What do you think Casey's life would be like if she is found not guilty?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way she will be found not guilty, IMO.

Lord, I wish that was guaranteed, but then again, we have OJ don't we? and so we have to worry until the moment that verdict is read and that sentence is actually handed down. THEN we can MAYBE breathe a sigh of relief...

OR

:bang:we can get slammed! and grieve at the injustice of it all...:waitasec:

I am hoping for the sigh...:)

Her life if not convicted would be Non existant. No friends, no job, no nothing.

Casey would have to change her name and hairstyle/hair color and move far away, possibly even to another country.

The aclaimed and best selling mystery novelist, Ann Perry, is actually, the real teen murderess Juliet Hulme. (Heavenly Creatures) Because she was underage at the time of the murder, she was released from prison in her early 20's and moved from New Zealan to the UK. She took her stepfather's last name and changed her first name to Ann. Later she joined the Mormon church. She has become a best selling author of Victorian mysteries. She never married. The woman who she committed the murder with also changed her name and now resides in the UK as well - although they have not seen each other and cannot due to the restrictions of their release, they only live about 30 miles apart. The other woman has not married either. The two of them committed one of the most infamous crimes in the history of New Zealand. By moving half the world away, they have been able to go on to live law abiding lives, undisturbed by anyone until the movie Heavenly Creatures was made, raking up their history.

I am familiar with her story. I was a big fan of Anne Perry - she can write a good mystery/book. But, after learning of her background, it hasn't been the same. I read one a year or so ago, and while on one hand the book was good, I couldn't stand it, and it took forever to finish it. Knowing her past has changed how I feel about her, and, I don't want to give her money. The one I bought last was from a used book store, and even then, it bugged me.

Lord, I wish that was guaranteed, but then again, we have OJ don't we? and so we have to worry until the moment that verdict is read and that sentence is actually handed down. THEN we can MAYBE breathe a sigh of relief...

OR

:bang:we can get slammed! and grieve at the injustice of it all...:waitasec:

I am hoping for the sigh...:)

The evidence (however circumstantial) is overwhelming. Look at all they have gained since the GJ indictment back in October! AND think of all we are not privvy to! I believe we will be shocked at what comes out at trial.

The evidence (however circumstantial) is overwhelming. Look at all they have gained since the GJ indictment back in October! AND think of all we are not privvy to! I believe we will be shocked at what comes out at trial.

I hope so. I could use some shocks in FAVOR of her being convicted...it would be most refreshing after all the heaploads of shocks we have suffered in her defense by her attorneys and her family...:eek:

But the again...there is OJ in the back of the mind, running away, fleeing on national television and acquitted! I know he was held "civilly" liable and owes bigtime money...but he needed to be locked away for what he did instead of getting away with it...

I just hope there is no chance that this could not happen in THIS case.

I hope so. I could use some shocks in FAVOR of her being convicted...it would be most refreshing after all the heaploads of shocks we have suffered in her defense by her attorneys and her family...:eek:

How does that saying go? If you can't impress them with the truth, dazzle (or this case 'shock') them with b*&%s@#*?

To me, it doesn't matter one iota if some people will accept Casey, whether it's because of the infamy or denial.

What matters to me is that she'll never be able to go up to a stranger with confidence. She'll never be able to go up to any cute guy and say "Hey, my name is Casey" and not be in fear of an awful response. She won't be able to get on stage at a wet t-shirt contest and not worry about derision. She couldn't walk down the street without fearing someone might kick the crap out of her.

For a narcissistic, socialite wannabe, she'll have to live in a relative vacuum. No going back to Fusian or making friends on her own terms. Anyone choosing to be friends with KC after this would probably have an ulterior motive or a misanthropic bent and even she'd recognize that. She might not care about the 'whys' but she'd care that she was more well known because of Caylee than for her own...virtues.

I don't fear a not guilty verdict; I do fear she'll one day get outside the walls of prison. I desperately want DP put back in play so we can have LWOP as an almost guaranteed consolation prize.

I once sat on the jury during the penalty phase of a capital murder, and I would give an arm, some teeth, and my Wii to trade that experience for a spot on this jury. Too bad I'm four counties over.

What do you think Casey's life would be like if she is found not guilty?

she will be still living at home having her parents support her and she will be on the net..myspace/facebook. Guess she would need some new friends to text with, maybe she made some good ones in county jail. LOL

if she wanted some kind of normal life she would have to change her name, wear colored contacts, different hair color and file about a half an inch off those teeth and voila she would be unrecognizable..not much to can do with those gnarly little hands, though.hahahahaha

I don't expect any big prosecution surprises during the trial, I made that mistake for the Scott Peterson trial. Unlike with Scott Peterson, where I had my doubts that the jury would find him guilty, I have no concerns at all about Casey being convicted. No way on earth will she be found not guilty. It just will not happen.

not sure if people are familiar with Karla Homolka but she was found guilty and served 12yrs i think for participating in the murders of her younger sister and two teenage girls..the torture/murder/sex slayings were video taped and made their way to the internet and even though the public was outraged by her release and i believe she received death threats..Karla now has a baby of her own and lives a relatively nice life in Montreal.
she changed her name so not sure of current info on her
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2007/02/08/3558711-sun.html

...i imagine casey's life will go on as usual if she is found not guilty, she'll just find a new set of friends to hang out with an manipulate.

Oh I god know about Karla, that was horrifying, they let her off with just that :eek:

I never thought of that, actually, but mary bell too.

I assumed if KC did manage to get off she still will have no life but I guess with a new hairdo and an new name she would be just fine wouldnt she :(

Just like OJ, she would end up in jail again for something else -- probably stealing/fraud.
You nailed it.
There are always fringe weirdos who would be attracted to her notoriety .

She would be a tabloid favorite and we would see candid photos of the latest boyfriend and haircut evertime we go through the checkout line until eternity.
Freak Celebrity just like OJ.
Though she would enjoy it much more then OJ.
Especially since Im sure she lacks the maturity or insight to see it for what it truly would be.
But like OJ and every other sociopath she would never stop raising the stakes when acting on her anti social impulses and would continue to press the limit until she finally pushed it too far.

First maybe a book called A Victums Story about her life for 500k.

In hollywood it doesn't matter if you are famous or infamous there is money to be made.

I think she would be killed if she were found innocent. Just like she would be in gen pop. Either way it doesn't look good for her.

If her life does end up in danger, if found innocent: she will probably work to fade into the background, have her name changed and move to an obscure place, thus resuming her life as a "new" person. She may even have children, forgetting that Caylee ever existed...

It is a very real scenario...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members