Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AlwaysShocked said:
Another thing: Checking about his work, talking to his supervisor about his job performance since hired. Was he doing well or was he about to be let go?

Yep, AlwaysShocked: I've been beating his work-drum recently, too... What about these things?? What about other things during and prior to the 3-months he'd been at Chart One? That's why I opened that thread "What do we know about Jason" (which has proved a tad unpopular, lolllll :D :D :D....)

I think if many of us got together in an office and set a time clock, we could have most of that work done by phone, at least the ground work excluding forensics, in a week or less.

My point being that they are in no hurry, and in an earlier link Harrison mentioned they were being preassured by the public to know what's going on. And in the latest of his statements he prepares us for a 2 or 3 month wait till everything will be done to effect 'the' arrest, well he really said till the evidence might be completed. Same thing I think.

Like Charlie pointed out, the judicial system in Raleigh NC has been under a blitz of negative public opinion - tonight they are saying the DA violated the civil rights of the 3 possible Rapists at Duke - a crime! A dark haze hangs over the city, and I think the Asst DA/Prosecutor has decided time might be a saving grace, and let things settle down and rest. Then start up with a bang.

I just talked to my brother the opera singer. I got a whole new view of Raleigh NC. He sang there 2 weekends ago with a symphonic orchestra, 3 concerts of Schubert's work. The first concert was at the Cathedral at Duke and then at the city auditorium. He said the city was beautiful and the people very congenial. and left with a good taste about the city.

Scandi

Great posts about what the police are doing. I know Darlene mentioned financial records but I would specifiy that they will be looking at every charge s/he have made on their credit cards. You can learn alot about people from that piece of plastic.

hello jilly-girl .... !

:blowkiss:

Yes ... absolutely ... including purchases in previous week. Also, how long in advance had he made a hotel booking (or searched hotels)? Maybe he merely checked out which hotels were off the beaten track and catered more for 'pitstop' customers...

His cred card and/or cash purchases are v important!

:)

PolkSaladAnnie said:
hello jilly-girl .... !

:blowkiss:

Yes ... absolutely ... including purchases in previous week. Also, how long in advance had he made a hotel booking (or searched hotels)? Maybe he merely checked out which hotels were off the beaten track and catered more for 'pitstop' customers...

His cred card and/or cash purchases are v important!

:)

Hellooooo Dearie!:blowkiss:

Yes!! They'll definitely be checking to see if he stayed there before. Checking his habits in type of hotel and where they were situated in accordance with his routes. Checking on how often he even stayed in hotels. If he'd been with the Company for 3 months he must have had meetings before.

I wish we knew where he was when he made that 11pm call.

jilly said:
Hellooooo Dearie!:blowkiss:

Yes!! They'll definitely be checking to see if he stayed there before. Checking his habits in type of hotel and where they were situated in accordance with his routes. Checking on how often he even stayed in hotels. If he'd been with the Company for 3 months he must have had meetings before.

I wish we knew where he was when he made that 11pm call.

Oooh, have to dash now - but great that you brought in a KEY PHRASE ----------> his habits.

Anything out of character will be highly contentious, IMO and they'll scrutnize this 'business trip' against all other business trips - right down to checking how often he drove to his parents over a business trip.

With all the maps that otto, close and charlie provided on earlier threads, jilly, we know this was NO 'swinging-by'. Maybe an hour off the beaten track may be deemed reasonable in a 5 or 6 hour drive .... but poles apart? Seems odd to me.

Great stuff. We can look at Jason's habits! (er, or guess them ,lol, as the case may be...)

The Duke case is in Durham. Nifong is the DA in Durham County. Raleigh is in Wake County. The two counties are adjacent to each other. What Nifong does has nothing to do with Raleigh. Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill make up the Triangle. When some of the programs we watch talk to reporters about the Duke case, they are talking to reporters from Raleigh. As far as I know, there are no tv stations in Durham.

Wolfpack Fan said:
The Duke case is in Durham. Nifong is the DA in Durham County. Raleigh is in Wake County. The two counties are adjacent to each other. What Nifong does has nothing to do with Raleigh. Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill make up the Triangle. When some of the programs we watch talk to reporters about the Duke case, they are talking to reporters from Raleigh. As far as I know, there are no tv stations in Durham.
I believe Scandi meant Durham in her post. I think most of us are aware that Raleigh and Durham are geographically separate. But I would disagree, what has happened in Durham has IMO had an effect in general. Instead of the absolute media frenzy, this case is being very quiet in the press circles - I suggest a lesson was learned. There are no lawyers leaking documents and information to the press - again perhaps a lesson learned. The DA in this case is silent - again possibly a lesson learned. Same is true with LE - very quite and amazingly - no leaks period - that is almost unfathomable. While Durham may be 40 minutes away - the fiasco has IMO touched the Raleigh legal community and press in a profound way. JMO of course.

Well, I think they're just getting all their ducks in a row to be SURE there's a conviction when they make their arrest.

Ho-hum.......I seem to remember after Laci and Conner washed ashore MPD said it would be a month before they had the test results back. Scott high-tailed it outta Dodge but stopped to play a few rounds of golf, go out to strip joints, a little more golf,.........all the while he had his almost $15,000 in spending money, camping equipment and an international border but minutes away......After all, it had only been but days since they'd discovered the bodies, he had plenty of time. NOT!

JMHO
fran

PS.......there are several cases (unfortunately) that it took LE some time to build their case. But when the evidence is all there, they get their man.....Just think OJ.............LAPD RUSHED to arrest and didn't have their evidence ready, speedy trial,.........killer let loose...........fran

I think that all this time, when we are waiting for news, someone is keeping a very close eye on JY.

If he has a "sweetie" waiting in the wings, we will find out, and it will just add to the motive for this murder.

Give a guy enough rope, and he will hang himself. With the waiting period, I think the noose is just getting tighter. LE is being very cautious, because they want a very secure case.

I sure wish we could make a timeline - but foremost, we need a record of his phone calls - sigh - Not going to happen.

Wolfpack Fan said:

Isn't there WXII in Durham?

You are right that Nifong has nothing to do with Raleigh. That is a whole different county.

raisincharlie said:
I believe Scandi meant Durham in her post. I think most of us are aware that Raleigh and Durham are geographically separate. But I would disagree, what has happened in Durham has IMO had an effect in general. Instead of the absolute media frenzy, this case is being very quiet in the press circles - I suggest a lesson was learned. There are no lawyers leaking documents and information to the press - again perhaps a lesson learned. The DA in this case is silent - again possibly a lesson learned. Same is true with LE - very quite and amazingly - no leaks period - that is almost unfathomable. While Durham may be 40 minutes away - the fiasco has IMO touched the Raleigh legal community and press in a profound way. JMO of course.

Good point, Charlie. I too think a lesson was learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025