Votes: 49 8.6%
  • I am up on that fence

Votes: 86 15.2%
  • I have no clue

Votes: 74 13.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link. :) Does "deceased person" smell also translate to possible "other" smells?

I'm even more convinced at the moment that SODDI, but always subject to change since all we have to go on is what little "facts" are released. now, if I could just find a reasonable motive. I do have to wonder though, if we have seen all the "characters" in this case we are going to see?
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7322770&postcount=201"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Post your theory-****NO DISCUSSION****[/ame]

Thanks for the link. :) Does "deceased person" smell also translate to possible "other" smells?

From our own dog experts- the exact conversation starts right here at the top of page 7.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152258&highlight=blood&page=7

Carpet, towels, etc are also porous and will hold blood particles that decompose. Cadaver dogs DO hit on decomposing blood.

It's not that dogs may make a mistake, it's that they are just that amazing, with amazing abilities. If someone had a bloody nose, used a towel and threw it in the laundry for a week, washed the towel once and then it ended up on the floor- it could have been hit on. There are a myriad of reasons healthy, living people bleed. (Menstrual blood excluded since it is compositionally different and most dogs are trained to exclude it)

We don't know anything until the spot is confirmed, and/or forensic evidence is revealed from that spot.

JMO.

Abby pretty much covered it but I would like to see a couple of other dogs brought in to confirm the first dog. JMO

Abby pretty much covered it but I would like to see a couple of other dogs brought in to confirm the first dog. JMO

Good chance there was, Steely. We have been called out to scent discriminate (as backup) many times. Sometimes very 'quietly.'

I vote that I have no clue 'who did it'- but I'm putting my money on HRD alerts as being accurate. :(

Then again, I'm a bit biased by profession.

checking in, still on the fence leaning toward innocent. still need more information. hopefully i'm not saying the same thing next time for the re-re-re-poll. praying Lisa will be brought home soon, one way or the other.

just putting this thought here. i have been thinking a lot about how i would appear if my child was kidnapped, and i was thrust into a national media firestorm. i am an EXTREMELY private person. i get flustered talking to the clerk at the supermarket. if i were to go on TV and talk about my missing child, i believe i would appear just as JI does, shifty eyes and all. i am not projecting my behaviors onto JI, besides i really have no point of reference for that situation, so who knows, if it happened to me i could do a complete 180 and not be able to shut up. this has been said many times over but here it is again: human beings are all very different and it is very difficult to judge someone accurately on their behavior in an unimaginable time, especially if you do not know the person.

checking in, still on the fence leaning toward innocent. still need more information. hopefully i'm not saying the same thing next time for the re-re-re-poll. praying Lisa will be brought home soon, one way or the other.

just putting this thought here. i have been thinking a lot about how i would appear if my child was kidnapped, and i was thrust into a national media firestorm. i am an EXTREMELY private person. i get flustered talking to the clerk at the supermarket. if i were to go on TV and talk about my missing child, i believe i would appear just as JI does, shifty eyes and all. i am not projecting my behaviors onto JI, besides i really have no point of reference for that situation, so who knows, if it happened to me i could do a complete 180 and not be able to shut up. this has been said many times over but here it is again: human beings are all very different and it is very difficult to judge someone accurately on their behavior in an unimaginable time, especially if you do not know the person.

BBM

I totally agree. I'm trying to go more on the evidence than body language.

I'm on the fence, looking down, although I usually tend to go with one of the closest persons to the missing (i.e. mommy, daddy), so I'm actually on the edge of the fence which is not a comfortable place, so I may jump soon).

Anyway, I just find it hard to believe that this SODDI took time out from abducting this child to hunt down three cell phones - even if he walked right past them when he first walked into the house, why would he pick them up - ?? Doesn't make sense to me - not even the "so they couldn't call anyone theory." My neighbor is 20 feet away - I'd be over there faster than it would take me to find my own cell phone banging on their door to USE THEIR PHONE!!!!

The other thing I question is the spotting of a man carrying a child through the street - up to miles away - with a half naked baby in his arms...... Come on - where was the "getaway" car??? You abduct a child and then walk miles with it ---- to where??? the bus stop? train stop? Where was this person's final destination?

Is it possible that this was staged in the hopes that a lot of people might see this scenario and that the "child" in this man's arms wasn't baby Lisa - that baby Lisa was already dead and whoever this person was, was just carrying a doll or something through the streets to make it look like an abduction - come on, you don't walk miles with an abducted child - give me a break.

I still think DB is responsible, and I think she had an accomplice to help cover up. I think that 8:30 call is important and who had answered that call on MW's phone will likely be the accomplice.

The longer this case continues without a major break or an arrest, I fear Lisa will become yet another statistic: A missing/deceased child who is never found, and a perp who gets away with murder :maddening: jmo

I would expect decomposing semen to exude just that kind of smell, or something very similar.

No, as far as I know they only hit on decomposing body smell which is much different. I don't want to right now, or you can look up what cadaver dogs will hit on and what they won't.

I would expect decomposing semen to exude just that kind of smell, or something very similar.

Here's a link to the cadaver dog thread.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152518"]Cadaver dog hit on scent in DBs bedroom - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

This explains cadaver dog training a bit more;

I think they are trained to find a mix of smells and not just one like, blood or semen. I think they search for the total mixture of scents that make up a decomposing body smell.

IIRC, the people testifying in the KC trial said a dead body has a very unique odor and there is no mistaking it, even from a human perspective.

I was thinking decomposing semen, not fresh semen. Semen is a bodily fluid comprised of (among other things) living cells, as is a live human body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarbieP