What do you guys think

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hello, everyone; I saw an episode of Forensic Files about this case, but heard nothing else about it here in England.

Since I was led to this site yesterday, I have been reading everything I can!
Where is the evidence of an argument between Darin and Darlie? I am surprised they owned up to having one.
It's so hard to understand how someone could murder their children, but I am sure she did it. It's obvious, isn't it, that you have to take EVERYTHING she says about that night with a pinch of salt...from Darin leaving her downstairs at whatever time, onwards.
You all know so much more than I do, so I will keep trawling through.
Best wishes to you all.

Shamrock said:
I believe Darin may have started this whole thing. Now, I don't know that he intended to have anyone killed, but if he did, I believe it was Darlie that he wanted dead. Darin admitted (after Darlie's conviction) that he had spoken with people just three days before the murders about having the house burglarized for the insurance money.

I think that what may have happened is that someone (possibly more than one person) came into the house that night and either intended to burglarize the home for the insurance money OR to harm/kill Darlie because she had asked for a separation that night.

Maybe Darin wanted the home burglarized and Darlie awoke and put up a fight? Maybe Darin knew they were going to do it but didn't know what night it would be done (if he knew, I'm sure he would have preferred Darlie to be upstairs with him in the bedroom where she would be less likely to hear anything)? Or maybe, after she asked for the separation, he became furious and wanted her either harmed or dead.

Thoughts, anyone?

And the boys? He wanted them dead also? If Darin wanted Darlie dead, she'd be dead. I don't believe Darin's "burglary" story and neither did the appellate judges. If he had arranged to have the house burglarized why didn't he tell someone and offer up the names of the burglars right away before Darlie was arrested. His sons were murdered, not burgled.

The burglary story is suspect. MOO

gemini666 said:
Hello, everyone; I saw an episode of Forensic Files about this case, but heard nothing else about it here in England.
I am pretty new around here, too, but welcome anyway. I know the case pretty well and so do many others here. So ask away. You can find the court documents and trial transcripts at fordarlieroutier.com. There's another site that has documents, too, but I have forgotten that addy. Maybe someone else here will post it for you. I think it is justicefor darlie or something like that, Happy sleuthing.

Goody said:
I am pretty new around here, too, but welcome anyway. I know the case pretty well and so do many others here. So ask away. You can find the court documents and trial transcripts at fordarlieroutier.com. There's another site that has documents, too, but I have forgotten that addy. Maybe someone else here will post it for you. I think it is justicefor darlie or something like that, Happy sleuthing.

www.justicefordarlie.net. It's easier to get around the transcripts at this site. They are all indexed for you.

gemini666 said:

Since I was led to this site yesterday, I have been reading everything I can!
Where is the evidence of an argument between Darin and Darlie? I am surprised they owned up to having one.
It's so hard to understand how someone could murder their children, but I am sure she did it. It's obvious, isn't it, that you have to take EVERYTHING she says about that night with a pinch of salt...from Darin leaving her downstairs at whatever time, onwards.
You all know so much more than I do, so I will keep trawling through.
Best wishes to you all.

Welcome. You'll have to look through the post-trial affidavits and appellate documents filed by Darlie to see Darin's affidavit. Darlie's mother told me that they fought that night and she asked for a "separation." She then lied to all of Darlie's supporters, and anyone else who would listen, and say I was a liar. Low and behold, several years later, Darin signs an affidavit swearing to same. Once the fact that she was the liar, and not me, made another whole group of fence sitters fall off on the "guilty" side. ;)

I still think Darin cut Darlie's neck .
I also think Darin was having an affair with Dana.
I think Darin planted the sock.

As convincing as Jeana is(:D) about Darlie being the lone muderer
Killer I also think Darin was involved in that too(although by no means do I think Darlie is innocent!)

how much insurance money, if any, were on these two children? and darlie?
how much is on darin? if there is a substantial difference wouldn't that make him look pretty guilty of involvement as well?

also i think he definitely would've heard those two kids screaming for their life, so i believe he would've came downstairs right away. does this give the intruder, or darlie time to cut herself?

I don't think either darlie or darin would cover up for the other one. what would there be to gain from darin to cover up the fact that he saw her kill them, or knows that she did.

the window could've either been cut earlier and have nothing to do with this case- or she could've had this all planned out and did that earlier.

am i making any sense? or do i need more sleep?

sharon

messiecake said:
I still think Darin cut Darlie's neck .
I also think Darin was having an affair with Dana.
I think Darin planted the sock.

As convincing as Jeana is(:D) about Darlie being the lone muderer
Killer I also think Darin was involved in that too(although by no means do I think Darlie is innocent!)
I was thinking this too, that the slicing of her neck is something that i would picture as someone being behind you and holding the knife to your neck and cutting it, instead of stabbing you while you are standing in front of them.

although i don't see why he would help her cover up the fact that she killed the kids, and i don't see this as being a joint effort. while kill just two of them? what did darlie have to gain by helping her soon to be ex kill them?
darin on the other hand could have motive for killing the two oldest kids and darlie..
the baby is still young enough that darin would have no problem raising that child with his new woman-

sharon

sharon25 said:
also i think he definitely would've heard those two kids screaming for their life, so i believe he would've came downstairs right away. does this give the intruder, or darlie time to cut herself?
It depends if they had a chance to scream or not. They were both supposedly asleep when they were attacked and so it may have been a fairly silent attack.

the window could've either been cut earlier and have nothing to do with this case- or she could've had this all planned out and did that earlier.
Highly doubtful that the screen cut had nothing to do with it. In fact impossible to believe considering it was the entry and exit point. No way did an intruder just happen to stumble across a cut screen.

