What evidence does the prosecution have?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The person who released the picture, according to ABC was a neighbor - the one he told to call his wife.

Wonder if the neighbor is the Detective ?iirc that was in plain clothes and Id'd as such in the photo standing in front of the ambulance with LE that night. jmo

If he was asked at the scene it should have been in Officer Smiths report since he had custody of him.

If a police officer called George and that is who he is talking to on the phone with the bloody head it could not have been Officer Smith otherwise it would have been in his report.

Makes me wonder if maybe the Sgt. called him.

He was interrogated until 3:00 am. It's not like they made a snap decision right then and there at the crime scene and allowed him to go home. Seven hours later.

I would imagine he was talking to his wife.

Wonder if the neighbor is the Detective ?iirc that was in plain clothes and Id'd as such in the photo standing in front of the ambulance with LE that night. jmo

I was thinking Taaffe maybe?

That is just false. Pure fiction.

O/T They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thanks

He was told BY AUTHORITIES to stay in his vehicle. Nuff said....

The statement "There is zero evidence that Trayvon was smoking pot the evening he was killed."is 100% absolutely false. The statement "As of today, we have zero evidence of those types of things." is not. You are correct in saying "WE", the nosy public, have zero evidence is true, but a blanket statement saying such possible evidence does not exist is 100% false.

It twas I that made that statement. There is zero evidence that Trayvon was smoking pot the evening he was killed. Just like, there is zero evidence that GZ crashed his car that night. Just an example, don't need people starting a rumor that GZ crashed his car. As of today, we have zero evidence of those types of things. It may change, but as of today, zero evidence. :what:

I was thinking Taaffe maybe?

If it was Francis Taaffe then I would think Taaffe was with him the whole time. IMO

Didn't Oliver say it was a police officer who took the picture with a cell phone?

Aired March 27, 2012 - 20:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

GRACE: All right. OK, Joe Oliver --

HELLING: But you know, that`s what he`s saying.

GRACE: Let`s see Joe Oliver and Steve Helling. What about it, Joe? What can you tell me about his injuries?

JOE OLIVER, FRIEND OF GEORGE ZIMMERMAN: About his injuries? About his broken nose and about the gashes on the back of his head?

GRACE: Yes.

OLIVER: That they happened. We are efforting, rather, a picture that was taken by one of the police investigators on the scene on an iPhone before George was cleaned up to show the severity of the beating.

GRACE: OK, that`s going to go a long way if that really exists.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7827258&postcount=989"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #31[/ame] http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/27/ng.01.html

How much can AD know, he was not part of the investigation? He does not know what reports/evidence the SP and her team were privy to, he's just talking to talk and bring in the conspiracy theories..so that the controvery sells media airtime and he gets face time...Agendas...:maddening:

Crump was the one all over the media selling conspiracy theories and he outright lied about Wolfinger, making no apologies when caught in his lie. Instead, he stated (CNN Wolf Blitzer), he had to do it to get the attention he needed to bring an arrest.

AD commented on the "wording" of the charging document. The only attributed incident on the entire report, was the actual shooting, which has yet to be determined to be a crime. All the other allegations are completely unsupported. Even a lay person can see, there's not enough in the probable cause document to justify murder 2. JMO

If it was Francis Taaffe then I would think Taaffe was with him the whole time. IMO

Didn't Oliver say it was a police officer who took the picture with a cell phone?

"The photographer said that after the shooting, Zimmerman asked the photographer to call his wife. When the photographer asked him what to say, Zimmerman blurted out, "Man, just tell her I shot someone."

Investigators have seen the photo.

Crump, the Martin family attorney, is skeptical."
ABC Link

ETA another link: "The person who took the photograph told ABC News he heard Martin and Zimmerman fighting before the shooting and that after Martin was killed, Zimmerman asked the photographer to call Zimmerman’s wife, allegedly blurting out, “Man, just tell her I shot someone.”

GPS and other data embedded in the photo shows it was taken at the scene with an iPhone just three minutes after the shooting, according to ABC News.

ABC News said the photographer said gunpowder marks were clearly visible on Martin’s hooded sweatshirt."ABC LINK

I seriously doubt a cop would sell an evidence photo to ABC. Either Oliver wanted the photographer to sound more credible, or he's speaking of a different photo by a cop. Many, many people carry an iPhone, as might have the cop. There's even a program for iPhones and iPads for LE to use to record evidence. I also doubt GZ would refer to the officer as "man". JMO

So, this is a quote of my original question if this pertained to Trayvon still with no answer....I will assume there is no document that he had a history of violence, thanks

No one ever said there was afaik. The point was that there may be and we do not know because he is a minor. Which is the opposite of what was said in the OP I responded to. The OP said he has NO documented history of violence. And it was stated as fact. It is not a fact. That's all.

I think it was a comment to TM on his facebook page. That does not make it fair game. It makes it an unverified rumor regarding a victim. Certainly not proof of anything other than what it is, a comment made by someone else to TM. No police reports that would back it up. Kids sometimes embellish stories to make themselves seem tougher than they really are.

