DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What about those 3's?

• I agree, and it is significant.

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • I agree, but it is just coincidence.

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • I disagree, 3's don't appear with remarkable frequency.

Votes: 25 64.1%

• Total voters
I guess that all depends on how you look at it. TO me, without the RN, all you have is a dead girl in her own home with sexual injuries and two parents with no alibi. There's no obvious explanation for why JB is dead and who did it.

No, this isn't true. You have a dead girl, sexual injuries, strangulation by garrote still there, headbash with unknown blunt instrument, foreign cord, foreign tape, and foreign DNA. The very obvious explanation is that JBR was kidnapped then sexually assaulted, strangled, and headbashed by an intruder. This is the most obvious, and all other explanations circumvent this prima facie explanation.

No, this isn't true. You have a dead girl, sexual injuries, strangulation by garrote still there, headbash with unknown blunt instrument, foreign cord, foreign tape, and foreign DNA. The very obvious explanation is that JBR was kidnapped then sexually assaulted, strangled, and headbashed by an intruder. This is the most obvious, and all other explanations circumvent this prima facie explanation.

All correct, except your last 2 sentences. There is nothing that prevents any of these things from being done by a family member. BUT- one thing is false- she wasn't kidnapped. She was still home. HER home. HER HOME with her parents and brother STILL there. As they had been all along.
While the explanation may look obvious to you, it was after all, MEANT to look that way. It is when you begin to look a little deeper that you see this had all the red flags that appear when a child is found dead by a parent after being reported "missing".

All correct, except your last 2 sentences. There is nothing that prevents any of these things from being done by a family member. BUT- one thing is false- she wasn't kidnapped. She was still home. HER home. HER HOME with her parents and brother STILL there. As they had been all along.
While the explanation may look obvious to you, it was after all, MEANT to look that way. It is when you begin to look a little deeper that you see this had all the red flags that appear when a child is found dead by a parent after being reported "missing".

And when the most obvious is ultimately found to be true? That the cord, tape, DNA, blunt instrument, motive, handwriting, linguistics, and brutal violence in both word and deed are all found to not belong to anyone who lived there? This is possible you know. Hasn't been ruled out.

The skin cells sort of rule it in, actually.

And when the most obvious is ultimately found to be true? That the cord, tape, DNA, blunt instrument, motive, handwriting, linguistics, and brutal violence in both word and deed are all found to not belong to anyone who lived there? This is possible you know. Hasn't been ruled out.

The skin cells sort of rule it in, actually.

Correct except for the skin cells. We will never be able to prove they did not get there through secondary transfer. Skin cells are of the most easily transferable kinds of DNA.
Though saliva, blood and semen can also obviously be wiped from one person to another, the presence of these substances in fluid form places the owner of that DNA actually at the scene of the crime. (as opposed to dried blood, semen, etc). But our skin cells are everywhere. And that is what is so suspicious about these skin cells. They appear NO where else except for two pieces of clothing, one of them could have been worn previously (the longjohns).

No, this isn't true.

Oh, no? I'm pretty sure Ron Walker would agree with me.

You have a dead girl, sexual injuries, strangulation by garrote still there, headbash with unknown blunt instrument, foreign cord, foreign tape, and foreign DNA.

I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say, HOTYH. It's easy for you to say that NOW. What Steely and I are trying to do is see it from their perspective as it was happening.

The very obvious explanation is that JBR was kidnapped then sexually assaulted, strangled, and headbashed by an intruder.

If she had been found somewhere ELSE, it would be! We can't forget the whole "found IN the house" bit, now can we?

This is the most obvious, and all other explanations circumvent this prima facie explanation.

You're kidding, right?

All correct, except your last 2 sentences. There is nothing that prevents any of these things from being done by a family member.

Not a thing.

BUT- one thing is false- she wasn't kidnapped. She was still home. HER home. HER HOME with her parents and brother STILL there. As they had been all along.

My bold. That's the part HOTYH seems to be glossing over.

Exactly.

Oh, no? I'm pretty sure Ron Walker would agree with me.

I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say, HOTYH. It's easy for you to say that NOW. What Steely and I are trying to do is see it from their perspective as it was happening.

If she had been found somewhere ELSE, it would be! We can't forget the whole "found IN the house" bit, now can we?

You're kidding, right?

The context of the conversation was whether or not the ransom note was needed to steer police away from the family. The crime scene evidence is/was doing a fine job of that.

A guilty JR and PR would know ahead of time that 1500 handwritten letters claiming to be foreign while using good English composition would be studied by the FBI and would become the biggest threat of linking them to the crime.

RDI needs to justify the ransom note in PR/JR's eyes, but it cant be done.