But, yes she could have cut the screen earlier. I think her sister Dana said she had left the window open that day so presumably she would have noticed a cut screen on the window at that point but it could be that
a) Darlie cut it later that night and before the attacks
b) Dana DID notice the cut screen and maybe that is why she has never testified? Pure speculation and unlikely... but...

More from Rick Hollingsworth.......

Mulder recently told me that he had represented Darin for less than an hour that day and that Darin told him nothing about the murders. Mulder said that he would have quickly and happily pointed the finger at Darin but that every time he asked Darlie if her attacker could possibly have been her husband, she said, "Absolutely not." I asked Mulder if he had ever heard a rumor, while preparing for trial, that Darin was looking for someone to burglarize the house before the murders. "Never," he said. But according to the affidavit given to me by Darlie's stepfather, Bob Kee, Darin said in the spring of 1996 that he had a plan in which he and his family would be gone from the house and that a "burglar," hired by him, would pull up with a U-Haul truck, remove household items, and keep them hidden until the insurance company paid the claim. All that was needed, Darin said, was someone to do the job. The soft-spoken Kee, who lives with Darlie's mother on a small farm east of Dallas, told me that when the murders first happened, his conversation with Darin "never crossed my mind." When I asked him why he didn't later get the information into the hands of Darlie's lawyers, he said, "I don't have a good answer other than 'I don't know.'" Maybe he didn't want to get Darin in trouble—or maybe, as implausible as it seems, he failed to make a connection between Darin's plan and the murders. Darlie's mother, Darlie Kee, told me that she had never wanted to consider the possibility that Darin was involved; she loved him like a son. But in March 2000, after Darin seemed to be getting increasingly upset over questions from Richard Reyna, Cooper's private investigator, she began to have second thoughts, and her husband told her for the first time the particulars of his long-ago conversation with Darin. She immediately called Stephen Cooper. Could Darlie's husband, mother, and stepfather be making the whole thing up to help her get a new trial? Reyna grilled Darin repeatedly about the story and said he believes Darin was looking for someone to hire. He said he even got Darin to admit to him that he had worked out another scam a couple of years before the murders in which he had had his car stolen so he could collect the insurance money. Darin told me that he did not arrange for his Jaguar to be stolen, but he admitted saying to the person who he believed eventually stole the car, "It wouldn't bother me if it was gone." Darin would not deny to me that the person who broke into his house and murdered his sons could have been someone who had heard him discuss his would-be insurance scam. But he said he had no idea who that person might be—and if such a crime did happen, it was without his assistance. "Why would I do that if I had my kids and my wife downstairs?" he said. "That's the craziest story I have ever heard." When I told him that the complete truth might help get his wife a new trial, he insisted that he wanted to do what he could for Darlie. "But I don't want to end up with some kind of charges brought against me either," he said. "I don't want to help her at the expense of my life." Reyna said he wonders if Darin is holding back even more secrets. After interviewing both Darin and Darlie, he got the idea that Darin might have hired someone to kill her. He said Darlie told him that she had been threatening to divorce Darin—a fact that has never been made public. He said Darin was once so upset over Darlie's threat of divorce that he had put a pistol to his head. Was it possible that Darin had decided that if he was going to lose Darlie, he wasn't going to let anyone else have her? Darlie told me she was never serious about divorcing Darin. Only once, added Darin, did she pack a suitcase and spend the night with a girlfriend "because she thought I was working too much and not showing her enough attention." The pistol incident—which Darin characterized as "dramatic to get her attention, like she does to me all the time"—happened two full years before the murders. "Me and Darlie, we've had our spats, but it's never been serious," Darin said. "I've never hit her. I've never cheated on her." When I asked him about Reyna's suggestion that he would want Darlie killed, Darin replied in a disgusted tone of voice, "That's completely false and ridiculous." Here's where the what-ifs come into play. What if Darin is lying and really did hire someone to kill Darlie? Once he realized Damon and Devon were sleeping downstairs a few feet from their mother, wouldn't he have called the thing off rather than risk the lives of his sons? What if Darin hired someone to break in, with no intention of anyone getting killed, only the "burglar" showed up on the wrong night? When he encountered Darlie and the boys asleep downstairs, wouldn't he have turned tail and run? Would he really have panicked, picked up a sock from the utility room, wrapped it around his hand to avoid leaving fingerprints, grabbed the butcher knife, stabbed the boys, slit Darlie's throat, and run quickly out the back, along the way dropping the knife in the utility room and the bloody sock in the alley? What if there never was an outside intruder after all? What if Darlie really did it and Darin was her accomplice in covering it up—a scenario that prosecutors say they have also considered? What if Darin came downstairs, saw what his wife had done to the boys, and then planted false clues to try to keep her from being arrested? Because he had no blood on him, he could have taken the sock down the alley without leaving a trail. He could have been the one who carefully cut Darlie's throat and inflicted her other wounds, after convincing her that the cops would be more likely to believe her story if she had also been stabbed. Or maybe Darlie, who was in such a delicate emotional state only a month before, decided after one of her fights with Darin to murder the boys and then kill herself—only she couldn't quite bring herself to commit suicide. Perhaps Darin came downstairs, begged her to put the knife down, and then planted false clues and staged a crime scene before having her call 911. Darin said all the speculation is outlandish and that he still believes an unknown assailant came into his house. "I love my wife and I loved my boys," he told me. "My God, I loved them." "How did this ever happen?"

http://texasmoratorium.org/mod.php?...e_id=44&group=3

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam
Back