What did we learn today 7-05-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What did we learn today 7-05-2011? - MULTIPLE CHOICE!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I learned today that some if not all of jurors were definitely discussing the case amongst each other way before they went into deliberation. What a sad day. I feel exactly like I did after the O.J. case.

I learned it is a good idea to start creating imaginary friends to cover your lies. That way if you ever get arrested you can use them as an excuse for any behavior pointing toward guilt. Which leads to...

I learned there actually are 12 people out there stupid enough to believe it.

I learned today that some if not all of jurors were definitely discussing the case amongst each other way before they went into deliberation. What a sad day. I feel exactly like I did after the O.J. case.

Thank you for saying exactly what I think. Going by news reports yesterday, some of the jurors were dressed up yesterday, anticipating going home. I'm positive they had already been discussing it long before deliberations.

I learned that we need a professional jury system which is an Idea being tossed ably a few years ago. Some people can't make logical connections . Some people can't put aside their own biases towards law . Some people can't be trusted to make such important decisions.

I just heard NG detail about 6 peoples backgrounds. Two didn't finish high school, one drug charges one domestic violence background. Not a competent reliable jury imo

I'd never heard of the professional jury idea, but I like it. Was there doubt in this case? Of course there was. There's doubt in any case where there isn't a series of impartial eyewitnesses. But was it reasonable? Not in my opinion. I think the jury couldn't see the forest through the trees.

I'd never heard of the professional jury idea, but I like it. Was there doubt in this case? Of course there was. There's doubt in any case where there isn't a series of impartial eyewitnesses. But was it reasonable? Not in my opinion. I think the jury couldn't see the forest through the trees.

Thank you, I agree.

I can't help but repeat what Jeff Ashton said - there is no logical reason to make an accident look like a murder. Period, end of story. The accident theory never made sense.

Even if the jurors think Caylee died by accident, Casey STILL would have to be found guilty of manslaughter or child abuse. They did not find her guilty of either. In my opinion - they FAILED.

I learned that 12 emus selected at random by lottery, without any way out of service, but well paid, would have made a much, much better jury than the elite one they picked up from Pinellas County.

I learned that juries are not to be trusted and the bad guys win more often than I thought.

I learned not to get so close to a case like this again, my heart is truly broken and I'm angry :furious: I'm angry that not only does Casey go FREEEEEE, but look at all the #($&(#%& she caused to everyone all around her and she gets away with it. HOWEVER, I do believe she will not be living the good life, I really don't.

I also blame the judge for pushing to get this trial over and done with so fast. Well Judge P, it is over, what do u think of yourself now?

I learned that juries are completely unpredictable. In the Louise Woodward case there were two other adults in the house who could have possibly hurt the baby, in addition to the theory that the older brother dropped or fell on him...and the jury went straight to second degree murder! And she had a better attorney! I don't understand it.

I learned not to get so close to a case like this again, my heart is truly broken and I'm angry :furious: I'm angry that not only does Casey go FREEEEEE, but look at all the #($&(#%& she caused to everyone all around her and she gets away with it. HOWEVER, I do believe she will not be living the good life, I really don't.

I am so with you on never again getting close to a case in our so-called justice system. I get it now. As someone else said, we have a legal system, not a justice system. There is no justice and the truth no longer matters in the US. This case proves it ABSOLUTELY.

As angry and shocked as people are, the jury did render the proper verdicts by the letter of the law of the land. I harbour no ill will or malice towards the jury, the attourneys or officers of the court. They have done their jobs to the best of their ability.

In Scotland they have another verdict available to them besides "guilty" or "not guilty". They also have the option to choose of "not proven". I think that our North American (Canadian and American) justice systems would benefit from incorporating this.

I learned that 12 supposedly nominally intelligent jurors will believe the testimony of an admitted liar (both ICA and River according to the alternate) talk about the case amongst themselves before they are legally allowed to do so and let a baby killer go free.....and that is called justice. PFFFT.

Casey may have been found "Not Guilty", but she is not innocent.

I learned that in what seems like a world gone mad, knowing I could come to WS and be amongst friends was more reassuring than listening to all the talking heads in the world. This verdict and the travesty of justice it represents for Caylee Marie will take a long time to shake off. We're lucky to have each other.

cayleemarie.jpg

Who murdered Caylee then? Will the case be re-opened? Will Cindy tell us all to get off our behinds and find the real killer again?

Other than that, I learned that psychopaths can get away with murder and that this sets a precedent for every liar and cheater. 31 days, and duct tape over the mouth and nose...Hey Jury! I hope you can live with this. You've given the world a new standard for the banality of evil.

SADLY, I learned that IF you go partying and get a tattoo after murdering your child and tossing her into a wooded dump site, you can get off SCOTT-FREE!

Who murdered Caylee then? Will the case be re-opened? Will Cindy tell us all to get off our behinds and find the real killer again?

Other than that, I learned that psychopaths can get away with murder and that this sets a precedent for every liar and cheater. 31 days, and duct tape over the mouth and nose...Hey Jury! I hope you can live with this. You've given the world a new standard for the banality of evil.

The Caylee Anthony case is a closed case, not a cold case. Cold cases are cases that remain unsolved. This case was solved a while back and the fact that the perp got away with it does not make it revert back to an unsolved case.

I don't know about anyone else and didn't read the options but I learned how to get away with murder, pure and simple.

And that if you want to obtain lots of easy money and escape lengthy jail time, you can be much more successful by murdering your baby than armed robbery of a bank and/or selling drugs.
What a tragic joke this trial was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back