The context of the conversation was whether or not the ransom note was needed to steer police away from the family. The crime scene evidence is/was doing a fine job of that.

A guilty JR and PR would know ahead of time that 1500 handwritten letters claiming to be foreign while using good English composition would be studied by the FBI and would become the biggest threat of linking them to the crime.

Sure it can. The parents needed the RN if they were going to claim she was kidnapped. Nothing says "kidnapped" like a ransom note. Of course, the added benefit was that the ransom note could threaten her death if it was not obeyed. So because they knew she was ALREADY dead- all they had to do was disobey the note. And they did. In spades.

Sure it can. The parents needed the RN if they were going to claim she was kidnapped. Nothing says "kidnapped" like a ransom note. Of course, the added benefit was that the ransom note could threaten her death if it was not obeyed. So because they knew she was ALREADY dead- all they had to do was disobey the note. And they did. In spades.

But you're obviously glossing over a side-effect of having the handwriting studied and linked. In PR/JR's eyes there would be nothing more linkable between the murder and the murderer than their own personal handwriting.

RDI has been arguing for years something that you yourself would NEVER do: live and the scene of a murder and put pen to paper for 350 criminal words in your own personal handwriting.

I'd like to hear you claim that you could!

The context of the conversation was whether or not the ransom note was needed to steer police away from the family.

That's what I'm SAYING!

The crime scene evidence is/was doing a fine job of that.

PLEASE. Mary Lacy and Lin Wood were doing a fine job of that, you mean. And even if what you say were true, it's only because of luck.

You say that very confidently, HOTYH. I'm interested in knowing just HOW they would "know" that "ahead of time." I'm deadly serious: please enlighten me as to how two socialites who are not master criminals and had only a tertiary interest in true crime (at BEST) are suddenly supposed to have become instant experts in law enforcement proceedures, methods and tactics. THEN, explain to me how those same socialites were supposed to be thinking that far ahead under the circumstances.

While you're busy doing that, allow me to take a cue from Steely and list a few possibilities that might fit with what you say:

1) One or both Rs were arrogant enough to think that they could fool the cops. They wouldn't be the first! Heck, PR was on a jury about a year before the murder and thought she knew better than the prosecutor and defense counsel. She wasn't afraid to tell them so, either.

2) I've said it a million times: if they were thinking that far ahead, they knew they didn't have to fool the cops or the FBI; they have to fool one person out of twelve. And as the OJ Simpson trial showed, that's not hard to do.
There's a sucker born every minute, especially if you have million-dollar lawyers and goons who threaten witnesses.

3) Perhaps one of the Rs was counting on that very thing and was setting the other up to take a fall.

4) As you--HOTYH--suggested once, perhaps PR lost her grip on reality and JR went along because he didn't know what she was going to do.

Just a few considerations.

What do you mean, "it can't be done?" I've BEEN doing it!

Precisely!

But you're obviously glossing over a side-effect of having the handwriting studied and linked. In PR/JR's eyes there would be nothing more linkable between the murder and the murderer than their own personal handwriting.

RDI has been arguing for years something that you yourself would NEVER do: live and the scene of a murder and put pen to paper for 350 criminal words in your own personal handwriting.

I'd like to hear you claim that you could!

Anyone could.

Anyone could.

From my original perspective (I could care less if it was intruder or not, whoever did it is way sick) I can freely say that it is only an idiot who would write in their own hand 1500 characters of criminality while living in the house with a child murder victim.

Anyone is an idiot? No. This is wrong. Not even an idiot would do that. Its the biggest most ridiculous investigative blunder, to suppose someone who lived there would actually write that ransom note, at that length.

Arguing validity of an indefensible position lowers the esteem. There is no way to rationalize a long note in PR/JR's eyes.

You say that very confidently, HOTYH. I'm interested in knowing just HOW they would "know" that "ahead of time." I'm deadly serious: please enlighten me as to how two socialites who are not master criminals and had only a tertiary interest in true crime (at BEST) are suddenly supposed to have become instant experts in law enforcement proceedures, methods and tactics. THEN, explain to me how those same socialites were supposed to be thinking that far ahead under the circumstances.

Even an idiot knows you dont go around handwriting notes and leaving them at a child murder scene, when you live there. Its not my fault if you dont believe this.

Even an idiot knows you don't go around handwriting notes and leaving them at a child murder scene, when you live there.

THAT's your argument? You're going to have to do better than that, brother. If nothing else, I know only too well that smart people will do some pretty stupid things if they get backed into a corner and looking for a way out.

It's not my fault if you dont believe this.

No, it isn't your fault I don't believe it. If it makes you feel any better, my not believing it has nothing to do with you.

THAT's your argument? You're going to have to do better than that, brother. If nothing else, I know only too well that smart people will do some pretty stupid things if they get backed into a corner and looking for a way out.