Plus wasn't it a question that TM never replied to? And, again, if it were true with all the media tracking down information we would have heard a statement from the bus driver by now. It's a fact that the question was asked. It is not a fact that it ever happened and to state it otherwise such as "he swung at the bus driver" would be a false statement. jmo

It was reported in the Daily Mail. Hopefully we'll hear from the bus driver and/or the tweeter about whether it is true. I wouldn't have expected to hear from the bus driver, at all. Especially if it was to say something that could be viewed as damaging to the State's case. jmo

I have a step-brother that was a KC cop for 12 years and a nephew who has been an Indianapolis cop for 8 years and I had them both listen to that tape. Both said they thought he had been drinking from the slurred words and his inability to give directions to his home turf. imo

They weren't there, dozens of other cops were. We don't know what they asked him at the scene to determine his sobriety. He gave directions, he stumbled on a technicality, whether to go left at the first street and didn't know if the curved cut-through had a name.

No one who 'listened' to the 911 tape mentioned above were there, and this is totally baseless speculation. Nowhere in his history or in the evidence is there anything remotely suggesting a drinking problem. No one said he was drinking that night, it hasn't even been suggested by any of the LE involved, including Corey, that he had been. JMO

I don't recall he ran around the truck "3 times" - was this from the bond hearing?

George Zimmerman told investigators that while he was on the phone with a Sanford police dispatcher reporting Trayvon Martin as suspicious, the teenager was circling his vehicle on foot, a source familiar with the investigation told the Orlando Sentinel.

Source: Zimmerman says Trayvon circled his SUV, frightened him

Just click on the box if it asks you to subscribe.

BBM

That's part of the the problem with this kind of law and CCW. I think shooting someone should be investigated like any other killing. Suspects are given their rights, get a tox screen done and have a lawyer/public defender. I don't think anyone should be able to walk away from shooting someone else without a thorough investigation.

This case will be handled by the law as written now. I hope Florida tweaks the law a little, more focused.

I see it is the exact problem the statutes were designed to correct. Without the statute, the onus is on the victim -- usually a law-abiding citizen-- to prove that he or she didn't "unecessarily" kill a criminal. To me, THAT is absurd. If you go ahead and arrest the person defending themselves anyway, you're treating them no better than the criminal that they shot. And probably ruining, or at least greatly distressing, their lives in the meantime. The truth is that the majority of criminals don't really care much about going to jail, and they don't have much to lose -- which is why they're out their committing crimes in the first place. It's their victims, when FORCED to defend themselves through no fault of their own, who have everything to lose. And they do.

It was reported in the Daily Mail. Hopefully we'll hear from the bus driver and/or the tweeter about whether it is true. I wouldn't have expected to hear from the bus driver, at all. Especially if it was to say something that could be viewed as damaging to the State's case. jmo

IDK, swing at a bus driver would also result in a suspension.

IDK, swing at a bus driver would also result in a suspension.

Idk, either. But if it happened, maybe it did result in a suspension. I don't think there's ever been any clarity about what each of the three suspensions was about. jmo

I see it is the exact problem the statutes were designed to correct. Without the statute, the onus is on the victim -- usually a law-abiding citizen-- to prove that he or she didn't "unecessarily" kill a criminal. To me, THAT is absurd. If you go ahead and arrest the person defending themselves anyway, you're treating them no better than the criminal that they shot. And probably ruining, or at least greatly distressing, their lives in the meantime. The truth is that the majority of criminals don't really care much about going to jail, and they don't have much to lose -- which is why they're out their committing crimes in the first place. It's their victims, when FORCED to defend themselves through no fault of their own, who have everything to lose. And they do.

Besides, the law doesn't state the person claiming SYG will never, ever be arrested for the crime, it just states they won't be arrested while an investigation is going on, if I understand it correctly. The SP has nothing the SPD didn't present to their own prosecutor, who saw no probable cause to arrest, so I don't understand why Corley charged so harshly, or at all. The phone call from the gf proves nothing, and it is all that's new.

IMO, even the investigator saying GZ's statement about moving his head away from the sidewalk proves nothing - eyewitness statements show TM was on top of GZ and would not allow him to retreat. How GZ felt is not viable proof or disproof of anything either. He says he feared for his life, how can anyone prove he didn't?

What, exactly, besides a body and a shell casing, did the SP have that convinced a magistrate there was probable cause for murder 2? Would additional evidence be presented with the probable cause? And if so, wouldn't that evidence be stated IN the probable cause?

Victim status is relative to shifting circumstances. sometimes arresting the "original" victim is the right thing to do.
Going OT but it slightly relevant-your post reminds me of the Ersland case, the pharmcist in OK that was convicted of murdering the dude that tried to rob his pharmacy. IMO, that was a good conviction-but many do not see it that way.
Ersland was the original victim being robbed and his reaction was to shoot one of the robbers dead and chase the other one. The dead burglar then became the victim and Ersland the perp.

The Ersland case reminds me of this case in some ways except in that case there was a videotape and so we knew exactly what went down. but still and all, much like this case, there remains a great divide among the public as to whether Ersland was a hero or a murderer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214