DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What did we learn today 6-29-2011 - Multiple Choice

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guessing that when disaster strikes vodka wins over a grief counselor.

I learned that a conviction is assured and that ICA will never see fireworks or attend a picnic again.

what about retail therapy! I think S. K. wants to play herself in the movie!

I learned that some mothers sit in the cemetery with an umbrella so their child wouldn't be alone in the dark and the rain. Some put theirs in trash bags.

Donieta, I thought I had cried enough today watching GA and then I read your post.

I learned that some mothers sit in the cemetery with an umbrella so their child wouldn't be alone in the dark and the rain. Some put theirs in trash bags.

BBM I don't think that I'm ever going to forget hearing that. :(

:hug: steely dan :( I hope you feel better soon :loveyou:

Thanks, somehow I accidentally let my blood sugar drop to 62 but I've had lower blood sugar at times and not had the headache and stomach ache.

I just learned the defense plans to wrap up their case tomorrow and HHJBP said that rebuttal would begin immediately. Also KH/RC is probably going to testify tomorrow.

I missed everything after RK's son testified can someone write a synopsis please.

I also thought RK's son did a little bit of damage but I'm not sure how. He cast doubt on some of RK's story but does it really matter? :dunno:

I also think it would be very hard for any human being to sink lower than JB has.

All of this is JMO

I learned a new phrase: "magical thinking" to explain the unthinkable. Geez, seriously, WTH was that?????

I learned that I'm still in exactly the same place I was when the prosecution rested.

I learned that yesterday when I heard them say Casey "found the papers, handed them to JB" to impeach her own mother was cold but no emotions when her dad broke down confirmed for me she's capable of anything!

I learned that you can't leave a door "cracked" around JA!

One more thing, I learned how lucky & blessed I am to have WS friends like y'all to share all this with! Thank you all & Steely, feel better! George, you had that something inside of you today....you had Caylee there giving you strength because Jo Jo & Uncle Lee made sure her voice was heard!

I'm not sure if this is something I "learned" but I'll post anyway.

Today my heart broke into a million pieces for George Anthony. I wanted to cry with him on the stand. I was proud that he told the truth and stood up for his beloved Caylee Marie. I just hope things don't change like they did with Cindy.

Today nothing else mattered ... his inconsistencies, alleged affairs he may have had, his shortcomings etc. The George Anthony I saw was a pitiful, broken man. Nothing would make me happier (besides a guilty verdict) than to see George find closure, get his life together and try to move on from this. If I wasn't so far away, I would probably invite him to live with my family lol
I'd really like to see him do well in life and HEAL.

I felt really bad for GA today but he hasn't been honest the whole way through. CA had a lot of people here feeling sorry for her but then she came back to herself. I'll reserve judgment till the end of the trial.

I saw the very end of that expert witness' testimony and what you've posted is crushing.

How did she do for the defense over all? Jeff Ashton was just finishing up when I got back out.

Not only would an emu be more compassionate, but any emu out of the habitat would be a better lawyer as well.

I had to vote for option 4. I am exhausted, both mentally and physically! Every time the DT brings up a witness they end up being a SA witness - period. I just can't get over it, and have seen nothing like it.

The last witness (sally) completely kerfluffled me, and to imagine River Cruz sitting in the hall had me so stressed out.

After today's testimony - the SA won HANDS DOWN! As sad as it may sound, the DT dug a hole deeper than they can imagine ever getting out of.

Tomorrow proves to be even more interesting -- but the SA has definitely won this case. No doubt about it :)

MOO

Mel

ETA: Oh, I also learned that ICA could cry for a woman she never met, never talked to, but couldn't squeeze out a tear for her own father breaking down on the stand :(

The Year of Magical Thinking is a wonderful book. The author couldn't part with her husband's shoes for a long long time knowing he was dead, but wanting him back to need those shoes.

Those loud thuds we heard were the jurors falling out of their seats when they learned George and Cindy had dinner at the Ritz-Carlton the evening Caylee's remains were found --- and they were having dinner with Jose Baez! :eek:

Didn't you love it when JA got Susan Smith's name out loud in court?

I learned that I can blame any of my actions on grieving.:innocent:

I saw the very end of that expert witness' testimony and what you've posted is crushing.

How did she do for the defense over all? Jeff Ashton was just finishing up when I got back out.

Not too well IMO. She had some odd mannerisms and was accepted as an expert witness against JA's objections due to her qualifications. JA was unable to get her to answer which peer reviewed journals she had published research in and it appeared that she didn't know what peer reviewed journal means. She said she had written for Chicken Soup for the Soul books and had been chosen to write a chapter in a book published by the Parents magazine, and when JA attempted to make the point that Parents magazine is not a peer reviewed scientific journal it appeared to be lost on her. Then she said her submission to the book was accepted by the Barnes and Noble editors. Um, okay, whatever.

The topics she had written about didn't have anything to do with the present situation, she had written about gay women coping with aids and hospice nursing and some such stuff, and she didn't remember where she published without referring to her CV which would be understandable if she had tons of articles to her name but she had very much difficulty coming up with anything peer reviewed.

Her testimony on direct was mostly DS testifying for her: She had an amazingly complex sob story about a young woman who was an amazing mother but who came from a dysfunctional family. JA objected because it was assuming facts not in evidence but the judge let DS continue and the expert witness's reply was basically that her behavior can be dysfunctional grief.

JA asked her on cross if there is any kind of behavior that is inconsistent as being a grief reaction and she couldn't come up with anything. She said that there are normal grief reactions and abnormal grief reactions and almost anything can fall under the umbrella of abnormal grief reactions. JA asked her if she can differentiate between a person who's having a grief reaction and one that is not without knowing their background. She quoted some instrument that she uses in her office. Not used in this case since she says she came here with no background knowledge since the case was not covered in England where she was at the time. She was contacted in May this year.

Then JA asked a hypothetical of his own about how a mother who has killed her child grieves. DS objected, because there is no evidence of this and they went to sidebar. She was apparently sustained or JA decided to give up that line of questioning but IMO it doesn't matter because he had already made his point.

Then they talked about compartmentalizing and delusions and magical thinking for a while. JA made a point that someone who lost their father may say he's in Europe but usually they don't say they're in Europe with daddy themselves. Casey didn't appear to be delusional that her child was in Tampa with her and the nanny because she gave her story just to her mom and everybody else knew she was in Orlando and she said different lies to them.

The expert then talked about the extreme variation in grief behavior that she's seen and related a touching story about the mother who had lost a child and wanted to sit with him with an umbrella because it was his first storm and he wouldn't have to be alone in the dark and the rain. JA asked if a mother's bond changes after death, and the expert said no, she doesn't think so. There were no further questions, (none needed, IMO), no redirect. And what on earth could DS have said to that? I have no idea. The contrast was so striking. Little Caylee alone in the swamp with the maggots...

And this makes me so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members