No, it isn't your fault I don't believe it. If it makes you feel any better, my not believing it has nothing to do with you.

my big bold

This assumes that writing a ransom note provides an obvious advantage. This provision has not been established. Backed into a corner doesn't equate to adding personal handwriting to the evidence pool, even to an idiot.

Put another way, RDI can't show a causal relationship between the circumstances and a perceived advantage of a household member adding unnecessary personal handwriting to the evidence pool.

What was allegedly going on would not cause someone who lived there to believe they needed to handwrite a long note. Quite the opposite is true.

This assumes that writing a ransom note provides an obvious advantage.

Maybe they THOUGHT it would. Indeed, I can see how it would. Several of us here, including myself have made some pretty good arguments about that. I honestly don't know why you won't consider any of them. At one time, I thought it was due to my not expounding it well, but I'm starting to feel like it's not my fault.

This provision has not been established.

Well just for the tally book, HOTYH, the only thing that needs to be established is that the writer THOUGHT it would.

Backed into a corner doesn't equate to adding personal handwriting to the evidence pool, even to an idiot.

And I suppose you'd know this from personal experience? Look, I've been a good sport up to now, but so far, you've provided no rationale at all for statements such as these. And I'm not about to let it go at that.

Put another way, RDI can't show a causal relationship between the circumstances and a perceived advantage of a household member adding unnecessary personal handwriting to the evidence pool.

Well, let's establish a few things before we explore that:

1) What exactly is your definition of a "causal" relationship?

2) What, as you it, were the circumstances?

What was allegedly going on would not cause someone who lived there to believe they needed to handwrite a long note. Quite the opposite is true.

I'm afraid you're going to have to explain those two points. Why WOULDN'T it cause that, for one.

Maybe they THOUGHT it would. Indeed, I can see how it would. Several of us here, including myself have made some pretty good arguments about that. I honestly don't know why you won't consider any of them. At one time, I thought it was due to my not expounding it well, but I'm starting to feel like it's not my fault.

Well just for the tally book, HOTYH, the only thing that needs to be established is that the writer THOUGHT it would.

And I suppose you'd know this from personal experience? Look, I've been a good sport up to now, but so far, you've provided no rationale at all for statements such as these. And I'm not about to let it go at that.

Well, let's establish a few things before we explore that:

1) What exactly is your definition of a "causal" relationship?

2) What, as you it, were the circumstances?

I'm afraid you're going to have to explain those two points. Why WOULDN'T it cause that, for one.

Basically, you're claiming a trigger existed to handwrite a long long long long long ransom note. You're using the wildcard that PR irrationally perceived a trigger while us rational folk would not perceive a trigger.

That would be the last thing I would do ESPECIALLY if I lived there!

I'm claiming no trigger exists. There is nothing that would cause someone who is in company with a child murder or accident victim to pick up a pen and start writing.

It is because of a preconceived notion of RDI and the existence of a ransom note that the trigger is assumed to have existed. Typical but tragic circular reasoning.

Patsy probably did her best to disguise her handwriting by writing with her opposite hand. She was said to be able to do that.

Basically, you're claiming a trigger existed to handwrite a long long long long long ransom note.

I guess I am.

You're using the wildcard that PR irrationally perceived a trigger while us rational folk would not perceive a trigger.

You're putting words in my mouth. It's one thing to say that PR irrationally perceived a trigger (and I'm not saying that she wasn't irrational). But the idea that there's this clear definition between rational people and irrational people chafes me. Indeed, that's sort of the point that I'm making: IDI tends to see things in terms of black-and-white, and this is a good example. I'm not necessarily trying to differentiate PR from "us rational folk"; I'm saying that a rational person can easily do irrational things if the right elements come together. You follow me, HOTYH?

That would be the last thing I would do ESPECIALLY if I lived there!

Well, I'm glad you can say that, HOTYH. I have a bit less confidence in my own ability to remain rational and selfless under extreme circumstances, which is why I hesitate to make statements like that. No, things like that are too easy to say from the comfort of one's computer chair. Much too easy for my taste.

Moreover, assuming that you're right, just because YOU wouldn't do it doesn't mean that PR wouldn't, you know?

I'm claiming no trigger exists. There is nothing that would cause someone who is in company with a child murder or accident victim to pick up a pen and start writing.

Yes, I got that. You've been claiming that for a while now. But that's all it is: a claim. Still, it would just be nice to hear an actual rationale for it.

It is because of a preconceived notion of RDI and the existence of a ransom note that the trigger is assumed to have existed. Typical but tragic circular reasoning.

Give me a break. That's hardly worth a response, HOTYH. You're capable of so much better than that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RN527
Back