC would lie and have a way out because:

1. She took money from her grandmother's account and had no way out.
2. She took money from her grandfather's SS account that paid for the nursing home and had no way out.
3. She claimed she was not pregnant..certainly was no way out of that one that she utilized.
4. She claimed she worked at Universal, no way out of that one.
5. Lied about attending college, no way out of that one either.
6. etc., etc., etc. and I could go on all night.

I have yet to see where KC actually lied and had a way out. She may have, I just don't think we have seen any type of thought process in terms of the grand scheme of plans she may have had. There was NOTHING planned for her future and worse because KC even stole money from her daughter's piggy bank, KC had no plans for her daughter either. jmo

I think KC pulled that $ 15,000.00 figure from the same story book about ZFG stealing Caylee.

I was wondering if it was the exact amount that was in her Grandfather's Nursing home fund?

KC and Baez are following the same strategy of my ex-husband. He was arrested for sexually abusing my daughters, and his attorney (a Baez clone) were unhappy with the state's offer. They decided to take their chances with the Judge (who even looked like Judge Strickland, now that you come to think about it).

He's serving 15 years.

The humorous thing (don't hate me -- our family sense of humor got us through this) is that he immediately began to appeal -- his argument -- "I wouldn't have pled guilty if I knew you were gonna sentence me to 15 yrs. How rude!"

Blaise

KC and Baez are following the same strategy of my ex-husband. He was arrested for sexually abusing my daughters, and his attorney (a Baez clone) were unhappy with the state's offer. They decided to take their chances with the Judge (who even looked like Judge Strickland, now that you come to think about it).

He's serving 15 years.

The humorous thing (don't hate me -- our family sense of humor got us through this) is that he immediately began to appeal -- his argument -- "I wouldn't have pled guilty if I knew you were gonna sentence me to 15 yrs. How rude!"

Blaise

I am so sorry for what you and your girls had to go through at the hands of your husband. I'm glad he is being punished for what he did! :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member